[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Oh another thing... I'm still quite confused about this whole why Hwon's father (the former King) covered things up? It's all for hwon's sake... what?? I'm confused. Is this part in the book?

The former King covered it up to protect his daughter, Princess Minhwa. So Hwon would never find out his sister "prayed for YW's death" and participated in the ceremony to kill YW with a spell.  (also so the court wouldn't find out because Minhwa would have been convicted of high-treason) 

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

17th episode:

Nationwide: 36,0%(-5,3%)

Seoul: 39,7% (-6,4%)

TNS Media Korea

17th episode:

SOON

SBS on 8:45PM airing live football match (2014 World Cup Qual.). Beacuse of this ratings falls down. (match have 21.1%, 23.2% in Seoul in AGB)

so nationwide they still get 36% despite the football match. Nice~ it means people still choose to watch MoonSun more over football ^_^

it still great... awww.... next week is the last episodes... I feel so sad... :(

No, you're right. (I'm watching the subbed episode right now) He didn't tell Hwon who Wol/YW was when he clearly knew for sure himself when she mentioned the "problem-solving rock". (I think he suspected but wasn't 100% sure until that moment with the rock) But I believe he wanted to reunite her with her family first. It's been very clear since they were young that Myung adores his brother and would never truly harm him. He might have moments of anger but I think it's because he thinks no one is protecting Wol/YW. Until he's positive she's protected and won't be harmed, he won't let go. 

I'm still most eager for Wol/YW to be reunited with her family! *quoted image*

Where are watching it with sub???? pls pls pls let me knoe so i can watch it too with subbed?

Guest Ln1010

Where are watching it with sub???? pls pls pls let me knoe so i can watch it too with subbed?

Episode 17 with Eng sub already available at VIKI site since a few hours ago...ive just done watched it awhile ago...

wow, this episode sooooooo good...hurry up running to there now..

http://www.viki.com/channels/2130-the-moon-that-conceals-the-sun/videos/63321

Guest floreceann

:w00t:ME TOO!! So ready to cry buckets when she and her mom meet again!!!!

Yeah me too is waiting for her to be reunited to her mom. What joy should her mother feel to know that her most loved daughter is alive after all.  Her mother deserve not to suffer. She is a good mother. I can still remember how she intentionally coached wrong things to YW the night before the selection. (That YW should slurp soundly her noodles, informed the King that she reads a lot). I think she just did it for the reason that she doesn't want YW to be alone forever if she don't get selected. Another mother-showing love scene was when she talked crying to her husband's graveyard that YW is not the girl (Wol) being  condemned and stoned by people. I'll quote YW's mother as far as I can remember, she said  "She couldn't be our YW right? She couldn't be suffering that way right? Please tell me your excellency that she is in your side right now.":tears:

There's another more when she was having a dream a bout YW also on her side, she asked if she is hurt or cold. YWs mother love her very very much.:tears:

There family should be the standard of what a true noble or royal blood should be.

Yoon and his clan including QD has a trash attitude. They deserve to have a class ATTITUDE101 where there teacher is Heo Yeo.:lol:

Guest Wanndii_JYJ

*quoted image*

Hwon was mesmerized. It's so scary how two people can have so much chemistry when they are just looking at each other.

*quoted image*

My most fave scene, it was so endearing..The fated lover finally seal the deal with a hug.They made a mark. A true love/soul mate/once-in-a-lifetime mark.

*quoted image*

Hwon has no shame when it comes to showing his affection to YW.. Hyun Soo is the most happiest when his puppy Hwon is happy.

That's is probably the most sweetest reunion i've ever seen in a TV series.  I am just so happy for the couple.The two deserve such happiness.

Guest babigurl

why is yangmyung so forceful???

yeonwoo rejected him many times, and he just doesn't know when to give up..

he wouldn't be that miserable if he would just accept her rejection.

ugh.

No, you're right. (I'm watching the subbed episode right now) He didn't tell Hwon who Wol/YW was when he clearly knew for sure himself when she mentioned the "problem-solving rock". (I think he suspected but wasn't 100% sure until that moment with the rock) But I believe he wanted to reunite her with her family first. It's been very clear since they were young that Myung adores his brother and would never truly harm him. He might have moments of anger but I think it's because he thinks no one is protecting Wol/YW. Until he's positive she's protected and won't be harmed, he won't let go. 

I'm still most eager for Wol/YW to be reunited with her family! *quoted image*

I believe YM had selfish thoughts and he admitted to YW that he would rather not know and let her remain as Shaman Wol. If Hwon had not known Wol is YW, YM would gladly keep it a secret and never reveal her real identity cos that's the only way he could be with her. I pity his one-sided love but I'm also disappointed that he chose to let her remain a criminal for something she didn't commit. She suffered so much for the past 8 years but YM is only concerned about keeping her away from Hwon and close to himself. Did he ever consider about her social status and what she really wants? From a noble family to a criminal and living in such conditions? I don't think he had intentions to reunite her with her family cos that would let the cat out of the bag. He needs to learn to let go of something that don't belong to him. He clearly knows how much YW and even Wol loved the king but he still hoped that she will choose him. I don't know whether to pity him or not but I'm really quite pissed with his selfish thoughts.

[spoiler: The Moon that Embraces the Sun] Hwon & Yeon Woo’s latest ‘skinship’ development

by chloejn

While miss A‘s Suzy is reflecting on her ‘Dream High‘ kiss with Kim Soo Hyun, and male fans are dying in jealousy over Kim Soo Hyun’s Suzy-IU double hug, Kim Soo Hyun has added one more thing for male fans to be jealous of for he has just had his first kiss scene with Han Ga In!

On the February 29th broadcast of MBC‘s fictional historical drama “The Moon that Embraces the Sun“, Yeon Woo (Han Ga In) and Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun) shared their first kiss in a secret room behind Hwon’s chambers.

After Hwon and Yeon Woo reunited, Yeon Woo was hidden in a secret room within Hwon’s chambers. Unable to focus with his long-lost love in the room directly behind his, Hwon asked Yeon Woo if she was tired of reading her book yet. She responded, “I’m reading Han Fei Tzu [in Korean Han Bi Ja]. I am not bored so please focus on your state affairs.”

Eventually, Hwon took his pile of work with him to the secret room. Yeon Woo was so enveloped in her book that she didn’t notice Hwon come in. Jealous that his presence seemed to be less interesting than a book, he asked,”Do I not even meet up to the Han Fei Tzu?… For the past 8 years, I didn’t allow a single side glance. You have no idea much of a toll, mentally and physically, it took to keep my love pure within the palace’s flower bed [of beautiful women].”

Yeon Woo asked, “Why do you need physical strength?”

Hwon answered, “How are you to understand the sleepless nights of a lustful man? Exercise is a must [to get through those nights].”

However, Yeon Woo replied, “Your majesty’s words that say that you never sneaked a side glance [at another woman] is a lie, is it not? You were shaken by the shaman Wol.”

Hwon was caught off guard as he responded, “I wasn’t shaken, though it is true that I was infatuated for a moment… But isn’t Wol, you?… So funny that you would be jealous of your own self.”

Yeon Woo covered her face with her book in embarrassment, but Hwon continued to gaze at her intently. He stated in a low voice, “But I think I, myself, am not normal for I have fallen for one girl two times,” as he leaned in for the kiss.

Later in the episode, Hwon reunited the two “moon embracing the sun” hair pins that he had planned to give Yeon Woo upon their marriage as he shared his original plans for their wedding day. Just as the two hair pins were reunited, he remarked, “the two becomes one,” and Hwon and Yeon shared their second kiss.

Source: Newsen via Nate

Credit: allkpop

Guest victoriamai

Today's episode was seriously daebak beyond words.. I feel so satisfied it's amazing. The thing with this drama is, it's so good but every episode ends with some major major cliff hanger and you feel so... empty? But today's episode ended at a perfect spot for me and I've never been happier with the way they ended an episode. We got so much lovey dovey-ness I don't think I will be able to function if the next 3 doesn't have the same amount! I mean they've denied us so much skinship until today so they better pay up with the remaining three! ;)

But even with all the cute Hwon and Yeon Woo scenes, this by far was my favorite ^^ :

When Hwon is walking and remembers Yeon Woo saying why is he so uneasy when her heart already belongs to him.. he starts smiling and senses something... he turns... and he sees......

1z2mut5.jpg

HS smiles for a second... looks away... and then....

2rqhnjb.jpg

OH MAN! SO DAEBAK! When I live streamed this morning I had to bite my tongue to contain my laughter so I wouldn't wake anyone else in the house up xD

Hwon and Yeon Woo's love is wonderful; but I don't think any love is stronger than the love that HS has for Hwon, vice versa :wub.gif

Guest Wanndii_JYJ

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

17th episode:

Nationwide: 36,0%(-5,3%)

Seoul: 39,7% (-6,4%)

TNS Media Korea

17th episode:

SOON

SBS on 8:45PM airing live football match (2014 World Cup Qual.). Beacuse of this ratings falls down. (match have 21.1%, 23.2% in Seoul in AGB)

36 is still good though. I bet today it will rise to the roof , 46 % for nationwide, 49.4 for seoul. :wub:

Guest JKSbyul

hello everyone!! any link for the english trans of the book pls?? i've read the one from belectricground.com but its only up to chapter6 ... and also the site to watch the drama later, realtime in korea coz i want to contribute to the ratings if possible ^__^ thanks much!!

hello everyone!! any link for the english trans of the book pls?? i've read the one from belectricground.com but its only up to chapter6 ... and also the site to watch the drama later, realtime in korea coz i want to contribute to the ratings if possible ^__^ thanks much!!

All the links for english trans. for rest of the chapters are in page no.243 post no.4854 by EJA.

Guest songssiissii

does anyone know where i can get the english subs for episode 17? i don't wanna watch it on vikii because the comments on the top of the video are so annoying

Guest kithyhoo

does anyone know where i can get the english subs for episode 17? i don't wanna watch it on vikii because the comments on the top of the video are so annoying

you can remove the comments on viki

Guest Wanndii_JYJ

:wub: i captured this from ep. 17

Princess Yeon Woo soooo pretty !!!

no wonder Hwon is so awestruck by her beauty  :wub:

*quoted image*

She's sure is pretty. No wonder I am a fan of her