[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest truong.michelle

Does anyone know if the special got subbed at all, ie softsub? In darksmurf it says there was but when you download it, it's just the sub of episode 1, ie. an overlap. Thanks

dearest bambiina,

thanks for the compliment saying I'm a school girl...yeeaaahhhh....hahahaha....thank youuuuuu ...mwuuaahhh...

Oh no you do not belong in that category? :lol:

Neeway, when I think back about HS being a Eunuch, I feel kinda bad for him, HS to me is not afictional character, he is real so I feel bad whenever I think about him being a eunuch (he practically does not have "live". I read the wikipedia about Eunuch, it is a sad life.

i yem crazy

Guest umutoni

@Starlitet I've nothing against your opinion, but when i read your comments there is one thing that bothers me(i have a hard time really explaining it since english is not my first language) but you seem to imply that the reasons people tend to like this drama are futile (or pathos driven like you repeated numerous times) unlike you who criticize it for "logical" reasons.

In short people liked it for subjective reasons while you didn't for objective reasons.

It's probably not your intention but i find it a bit insulting.

Like you said we can't make general assumptions. But it goes both ways.

No one here can say why people liked/didn't like or watched TMTETS. We are all unique individuals!

So you were disappointed by TMTETS and think i didn't deserve these ratings. It's your honest feeling an no one can reproach you for that!

But please don't belittle other people reasons who don't agree with you.

And like somebody else said, let's agree to disagree blush.gif

I mean at the end of the day it's just a drama and not a matter of life and death.

I am happy that HS crossed his arm across his chest whenever Uri Chonnna, invite Woon into the bath, I hope the gesture is to show that he not 'real' Eunuch ^_^, Yea I am crazy. It is not important and I should not think about it.

^_^ I guess everyday I am with my Chonnnnna and HS, they are so close to me. I love both so much, so I guess I am a little sad to think HS is a slave (kekekekekeke.. my mind is working overtime and I am insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I like if there elaborate a little about HS and why he became an Eunuch? Normally Eunuch is a prisoner of war or family of traitor (something like that) or is there any other reason?

Below is from wikipedia.

Etymology and originsThe English word eunuch is from the Greek eune ("bed") and ekhein ("to keep"), effectively "bed keeper".

Eunuchs would probably be servants or slaves who, because of their function, had been castrated, usually in order to make them reliable servants of a royal court where physical access to the ruler could wield great influence. Seemingly lowly domestic functions—such as making the ruler's bed, bathing him, cutting his hair, carrying him in his litter, or even relaying messages—could in theory give a eunuch "the ruler's ear" and impart de facto power on the formally humble but trusted servant. Similar instances are reflected in the humble origins and etymology of many high offices (e.g., chancellor originally denoted a servant guarding the entrance to an official's study). Eunuchs supposedly did not generally have loyalties to the military, the aristocracy, nor to a family of their own (having neither offspring nor in-laws, at the very least), and were thus seen as more trustworthy and less interested in establishing a private 'dynasty'. Because their condition usually lowered their social status, they could also be easily replaced or killed without repercussion. In cultures that had both harems and eunuchs, eunuchs were sometimes used as harem servants (compare the female odalisque) or seraglio guards.[citation needed]

In Latin, the words eunuchus, spado, and castratus were used to denote eunuchs.

Humor me I have nothing better to do ---- my boss will kill meeeeeeeeeeeee... aargghhhhh,

Work Bambiina WORK

I spend 20 extra dollars for shipping because I need to see what kind of deleted scenes are on that DVD lol

Lol....hope its worth for ever penny that u hv spent...

@ bambiina,

Eunuch is a very sad professions ( it's a professions, right?)...they r not allow to get married, aren't they? And they should live in celibate, right? They only serve the royal family....

But they hv made HS in MoonSun makes me jealous since he must and always be with wuri jjeona all the time...hehehehehe....

Peipei - Yeah they lived a sad life :( . They are not allowed to get married, they cannot have a family (because castrated). They don't have anything. That the reason I am so sad whenever I see HS face ... to think that he will never have a family of his own.. sadddd.. Is it a profession? I think it is not, they were forced to be Eunuch. I don't think anyone with the right mind willing to sacrifice err their err blush.gif err-you-know-what.

But I always tell my self...

Bambiina, don't be crazy wake up, it's not real, he is not real, wake up you stupid fool

again sorry for my crappy English - I used to play a lot in my english class so my vocab my grammar OMG is everywhere blush.gif

Guest ninalife

hiiiiiiiiiiii i just have be seen this video but   i can't understand koreansweatingbullets.gif  so ................some kind soul please translate what they are saying and the part i'am really curious are the kids, jinku and yoo jung wub.gifpleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i hope that will be some specials pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetongue.gif

The video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kbUQtWeJhY

Guest pansy

@Starlitet I've nothing against your opinion, but when i read your comments there is one thing that bothers me(i have a hard time really explaining it since english is not my first language) but you seem to imply that the reasons people tend to like this drama are futile (or pathos driven like you repeated numerous times) unlike you who criticize it for "logical" reasons.

In short people liked it for subjective reasons while you didn't for objective reasons.

No one here can say why people liked/didn't like or watched TMTETS. We are all unique individuals!

So you were disappointed by TMTETS and think i didn't deserve these ratings. It's your honest feeling an no one can reproach you for that!

And like somebody else said, let's agree to disagree blush.gif

I mean at the end of the day it's just a drama and not a matter of life and death.

BRAVO !!!! *clap-clap*

@toho81 .. me too .. i wish they include the "supposed-to-be-reunion-kiss" in ep 17 :wub:

i have question again .... :D

when Bo Kyung meet the evil shaman ... also when young Hwon meet the SSK scholar ..

there's a thin curtain between them .. is it because they're commoners ?

they can not see the Royal Family faces ?

so let say, if Min Hwa wants to meet Queen YW ... should be separate with curtain also ?

coz she's commoner now, rite ? :)

Guest toho81

BRAVO !!!! *clap-clap*

@toho81 .. me too .. i wish they include the "supposed-to-be-reunion-kiss" in ep 17 :wub:

when Bo Kyung meet the evil shaman ... also when young Hwon meet the SSK scholar ..

so let say, if Min Hwa wants to meet Queen YW ... should be separate with curtain also ?

I think so, as long as it's a commoner they need a curtain. I need TMTETS back! I am a TVXQ fan, but I am somewhat disappointed having just watched Rooftop Prince. It made me eyes hurt and yearn for TMTETS to be back! It really can't compare to it.

BRAVO !!!! *clap-clap*

if i may butt in...just to add my observations too..

i think they place a curtain when the meeting is not supposed to be known or be kept a secret..i think that's the meaning of putting a curtain in between them..the wicked ministers also put a curtain when they met pi han dol before..

anyway, that's just my observation too..

Guest delilahrose

Hello dear chingus!! Still suffering from withdrawal symptoms and still constantly checking thus thread and KSH's thread!

I don't know about you guys but when I first heard 'My one and only' I was not totally into it (don't throw stones at me) but it's kept playing in my mind and now..TOTALLY into it! Haha...needed to tell someone but no one ard me has watched TMTETS..probably just me needing more of KSH hehe

Hello dear chingus!! Still suffering from withdrawal symptoms and still constantly checking thus thread and KSH's thread!

I don't know about you guys but when I first heard 'My one and only' I was not totally into it (don't throw stones at me) but it's kept playing in my mind and now..TOTALLY into it! Haha...needed to tell someone but no one ard me has watched TMTETS..probably just me needing more of KSH hehe

you are not alone dear :)

when I heard his song...i feel goosebumps.. myself keep saying " here he is....he is singing for YW !! ooh..dear...the piano intro...nice one..oh..my heart beating so fast... there his voice.!!! " I've been tearing up...my boy toy is so talented!! Not a perfect singer..but he really did his best and I really appreciate it...

Guest Starlitelet

And like somebody else said, let's agree to

Sorry if I have offended any other readers. Though I will not say sorry for what I have posted. I still stand by what I typed. I guess I'm just too straightforward, and I see that it's causing some angst for others. So I'll just leave y'all you in "harmony", since clearly this will be going nowhere/in circles.

OFF TOPIC

Yun Jung Hoon knows how to make Han Ga In smile

yun_jung_hoon_gives_flowers_to_han_ga_in.jpg

Actress Han Ga In‘s loving husband Yun Jung Hoon prepared flowers to root for his wife.

On the January 19th installment of cable channel Mnet’s ‘Wide Entertainment News’, a look into the VIP screening of movie ‘Architecture Theories’ was presented. The VIP screening of Han Ga In’s new movie ‘Architecture Theories’ took place on March 13th.

On the program, Yun Jung Hoon prepared a surprise event appearing on stage with flowers for his wife’s stage greetings. Han Ga In smiled shyly when she spotted her husband Yun Jung Hoon and people around the loving couple looked on with envy.

When Miss A member Suzy, who played the younger years of Han Ga In’s character was about to introduce herself, producer Park Jin Young of her management company came onto the stage with flowers. Park Jin Young made everyone laugh saying, “Suzy doesn’t have a husband yet so I, in his place..”

Netizen comments on the couple in love include: “To have a husband like that… She must have saved an entire country in her past life or something”, “Park Jin Young was witty too”, and “The male actors must have felt a little left out.”

‘Architecture Theories’ with Suzy, Lee Je Hoon, Han Ga In, and Uhm Tae Woong will premier on March 22nd.

Source: Donga via Nate

Today is the opening of HGI's movie in theaters. lets hope the movie also bring box-office ratings.

^ Wave to Starlitelet :sweatingbullets:

Let's meet again in some other thread when we are in the same wavelength. It would be fun to debate :lol:

Regarding the curtain, I have same tot with Pansy.

No wonder the commoners didn't recognize their own King and they have to bow when King visit them (on the palanquin). I wonder what the rush to see the King when you have to bow and can't even see the King? No point right?

OFF TOPIC

Yun Jung Hoon knows how to make Han Ga In smile

*quoted image*

Actress Han Ga In‘s loving husband Yun Jung Hoon prepared flowers to root for his wife.

On the January 19th installment of cable channel Mnet’s ‘Wide Entertainment News’, a look into the VIP screening of movie ‘Architecture Theories’ was presented. The VIP screening of Han Ga In’s new movie ‘Architecture Theories’ took place on March 13th.

On the program, Yun Jung Hoon prepared a surprise event appearing on stage with flowers for his wife’s stage greetings. Han Ga In smiled shyly when she spotted her husband Yun Jung Hoon and people around the loving couple looked on with envy.

When Miss A member Suzy, who played the younger years of Han Ga In’s character was about to introduce herself, producer Park Jin Young of her management company came onto the stage with flowers. Park Jin Young made everyone laugh saying, “Suzy doesn’t have a husband yet so I, in his place..”

Netizen comments on the couple in love include: “To have a husband like that… She must have saved an entire country in her past life or something”, “Park Jin Young was witty too”, and “The male actors must have felt a little left out.”

‘Architecture Theories’ with Suzy, Lee Je Hoon, Han Ga In, and Uhm Tae Woong will premier on March 22nd.

Source: Donga via Nate

Today is the opening of HGI's movie in theaters. lets hope the movie also bring box-office ratings.

I FOUND THE VID! Heheheheh! VIP Premier

Guest pansy

I think so, as long as it's a commoner they need a curtain. I need TMTETS back! I am a TVXQ fan, but I am somewhat disappointed having just watched Rooftop Prince. It made me eyes hurt and yearn for TMTETS to be back! It really can't compare to it.

awwww ... ok, thank you :)

i watch the King 2 hearts ... it's promising ... the King & Prince brother so funny

.. will try Rooftop Prince tonight ...