mbc5o.jpg

mbc4.jpg

mbc3.jpg

mbc2.jpg

mbc1w.jpg

mbcq.jpg

leejon.jpg

Lee Jun Ki confessed he was a big fan of 

The Moon Embracing the Sun [ 해를 품은 달 ]Lee was released from his military services on February 16, and in an exclusive interview with tvN’s enews that day, he said that he was “thirsty for acting.To a question on which drama he enjoyed in the military or which roles he would’ve liked to act in, Lee answered, “Because I like traditional dramas, I was a fan of the recent The Sun and the Moon, and I really wanted [a role].” When the reporter continued to ask whether he wanted to act as Kim Soo Hyun’s King of Joseon, Hwon, he said, “I like dynamic characters, so I want to act out a character that has more action rather than a calm king.” 

'ello fellow MoonSun-ers! ^^

It's been a long time since I've been back to Soompi, lol!

I've been a lurker ever since the drama started! I wasn't supposed to start this drama until all eppies were out, 'cause I vowed meself to never start on a broadcasting drama after Autumne Concerto, 'cause it absolutely drives me UP the wall with the waiting and all. And ESPECIALLY this drama, my goodness, the PD and writer seems to LOVE leaving me at such EVIL cliff-hangers that I dunno if I wanna LOATH them by boycotting or LOVE them by waiting patiently. On the other hand, I haven't been reading from page to page in Soompi threads ever since Queen Seon Duk (which is my ABSOLUTE favourite drama! HIGHLY recommended!~) and that proves how much I L-O-V-E this drama, despite the evil cliffies! And after eppie 14, I MUST post! DAEBAK!! This whole eppie was really a "roller coaster" ride, as a fellow soompi-er said. I felt chills and tears of sadness and happiness and anger varying throughout the whole hour, there wasn't a moment where my emotions were at rest.

I really envy HGI! >.< Seriously, the first drama I watched of hers was Witch Yoo Hee, and it was because of Jae Hee, whom I suddenly got interested in. Then the next drama, Bad Guy, was with Kim Nam Gil (Bidam from QSD) that I got obsessed with. Now KSH (my newest obsession since Dream High) that HGI is paired up with. I must be honest, in the beginning, I was kinda iffy about HGI being casted in this drama, not because of her age, I could care less since she has such a baby face. It's her acting that has never WOW-ed me, but I was willing to give her a chance since she has room for improvement and it seems like I've been following her (or rather she's been following my obsessions ROFL) wherever she was casted for dramas. But I must say, I think she does a pretty decent job with the scenes that she has by herself, but some scenes with her interacting with other characters, I kinda cringed a bit, especially a couple of scenes with KSH that I don't find her connecting with him at all. Or maybe it's 'cause his acting is THAT awesome, it kinda shadowed over her acting. I find the interactions between LH and BK way more intense than the scenes with LH and Wol/YW. But the last scene with YW regaining her memory was DAEBAK! It gave me chills and teared up! -pats HGI for her improving acting- Now with her changed attitude and finally regaining her identity, I'm really anticipating YW's next scenes, especially with KSH-wonder if there'll be more "chemistry" between them now that her emotions are back in full powere.

I think I'm pretty happy with the casting, awed at the symbolism and this last eppie was absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the drama to unravel! Anticipates QD's reaction when she realizes who exactly she put into YW's room! Eat that! Man, the QD and BK needs to see YW's face, realize who they are actually dealing with, hehe. Now that one piece is in place, YW's memories, we just need the other pieces to fall right back to their rightful places. Now, six more days til next eppie... -sigh-

Plus, I love reading everyones opinions regarding the drama, pretty interesting points you guys pointed out. And thanks for all the vids/links/pics/news being shared!~ <3 Keep it up!~

~*~

:) heloo, where can i find DL link for full complete version of

The Moon that Embraces the Sun OST album, that released on February 15th, 2012..

anyone help ?

thanks in advance :wub:

Here you go: [Mediafire]

Aside from that, since I'm feeling pretty hyped up and happy about this drama atm, gonna share some links.

These are Chinese-subbed direct download links on a site call 115. It downloads pretty fast for me, but I guess it depends on your connection. Enjoy!

Episode 1: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 2: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 3: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 4: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 5: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 6: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 7: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 8: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 9: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 10: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 11: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 12: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 13: [Torrent] [115]

Episode 14: [Torrent]

For those who don't understand Chinese, you can click the white box with the words 电信下载 or click the arrow beside it to get another option 联通下载. If you don't understand don't hesitate to ask!~

TMTETS FWAITING!!~~

Actually, I doubt she'll tell Hwon right away. Having remembered NK from her past memories, she'll most liKely confront NK about it and then get the whole story out from her. NK will probably warn her against doing anything rash for her own safety and everyone else's. :)

yess...that's exactly what i thot.... and that means another dragging for Hwon and Wol to meet and reunion.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest julia17

The Moon Embracing The Sun producer denies rumors of a four-episode extension

MBC‘s hit drama,’The Moon Embracing The Sun ‘, has denied rumors about a four-episode extension.

On February 16th, producer Kim Do Hoon stated, “It’s true that there are always talks about extending ‘Moon-Sun’, but no official decisions been made yet.”

As for the specific rumors about a four-episode extension, he stated, “We haven’t even made a decision about an extension yet, so I don’t know where the concrete number of ‘four episodes’ came from. This is the first time that I am hearing about this. It would be plausible if it was a two-episode extension, maybe, but a four-episode extension would elongate the story, so the matter would have to be considered carefully.”

During February 15th’s episode of ‘Moon-Sun’, actress Han Ga In‘s torture scene drew much attention from the public, recording the show’s highest viewers’ rating yet with 38.4%. When asked about this scene, the producer explained, “Han Ga In worked very hard to shoot the torture and prison scenes amidst the cold weather. She caught a cold that day and struggled for a day, but is healthy now.”

He added, “From what I know, all the actors and actresses caught a cold at least once in the beginning. Currently, there are no worries regarding their health.”

Source: Sports Seoul via Naver 

Via: ALLKPOP

Actually, I doubt she'll tell Hwon right away.  Having remembered NK from her past memories, she'll most liKely confront NK about it and then get the whole story out from her.  NK will probably warn her against doing anything rash for her own safety and everyone else's.  :)

No, Nokyoung will never tell her what she'd have to do after she remembers... Nokyoung already said in the jail that above anything else YW is a strong person and she'll just have to trust herself. Nokyoung knows Yeonwoo will do what she has to do in her own way.

"The Sun and The Moon" Han Ga-in's memory unsealed

MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" unsealed Han Ga-in's memory at last.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on the 17th, "The Sun and the Moon" aired on the 16th rated 37.6%. This is slightly lower than the percentage of 38.4%.

However, the fun in the story gets better and it should soon reach 40%.

On this days episode, Han Ga-in remembered everything about being Yeon-woo as the total eclipse of the sun happened. The viewers said, "It was a miraculous 5 minutes", "Her memory unsealed at last" and more.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Wild Romance" rated 5.0% and SBS "Take Care of Us, Captain" rated 6.5%.

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/the-sun-and-the-moon-han-ga-in-s-memory-unsealed-38839.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter ( Korean )

Credit: HanCinema

The Moon that Embraces the Sun Ratings Suffer First Drop

The Yeon Woo who is playing by Han Ga In finally recovers her memory, but the development of the plot did not make the viewership ratings to exceed 40%.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research agency, the episode 14 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun broadcast on February 16th, 2012 is 37.6%.

The rating drops slightly by 0.8% from the 38.4% achieved a day ago. There is high expectation for The Moon that Embraces the Sun to break its highest ratings record to above 40%, but ultimately the ratings suffered a drop for the first time since the series started its run from January 4th, 2012.

During the day’s broadcast, Wol regains her past memories.

On the other hand, two other dramas broadcast at the same time, SBS’s Take Care of Us, Captain gets the ratings of 6.5% while KBS2TV’s Wild Romance gets the ratings of 5.0%.

Credit: asian-drama

Han Ga In Regains Memory – Solid Acting Praised

In The Moon Embracing the Sun episode 14 broadcast on February 16th, 2012, Yeon Woo (Han Ga In) recovers all her past memory, and the solid acting by Han Ga In has been critically acclaimed.

With the help of Lee Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun), Wol (Han Ga In)’s life is saved, but she is expelled to infirmary care house after been engraved with a word of “sin,” where she is been vilified by others. Queen Dowager Yoon (Kim Young Ae) orders Wol to go to the Hidden Moon Court where Yeon Woo was staying before her death, so that she can appease the soul of the deceased person, as she feels ominous about hearing the sobbing of Yeon Woo. Wol is locked at the Hidden Moon Court alone. She suddenly saw a spirit that looks exactly like herself, and immediately awakened from a dream.

At this point, the total solar eclipse is gradually began. The drumbeat from sacrificial ritual held at the Geunjeongjeon is making Wol painful, and the drumbeat also remove the seal of the Yeon Woo’s memory. The memories of her with young crown prince Lee Hwon, father who fed her medicine, mother who cried for her death, shaman Jang and Seol who broke open the coffin to save her, and others, emerge one after another in her mind. Yeon Woo who regained her memory momentarily couldn’t accept the impact and cries. The next day, Yeon Woo tells the astronomer who came to check on her life or death with words of significant meaning, “The girl will not cry.”

After the broadcast, audience said, “The captivating expression in the eyes of Han Ga In is great,” “The last 10 minutes that make my hair raising,” “The crying scene of Han Ga In is shocking,” and so on.

With the recovery of memory by Yeon Woo, the ins and outs of the case for crown princess will be revealed, as such how will the drama develops in future have many viewers looking forward to.

via TVDaily

Credit: asian-drama

Hi there. It’s Mr azuwaza163. I’m taking over. Wife is back on her crazy mode (as if she ever came out). After yesterday’s EPIC episode. House was flooded with tears. She cried a river. And it is supposed to be a happy ep eh? You know all the tangled strings are beginning to loosen one by one. Should we all rejoice that the brain is finally working again? Why you need to cry? I was like “Yes! She’s back! He’s smart!” and she was like “Waaa…so sad! It’s so turtle egg heartbreaking”. Haish~~Can’t never understand women. Just loving them is enough.

Me - Are you ok?

Wife - Not yet. 5 mins.

Me - Ok. Take your time.

Wife - Aaaa.. What the heck! It’s so turtle egg heartbreaking! Aaaa!! Now I can’t stop crying. Argh! 

Me – Hey hey. It’s good that the she finally remembers right ? Brain is now functioning at a normal level! Yeehaa!

Wife – It’s just so sad! Sometimes truth that is kept hidden saves you from falling apart. Did you see the way she figured it out?? Waaa! She was so alone and so scared. It’s like she was so close to losing her mind. Aaa!! Poor girl!

Me – But she didn’t right ? It must’ve been hard not to mention crazy to finally remember again. But she’s a smart and strong girl. You see at the ending how she pulled herself together? She seemed so determined to fight back. And crap she overcame the heart-wrenching  only in few hours. That is super fast recovery.  I can’t wait to see her kicking some a**.

Wife – After all that, the PDs and writers owe me a lot of kisses!! A LOT!!!! She deserved to be loved!

Me – Hahaha. You will get your fair share of kisses. Trust me. If they can make king hugs the hateful queen 3-4 times, they surely can make him hugs the girl 10 times more. 8 painful years apart. Deeply in love. Forced separation. Heh. You do the math.

Wife – Now that she finally remembers, I guess we can say king’s brother is out of the love picture? But I’m worried about the queen. Looks like king starting to have a soft spot for her. Yeesh! Why la she cut herself? Threatening him is not enough? Now she needs to use her blood to draw him closer? Cheap! Turtle egg cheap!

Me – I don’t think she purposely cut herself. More like an accident and king happened to know. You have to take into consideration of king’s feelings. He’s a genuine guy. A little bragger but very nice fella. Very good heart. I’d say the last thing he wanted to do is to cause harm to people. The fact that queen is dragged along into her dad’s evil plan is under his radar. Queen is pitiful. And he felt sorry for her. Thus the hug. If he ever consummate the marriage is out of pity coz no woman should be treated as such. Too bad she has greedy father who could care less about his daughter happiness. And I believe king’s heart does not waver. Guy is helplessly in love. Just wait until he knows the dead girlfriend is alive. Heh.

Wife – Erm. I know. I hope when the truth finally came out, king will let her go to lead her life and find her own happiness. Aaaa! This is all evil Yoon & Botox Grandmama’s faults! They both deserved to be hanged! Kill! Kill! Die! Die!

Me – Haha. Insane. It’s going to get interesting from now. King is a smart a** and girl has tricky-brilliant mind. If you couldn’t wait for the romance to happen, me, I’m really looking forward to a kicking-a** political battle. I hope to see a development in plan and strategies to bring the evils down.

Wife – And and, if they team up with Woon & Yeom! Aaa.. Please please I hope the brother will join the gang. It will an awesome F4 again! And are we forgiving the princess? She’s cute. I can’t just hate her.

Me – I don’t hate her too. In fact, I find her very refreshing. She lives devotedly as a wife who really loves her husband and as a daughter-in-law who cares for her mother-in-law. Baby princess will come forward to fight for the girl. Maybe the timing is not right yet for her to do so. Haish. There are so many ‘too bad’ characters in this story all thanks to Botox Grandmama & Evil Yoon. Ultimately, these two are the real culprits.

Wife – So what do you think is going to happen next ? How is she going to tell king that she is YeonWoo? You think she will tell him herself ?

Me – I dunno darling. Ask the writer. Haha.

Wife – Eee. No point talking to you. No imagination!

Me – What? If I tell you my predictions, if it went totally south, you will kill me. Or worst, boycott me. I still need you to cook. So I might just as well wait and see. I’d rather be your sand bag to punch.

Wife – Fine. But you stuck with me for until this is over. 6 plus maybe another 4 eps.

Me – Sadly. I’m stuck with you forever. Dear God. Please have mercy.

Wife – Ya!!!!

Foot note : For people who are very hard to please, hehehe, there’s nothing we can do. But for an average guy like me, I think HGI nailed it last night. I actually clapped. The OMG-I-am-Yeon-Woo-this-is-so-crazy-I-might-lose-my-mind crying was awesome. Nice piece that one! Have fun and have a good weekend ahead. Don’t forget to study, finish your work and cook for your husband. I’m off.

Guest lavishuntoher

Anyone have any guessing on why only Queen Dowager and BK heard the crying sounds? I think is either Ari or the master astrologis?

My guess is that they are the only ones hearing the crying sounds cos they have a guilty conscience. That's probably why their servants couldn't hear it. But then again, some servants said crying sounds could be heard from the hidden moon room.. Perhaps they didn't actually hear themselves but just due to rumors?

Btw, I'm also wondering if anyone can enlighten me about some questions I have.

1) What part did the princess play in the curse? Why did her grandmother say the princess will be able to get what she wants after the spell is done? What does it have to do with her being able to be with YW's brother?

2) After the shaman's conversation with YW's dad, what kind of medicine did he actually give YW? How did it contribute to young YW's fake death? And he doesn't know about her fake death right?

I've been wondering for ages.. Thanks!!

My guess is that they are the only ones hearing the crying sounds cos they have a guilty conscience. That's probably why their servants couldn't hear it. But then again, some servants said crying sounds could be heard from the hidden moon room.. Perhaps they didn't actually hear themselves but just due to rumors?

Btw, I'm also wondering if anyone can enlighten me about some questions I have.

1) What part did the princess play in the curse? Why did her grandmother say the princess will be able to get what she wants after the spell is done? What does it have to do with her being able to be with YW's brother?

2) After the shaman's conversation with YW's dad, what kind of medicine did he actually give YW? How did it contribute to young YW's fake death? And he doesn't know about her fake death right?

I've been wondering for ages.. Thanks!!

I'll try answering these questions but anyone feel free to correct me~

1. The princess brought the items needed in order for the curse to proceed (this is what I got from watching). I think the princess was jealous that she was able to have a happy love story with hwon (her brother) and that she couldn't be with yeom (yeon woo's brother) thus she wanted to "punish" yeon woo some how and thus contributed to her death.

2. I'm not sure, but I think the dad knew that the medicine was poison that was going to kill his own daughter. The medicine actually made her "unconcious" for a limited time, but  the family doesn't know so everyone thought she died. The dad didn't know that the medicine wouldn't completely kill her.

Guest kdramaddiction

I just want to speak up my thought..Actually, I have read in many blogs that people kinda disappointed with the story, where Hwon doesn’t step up or go further a ‘real relationship’ with Wol (not YW).. Like he wanted to help her so badly without actually having any strong reason (like affair or etc with Wol).. but, from my point of view, I like it like this.. Where Hwon cannot adjust his feeling is it love or he just see YW in Wol.. And that Hwon is still deeply in love with YW and feel guilty to YW if he however fall for Wol.. And how actually he loves Wol because eventhough he may convince himself it isn’t because he see YW in Wol, but it is a yes that he actually loves Wol because the girl reminds him with Yeon Woo.. Call me freak, but I do love how Hwon is so faithful to Yeon Woo.. May be as a girl, I’m a little bit selfish, but don’t you all want a man who love you so much and faithful to you no matter what happen?

Guest lavishuntoher

I'll try answering these questions but anyone feel free to correct me~

1. The princess brought the items needed in order for the curse to proceed (this is what I got from watching). I think the princess was jealous that she was able to have a happy love story with hwon (her brother) and that she couldn't be with yeom (yeon woo's brother) thus she wanted to "punish" yeon woo some how and thus contributed to her death.

2. I'm not sure, but I think the dad knew that the medicine was poison that was going to kill his own daughter. The medicine actually made her "unconcious" for a limited time, but  the family doesn't know so everyone thought she died. The dad didn't know that the medicine wouldn't completely kill her.

Thanks for helping to answer those questions! I decided to go back to the ep5 recaps and kinda got a clearer picture.

But i'm still slightly confused about the grandmother's words to the princess. My current guess is if YW is married to the king, then it'll make it harder for the princess to marry Yeom cos that makes them sort of related? So that's why if YW is not in the picture, the princess can then be with Yeom?

Also, reading the recaps also kinda made me understand why the father gave her the medicine. I think all he wanted to do was to end his daughter's sufferings according to how the shaman told him to.

Guest lesleylim

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!

im flipping out!!!

does anyone know who was actually crying??? before wol regained her memories?

Well,I trying to figure that out too..I guess it's must be Ari since YW/Wol is still alive.BK and Dowager is the only people who heard the cries. : They keep thinking it's YW who stayed in the Moon building before...I remember Ari cursed Yoon before she die..maybe Ari try to protect YW/Wol..

Right, now that Yeon Woo has regained her memory, everyone is looking forward to the OTP's reunion. My guess is that it will not happen so soon. To protect Hwon and her family, our girl is going to pretend, as in the novel, that she's not Yeon Woo. Question is: how is she going to reveal the truth? Is the writer going to leave it to Hwon to seek the truth or is Wol going to take a more active role in discovering the truth? I sure hope it's the latter cos I would hate to see YW reverting to the old Wol who is so passive and uninteresting. I wish to see YW coming back with lots of kick-richard simmons action, with her witty comebacks, as she was as a girl!!:wub: With the 4 episode extension, I want to see more action, more depth and more memorable moments like those we saw in the first 6 episodes :D

after yesterday ending scene, ive wished wed is not too far...

YW/Wol is smart. Unfortunately for Minister Yoon Wol knows his plan to bring the king down when they spoke about her lying... Her smart and righteous self will help both brothers...this makes me think long back someone translated that the sun is between two moon...perhaps we are wrong to think that the sun is the king when in actual fact its YW who is the sun who is between 2 moons (H & YM)...

Ari said before she died that the moon will see what Yoon do and later will be the one to end his life...perhaps smart YW will find a way to protect both king & Prince and save all their lives...

I feel sorry for the king..people think he is a weak character but it takes courage to sacrifice the one you love in order to protect them...he refused YM to have W not bcoz he wants to keep W for himself but to prevent Minister in using this to kill both YM & W later on the way they killed the prince before...

i love love love love TMETS..and look forward to next weeks episodes...this is one drama i have to buy their dvd to add to my collections and show support to all their hardwork....

thanks everyone for all the goodies and keeping me entertained with your posts...

I just finished ep14 last night. OMG!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Like most of MoonSunners here, I enjoyed so much this episode...

finally, Yeon Woo regain her memories ^^

my expression at the last scene was like, "IT'S PAYBACK TIME! THE REAL QUEEN IS BACK!" hahahaha :lol:

395683_253893791355006_210950602315992_560453_1794239139_n.jpg

cr:The Moon Embracing the Sun [ 해를 품은 달 ] fb page

my favorite scene would be the time when Hwon visit Wol in prison.

they want to protect each other and end up their heart broke to pieces... I cried so much watching this scene... :tears:

when he walk out from the prison and when he cried, I cried too... it's so touching... he felt so helpless... just like when Yeonwoo was kick out from the palace.

the awesome performance from Han Gain at the last scene... GAHHHH!!!!! I want to scream!!!! she has been one of my fave actress since Witch Yoohee though her acting was sometimes bland but she's definitely prove that she's one good actress with her "YeonWoo's regaining memories" scene last night. Her pain when she cried and scream having being lost for 8 years all this while... it really strikes me. OMG!!!! I just cant wait to see the ep15 now. since the real queen is back now ^_^

and at the scene when Wol dream of meeting little Yeon Woo, it does kinda give me a chill :lol:

the scene was indeed kinda like giving me goosebumps ><

Guest old soul

After reading the recaps from Dramabeans, I have to say my favorite part in episode 14 is when Nok-young visits Wol in her cell and takes a moment to give her a respectful bow. Then Nok-young starts to speak to her in a formal way and refers to her as "Lady". This scene was so touching because it is the very first time that Nok-young acknowledges Wol's past, and in so doing, acknowledges her as Yeon Woo (THE Crown Princess).

For eight long years it was Nok-young who helped repress those memories and prevented Wol from figuring out who she really was in order to keep her alive. It was pretty hard for Wol to regain her memories when the only person who is the sole parental figure and savior in her life insists that whatever fragments of memories she has were just part of her visions as a shaman. With Nok-young's resolve to figuratively and literally let go of Wol, Nok-young is allowing Wol to remember her past and to face whatever this may bring about. Her job as a parent to Wol has come full circle. As a parent, one can only protect one's child up to a certain point. A parent cannot protect their child forever. That child will eventually have to face their battles on their own. In the past Nok-young may have been mother to Wol, but from this point on and in the future Nok-young will only have one purpose, and that will be to return things in their proper place in order to serve and protect the rightful queen---Yeon Woo.

It is this acknowledgement of Yeon Woo from Nok-young which gives Wol the courage to confront what her subconscious has been hinting to her in bits and pieces: her memories are not visions of a shaman, instead, they are memories of her childhood. Whatever pain that will arise from regaining those memories, such as the early death of her father (whom I suspect wallowed in guilt and in grief over the untimely death of his daughter), Yeon Woo will have to embrace and relive all that anguish again. It would be like waking up from a bad dream and coming to a point of realization.....for eight long years Wol was Yeon Woo, and today Yeon Woo is Wol.

Our heroine is back, and not a moment too soon!!