최영이 검을 스릉 뽑는다. 사내가 움찔하며 단도를 더 깊이 하늘여인의 목에 박는다. 그 희고 가느다란 목에 핏줄기가 주룩 흐른다.
최영의 의식이 차갑게 가라앉는다. 저놈은 죽인다.
(/ p.147)

CY brandishes his sword. Startled, the man digs the dagger more deeply into heaven's woman's throat. A line of blood drips down that white and thin throat. CY's consciousness settles coldly. That bastard is dead.

Hahahaha...Yes, I can see 'that bastard is dead' in his look. =)) =))

iQc7skB3qVQlV.jpg

Guest Anomalous

How is the petition going? When can I start signing?

Thank you @icesiren for translating those previews from the book for us. Reading it make me want the novel all the more. SJN has written down so many details for Choi Young. I love reading his inner thoughts. I'm afraid I may fall even deeper for Daejang once I finish the novel. :x

Guest Anomalous

myphim said: WHOSE LINE IS IT?

'They possess the greatest familiarity with the alleyways of the city.'

Anyone willing to challenge Misty today?
She will be the reigning champion then. :))

Guest tvelove

Anomalous said: How is the petition going? When can I start signing?

Thank you @icesiren for translating those previews from the book for us. Reading it make me want the novel all the more. SJN has written down so many details for Choi Young. I love reading his inner thoughts. I'm afraid I may even deeper for Daejang once I finish the novel. :x

I've found it!!!!
After much backtracking, I've finally found our Big Fish Daejang.
Thanks to @marrsq who posted it before for us. :))

Capture3-2.jpg

ibz4zdKwUvRf9j.png

=)) =)) =))

Guest tvelove

myphim said: 쭈그리고 앉아 땅의 한 부분을 손가락 끝으로 문질러본다. 피다. 여인이 피를 흘렸다. 열 배가 넘는 적에게 둘러싸여도, 목에 차가운 칼이 들어와도 최영의 마음은 그럴수록 가라앉곤 했다. 그러던 마음이 요동을 친다.
(/ p.130)

Crouching down, (he) rubbed the end of what was on the floor with his fingertips. Its blood. The woman spilled blood. Even when surrounded by more than 10 times the enemy, even when a cold sword is head at his throat, CY was able to regain his composure. But that heart is now trembling.

Wow! His heart finally trembles. She is affecting him more than he realizes.
I think we can use the novel to pinpoint exactly when they fall in love. It gives us so much details. Love it!!!
I want the novel now. :((

So that's what he's thinking during this scene. :x

icesiren said: I know.. life keeps getting in the way of proper Faith-enjoyment. So i've been popping by sporadically, lurking around, giggling at all the pretty caps and giving props to pervy Faithlings. ;)   
As to the excerpts: They are all such eye-openers for me - offering real insight into CY's motivations. Half the time while watching the drama, i'm so caught up in what's unfolding on screen, i don't really stop and think about WHY things are unfolding the way they are... so to read his innermost thoughts (for such a stoic warrior man), well they helped me understand CY more. Particularly the part about how he found himself reaching out to hold ES back unconsciously. Life line.. While reading it, I thought of ES as CY's life preserver. He was floundering in a sea of confusion - his faith (such as it was) in the King shattered; since a warrior's word is an integral part of his psyche, it makes sense how the King going back on his word, thereby forcing CY to do the same, would make CY feel as if he was drowning without a safe harbor. Then he sees ES there - ES, the one person left who he has something to offer, who offers him a purpose (?) - is his way out of his emotional morass. I guess if we're gonna play with metaphors, she's the beacon of light, showing him a way out of darkness. .. Wow.. I mean, wow. who knew that was what was churning in CY's head in front of Heaven's Gate. He knows holding her back is wrong.. but he can't help himself because he needs her to survive... [of course he then goes and essentially stabs himself, so i'm guessing guilt got the better of his instincts but whatever. i'll read that part when i actually get the book. haha].   
I'm loving at how much added nuance Writer Song's novelization seems to be adding to my overall Faith enjoyment. [and this is only from little excerpts!!] 

Guest tvelove

@icesiren!Thank you for your work.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your translate about the Faith novel. More than I can say! I love it so much.

Also, thanks for sharing your thoughts too.
>:D< >:D< >:D<

Guest Anomalous

tvelove said: Anomalous said: How is the petition going? When can I start signing?

Thank you @icesiren for translating those previews from the book for us. Reading it make me want the novel all the more. SJN has written down so many details for Choi Young. I love reading his inner thoughts. I'm afraid I may fall even deeper for Daejang once I finish the novel. :x

@disc : you're a WINNER too !! <:-P

@myphim : Yangsa !

And this Big Fish still cracks me up =)

@icesiren : Thank you for taking time to answer me :)

I think they expressly choose the juicier excerpts :))

I just watched those scenes from ep 2 and tried to pay attention to the tiniest details; now I see them in a new light.

But at the same time, since those inner thoughts wasn't in the script, the actors didn't play with those feelings and thoughts, mentioned in the book, in mind. So with those short parts from the book, I feel that it's a whole new story I'm reading. Because the Daejang I just read is so different from the one I saw on screen.

The book brings so many new perspectives.

But I'm really curious about one thing. Did SJN write the script with the book in mind or all those details in the book were to new her as well when she wrote it?

Don't know if I'm clear lol

Guest Anomalous

icesiren said: I know.. life keeps getting in the way of proper Faith-enjoyment. So i've been popping by sporadically, lurking around, giggling at all the pretty caps and giving props to pervy Faithlings. ;)   
As to the excerpts: They are all such eye-openers for me - offering real insight into CY's motivations. Half the time while watching the drama, i'm so caught up in what's unfolding on screen, i don't really stop and think about WHY things are unfolding the way they are... so to read his innermost thoughts (for such a stoic warrior man), well they helped me understand CY more. Particularly the part about how he found himself reaching out to hold ES back unconsciously. Life line.. While reading it, I thought of ES as CY's life preserver. He was floundering in a sea of confusion - his faith (such as it was) in the King shattered; since a warrior's word is an integral part of his psyche, it makes sense how the King going back on his word, thereby forcing CY to do the same, would make CY feel as if he was drowning without a safe harbor. Then he sees ES there - ES, the one person left who he has something to offer, who offers him a purpose (?) - is his way out of his emotional morass. I guess if we're gonna play with metaphors, she's the beacon of light, showing him a way out of darkness. .. Wow.. I mean, wow. who knew that was what was churning in CY's head in front of Heaven's Gate. He knows holding her back is wrong.. but he can't help himself because he needs her to survive... [of course he then goes and essentially stabs himself, so i'm guessing guilt got the better of his instincts but whatever. i'll read that part when i actually get the book. haha].   
I'm loving at how much added nuance Writer Song's novelization seems to be adding to my overall Faith enjoyment. [and this is only from little excerpts!!] 

Guest _Misty_

myphim said: WHOSE LINE IS IT?

'They possess the greatest familiarity with the alleyways of the city.'

Anyone willing to challenge Misty today?
She will be the reigning champion then. :))

Yuuni said: @disc : you're a WINNER too !! <:-P

@myphim : Yangsa !
And this Big Fish still cracks me up =)

@icesiren : Thank you for taking time to answer me :)
I think they expressly choose the juicier excerpts :))
I just watched those scenes from ep 2 and tried to pay attention to the tiniest details; now I see them in a new light.
But at the same time, since those inner thoughts wasn't in the script, the actors didn't play with those feelings and thoughts, mentioned in the book, in mind. So with those short parts from the book, I feel that it's a whole new story I'm reading. Because the Daejang I just read is so different from the one I saw on screen.
The book brings so many new perspectives.

But I'm really curious about one thing. Did SJN write the script with the book in mind or all those details in the book were to new her as well when she wrote it?
Don't know if I'm clear lol