Hi Faithlings :-h

I would like to share a little excrerpt of Faith's Volume Two with you all today. A little more information on daejang's first love, Mae-Hee. I think this would help us understand how hurt daejang was before he met Eun Soo. After reading this, I hope to read some discussion from you girls about it, anything really! :) The more I read about this part, the more my heart goes to daejang... the more I miss him and imja too. :((

Here goes!

1845124-4GLPQ16.jpg
This part is from episode 4 whereby Choi Young is already unconscious; his soul is at the icy lake with his father, Choi Won Jik beside him...

His father asked abruptly, "Still in your heart?".

Choi Young knew who he was asking.

"Still here, never left".

Once he answered, that part of his heart began to make a sound and sadness filled within him. That was at Songaksan - the mountain he insanely rushes towards. Fallen leaves gathered deep on the ground; burying his ankle and hindering his way.

Jeokwaldae's bujiang (vice general) and others told him before they were incarcerated, they have let Mae Hee escape. Before the escapes, Choi Young grabbed hold of both Mae-hee's hand (with the thought of wanting to kneel down to beg and convey one word at a time to her), "No matter what, you have to stay alive because no matter where you are, I will find you, understand?" I said, "No matter where you are, I will come find you, do you understand?".

Mae-hee's eyes see nothing. Choi Young becomes anxious. Repeatedly, he said, "Look at me. I assure you, I will protect you, so you just need to trust me. Do you hear what I am saying?"

Mae-hee spoke so softly as if she was just breathing... "I... kill ... daejang".

"The one who killed daejang is the king! Don't say such useless thing, think about it!"

"I will become a burden to you."

"So be it that there is burden, that way I can live on. Mae-hee, if you become my burden, I will smile and live on, do you understand what I am saying?"

Choi Young thinks he should have talked to Mae-hee a little more, but he did not have time. He had to save the others; that was the order his master gave him and is also the promise he gave to his master. Twenty-two years old Choi Young fears and loathes that burdensome oath, it felt like he is going to die as well. Thus, he told Mae-hee what he thought she would definitely understand.

"Mae-hee ya, please save me."

From the beginning till the end, Mae-hee never looked Choi Young in the eye.

The next month, someone sent message to CY. It was from the people who agreed to take Mae-hee in. They said Mae-hee never appeared at the place they have agreed to meet up. Choi Young went crazy looking for her, he believes that no matter where she goes, he will find her and it's just that he hasn't found her yet. Believing that she would leave behind some traces. One day when twilight befalls, someone told him, she went there - Sangaksan.

------- to be continued.

Note: Do not re-post else where. Thank you. It will be updated onto the Faith blog a bit later.

Picking up from where we left off...

Choi Young on the bed, after surgery, having a seizure. Jangbin checks his pulse and felt the blocked ki; concluded that it was caused by emotional influence, and related to anger.

Jangbin thought, "I say you... you have abandon your mind and heart, so what is there left and worthy of you stubbornly accumulating that anger?"

>> This is the part we see Eun Soo gets frustrated that Choi Young is saved but still unconscious and had the talk with Jangbin in the garden

1845134-OGCELBM.jpg
credit as tagged

Back to Choi Young at Sangaksan. He has found Mae-hee's scarf. He picks it up with shaken hands, and he knew it was hers because she was the one who embroided the half moon onto the black scarf. Whenever they had time in between the battles, Mae-hee would practise. The first time she did, she embroided the moon obscurely so she kept that for herself. The second one, she has given it to the master. She was supposed to give the third one to Choi Young. Mae-hee told him she is getting better so she has asked Choi Young to wait a little bit more. Her whipping skills (can't help but laugh that daejang must be a masochist and likes getting whipped by Mae-hee =)) =)) ) is the best in Jeokwaldae but her sewing skills is totally the opposite.

Upon seeing the scarf, daejang begs, "No, Mae-hee, don't... please".

He knew where he had to go to find her. That little secret place - by the tree where they practise their martial arts, where they share food and where they take their afternoon nap, together.

1845128-GDIF44V.jpg

It is also the same place, leaning on that tree, is where Choi Young first kiss her.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1845129-R27M1XO.jpg

Mae-hee has hung herself on that tree. Choi Young carries her down, her body has harden and turned cold. It was not a pleasant sight for him to see the post-strangled, dead Mae-hee. He has to put her stucked-out tongue back into her mouth and with force, push her bulging eye-balls back and cover them.

He cannot comprehend.

My words, you didn't understood a word of mine?

I said I would protect you, you don't believe me?

I said if you live then I can live too, does that not matter?

And...

Why it has to be that tree! Why do you have to turn the memory we shared into this (stage)!

You knew I would find you here and you waited here for me to see you, like this!

From now on, each time I take a breath, I will recall your appearance and everything else, does this has nothing to do with you?

Is that all I am to you? Mae-hee ya, why does it has to be this tree?

Back to the lake, daejang thinks sadly about how he could protect her, he has thought about it thousand of times the different ways and would the outcome be different? This is the part where daejang starts giving up and starts letting himself become part of the lake, the ice.... and the part where his heart stops beating.

1845133-IJZTJLZ.jpg
>>> End <<<

Note: Do not re-post else where. Thank you. It will be updated onto the Faith blog a bit later.

1845156-4ZUTSGU.jpg
credit to Mongray

Okay, I'll start with what I think after reading this...

My heart broke into pieces, for daejang. He really did love her, whole-heartedly! It was especially heart-wrenching to find out from the book that he is the one that took her down from the whip around her neck, put her tongue back in and forced the bulging eyes shut! That, OH MY GOD, is cruel. No wonder daejang was ruined after that. No wonder his heart ached for so many years.

But I still don't hate Mae-hee. Daejang thought she would understand the "please save me" but I cannot help by wonder if Mae-hee thought she was saving him, releasing him from his oath to the master by killing herself. Other than that, she must be too upset to think straight. She was wallowing in guilt... she must be thinking if she had just endure the king's insult and the master would have lived.

All in all, of course, we see that Mae-hee was not strong to withstand the pain. She was selfish, yes, to end her life and dug out daejang's heart. But you know what? I still thank her... with the pain she has caused daejang, Eun Soo had the chance to fill it up and replace daejang's pain with happiness. Mae-hee killed daejang but Eun Soo gave him back life.... ahhhh how romantic!

Sadistic Sia likes the storyline :P and I like stoic daejang more than cute, naive daejang :))

Oh, apart from that... I noticed anger. All these time, we all thought daejang just feels guilty that he couldn't protect Mae-hee. But whaddaya know? He is angry at her too! That's refreshing and an interesting little piece of insight into daejang's emotions.

Guest wisteria7

Hello all Faithlings! Chingus!

The Telegraph website had an article about 700year old lotus plant seeds coming back to life. They were found in Korea  and date back to the Goryeo period.

Hope it shows that the Goryeo period will never die.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/7634236/Lotus-plant-grown-from-700-year-old-seed.html

@sia3

Wow those excerpts! Omg poor Daejang. Having to see MH dead ,having to close her eyes and put her tongue back in its place .So sad ,so his teacher's command to take care of the jeokwalde was a burden to him

Only question I have is how was MH suppose to save him? Confused on that. She sure did feel guilty, I think she felt like she was the burden and by ending her life she was relieving him of his burden. You know one less jeokwalde to protect.

now I understand CY reasons to fight KC and get ES diary in episode 12. It was to prove that he can protect

@sia3 Thank you for posting this...but why of all days, did I decide to watch 'Miracle in Cell No.7 before? Looks like I can't stop crying today. :o3 
Although I love our Imja couple, I also really like Mae Hee and Choi Young. Their relationship is just so sad. It's interesting to know that CY was mad and sad at the same time. I think Mae Hee couldn't simply think about CY very much at that time. She was probably in shock and guilt ridden that she caused her father's death. CY's words, her staying alive for him, probably didn't reach her, and maybe she thought that CY would be better of without her. (I'm really glad we didn't get to see CY putting her tongue and eyes back in...sorry...but that creeps me out...it's enough for me to know that CY was traumatized by her committing suicide in the drama, if I had to watch CY finding her and taking her down...I would have been a mess for a week...it's too much, poor CY)
Now the urge to re-watch Faith is strong...

laquetahodge said:I'm also glad that we know he was angry because she left him all alone and he had to deal with two of the most important people in his life die like that. Since he lost his father, master had been like a father figure to him and Mae Hee was his love. He lost two of them in such a short period, it messed with him & he was angry with her for (in his eyes) only thinking about herself when he was hurt as well. 

jerboa83 said:

Do someone know where I can find the "Pap chuseyo! 밥 주세요!" (ep. 2)  ringtone for my smartphone and how can I set it like Eun Soo did (I've Android)? @Everyone

Try Audiko and type in the Hangul. There's two there, I can't remember if one of them is the correct one. 

am i must download from audiko.com? audiko is a website? i've android too, same as ES's phone but i've white colour :))

@sia3
Oh wow another character,interesting. MH really made things a lot worse for CY
He was to protect them not have them die. What got him angry was that she didnt listen to him when he told her that he would protect her. Now that I am reading this. MH and CY story runs parallel with CY and ES .But of course they are obvious exception!!. One ES acted differently , although at first she ran away like a coward ,but who wouldnt in her situation, she returned to save CY. Pretty much by saving him she was letting him know that  he is capable of protecting . Also ES added and extra to the mix, she can protect him too! Unlike MH who just died being selfish.CY and ES both dealt with the burden of protecting together and they triumphed.

@adlyn13
You are very right, it does parallel with Choi Young and Eun Soo. It's significant in understanding why Choi Young would die to protect Eun Soo. It also explains, and made more sense that he puts Eun Soo as number One priority. What he could not do before, he does not want history to repeat. What's happening to Mae-hee, Eun Soo and him being torn between loyalty to Gongmin, his children & Eun Soo are probably why his hand shook and now I fully understand why he had a shocking look when Eun Soo pointed out to him in episode 12 that he, of all people, should know how it felt to be left behind.

I used to interpret that scene as Choi Young was surprised to find out "Oh, she knows about Mae-Hee" or just the plain context of "he should know how it felt to be left behind". But there is a deeper meaning to it than just that now, after knowing what happened to Mae-Hee.

This also explains why he desperately wants to send Eun Soo back in episode 22 when the antibiotic was destroyed. It explains how much pain he's in and had to endure if the person he loves dearly is to die in front of his eyes, again. Eun Soo-ya, do you even know? And you are willing to risk letting him see you dead? I understood that going back and living without purpose is not really living, but dying in front of him ugly is cruel too. :(( :(( :((

@sia3
Yeah I had the same epiphany. I was like no wonder he was so stubborn to send her back ,he didnt want history to repeat itself . Even if it meant to never see ES again sending her back to her time to get medical help, meant that she would be alive and that he did indeed protected her and therefore kept his promise!. I hated CY cuz of that stubborness,but now that I read the novel translated excerpts, I understand him and love him even more for that. Poor Daejang why do you have to be so perfect!!! :(( :((  Your right he didnt want to deal with such a cruel reality again. And then ES tells him she will die in front of him if she has to! OMG ES is cruel, but I know that she had faith that she was going to survive. Dying was not an option, but she went to that drastic measure to make it sink into CY head that she loves him and will do anything to stay by his side even if it costs her, her life! Big difference between ES and MH, MH just died without even trying to survive, ES didnt she fought to the bitter end and won!

OMG these two :(( :((

Guest myphim

iRTfnel1RpjCK.gif

Hi, hi, hi Faithlings!!!!  waving-smiley1.gif?w=584

Yes, I'm back! Where is my soju? ;))

ixtXREtmUClRb.gif

@sia3, @mattie2012, @guadi, @Anomalous, @Yuuni, @Gukja, @Hanjae, @awesomeduck, @WutHmone, @farstrep, @LuvMinHo, @Maja, @shengvang, @lynlily, @kappy, @vangsweetie637, @azzurri, and anyone I may forget.

Thank you everyone for sending me all those lovely, kind words and messages.
I'm truly grateful to all of you.

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, but I took my time to re-evaluate myself and my life.
Good news! I'm going back to school! Pharmacy school!
It's something my father would like me to do.
I'm doing this for him and myself.
Wish me luck!

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing well.

OMG! It has been 6 months since I'm last here.
My last post was on page 3803.
You guys have been chatting up a storm in here. :((
Should I backpedal? Should I even try? :((

Thank you Anomalous for keeping me updated about all the Faith news.
And thank you Sia for all the novel tidbits.
Thank you @violetts for giving us the translations.

I must paid my condolences to PD-nim family.
I am sad about his passing.
I know I used to complain a lot about him, but no matter what, we all have to be grateful to him for bringing Faith to us.
So thank you PD-nim for sticking with Faith no matter what.
Thank you for casting Lee Min Ho, Kim Hee Sun, Philip Lee, Park Se Young, Ryu Duk Hwan, Kim Mi Kyung, Park Yoon Jae, and Yoo Oh Sung for your drama and introducing me to my puppy, Kim Jong Moon.
Your drama Faith will forever remain in my heart, and may you rest in peace.

I can't stay long today, but I'll try to come back tomorrow to see you all again.
See you around Faithlings. :-h

P.S.  Oh gosh! Are you guys chatting up a storm in the Heirs thread too?