Jessica Sanchez

Guest Fabiola

Guest Fabiola

Jessica Sanchez dubbed American Idol 'winner' by Steven Tyler... but Phillip Phillips is hot on her heels with 'best performance ever'

By Iona Kirby

PUBLISHED: 05:53 GMT, 17 May 2012 | UPDATED: 07:40 GMT, 17 May 2012

She has been a consistently strong contender throughout American Idol, but tonight Jessica Sanchez received the highest form of praise.

As the final three contestants battled it out for a ticket to next week’s final, judge Steven Tyler told the hopeful he believes she will take home the crown.

Following her performance of Mariah Carey’s My All, chosen by the judging panel, Steven told the 16-year-old: ‘I think, in a way, you will be the last one standing.’

article-2145641-13217146000005DC-371_634x560.jpg

He also told the teen: ‘When you sing you make people hang on every note. I hope you get used to encores.’

The comments came at the perfect time, as when she got to pick her own song for the next performance, Jessica took a huge risk by performing Aerosmith’s I don’t want to miss a thing in front of the band’s frontman Steven.

Fortunately, the move paid off and Steven said: ‘You just took a great song and made it greater. Beautiful.’

article-2145641-13217058000005DC-10_634x544.jpg

Jessica Sanchez wore an Oliver Tolentino creation, a beautiful purple gown, when she sang the Mariah

Carey hit “My All.”

Jennifer Lopez chimed in, ‘You do not know what a big deal that is,’ and Randy Jackson added: ‘He’s never said that.’

But hot on her heels was Phillip Phillips, who shocked everyone with a show-stopping performance of Bob Seger’s We’ve Got Tonight that closed the show.

Randy told the hopeful: ‘That was the perfect song at the perfect time and your best performance on the show ever. This boy right here is in it to win it and he’s ready.’

article-2145641-13216F6B000005DC-484_306x369.jpgarticle-2145641-13216F70000005DC-286_306x369.jpg

Jessica made the bold move of singing an Aerosmith song in front of Steven Tyler, but the judge

approved

His fellow judges agreed, and Jennifer said it was like a ‘lullaby’ while Steven reinforced that he had ‘nailed it’, and all three awarded the 21-year-old with a standing ovation.

Jennifer added: ‘There’s about 20 million girls out there who wish you were singing that song to them.’

As usual, Joshua Ledet was consistently impressive in the judges’ eyes, with his first performance of Etta James track I’d Rather Go Blind receiving a standing ovation.

Steven told the aspiring star: ‘Out of 70,000, there's only one American Idol. And you sang like that one tonight.’

The trio of contestants performed songs chosen by mentor Jimmy Iovine for their last performances of the evening.

And Joshua’s final song No More Drama by Mary J. Blige, was fittingly dramatic as Joshua ripped off his jacket and pulled out his in-ear monitors.

article-2145641-1321710F000005DC-919_634x459.jpg

J-Lo said: ‘You have this perfect marriage of knowing exactly what you're doing and letting completely go at the same time.’

Prior to that Joshua had chosen to sing John Lennon’s Imagine, which he was equally praised for.

The judges picked Madcon’s Beggin’ for Phillip’s first song, which led to Steven saying: ‘You could be a new Springstein.’

The Southerner hadn’t fared so well with his own-choice song – Matchbox 20’s Disease – and Randy told him: ‘You can do those things in your sleep.’

article-2145641-13216F5B000005DC-508_634x566.jpg

Huge crowd: Jessica had the opportunity to perform for those who have supported her the most

But thankfully, Phillip quickly made up for the rare misfire with his Jimmy Iovine-chosen song at the end of the show.

And it wasn’t all smooth sailing for Jessica, who was simply told her rendition of Jackson 5’s I’ll be there was ‘good’, while Randy said: ‘I liked it OK, I didn’t love it.’

The semi-finals also saw each of the contestants head home, where they caught up with their families and also performed in their hometowns.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2145641/Jessica-Sanchez-dubbed-American-Idol-winner-Steven-Tyler--Phillip-Phillips-hot-heels-best-performance-ever.html

Guest Fabiola

American Idol: Jessica Sanchez Heads to the Final Showdown!

By Alexandra Gratereaux Published May 18, 2012

tumblr_m46wai7XTi1qg6csfo1_500.jpg

It’s Official! Jessica Sanchez is going to the final round of "American Idol."

Sanchez, 16, along with Phillip Phillips are the last two contestants standing. The results were announced Thursday night.

“After 90 million votes the first person in the finals is… Jessica Sanchez!” host Ryan Seacrest revealed.

The big news left Sanchez visibly stunned. Her family seemed overwhelmed with excitement as well.

Just minutes before learning she would be in the final round of the singing competition, Sanchez told Seacrest she was “nervous but excited,” even if she didn’t make it to the finals.

Interscope records Jimmy Iovine said he believed Sanchez could win the competiton but needs “an awe moment” to seal the deal next week.

“I just don’t think it came together,” Iovine said about Sanchez’s triple performances on Wednesday.

"The judges think it came together. She's have to have the most magical moment she's had so far.... To win this."

Iovine also said Sanchez’s voice is truly special because it resembles the King of Pop’s voice.

"Jessica Sanchez's voice reminds me of one of the best voices, Michael Jackson," Iovine said. “I think Jessica can sing in the Grammys,” he added.

Sadly, it was the end of the road for 19-year-old Joshua Ledet as he was eliminated from the show. But, Ledet said he was happy with everything he accomplished on “American Idol.”

"We are all winners at this point,” Ledet said.

Iovine predicted the Ledet did well but his performances Wednesday night weren’t his best.

"Joshua had a good night, [but] not the best,” Iovine said.

“Not amazing but pretty good," Iovine said about Ledet’s rendition of John Lennon’s “Imagine.”

"I just believe Joshua is the most exciting showman in the competition,” he added. “But, it wasn’t the best song for him."

Ledet said Iovine was inspiring to him and he was grateful for all the advice.

"I listen to everything Jimmy says because he's been doing this for so long,” Ledet said.

He then sang James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World,” and even brought his mother up on stage with him.

Other highlights of the evening included performances by Lisa Marie Presley of her latest single "You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet" and a funky performance by “American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/entertainment/2012/05/18/american-idol-jessica-sanchez-in-finals-joshua-ledet-eliminated/

Guest Fabiola

Jessica Sanchez shows off fashion flair; Phillip Phillips, not so much

32 m ago By Anne Bratskeir

"American Idol” finalists Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips had one more night to leave millions of viewers with a lasting impression – from a musical and visual standpoint. Sanchez worked the fashion angle to the max. Phillips, as has been is MO the whole season, did not.

article-2148519-133D6C2F000005DC-763_634x396.jpg

As Jennifer Lopez, encased in a one-shoulder sequin emblazoned dazzler and leggings, aptly put it when critiquing the contestants, “It’s the battle of the opposites.”

article-2148519-133D6A20000005DC-25_634x416.jpg

All three of Sanchez’ looks were high-styled. First up, for her stirring rendition of Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing,” (in Sanchez’ case you could change the lyrics to “I have clothing”) she donned a corseted, milk chocolate-colored confection that was frosted with a dark tulle overlay and featured a creamy underskirt which pooled at the bottom and needed to be carried when she walked. Very interesting, and pretty.

article-2148519-133D66D0000005DC-354_634x369.jpg

For her second song, she simplified matters in a pale pink chiffon goddess gown that read girlish and sweet, though she amped it up with a twisted metallic belt and necklace that featured a large crystal drop. And she ditched the sky-high stilettos she’s known to favor, for, as Ryan Seacrest pointed out, “No shoes.” She was barefoot.

article-2148519-133D67CB000005DC-982_634x331.jpg

She bowed to a more trendy look for her last act, a white jacket with asymmetrical lapels and black piping over a neon yellow top and slick leather leggings worn with platform boots.

As for Phillips, he was blue, and black and gray all over. In a way, an amazing show of confidence to open a show of this magnitude wearing a pale blue work shirt over a white T-shirt and jeans. From there it went to a black Henley over jeans, and finally a tonal black ensemble that included a clunky sports jacket. Phillips’ bow to the importance of the night may have been the fact that he cleaned up the neck beard a bit. And he certainly looked handsome enough to keep his legions of tween and teen fans enamored.

article-2148519-133D6A48000005DC-368_634x381.jpg

The judges did their things dawg: Steven Tyler wore a flamboyant mauve paisley swirl of a jacket that may have been velvet over a mauve shirt, and Randy Jackson glowed in a peachy sports coat with white piping and a red lapel flower over a dark shirt with plaid trim.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/american-idol-1.811965/jessica-sanchez-shows-off-fashion-flair-phillip-phillips-not-so-much-1.3735402

Guest Fabiola

Jessica Sanchez Is Runner Up On 'American Idol', Delivers Epic Performance With Jennifer Holiday

The Huffington Post | By Lee Hernandez

Posted: 05/24/2012 10:09 am Updated: 05/24/2012 10:17 am

On last night's "American Idol" finale, Idol finalist Jessica Sanchez performed a duet with singer Jennifer Holiday that was so good, it may very well be the best performance in 'Idol' history.

Singing the popular song, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," (which Holiday made famous when she debuted as Effie White in the 1981 Broadway musical "Dreamgirls"), 16-year-old Sanchez and 51-year-old Holiday had a full-on diva-off to the song, hitting all of the right notes and proving that when it comes to soul singers, age is nothing but a number.

o-JESSICA-SANCHEZ-570.jpg?4

But a few minutes after the epic duet, it was time to announce the winner of "American Idol" season 11. After 132 million votes were counted, Ryan Seacrest announced that this year's "American Idol" is... Phillip Phillips, leaving Sanchez, the half-Mexican, half-Filipino contestant, as the season 11 runner-up.

After watching Sanchez steal the show on "American Idol" week after week, and after last night's blow-out performance with Jennifer Holiday, many are questioning whether she was more deserving of the American Idol crown.

But we want to know what you think: Was Sanchez robbed? Or did Phillip Phillips deserve to be named this year's "American Idol?" Dish in the comments!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/jessica-sanchez-american-idol-jennifer-holiday_n_1541396.html

Guest Fabiola

slide_226996_986846_free.jpg

Casablanca Records co-owner and former Sony Records CEO Tommy Mottola will be working on Sanchez's first record.

This was revealed by Mottola's wife, Mexican singer/actress Thalia on her Twitter account.

"WOWgreat news! #TommyMottola just call me from #AmericanIdol & he is confirm to work in the first #JessicaSanchez CD!" Thalia tweeted.

Thalia, who has experienced huge fame and success in the Philippines in the 90s, had been a huge fan of Sanchez, whom she calls: "Mexicanita Filipina."

To be honest, I can't even judge if Phillip deserves it or not since i did not watch this season. But Jessica is an amazing singer based on all the youtube performances from her [: And even though shes runner up, i know there are probably people looking to sign her [:

p.s she looks older than 16 but so beautiful [:

Guest rintintintin

Whoah, I find this thread... thanks for making this @Fabiola! Honestly, I like her powerful voice when she sangs with Jennifer Holliday there. It's so fabulous number! :)

Even she didn't win, I'm pretty sure that they're many Jessica supporters until the end. :) Proud to be a Pinay! :D

Archived