Guest ubjustin

Guest motherducker

Ahhh, the last 2 episodes were just awesome!

It was good to see Korra and Asami bond and that Asami wasn't evil after all, just her father :mellow:

^I agree, it was really mature of Korra to let Mako be with Asami. Hm, I'm interested to see how everything turns out, in terms of who ends up with who.

Ugh, but I really dislike Mako when he played the whole 'omg y u gotta be jealous of me and Asami? FRIENDSHIP OVER' card. He thinks the whole world revolves around him eh?

And Lin is growing awesome-r every episode, I kinda ship Tenzin/Lin as well... =I

Oh, and Tahno. Poor baby :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, Asami being clueless of what her father is a part of was a great twist. Kinda reminds me of Zuko in a way, going against his father's ideals. But at the same time, I don't think Hiroshi is evil either, because he resents benders for taking away his wife, yet his methods in dealing with the situation is not right. I do feel weird how they've made pretty much most of the benders that killed nonbenders were firebenders--like Mako's and Bolin's parents, and now Asami's mother, and Amon's parents/family?

Guest motherducker

^ wow, I haven't thought about it now that you've mentioned it.

It is weird how it was firebenders that did all that... I wonder if there's some sort of significance to that?

^ Right!? huh.gif HAHA. The only thing I could think of was maybe firebenders were still really hated after the war because of what their nations had done to others. So perhaps they were looked down upon or something and forced to live lives like criminals because perhaps they were discriminatied. But it's alwayssssss the firebenders that are the killers so far. HAHAHA. Why no water or earth? laugh.gif

Guest Billion

Love this show. It's just all sorts of amazing. I can't wait for ep 8 "When extremes meet". With everyone now living a Air Temple Island there's bound to me lots of fun shenanigans. I'm especially curious to see how Korra, Mako, and Asami deal with being under the same roof.

I heard ep 9 is called 'Out of the Past'. The title alone is enough to get me beyond excited!

Guest Muso

I am in LOVE with this show! To me its better than the original Avatar. But I still love Avatar no matter what.

I wonder if Korra will ever learn Blood Bending.

I barely watch the original and the live action movie was terrible, however I'm warming up to this show. I got a chance to watch all the episodes so far and I like it. It's had the feel and art style of a Japanese anime but the script was definitely written for a Western audience. Sadly given the state of anime in the US, this is probably the closest thing to watching anime in the daytime.

I seriously wanted to punch Mako in episode 7.  While I was drooling over him in the first few episodes, he's quickly at the bottom of my favorites list now.  Surprisingly, I'm really adoring Asami right now.  She was awesome in episode 8, and was the only one really doing any damage while Team Avatar was out doing their Avatar duties.  Meelo is so adorable!  I can see he's got Aang's smooth moves lol.

The ending to this week's episode was actually rather interesting.  Wonder where Tarlock (sp) learned that from...and those quick flashbacks.

I can't wait for the next episode, where we finally get to meet characters from before!

Yep, I totally agree about next week getting to finallyyyy see the old Gaang! I also wanted to mention, the flashback did show moments where it looked like Aang, Toph, and Sokka were being controlled by blood bending by Yakone or something! I wonder if Yakone and Tarrlok are related somehow...because bloodbending in the past was only possible by a full moon. 

Guest motherducker

Team Avatar!!!!!!
Haha, I thought this episode was pretty cool.

Omg, I love Asami <3 I agree, she was the one that did the most damage on their chase, I mean she drove AND fought at the same time. Sorry, I have a bit of a girl crush on her.
:\">

Although, I'm really concern with that glare she gave when she saw Mako and Korra through the rear view mirror.

Well, aside from that, I'm realllly eager to learn what Korra's vision of the previous team Avatar means.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even begin to put all my emotions together from this latest episode. I thought I'd be on the verge of tears, and then I just bawled. All for Lin. Then at the end...omgawddddddddd, General Iroh! <3 I will have to come back when I've put myself together!

Guest motherducker

Oh my garrrsshhh!!!

Lin :(

That's all I have to say. It felt like this episode was all just for her.
She's definitely my hero.

I was teary eyed when that... that... happened.
:(:(:(

Guest monkeyshinobi

I have a feeling that losing their bending is only temporary, hopefully everyone that lost it can gain it back!!
Can't wait for saturday! :D 

Though that sounds great to have everyone get their bending, I am actually kinda torn with the idea. It would seem to unrealistic or something, so I'm torn about that. What I think is plausible though, may be for Korra to perhaps unblock it, but the benders who have lost their bending will have to start from the ground up and relearn it completely. That might be more plausible than to just have them gain it all back. AHHH one hour season finaleeeeeee! 

I have so much mixed feelings about the season finale! Everything felt somewhat rushed but was still great!
‎"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to our greatest change." -Avatar Aang.
THAT! AAAHHHHHHH!!!
When Avatar Aang, and finally all the past avatars stood before Korra, I tearbended like crazy! Excuse me while I gather up my jaw from the floor and dry my eyes.

Archived