[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Minwah did not take part in the ritual she was brought there by the evil grandma to be the scrape goat, in ep 12 evil Yoon tell evil Grandma that King Hwon suspicious what had happened to the crown princess death. Evil grandma tell evil Yoon very confidently saying that even Hwon's find out the truth he could not do anything but to bury the case privately.

She thought Hwon will not punish his own sister and herself the grandma if the truth is revealed, that is the purpose she brought Minwah along for the ritual (my 2 cents)

Guest aloakley

about princess minhwa, i know those who dislike her will probably keep disliking her but i cannot, she's a drama version of so many vulnerable people i work with.

what her grandmother did to her constitutes as emotional abuse. she was only a little child at the time.

children can sense evil right away, they do not need to be told. QD does not need to say even one threatening word to her, just that monologue after the ritual will be enough to shut her up for a long time until something major triggers her into action.

from experience i know children who are threatened/abused will keep it locked up for a long time even into adulthood because of fear and other reasons and will keep that fear repressed by masking it with a different behaviour hence why Minhwa is still stuck with that overly cheerful child mentality and cannot develop properly. acting like that helps her cope with the trauma from the experience, i still remember her trembling in terror under the sheets on Hwon's wedding day

it was quite obvious in today's episode that the she's still frightened of the QD who probably still uses the event as leverage to threaten her: "tell anyone and i'll take away everything and everyone you love"

I think Yeom being as wise as he is will probably realise this hence the reason why he might forgive her

on the other hand if she had revealed what she saw, there would have been disaster. Nokyoung would have been executed, leaving no one to dig Yeonwoo out who would then have died for real, the Heo family would want justice which would eventually lead to their death as well and Hwon...well he would have been more devastated. its better to believe your wife died of an illness than know she was killed simply because she married you. the guilt would have destroyed him

lol i can't believe i wrote a mini essay for minhwa but its kind of upsetting that people do not seem to understand her character and see her in such a black and white view. without her, people would have died earlier and we wouldn't have a story

What Minhwa needs is a counsellor or psychiatrist. i for one feel sympathy for her, she was only the scape goat. yes she's frustrating but i would never want to be in her position

Guest shinhaku

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?gotoPage=1&cid=1550486&out_service MBC filming site for historical drama. Wonder if they're filming MoonSun there. I really wanna visit but it seems too far to go and difficult for non-Korean >__<

My favorite lines from this week's episodes

Episode 11

Hwon: I really really liked her a lot

Episode 12

Wol: You ordered me not to come closer to you.

Hwon: I did not order you to stay far away from me either!!!

I can't stop replaying the scene in episode 12...

About the BINYEO, I think Woon picked it up or something... It would be one of the proof that Wol and YW are the same person.

Dramabeans Episode 12 Recap is up

thanks for the explanation but ugh i hope they cleanse Gyo-Tae-Jeon with salt and holy water before Wol takes up residence there  <_<

its really upsetting, Hwon's literally about to be raped unless a miracle happens. Nokyoung should make Bokyung fall into a deep sleep or something, anything. :tears:

Anyway am i the only one who thinks Nokyoung is a contradictive person? she says the heir won't come from Bokyung and now she says its best if the king and queen consummate. she's always changing her damn mind  :angry:

you comment about Gyo-Tae-Jun is hilarious... or if not, just let Wol lives at silver moon building... the one she reside before...

our King loves that place and I think if both of them married, no need for date to consummate... King will go everyday there... hahaha....w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Guest gaeaisthename

I think what's funny about TMTETS, is that the characters are opposite from SKKS.  In SKKS, the main lady falls for the nice, bookworm, while in TMTETS, the main lady falls for the violent, aggressive guy.  haha!

I totally agree with you. But If I am to change/re-write (in my mind) whom the leading lady will fall in SKKS, I would choose Yoo Ah In's character. For TMETS, I will still choose Hwon's character but will definitely give the foil character, Yang Myung, a new love interest and will not give him a tragic death in the hands of Yoon's cohorts. 

"The Sun and The Moon" 37.1% three times in a row

MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" failed to set a new record.

According to AGB Nielson Media Research on the 9th, the twelfth episode of the drama "The Sun and the Moon" rated 37.1%.

This rate has been maintained for three times in a row since the tenth episode and it's strange that even the decimal number is the same. It seems like "The Sun and the Moon" is still going strong.

SBS "Take Care of Us, Captain" and KBS 2TV "Wild Romance" rated 6.5% and 5.1% respectively, showing a huge difference from "The Sun and the Moon".

On this day's episode of "The Sun and the Moon", Yang-myeong (Jeong Il-woo) also confessed his love for Wol (Han Ga-in) including Lee Hwon (Kim Soo-hyeon-I).

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120210n04690 (Korean)

Credit: HanCinema

Unseen stills?

ch_1328840582_-823824797_0.jpg

>>Yang Myung looks so sad :(

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

reading all the comments here made me laugh so much. in my drama dreams, Hwon would conspire with HyunSun to give BK drugged tea to knock her out lol then he could go work off the aphrodisiac tea he had with Wol  :P

and the reason i cannot warm up to YM (or any second lead for that matter) is because inevitably the heroine is gonna end up with the hero. i hate it when precious drama time is spent on heroine/second lead scenes when that time could be used to give us more lovey dovey scenes of the main couple. i think the only second lead i've ever preferred was Park Shi Hoo in QoR and ironically he got the girl lol

there are second leads in other dramas that are with the same weight as the main lead role, despite the screen time. to the point you as a viewer will either be as sorrowful as the second lead when he lost his love interest.

it boils down into one. THE SCREEN WRITING.

You think that BK will reject the consummation ? She is dying for it to happen !

PG12

Feeling repulsed by H attitude or harsh words will make BK rejected him.. Although a queen, but first and foremost , BK is a woman that beg her husband to consummated the marriage.. She'll feel like a cheap woman rather than queen on her wedding night.

We'll see what happened next wed then.

Just realised after watching 12 episodes that I love the interactions between YW/WOL and Hwon. They have intellectual conversations which are meaningful. I don't think Hwon has anyone to intellectually banter with (escept for Yeom but now he can't go to the palace)

She is the voice of reason, the one who tells Hwon things as it is , without fear. Remember the conversation she had with Yeom when he was having trouble with Young Hwon. She advised him not to be all humble and deferring but stimulate his thinking and show no fear.

Looking forward to next week!

I finally watched ep 12. Gosh, KSH really did a great job! His cold stare and words towards BK.. It's kinda frightening, but also captivating. :phew:

So, while we're waiting for new episodes next week, I decided to make this. Just something to laugh at and ease our anxiety. :lol:

Hwon's reaction/response about his consummation night with BK:

HwonsreactiontoBK.jpg

Hwon's reaction if YW is reinstated in her rightful position, and their consummation night:

HwonsreactiontoYW.jpg

"The Moon that Embraces the Sun's" Jung Il Woo's Old Photos Shock Fans

by: hotshotlover30 on Feb 9, 2012

4ec8e4ca9dd64d88131b1440ecd9dbd0_large.jpg

“The Moon that Embraces the Sun’s” Jung Il Woo is garnering attention for some shocking old photos. Titled “Jung Il Woo’s Miss Bang Yeon Days while at the Seoul Institute of the Art” the photos have spread like wildfire since they were uploaded online. In the photos, Jung Il Woo is seen with long black hair, full makeup, blouse, and skirt. Not only does he look like a girl, Jung Il Woo poses and dances like a girl for the camera.

Netizens commented, “It was so unexpected, but cute,” “He pulled it off very well,” “Prince Yang Myung...my you’re pretty,” and more.

Credit: Soompi

The media always know how to get attention from netizens. Especially when an actor is getting popular because of his character in a drama. I wonder the reason behind exposing these old photos. Is it because Ilwoo looks pretty even as a Prince? :D I never thought that they will expose those 'unique' old photos :lol:

I finally watched ep 12. Gosh, KSH really did a great job! His cold stare and words towards BK.. It's kinda frightening, but also captivating. :phew:

So, while we're waiting for new episodes next week, I decided to make this. Just something to laugh at and ease our anxiety. :lol:

*quoted image*

Hwon's reaction if YW is reinstated in her rightful position, and their consummation night:

*quoted image*

hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice one. very funny, but true. ;):) :) :) :)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Loving this!! :P Need some happier pictures to wipe that last scene from Ep 12 from my mind..

flowerboy....Oh Faint!! it must be awful for BK to see LH drops infront of her... :sweatingbullets:

LH..how could you??? I wonder where Wol is?? what is she thinking?? is she in tears???

YM..what about you??

another thing I don't think JS knows Wol is YW..she kept a hairpin without returning to YW bec she doesn't know her!! just my thought B)

Guest shinhaku

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Haha u did make me laugh! Love it! If YW had been his Queen they would have many kids by now XD. I hope we get to see their kid at the end