Guest ubjustin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDIT: There's a different clip posted here on Nick's official site now: http://www.nick.com/...begin-clip.html

But there's still a different clip here. Click at your own discretion

http://meelosbending.tumblr.com/post/22212387534/be-the-leaf-avataraang-inspredwood-here

AHHHHH I LOVEEEEEEEEEE KORRA and the BROLIN moments. Finally we see more brotherly love! :wub: And Korra, she's...she's sooooooo amazing! I love her more and more each time!

ladiixnii, they did release a comic version of the story that follows the rest of the Gaang storyline. However, I like the time jump they've done with Korra here. :]

hellososhi! I am glad to see you back! I love the OST from A:TLoK too and wish they had released an official OST for A:TLA as well. Yes, let's discuss/speculate! :w00t:

miss.watermelon, that's one of the theories I had about Asami's character as well, that she'd be similar to Zuko's transformation. To confirm, episode 05 is listed for this Saturday. Probably just a glitch that hasn't been updated. HAHAHA so you saw the leak? :D well, sorta till it's official right?

suju_lovee, yea, it was actually on Nick's site. But can't wait till they officially fix it. :w00t: Yes, AMON I mean AMEN, once a week is not enough! And yes, it is this Saturday!

Emerald Snow...so if you clicked the spoiler...what'd you think! hahahaha

Another spoiler clip leak for episode 5!  TWO spoiler clips revealed.

http://inspredwood.tumblr.com/post/22289204043/new-legend-of-korra-clip-korra-talks-aboot-asami

http://appingo.tumbl...ost/22303378971 : AIYAAAAAAA :angry: This one had me gagging! HAHAHA I agree with Korra's reaction!!!

A picture from Studio Mir's facebook--the company behind Korra's animation! ^_^

62602_355819027809511_319257954798952_949211_1096080805_n.jpg

Why is Meelo....not wearing clothes? Haha!

Oooo...that first spoiler....Korra is so awesome!

The third one...oh wow, I gagged a bit too. I know we're not supposed to hate Asami, but boy was that pretty nauseating. I guess by that point they're officially together now......wonder whatever happened to that initial attraction he had for Korra.

But anyway, romance can take a backseat. I want to see more bending! There hasn't been enough cool bending like in the last season.

Why is Meelo....not wearing clothes?  Haha!

Oooo...that first spoiler....Korra is so awesome!

The third one...oh wow, I gagged a bit too.  I know we're not supposed to hate Asami, but boy was that pretty nauseating.  I guess by that point they're officially together now......wonder whatever happened to that initial attraction he had for Korra.

But anyway, romance can take a backseat.  I want to see more bending!  There hasn't been enough cool bending like in the last season.

Indeed, I think Korra will definitely need to focus on more bending. And she is doing an amazing job in that first spoiler clip posted. I bring another clip!!!

http://vimeo.com/41391729

AWWWWWWWW PABU IS SOOOOOOO CUTE in the spoiler clip. :wub:

Guest motherducker

omg you guys.

This is exactly how I felt while watching episode 5:

tumblr_m3k7x7jeHa1qjcqgvo2_r2_500.gif

Hahaha, I think I'm the only one who enjoyed that Eskimo kiss :vicx:

But Dayum, Mako... confused much?!

After watching the episode I got the feeling that he feels obligated to be with Asami because of her father sponsoring them. But he does like her... Just, he probably likes Korra more? Meh, it's weird :| Oh, and also for Bolin. He cares so much for his little bro, it's quite sweet :3

Ehhh, overall I don't really know how to feel about this episode. The confession, the kiss, the heartbreak... IT'S ALL TOO MUCH.

But srsly guys, Tahno's voice. :wub: Am I the only one?

Ahem, and I'll leave off with this sad tumblr post of Bolin.

http://avataraang.tumblr.com/post/22476503662

AWWWW, you totally summed up how I felt too, suju_lovee. HAHAHA

I think I loved one of this moment the most (I mean aside from the bromance, and how Korra is like Jinora's and Ikki's older sister. AWWW :wub:, source: http://mrspettyferr.tumblr.com/) is this part, because I felt it was really hard for Mako to say it:

tumblr_m3kg3n1lOd1rsgkafo3_r1_250.giftumblr_m3kg3n1lOd1rsgkafo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m3kg3n1lOd1rsgkafo5_250.giftumblr_m3kg3n1lOd1rsgkafo6_250.gif

thus my reaction:

tumblr_m3kkeuq32Q1r9rlr7.gif

there is a reallyyyyyyy long post this person has already posted, so saves me the trouble for writing my thoughts, since it's been done so eloquently of why I still do ship Makorra despite the major heat the couple took from this episode from the tumblr/fandom world.

First and foremost, I’m not going to litter this with gifs and things—I’m just going to get my thoughts across through words. And let me also say that I have absolutely nothing against any other ship and there is no bashing or character hate in this post.

That said? I’ll cut this for people who would rather not read my long-winded (no, really—it’s tl;dr) thoughts on this pairing.

Makorra - A Break Down: Why do I ship it? What do I like about them and why do I think they make a good pair?

Let me start off by saying… I do not consider this pairing “Zutara 2.0”, as some people call it. I don’t think it was intended to “placate” those fans. And yes, I was a Zutara shipper—I admit it. However, I also have no problem with my ships not being canon. I really like to explore the possibilities and dynamics when it comes to relationships, regardless of what canon may give me to work with.

So why Mako and Korra? I admit, from a visual point of view, I like the way they look together and compliment one another (from an artistic point of view, as well) and I have a thing for height differences. And there’s the fire/water contrast, but NOT what you would think in this case. When you consider those elements, it’s as though Mako and Korra are embodying them backwards.

KORRA is the hot-tempered, fiery and headstrong one, with a definite air of arrogance. She has confidence, strives for independence, and she takes life by the horns.

MAKO is described as “cool under fire” and he shows it in his aloofness and rather cold and seemingly-uncaring nature. But he is very nurturing when it comes to his family—his brother—and he shows a great capacity to care and work hard for the sake of those he cares for. I believe he embodies the Water element better than Korra does.

This difference and “swap” immediately attracted me to their dynamic. And from there, it only grew.

I openly admit that I have a liking for pairs that have a rocky start and rocky terrain that they build upon. I didn’t see it in full-force with these two until the newest episode (5), but I don’t believe couples like Mako and Asami tend to last. Things are not always going to be perfect with your crush/significant other and I believe it’s actual healthy to let those feelings out rather than bottle them in. So in that sense, I was glad that Korra “went for it”.

But let’s back-track a bit. Episode 3. This was definitely what a lot of Makorra fans would call a “shippy” episode, and I agree. There were definitely a lot of nicely laid out hints there (like the sleeping together beneath the autumn trees). And we finally got Mako opening up a little bit more to Korra.

What I really liked about them in that episode, however, is how well they worked together. Even more than a sucker for bickering couples, I am a sucker for partnership relationships. Korra didn’t just let Mako go off on his own to look for Bolin—she insisted that she help and put everything she had at Mako’s disposal to assist the search. They shared ideas, worked out the puzzle of the map - when it mattered, they worked together instead of fighting or distrusting one another. That leads me to my favorite moment…

In Amon’s rally, as Mako sets up the plan, Korra turns to him before she goes off and lifts up her hand and says “Good luck.” And Mako clasps that hand, returning a “You, too.” And that right there was my favorite moment of the episode and sent my little partnershipping-heart beating. I do also note the amount of trust Mako showed in Korra by letting her borrow his scarf (as he reveals JUST how special it is to him in Ep 4 and how he believes it “keeps him safe”).

So then there’s Asami. I honestly still have no idea what I think of her. Right now, her character is pretty flat and lackluster to me, but I have absolutely no hate and I don’t think she’s just there to “get in the way” of the Makorra ship. I admit I was surprised how Mako’s personality seemed to do a 180 when he saw her and they subsequently went out on a date, but… he’s a teen boy. She’s a pretty girl. And as he says to Bolin in the newest episode, he doesn’t think dating a teammate is a good idea - and in my opinion, considering the subject of that conversation was Korra, he has considered the idea before. And likely talked himself out of it. In fact, if you recall in Episode 3, Mako says something along the lines of “Lovebird is making a house call” about Bolin possibly going to the Air Temple to see Korra (and this is before ANY of that development happens with Korra), and yet in Episode 5, he’s turning it around and saying suddenly that he doesn’t think it’s a good idea for Bolin to date Korra.

At this point, we can definitely gather that Mako is confused. He says it “makes more sense” for him to be with Asami, but he does not seem at all clear on his own feelings for Korra, even if he does refer to her as “more like a pal”. Judging by his facial expressions in that scene of his talk with Bolin, he’s having some definite inner conflictions.

Korra is the more straightforward one. As viewers, we catch onto her crush before we can really figure out much about Mako’s views. And Episode 5 solidifies it: she most definitely likes him. And in a very Korra-like way, she takes Pema’s advice naively and at face value and right out and confesses to Mako.

Now, if I hadn’t already seen a little of it in the bro’s conversation about Korra, Mako’s faces in the pro-bending locker room say everything that he doesn’t say himself. He’s obviously conflicted. And it’s not a crime to be confused about feelings for two different people. I really don’t understand why he and Korra are suddenly getting so much hate for being human.

Anyway, I digress… despite the confusion on Mako’s end and Korra dealing with his rejection, he goes out of his way to make things clear to her. He wants to be honest with her and he seems to have a hard time doing so (probably because he’s dealing with not just Asami, but now he knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that his brother is interested in Korra and that the two of them went on a “date”). And perhaps Korra jumps the gun again by kissing him, but I can’t blame her for being overwhelmed—the guy she likes just said that she thought she was “pretty amazing” and is actually admitting that he likes her, despite everything that’s going on.

Mako kissing back, honestly, was a slight surprise to me. But that again proves that he’s at least being honest in that he does like her—and that he wasn’t just saying that to keep her feelings from being hurt further.

Now, let me also address Bolin - my thoughts for him aside (as I adore him like crazy) - it’s safe to say that Korra has not returned any of his romantic interest. Yes, she did seem flattered when he put her up on that pedestal right after his brother “rejected” her, but there’s no hints laid about what she thinks of him in that sense. It’s all related to Bolin and the way he looks at her. And I don’t agree with the people who think that Korra has to return his feelings because he showers her with gifts and takes her out on a date and such. Like a friend of mine has said, that’s trying to call Bolin a “Nice Guy” and I don’t believe he’s like that at all.

That said, I don’t like how the creators decided to almost “comically” break his heart like that. But Mako was not being honest with Bolin about his feelings for Korra—as soon as Bolin made that snap at him after he said he thought Korra was “Great” but he was with Asami already, Mako immediately backed off and looked guilty, in my opinion. Also, he didn’t seem to be noting that Korra didn’t have interest in him or that she was attracted to and liked his brother. So while my heart breaks for him, I think Bolin might have needed a wake-up call like that.

PHEW. If anyone is still with me at this point, I will give you a cookie! Haha. Anyway…

Things are a right mess after this episode, yes, but I ship Makorra for pretty much all of the reasons above and then some. And as for those who say this is moving too fast in general? Yes, I agree to a point, but… notice what they’re doing with the seasons? Espisode 3 gave us what looked like the beginning of “Fall”. And here in Episode 5, we have snow, which I think pretty safely signifies that a few months have possibly passed inbetween then. And this was originally supposed to be a very short series.

In short, this pairing does a lot of things for me and it inspires me to want to explore their relationship further. The physical aspects, the emotional, Mako being in denial and showing jealousy, Korra just going for it with all that she is, the bickering and fighting, the partnership…

I believe this pairing has a lot of things going for it and a lot of potential. I’m interested to see how Asami will fit into this and how Mako and Korra will deal now that their feelings have been expressed (even if they do end up being “friends” for now).

And I will go down with this ship, canon or not.

source: http://amako-chan.tumblr.com/post/22479528145/makorra-mako-korra-analysis-why-i-ship-it

Guest miss.watermelon

MY BABY BOOOOLLIIIIIIIN

tumblr_m3k4yfyn1n1r1fmweo1_250.gif

wae so precious tears.gif ?!?!?!?! anyways, this episode. THIS. EPISODE. gah. i'm conflicted like mako over who to ship, while simultaneously feeling guilty for not caring as much about amon. but srsly, where he at? 

anyways, still excited for the next episode. 

AND TAHNO. A;SDLKFJA;SDLKFJ;ASDFKJ THAT VOICE. 

"I could give you some private lessons"

I'm guessing next episode will be the championships versus the Wolfbats, and Amon crashes their party, takes Tahno's bending away (NO) and then yeah. I'm kind of hoping that Tahno has a reversal and really becomes infatuated with Korra joins the Krew or something. Just because of his voice.

Guest courtleee

OMG this episode was just..................a little too fast for me.  I honestly wish they'd get back to real, creative, awesome-looking bending.  Pro-bending just isn't cutting it for me.

^^

I'm kinda missing those epic bending battles, like when entire oceans would be lifted, or giant slabs of rock being thrown, brutal yet skillful uses of fire...

It seems really early for the kiss to happen, but I guess their time is limited since they don't have 3 seasons like ATLA.  POOR BOLIN, aw man, his face when he saw those two kissing broke my heart ;_;

OH EM GEE. I can’t even begin to put where my feelings are. Igot major goosebumps when Korra and Lin teamed up! YAY! She’s finally warmingup to Korra. I loved that expression on her face when she was deciding between saving Korra or dealing with the Equalists. But when she swung her wires away and went for Korra, my reaction: YESSSS! I think they’re going to get along just great as Tenzin mentioned, if Lin only gave Korra a chance—given they’re so similar in nature. But Lin has definitely gained so much of my respect. I seriously adore her!

I wonder if Tarlokk is going dump this mess back onto Linsince he had that smug look saying everything will be fine if it’s Chief Bei Fong overlooking the security. Sketchyyyyyyyy…

And I can’t believe how fans had said that Lin and Tenzin were a pair even before the episode aired, and that’s just what happened! D: This fandom is AWESOME!

There’s so much going on that I want to talk about, butnever feel my posts has enough substance, so I’ll just go with my feelings for now again.

Korra is just soooooo awesomeeeee when she was like “I got this” hahahaha. LOVED IT! It’s wonderful that Korra is slowly being able totune into her spiritual side as well, even if only for a bit. I love the progression she’s making, and it’s great to see how she’s slowly but surely getting in touch with Aang. HOORAY! The flashbacks make me miss GAANG so much!I think I might have to go watch A:TLA again while I wait for next week. Oh the torture.

I’m confused though, so did Tahno get his bending takenaway, or was that just a scare tactic Amon used?

And finally, d’awwwwww Makorra! Subtle Makorra is really BEST! I loved the scene where Mako blocked the hits for her, even though we’vealready seen it in the trailer, it was really nice still. Then when Korra threw Mako back up on the arena, awesomeness! I seriously love Korra—she’s amazing. She bravely went after Amon despite her water tornado falling a bit short…thank goodness for Lin. Then that hug Mako gave. :] I am happy!

This is going to be torture waiting again. But it’ll beawesome IF next week we get an hour long episode.

This was a spectacularrrrrrrrrrr episode!!!

lol when Korra was struggling to throw Mako back up into the arena...

I wish the story wasn't confined to just Republic City, but I guess the producers just didn't want a repeat of ATLA. But just Korra's new personality could've added something new to it. I'm really dying to see the story behind Korra's flashbacks--grown-up Aang, Sokka, and Toph are uber cool ^^

And now for the final question--ZUKO, WHERE ARE YOU?!

^ I think it's possible we may see Korra back at the Southern Water Tribe in season 2...maybe? Just speculations. Yea, I can't wait to see more of the Gaang. I have a feeling from the latest episode, we will hear more of Zuko or of his descendeants. With the city at war, I think it's time they bring in some international help, aka Fire Nation! :] I can't wait to also hear what happened to Ursa, Zuko's mother, and who Lin Bei Fong's father is. :D EXCITINGGGGG! 

Guest xtinernguyen

THIS SERIES IS AMAZINGGGG!

Episode 6 fighting scene at the end felt epic compared to the episodes so far. HOW COOL WAS LIN? WOWOW! :w00t:

And with pro bending finished, it must mean the fight is going to get bigger and better and grander! Yay!

I can't wait to see Aang and Korra talk in the spirit world :D:w00t:

^ AGREED WITH ABOVE! I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ZUKO'S MOTHER ASAP. They just teased us like crazy in that first episode <_< hahahaha

This was a great episode, and my respect for Lin keeps rising! I love her and it's terrible that I ship Tenlin too. She has a big heart with the way she showed so much care/concern for her team and is going to after them and get her team back! 

I find that this is going to be a great bond between Lin and Korra then--maybe they'll be going on the journey together now...(like Zuko and Iroh!) WOOHOO! And she'll probably be teaching Korra metalbending too! I can almost envision Lin and Tenzin debating on what element Korra needs to practice first, I mean yes, air, but Lin will have her say as well! hahahaha. 

It'll be interesting to see Jinora and Ikki's reaction too when Asami comes to stay at Air Temple. Now...enduring two weeks. :'(

And I just wanna echo what's been said, Korra and Lin were awesome in this episode. I loveeeeeeee Korra's subtle growth here, because it truly takes a lot of courage to let go of the person you like and tell them to take care of someone else. It's heartbreaking, and going to be so, given that they'll all be in proximity at air temple now. At least I hope Jinora and Ikki will be there for her. And hey, maybe Lin too! :] 

Archived