Choi Ji Woo 최지우

Guest Azura

Guest florita529

This should be posted in Twenty Again thread but i'm only concern with Ji Woo

[Spoilers] Twenty Again (Pilot)

news 1 - Naver: 'Twenty Again' Choi Ji Woo begins her campus life amidst ups and downs

1. [+3,505, -210] It might be because it's only the first episode and but I didn't find it immensely fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Still worth watching though.  Lee Sang Yoon's handsome and Ji Woo-hime is pretty!!

2. [+2,710, -250] 1 hour flew by so fast...

3. [+2,886, -254] It's super fun

4. [+728, -47] Even if you're 38, it's possible to look younger by dressing the right way, but Choi Ji Woo's styling and hairstyle seem to accentuate her age. I'm looking forward to her love line with Lee Sang Yoon

5. [+652, -46] Choi Ji Woo's character is pitiful. Her husband doesn't love her anymore, the son neglects her and her school mates are rude to her ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+446, -36] I'm a job seeker who recently graduated. This drama makes me think back to my uni days and ask myself whether I was ever happy and if it was ever a rewarding choice.."We don't go to university just to get employed", that part made me tear up

7. [+344, -31] Ji Woo-hime hwaiting.. It felt like watching my own university experience. Group projects are the worst ㅜㅜ

8. [+334, -26] But in reality, professors and students are nice to mature students  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+283, -35] Writer So's dramas are enjoyable and this one doesn't disappoint

10. [+235, -47] The first episode was a bit frustrating ㅠㅠ Why is Lee Sang Yoon so mean to her? ㅠㅠ

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qxFLkCgBQ38/VeE6Ay1Re6I/AAAAAAAAJPw/SIllOnltuqY/s1600/hh1ir.jpg

Nate
1. [+775, -10] I'm all aware about the drama being unrealistic and all but this is a bit of a stretch. In university, mature students aren't treated like that. One of my colleagues at uni is in his mid-30s and he's enjoying his uni life because the younger ones who call him hyung and oppa are very nice to him

2. [+670, -21] Had to check this out because I've got nothing to watch after OMG ended but I found the situations too dramatic and unconvincing and the other characters' personalities are so-so. There are plenty of mature students out there and you won't hear them getting called 'ahjumma'. With Choi Ji Woo's face and body, she wouldn't lose to someone in her 20s but her acting and her character here is the frustrating type

3. [+31, 0] I'm really close with this unni at school and our age difference is almost 20 years. In this age and time, who would be mean to a mature student? Is studying at an older age a sin? tvN's signature touch is missing in this one

4. [+29, -1] Ha Nora is pitiful. Her husband, son and the students are acting as if she did something unrighteous. I hope she grows into a strong woman as the drama moves on. Please don't end it with her getting back together with the husband because that would be lame

5. [+25, 0] What kind of university has a professor like him? In reality, professors treat everyone, mature students or not, with respect. The person who wrote this hasn't been to a university

1382846_904248522943530_8703349700487735

Article: August 29,2015

Choi Ji Woo Talks Marriage, Cooking, and Getting Older

In a candid interview with KBS‘ “Entertainment Weekly,” actress Choi Ji Woo opens up about marriage, cooking and getting older.

During the “OX” quiz, Choi Ji Woo answers with an “O” (yes) to the question of whether she would like to date. “Of course,” she says, and then responds with a yes again to the follow-up statement “Whoever marries me is a lucky man.”

When asked whether she thinks so because of her fortune, she replies, “A little bit,” laughing

With regards to cooking, Choi Ji Woo goes on to deny that her skills are up to the level that they are made out to be by the media.

“I’m really not good,” she says. She has difficulty naming which dishes she is best at, so reporter Yoon Tae Jin asks, “How about kimchi jjigae, dweon jang jjigae, and mi yeok guk?”

Choi Ji Woo says, “Those are all a given.” But she adds, “I will say that when I cook once, I don’t really fail. Is this a bit of self promotion?”

Finally, when asked about how confident she is in her bare face, she candidly responds, “When I was younger, in my twenties, I was confident. But now, if you look at me cursorily I’m fine, but if you look closely I have a lot of wrinkles. There’s a difference between when you look from far away and up close.”

Source:http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=057&aid=0000758969

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201508292223161110

Via: http://www.soompi.com/…/choi-ji-woo-talks-marriage-cooking…/

• Like 5

August 30, 2015

'Twenty Again' adds up for Choi Ji-woo

Source: The Korea Times

jiwoo-450.jpg 

Actress Choi Ji-woo, center, poses with co-stars at a press conference for her latest drama "Twenty Again." / Yonhap

Actress Choi Ji-woo's new drama "Twenty Again' got off to a good start, topping more than 3 percent in the ratings.

The Friday/Saturday drama on the cable channel tvN posted 3.8 percent in its first episode on Aug. 28, according to Nielsen Korea and reports. The second episode recorded 3.6 percent.

Choi plays Hanora, 38, who returns to college after getting pregnant and married at 18. Once at college, and overlooked by her professor husband and her college student son, she reunites with her first love, played by Lee Sang-yoon.

Despite not being involved in any hit drams for nearly a decade, the ratings bode well for Choi.

Choi _ also known as "Jiwoo Hime" in Japan for her role in the 2004 drama "Winter Sonata"has been involved in dramas with faltering ratings since then.

But she reasserted her presence by appearing in entertainment variety programs such as "Three Meals a Day" and the Greek travel episode of "Grandpas Over Flowers."

janee@ktimes.com

• Like 4

August 30, 2015

Choi Ji-woo’s character faces fresh obstacles in ‘Second 20s’

(tvN)

The latest episode of tvN drama “Second 20s” aired on Saturday, showing the main character Ha No-ra (Choi Ji-woo) going to class for the first time at college and facing other difficulties. 

In a previous episode, No-ra was accepted to a college in her late 30s. She was not able to go to college earlier because she got pregnant when she was only 19 years old. Now as a wife and a mom to a 20-year-old son, she tries to restart her life upon hearing that she has only a few months to live. 

On her first day of school, No-ra met her high school friend Cha Hyun-suk, who now is a professor, at her first class.

Hyun-suk, however, was very cold to No-ra, having embarrassed her by making her introduce herself. After the class ended, she asked Hyun-suk why he had to be so mean to a high school friend. 

It turned out Hyun-suk had lived with a traumatic memory of his high school crush, No-ra leaving the school after she got pregnant. 

No-ra faced even more difficulties as she encountered her husband, Kim Woo-chul, who is a professor at the college she goes to. No-ra kept avoiding him, which made Hyun-suk curious as to why she decided to become a college student and about her husband.

The tangled relationship between the characters is expected to be shown on the next episode as Hyun-suk starts delving into No-ra’s life. 

The next episode of “Second 20s” will air on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

Poll by tvn based on 5k voters in south korea...cjw is among top 10 most beloved south korea celebrities....the 1st one is yoo jae suk...but cjw is among top 5 actresses in the list..others include jeon ji hyun... lee young ae...song hye kyo...kim tae hee and ha ji won..congrates jiwoo

Edited by jas
  • Like 6

Poll by tvn based on 5k voters in south korea...cjw is among top 10 most beloved south korea celebrities....the 1st one is yoo jae suk...but cjw is among top 5 actresses in the list..others include jeon ji hyun... lee young ae...song hye kyo...kim tae hee and ha ji won..congrates jiwoo

Awww so proud of her! What's not to love about this darling tho? :wub:

• Like 5

http://entertain.nav...&aid=0002652933

http://entertain.nav...&aid=0000513803

http://entertain.nav...&aid=0002652929

tvN hold a survey about Most favorite Nation's Stars of Korea 2015, and the result of Top 30 is:

01. Yoo Jae-suk (MC) 

02. Jun Ji-hyun (actress)

03. Kim Soo-hyun (actor)

04. Song Hye Kyo (actress)

05. Jang Dong-gun (actor)

06. Lee Young-ae (actress)

07. G-Dragon (singer)

08. Kim Tae-hee (actress)

09. Ha Jung-woo (actor)

10. Choi Ji Woo (actress)

11. Ha Ji-won (actress)

12. Hwang Jung-min (Actor)

13. Kim Hye-soo (actress)

14. SNSD / Girl Generation (singers)

15. PSY (singer)

16. IU (singer)

17. Suzy (singer/actress)

18. Yoo Ah-in (Actor)

19. Shin Dong-yup (comedian)

20. Park Bo-young (actress)

21. Seo Taiji (singer)

22. Jeon Do-yeon (actress)

23. Kim Hee-ae (actress)

24. Hyun Bin (actor)

25. Cho Yong-pil (singer)

26. Lee Hyori (singer)

27. Cha Seung-won (actor)

28. Kang Ho-dong (MC)

29. Lee Kyung-kyu (actor/MC)

30. Lee Jung-jae (actor)

------

thanks and credited to mol at onehallyu.com

• Like 3

I just got a chance to watch 2nd 20's. JW is excellent portraying Ha No Ra. I wanted to cry with her and kick the husband and the son. She is completely different from You Se Yong te-pe-o in Temptation. What a great actress !! The only thing that I have to say for her HNR character is she doesn't have an ajumah figure at all no matter how much they dressed her up as one. She is a model in ajumah's clothings, a goddess in disguise .. hahaha !!

• Like 4

September 4, 2015

Choi Ji-woo’s character has dramatic makeover in ‘Second 20s’

89ccb07c7a90152902459eafab640098.jpg
(tvN)

Ha No-ra (played by Choi Ji-woo), the main character of tvN drama “Second 20s,” is going to make a transition in her college life, displaying more active attitude while adapting to a new environment in the upcoming episodes. 

Previously, Ha faced a lot of challenges as a fresher in college, making mistakes, wearing old-fashioned clothes and not being able to get along with other students.

In the third episode, however, Ha will change into a different person, the one more suited to campus life, trying out latest fashions and making more friends. 

While she seemed lonely eating lunch alone in the previous episode, she participates in a welcome party and drinks with other freshmen in the new installment, enjoying her life in college to the fullest. 

The third episode of “Second 20s” will air Friday at 8:30 p.m. on tvN. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 4

September 4, 2015

New behind cuts of Choi Ji Woo from 'Twenty Again' unleashed

Source: STARN News

New behind cuts of Choi Ji Woo from 'Twenty Again' have been unleashed.

On September 4th, the production team of tvN drama 'Twenty Again' released new behind cuts of Choi Ji Woo, who is playing as a lead role named Ha Nora.

The photos show Choi Ji Woo spending busy time at her university. The is wearing a hat in order to hide her face from her husband and son, and many fans and netizens are showing explosive reactions for Choi Ji Woo's fabulous look.

The first two episodes of 'Twenty Again' showed Ha Nora's husband notifying divorce, and Ha Nora getting admitted to the university that her husband teaches at. However, getting used to campus life became another big challenge for Ha Nora, and Choi Ji Woo is getting a great number of compliments for her fabulous performance.

This week's 'Twenty Again' is going to show Cha Hyun Seok (played by Lee Sang Yoon) getting suspicious about Ha Nora.

Meanwhile, 'Twenty Again' airs on every Friday and Saturday at 8:30 PM.

20150904105507_55e8f9fae21ef_1.jpg

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• Like 3

Guest gracie102_1

i'm watching twenty again, and i am really happy for our princess!!!! she's really doing a good job (as always) as NO RA!!! i hate her husband and her kid! the story is really getting more and more interesting! can't wait for episode 5! <3 

Edited by gracie102_1

September 11, 2015

'Twenty Again' Choi Ji-woo and Lee Sang-yoon carry out promise for fans

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo632186.jpg
Choi Ji-woo and Lee Sang-yoon carried out their promise for the drama fans of "Twenty Again".

On September 11th, Choi Ji-woo and Lee Sang-yoon held an event to carry out their promise on achieving the viewership rating goals. The event took place in Konkul University, Seoul where the drama shoots.

The two had promised at the press conference of "Twenty Again" that they would serve 300 cups of ice coffee if the viewership rating goes over 3%. On this day, they served 600 cups of coffee to the college students in the campus, visitors and staff members of the production team.

The first episode of "Twenty Again" recorded 3.8% according to the integrated viewership rating by Nielsen Korea based on paid platforms, nationwide cable TV, satellite, and IPTV. The drama has been renewing its own best viewership rating at each episode: the third episode with the average of 4.6% and the fourth episode with average 5%.

As the first episode had already achieved the 3% goal, Choi Ji-woo and Lee Sang-yoon could keep their promise for an ceremonial event on achieving the viewership rating this early. "Twenty Again" adjusted even the filming schedule to carry out the promise because Choi Ji-woo and Lee Sang-yoon wanted to have the event happen as soon as possible.

photo632188.jpg

photo632214.jpg

• Like 5