Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Annyeong everybody!! o my gosh!! It's like coming back to a warm heaven here!! ;) gosh how can I thank you dears enough for all the best binnie goodies!!??

Hope I'm not too mushy with my thank yous...but Thank you Junsho and Fishrain ssis for your translations and those gorgeous PS work of peipei...you gals are soo talented!! Tae Woong's favorite 'Xiao Peng You' (sorry for my lousy mando...hehe..his nick for Bora in 1..)

and of coz to my dear sistas who is putting me in some form of pervertedness EVERYDAY!!!....so my bin for today is waterfountain bin?! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Guest bitter SOOweet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HE'S SO FLIPPING HOTT I LOVE HIM SO FRICKING MUCH

I REMEMBER HIM FIRST COMING OUT ON NEW NONSTOP 4 AS JUNJINS FRIEND AND OMFG I FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

AHHHH I LOVE HIM

Mother of all, Hyun Bin is looking so0o fine...

Thanks everyone for all the photos & MV uploads!!! Can't wait for the DVD release of Snow Queen :)

Thanks to mookie dear for providing a detailed summary for SQ's Episode 1. I just want to share it with Binnie fans here. :wub: Some soompiers said that her lines are quite poetic. :D Enjoy~! :)

Snow Queen Episode 1 (spoiler alert !!!) :ph34r:

He was looking for Lapland....he finally found it at the northern verge of the wintry land.

He was looking for his Snow Queen, who took his love away he believed..

He came here...looking for his loneliest, prettiest queen.

16 year old Han Tae-Woong was a freshman at Yeong Jae High school. He was a simple, studious teen with a pure heart and a crystal clear mind. his dad had passed away and his mom had a small roadside food stall. With the recommendations of his math teachers he was accepted by this prestigious senior high school.

Kim Jeong-Kyu had always been under the spotlight...He was the well-known genius protege with IQ 180...class rep, best all-rounder. All his life he only knew how to be number one, how to be a winner.

One day the Math teacher put up a trick question for the class....

JK, promptly came up with the accurate answer.

'But then the question was wrong..', TW pointed out with a clearcut explanation. Teacher was pleasantly surprised, but it's bitter for JK to palate..Tw was already a speck of irritating sand in his eye.

One of TW's classmates who knew JK well, warned TW about Jk's insatiable competitiveness. However, it's never in TW's character to think of anybody in a dimmer light.

They had to write a Math term paper. All the classmates were complaining on how impossible it was to finish it but TW has already done his on the topic of the complicated Whole number theory, finishing a day ahead of the class. JK, learning that, further fueled his envy.

The teacher asked TW to run an errand for him at the library. A commotion was going on at the frontdesk with a spoilt little girl. She was demanding to buy a book from the library..flaunting her cash in vain. TW took a look at the cover...'Snow Queen?!'

A while later, the rich little girl got into trouble and TW scared the bullies away. Though thanking him, the spoilt brat complained of his lack of manners, but she needed cash getting home. TW was amused, he lent her the cash, about to bid his farewell when the girl shuffled a beeper in his hand in place of the money she owe him.

JK was working on his math paper but his mind was warped with thoughts of TW...at that moment he found what he most wanted to find.... when the teacher was complimenting both TW and his work and recommending them to enter their papers into a competition, he reported his findings in the library...TW plagarized a 1994 dissertation!

The teacher was furious at TW but TW was at lost. The teacher asked to have a meeting with his mom. His mom was totally disappointed with his lack of integrity. The hurt and disgrace he put her mom through was too much for TW to bear,let alone the insults JK hurled at him about his parents later on at school. TW exploded and hit JK.

In his despair, TW wandered mindlessly just when a beeper was going off nonstop. The girl was calling for him...

She needed him to be his guardian to get a plane ticket. TW foiled her plan being just a high school student. Although irritated and annoyed, she was touched by his concern that she might have been kidnapped. She told him her destination--Lapland.

Chased by the police they had to leave the airport and run as if their lives' at stake. TW gave up on going along with her fairytales and was goin to leave when she confessed to him she's a 14 year old, she's running away from home...just like him..

Ji-Ae knew something was up with JK...in her investigation she found out the dissertation that JK was accusing TW of plagarizing has a misprint...the inequality sign was in the wrong direction..which was corrected in the subsequent issue. She also found out that only JK has checked out the journal, not TW....

The girl and TW decided to spend the day in an amusement park. On the Ferris Wheel, she confided in him that her mom passed away when she was 6. Her mom used to read her SQ everynite..She torn the book when she thought SQ took her mom away...but she missed her, missed the book...missed Lapland..Lapland wont be a cold and lonely place if she could go with her mom...she will never be lonely again...

TW gave the beeper back to her at the end of the day, telling her he'll call her beeper number when he thought of her...the girl he forgot to ask her name.

Ji Ae confronted JK on the journal. Jk was shocked...Ji Ae was right, how can a genius like himself missed such an easy mistake?! He's mistaken TW...he let the sand in his eye grown into a pebble...blocking his senses.

TW's Mom was sorry for not trustin her only son. TW has never blamed her, but he's relieved that he was not her disgrace anymore. Young as he was, he knew his mom had put through a lot of tiring nites just so he could escape their lives.

JK came to the foodstall...he owed TW an apology. They got into a fight with the gangs but due to the fight, their friendship blossomed.

The teacher told them they will both be candidates in the Math Olympiad. Elated with the competition and the chance to represent Korea, they encouraged each other to try their best.

The became fast friends. While sharing hopes and dreams one night at the observatory, Tw remembered the little girl. JK revealed his goal to win the Fields medal. It was his dad's dream and now his...but his own dream was to be Kim Deuk Ku...a boxer.

'To Kill or be killed' JK has been living by his idol's motto. He died the year they were born, in 1982. He got into a deadly coma in the arena on Nov 13 after an unforgetable championship fight.

TW, on the other hand, dreamt of a simple life...a stable paying job, married to a woman he loves, teaching his children how to add and subtract. He knew then there's not much more to happiness than this.

The day of the Olympiad finally arrived. JK was again the center of attraction. Swarmed by reporters, he was expected to get the Gold.

TW thought of the little girl, he found the book she wanted and called her on her beeper to meet up next saturday.

She was at the hospital then, another infusion, another day. She's excited he called and they would meet up...too bad it's on the day of her operation.

It was the day for the announcement of the results. TW was the first to congratulate JK. He is so happy for him as if he himself has won the Olympiad.

The unthinkable happened..The winner with the highest score ever was TW.

JK was numb..he didnt know what to feel..his dad had reminded him earlier that everybody only remembered the first place winner...he's nobody now..

TW was lookin for him everywhere..when he finally found him he let him vent his anger out. TW told JK as is. He was happy, happy for his mom's elation, happy for no longer had to worry about tuitions. But he would never be happy with defeating his best friend. JK the genius. And the thought of taking his place in the spotlight has never crossed Tw's mind.

JK in his envious fury, told TW they can only be competitors fr now on, never friends anymore.

TW was hurt. he felt like his world shattered too with the abandonment and the guilt.

JK was lost in his defeat. To him, he lost everything, he lost his identity. He was genius no more, no proud number one son, no best friend of TW, no Tw..In his last words to TW he took back his spiteful words...all he can say to TW was he's sorry....'sorry...sorry..TW...sorry...'

--8 years later--

the 17 yo TW in 1998 was gone forever with JK. TW recalled the changes over the years. It is now 2006, Kim Deuk Ku is dead for 25 years, he's 25 years old. A lot of the things then were gone too...Jk was gone.

He wondered how the little girl was doing..was she still waiting for him there?

He was at the hospital visiting his friend. He can only share his rare smiles with very few people now.

A commotion was going on at the front desk.. a girl was screaming. She was a patient here. screaming at the top of her lungs to get everybody away from her....she said she's going to kill herself. TW instinctively grabbed her. He looked at her with his stern piercing eyes....

Whoa Ann dearie thanks heaps for posting mook sis's summary here! :w00t::w00t:

I was so totally bowled over by her narration and her discussions on SQ! :o

Please folk, u have got to watch this drama, Binnie is sooooooooo good in it! :blush: I'm really loving every second of it! :wub:

I'll bring some of mook's excellent analyses over if I'm allowed to? :unsure:

Some observations made by our threadmistress between the SQ characters & the children's fairytale. I think there're some shadow of the tragic life of the boxer Kim Deuk Gu as well. Enjoy! :)

I read "The Snow Queen" yesterday and it's not an ordinary children's fairytale. If anyone else has read the story, please share your comments as I want to have a better understand of the story. :sweatingbullets:

Brief Brief Summary

The story is quite deep and it depicts how many humans have a piece of "broken glass" that"s stuck inside their hearts. It is a story about a little boy named Kay and a little girl named Gerda. Little Kay was kidnapped by the Snow Queen and his heart became a lump of ice. Little Gerda went on a journey all the way to Lapland to find little Kay. She then melted his heart and they returned back to their home.

-----

I'm writing this according to my observations in episodes 1 and 2

Tae Woong/ Deuk Gu's character contains elements of little Kay, little Gerda, Macini, and Kim Deuk Gu

TW/DG as little Kay: math genius, poor, long hair, pure t heart, heart was frozen when Jeong Kyu died, separated from Bo Ra until they meet again as grown ups, sat on a sledge to go to Lapland

TW/DG as little Gerda: will eventually melt Bo Ra's frozen heart and "remove" the glass fragments that were stuck in there since childhood, goes on a journey to Lapland to search for the Snow Queen

TW/DG as Macini: blames himself for the cause of Jeong Kyu's death but still managed to live a positive life

TW/DG as Kim Deuk Gu: became a boxer to fulfill Jeong Kyu's dream of trying to be like his idol, Kim Deuk Gu

-----

Bo Ra's character contains elements of little Kay, little Gerda, and any children from chae bol families

BR as little Kay: heart was frozen since childhood, mother used to tell her fairytales about the Snow Queen, a small piece of broken glass in her eye prevents her from seeing the beauty of many things

BR as little Gerda: pure at heart, will eventually melt TW/DG's heart, separated from TW/DG until they meet again as grown ups

BR as a child from a chae bol family: rich, lonely, unhappy, lacks the warm love from her parents

-----

In episode 2, the snowflakes symbolizes the Snow Queen

Anyone, please feel free to add comments or make any corrections. :D