Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest sudu1won

mumpson said: Hello, can somebody help me, please?
I know a guy, who met me and he wrote a blog post about this meeting.
There are few sentences about me and other stuff and I tried to translate them
via internet, but it's super confusing..
I don't like to post it public, because I don't want him to know that I translated it..
Could somebody help me? I would like to write the sentences with an email :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vanillastarlight

Hi. I have a very big favor to ask. My colleague's sister who is in South Korea was unfortunately involved in a recent car accident. They just found out when they were sent a youtube video of the accident. I am not sure whether or not they have someone who is giving them updates but she asked me if I can translate what is written on the news article. She asked helped from me because she knows I used to teach English to Korean students. Problem is, my students were all elementary students and not that fluent yet in English. Can somebody help me with this? Google translate is not very helpful at this point. My friend and her family wants to know the details of the accident. Thank you so so much! 
Here is the article: <앵커 멘트>

이렇게 온 가족이 함께하는 귀경길, 거듭 말씀드리지만, 안전이 최우선이겠죠.

그런데, 오늘 안타까운 교통사고가 연이어 있었습니다.

오늘 새벽 대구에서는 연쇄 추돌사고가 나 다섯 명이 숨지거나 다쳤는데, 고속도로에서 사고가 난 뒤 빨리 대피하지 못하는 바람에 피해가 커졌습니다.

먼저 정혜미 기자입니다. 

<리포트>

교통사고 뒤처리를 하는 순찰원이 손신호를 하는데도 이를 보지 못한 채 그대로 들이받습니다.

오늘 새벽 대구시 경부고속도로 상행선에서 일어난 사고 역시 이와 비슷한 유형의 2차 사고였습니다.

2차로에서 추돌사고를 당한 승용차에서 2명이 내리자 다른 차량이 이들을 덮쳤습니다.

후속차량 운전자 40살 정 씨가 사고 수습을 위해 다시 차에서 내리자 또다른 차량이 다시 이들을 덮쳤습니다.

모두 6대가 연쇄 추돌해 정씨가 숨지고 4명이 다쳤습니다.

<인터뷰>허억순(현장 목격자):"새벽 시간대에 불도 없고 어두운 1차선 도로에서 1차 사고가 나 있는데, 사람들이 빨리 피하지 못해서 뒤에서 오는 차들이 계속 연쇄적으로 추돌하면서..."

사고가 난 차량들은 형체를 알아보기 힘들정도로 앞부분이 완전히 부서졌습니다.

갓길에서 거리가 먼 1, 2차로에서 사고가 나자 신속히 피하지 못한 점이 사고를 키웠습니다.

<인터뷰>이민화(고속도로순찰대 제3지구대 부대장):"1,2 차로 가시다가 사고가 나시더라도 뒤에 오는 차량들을 예의주시하시면서 가드레일 바깥쪽으로 무조건 대피하시는 것이 제일 중요한 것입니다."

전문가들은 밤에는 어두운데다 과속하는 경우도 많아 낮보다 두 배 이상인 2백에서 3백 미터의 안전거리를 유지하라고 조언합니다.

KBS 뉴스 정혜미입니다.

http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsView.do?SEARCH_NEWS_CODE=2800369&&source=http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsView.do?SEARCH_NEWS_CODE=2800369&h=TAQG4Un4vAQHpIaL1VksckkD773cM_ywmBWPsi9ym_nwbrg&enc=AZPf80fv-YBO77a1cimAtpIS63ZrsFgt0Yj3UHRLLfpnR2rKMyzB-y2I8ztpoe6QJ2P1NaaGax-dUfqIfVtpxVb0&s=1

There is also a video:
http://news.kbs.co.kr/news/NewsView.do?SEARCH_NEWS_CODE=2800369
They want op know what was reported. even just a brief summary. 
Maybe this is too much to ask but any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated. Her sister is in critical condition and requires surgery. Unfortunately, they are not sure if they can go to Korea to see her sister. Thank you and God bless.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marrymehyori

So, at the end of this video:

(4:34 to 4:37) the lady has drawn a picture with some text next to it.  I can't for the life of me make out what she's written.

The first two character blocks don't even look valid, there's no vowel!  Although apparently there are obsolete character blocks that indeed do not include vowels, but two in a row and nothing else?  What's that mean?  And what's the first one anyways? ᄟ or ㅳ?  Something else?  I assume the second one is ᄓ? 

But even the rest of it, the first two character blocks of the next set aren't too clear to me.  It's the finals in the blocks that are hard for me to make out.  Could it be
"싶었어요"?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sudu1won

starhunter. said: How would I translate the following sentence into English?
영광인줄 알아요. 
Would it be "I know that it's an honor"? Or "I think it's an honor"?Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Guest CarlottaB

Can you please help me to translate this? >_<
"등업신청양식에 맞춰 다시 등업신청바랍니다.게시글 전체를 흰색으로 수정바랍니다."
 Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sudu1won

CarlottaB said: Can you please help me to translate this? >_<
"등업신청양식에 맞춰 다시 등업신청바랍니다.게시글 전체를 흰색으로 수정바랍니다."
 Thank you

Guest who8myoreos

starhunter. said: How would I translate the following sentence into English?
영광인줄 알아요. 
Would it be "I know that it's an honor"? Or "I think it's an honor"?Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mahominami

I need help. Does anyone know what this means, "oton konya geol hashi konji"...? And please correct the spelling 'cause I'm not sure if it's the right words. :) 

Archived