[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest kpop_kdrama_fan

Hwon starts to suspect the circumstances of Yeon Woo’s death and launches an investigation. He discovers that Yeon Woo’s grave has been touched, and her corpse is no longer in the coffin.

^ Ohhh  the investigation on YeonWoo's death begins!!!  And there's no corpse in the coffin!  I can imagine the king going through an emotional turmoil when he finds out about that (after so many years). can't wait for ep11!

He sees Yang Myung together with Wol, making him so angry that he summons Wol back to the Palace.

^ Can't wait for YM and Wol to meet again and talk. Wonder what YM knows at this point  Gaaahh.. Also looking forward to seeing the scene when the king finds out!  

Wednesday night come now! pali! :)

Guest shinhaku

I love how they make the parallel for things that happened when Hwon and Yeon Woo were young and now when they are older. It's like they are reliving their romantic interactions :D

alexus..are you the future shaman?? how come you read my mind? did you see my future?? like an old woman with her eyes wide open watching at the OTP!! :ph34r:

what can I say for episode 11..at least the empty coffin gives LH a clue that YW's body isn't there..where is she?

You're all welcome ^^

All i can think about is Hwon having a fit because he's too jealous and confronts Wol as she goes back to the palace then BOOM! a KISS will happen.heeeeeeee

i thot the same way too!! oh em geeh...that'll be awesome....hum..i mean ..an angry kiss, you know..it can be explosive, steamy and hot :wub:

There new clip of BTS btw Lee Hwon and Hyong Seon at MBC drama site.don't forget to watch.the both so cute.

Oh yeah! Just now watched it. They are really so cute. I really dont understand what they say, but I enjoyed it. Can someone please translate it? Thank you.

One of the comments on koala's blog stated: this is the written preview on naver blog which is different from the one released on MBC website. Can someone please translate which is on the MBC site please, thanks a lot. I tried google translation and it does not make any sense.

Here is the official preview on the mbc website:

강녕전으로 향하던 월의 팔을 낚아챈 양명 앞에, 서늘한 표정의 녹영이 나타난다. 더

이상 연을 쌓지 말라는 그녀의 말에 양명은 팽팽하게 맞서고, 강녕전으로 간 월은 훤

의 쉴 새 없는 질문공세에 그 동안 참아온 눈물을 보인다.

녹영은 잔실을 살벌하게 혼낸 뒤 성수청에서 그녀를 내쫓고, 월은 혼란스러운 상황

을 해결하고자 자신이 성수청을 떠나겠노라 고한다. 한편 훤은 연우의 마지막 서찰

에서 미심쩍은 부분을 발견하는데...

I might be the only one but I really dislike Hwon right now. While I have no complaint about Kim Soo Hyun's acting, I think Hwon acts like a big jerk right now.

I know you're going to defend him that he's confused etc., but it really doesn't justify the way the treats Wol. Yes, he has a right to treat a low shaman like that because he's a king, but as a human being to another human being... it's difficult for me to watch how he humiliates her.

Let's just say that Wol's really not YW. That she's just a girl who resembles YW. The way Hwon treats her like a trash that poor girl would be traumatized for the rest of her life just because she looks like somebody else. Is it fair? Well as a commoner, I'd be terrified and questioning king's sense of righteousness if I knew this.

Also, can you guys put a warning tag like PG-15 before you unleash your imagination about Hwon's intimate scenes. First, not everybody is thrilled about this, some of us just want to enjoy the show as the whole, and second I'm sure there are plenty underage readers, so be so kind and put a PG-15 warning tag, so the rest of us will know what your post is going to be about.

dramaok, thx very much...:lol:

really curiously about translated the novel...i try translated by google...but very confusion for me..

did you know the good way to translated korean to english???

did hwon-wol have children at the novel?( chapter 33)

Oh yeah!   Just now watched it.  They are really so cute.  I really dont understand what they say, but I enjoyed it.  Can someone please translate it?  Thank you.

One of the comments on koala's blog stated: this is the written preview on naver blog which is different from the one released on MBC website.  Can someone please translate which is on the MBC site please,  thanks a lot.  I tried google translation and it does not make any sense.

Here is the official preview on the mbc website:

강녕전으로 향하던 월의 팔을 낚아챈 양명 앞에, 서늘한 표정의 녹영이 나타난다. 더

이상 연을 쌓지 말라는 그녀의 말에 양명은 팽팽하게 맞서고, 강녕전으로 간 월은 훤

의 쉴 새 없는 질문공세에 그 동안 참아온 눈물을 보인다.

녹영은 잔실을 살벌하게 혼낸 뒤 성수청에서 그녀를 내쫓고, 월은 혼란스러운 상황

을 해결하고자 자신이 성수청을 떠나겠노라 고한다. 한편 훤은 연우의 마지막 서찰

에서 미심쩍은 부분을 발견하는데...

rough translation: (Sorry if it's not 100% accurate!)

As Yangmyung grabs Wol's arm as she was heading towards the King's palace, Nokyung appears before them with a cold expression on her face.

Nokyung warns Yangmyung not to entangle fates with Wol and Yangmyung (confronts?) Nokyung.

Meanwhile, Wol who has gone to the King's palace can no longer contain her tears and starts to cry as Hwon asks her countless questions.

Nokyung punishes Janshil and kicks her out of the palace. Wol who wants to fix the unfortunate situation decides to leave the palace. 

Meanwhile, Hwon discovers a suspicious/uncertain part from Yeonwoo's last letter.

HOPE IT HELPS! again, sorry if it's not completely accurate!

As Yangmyung grabs Wol's arm as she was heading towards the King's palace, Nokyung appears before them with a cold expression on her face.

Nokyung warns Yangmyung not to entangle fates with Wol and Yangmyung (confronts?) Nokyung.

Meanwhile, Wol who has gone to the King's palace can no longer contain her tears and starts to cry as Hwon asks her countless questions.

Nokyung punishes Janshil and kicks her out of the palace. Wol who wants to fix the unfortunate situation decides to leave the palace. 

Meanwhile, Hwon discovers a suspicious/uncertain part from Yeonwoo's last letter.

Thank you so much. This one is completely different from the previous one.

So, wol leaves the palace on her own and not kicked out by BK.

tho it's quite different from naver blog's written preview... but I guess there's 1 thing is the same that wol is going out from the palace. well...maybe afterward the King will try to find her then see YangMyung is there already and Hwoon gets angry and jealous..then command her to get back to the palace...YAY!! see...we still can get the jealous part...kekekek.... :w00t::wub:

forgive me.....that's just my imagination.. I'm just so helpless :sweatingbullets:

Every night the dog bark at the moon, the moon still shines.

I really really like this hahaha!!!

mic11..dear I am sure everyone at this thread have been enjoyed the drama soooo much ont only the story line but also the actors and actress

Prince YM's role is very complicated ..and important I think his father wants to keep him away from the grand mother as long as this woman still alive..otherwise she will get rid of him but it was very hard for YM to take it that way..he is heart broken as he loves his younger brother but he can't be with him..and his mother who is now out side the palace..

I guess YM will be by the King's side he will support the king as much as he can not because YW has been telling him but it is his pure heart to support the King and his country.. :wub:

I can't help but agree with you that the King wanted to keep YM away from the evil grandma. There was one episode where the king said he never asked YM is stay away from the palace but only to be more careful. It's so sad :(

I CAN'T WAIT FOR PREVIEW~~~~~

I wonder when the hairpin will reappear. Once Hwon finds out that the grave is empty he will start suspecting Wol hehehehe :wub:

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

So the mighty king Hwon will do his sleuthing again :w00t: . How untrustworthy the Palace is , as he never relied on his subjects. As much as he wanted to trust no one except Eunuch (slight on this part) and his Royal Guard Woon, (Oh not even his older brother for that matter) , it is more risky on his part as a King to wander outside the palace to investigate. This is Woon's worries too.

(I have question here though, there's a certain division in the palace, the Royal Inspectorate and it never appeared in any of the context in the drama, so i presumed this was intended to be removed from the drama's setting? )

Guest ginny_potter

I just hope that they don't drag out the amnesia part any longer since we're already halfway in the drama. I want the good guys to somehow get an idea already on who's behind everything and piece everything about what happened to YW before. The grandma's getting pretty comfortable on her high horse that it's already annoying as well.

ginny_potter,me too,thats why i mentioned for it to be fast paced.No need to take a step front then take two steps back,since its 20 episodes especially,there is no option for that.I trust the pdnim!!! :lol:

tganks for the previews!

"The Moon that Embraces the Sun's" Director of Photography Hints at Drama's Future?

As a result, many netizens began speculating that Lee Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun) might try to conjure Wol’s (Han Ga In) lost memory with a puppet show

OMG it could be possible....that her lost memory will return because of the puppet show.omg i find that more endearing...

Kim Yoo Jung, “They keep taking my pictures at the public bath house”

kim_yoo_jung_interview_120205.jpg

Child actress Kim Yoo Jung spoke about the downside of fame.

Kim Yoo Jung is loved tremendously for playing the childhood role of Yeon Woo in the MBC drama ‘The Moon That Embraces The Sun’. MBC ‘Section TV Relay’ has conducted an interview with the starlet on the 5th and she revealed she’s no longer able to go to the public bath house because people keep taking pictures of her.

Kim Yoo Jung stated, “I like going to the public bath house, but things have been quite awkward recently because people keep taking pictures of me when I’m there”.

On a lighter note, Kim Yoo Jung also spoke about acting in a romantic drama, “Acting a romance is difficult, but for the moment that I’m acting I do like Lee Hwon“.

She also revealed that her ideal man among the main male characters is Kim Soo Hyun and she sent a loving message to him.

Image: MBC ‘Section TV Relay’

Source: NewsEN via Nate

Lee Min Ho & Lim Si Wan of ‘The Moon..’ pose together

lee_min_ho_lim_si_wan_120206.jpg

Lee Min Ho reveals a proof shot taken with Lim Si Wan.

Lee Min Ho tweeted on the 6th, “With Si Wan hyung during the shoot for ‘High Cut’“, and he attached the photo above.

Lee Min Ho and Lim Si Wan look as friendly as they have in the drama ‘The Moon That Embraces The Sun’. The two heartthrobs look stunning fashioning colorful casual suits and the netizens seemed to be completely infatuated with t

OMG. I just started watching this drama over the weekend and I DIDN'T WANT THE 'CHILDHOOD' episode to end!!!! It was just so fun, exciting and sweet!!! Every episode feels like a flashback to my own childhood ~ :D And I am so in love with Lee Minho now~ Although I like Lee Hwon for Yeonwoo as well, I'm so biased over Yang Myeong ^.^ Can't wait to catch ep 6 tomorrow... Yeah... I'm so behind. Haha.