[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

WHATTTTTTT??? No way....I think he is avoiding her...He is being rude/harsh on her because she lets him feel the same as  YW (LOL) and hence he is trying to block her...Oh I cant wait when everybody discover YW is alive.....I want to make a wallpaper with all those evil/guilty/jealousy faces!!!!! That will be sooo sweet....

BTW can someone please tell me about YW's letter??? What is written in there???

I don't think they ever showed the contents of the last letter YW wrote to Hwon before she died? I also wonder what YW/Wol was writing in today's episode but they didn't show that either. dry.gif

Guest Megamissy

As I've noticed and based from my personal experience, there is a BIG difference between watching it raw and watching it with subtitle because we cannot judge the person's acting fairly without UNDERSTANDING THE SCENES. I must admit that I appreciated HGI's acting more when I watched it with sub. I was hooked in episode 7 during the conversation with NY at the port. Then I started to question, why those people are criticizing her? I find her acting sensible at all and in fact love her in episode 8.

For me, there is no better person for the role of Wol aside from HGI!.

I fully agreed with you many people out there are quick to judge and criticized, I watch the drama with an open mind and enjoyed it.Every actors act according to the characters they have to potray,some characters are more expressive but some got to act more demure.If every character in TMTETS act like Princess Minwah and Eunuch HungSan than TMTETS classified as a comedy drama. Producing a drama especially historical one is not cheap I don't think the casting team are so stupid to bring in actors that cannot act.

I think most of the critics are from rival station since TMTETS was air other stations dramas suddenly ratings drop heavily.If the actors in TMTETS are no good why ratings keep going up???? viewers are not stupid!!!!

Guest vicious_kid

aww everyone thank you for photos and spoilers and everything. today's episode was awesome...but why The Queen had to enter his room just WHYYY?((( isn't  he the King? why did they let her in(((( :tears: btw, I love Kim Soo Hyun's voice when he is shouting ^_^

Guest ginny_potter

Dumb question but did Minhwa ever know that Prince Myung liked Yeon Woo? She knew that Hwon did but I wonder if she knew both brothers liked the same girl? (somehow I don't think so unless they show it in flashback, we never saw it) 

Cutting your post but hmmm... I don't think she even knew about it. They never showed any interactions of them as kids so I'm glad they at least have these moments as adults... although they bicker most of the time. Haha!

BTW, was it the first time that YM met the grandma dowager queen after all these years? I wouldn't be surprised if MH herself also stayed as far away from her grandmother after what she subjected her though back in those days. No one loves a war-mongering grandma. :P

i wish i could understand Korean language.. >,<

i watched the whole episode without knowing what were they talking about.. but guessing huhuhu... ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

@semi-fly.. thank you for the torrent link! :wub:

btw i always feel happy and sad every time YangMyung meets Wol,

Happy he could meet her again.. but sad coz I KNEW he wd lost her again.. *deeeeeppp siigghhsss*

Ep.9 was really great imo.. i feel tensed as well as excited from the beginning until the last minute.

Rating will be higher than before.. thou... :rolleyes:

I also wonder what YW/Wol was writing in today's episode but they didn't show that either. 

She was writing a letter of apology for disobeying her instructions and "touching the person of the King". She went to the same store as last time, of course, because they specialize in high-quality-writing-to-the-king paper (remember her explanation back then why she was looking at such expensive stuff). Her penmanship will naturally hit Hwon in the eye when he gets to read the letter tomorrow.

I love the sureness of touch with which these Kdrama writers and directors control the tone and mood. In this sequence of almost unbearably fraught events, we get a touch of comedy. The first symptom of Hwon's drastic improvement after YW had been with him the first night as "amulet" was that he astonished the serving maids by complimenting them on the delicious breakfast they'd served him. And now, the first thing he does after emerging from his chambers after the night that has seen the "amulet" cast into jail and awaiting cruel punishment is that he complains to the same maidservants that they served up the same boring breakfast yet again. But that's not just a piece of random light relief. It's the first symptom that the absence of the "amulet" has been a setback to his health and his spirits, and that's the start of the process that will lead to the order later in the day and just in the nick of time, to bring her back, unbranded, to "complete her work".

MH reaction to YW running into the mom was expected, although she was again her bubbly self when she realized that YM seemed to be interested in that girl. Gahhh, I love these royal sibling interactions.

@tessieroo - I saw that look too, and I hope they'll deal on that in future episodes. To be fair, drama!MH is tolerable compared to book!MH, if we base it on the summaries/translations of people who read the books.

I still have to see MH's "guilt" look streaming was hella buffering. I feel for the Heo family specially the mom, she was that close in seeing her daughter. broke my heart watching Mommy Heo TT____TT

I have to say the episode was a bit boring heh..i needed more HW and WOL interaction. 

Bokyeong's jealousy was expected, hell look at how Hwon looked at Wol. She's been longing that he gives her that affectionate look.

92c219e0gw1dpn63nry5nj.jpg

92c219e0gw1dpn610kmgfj.jpg

92c219e0gw1dpn66sjlzyj.jpg

This is totally sounds rude but that GrandMa surely has looongggg life eh? I mean, a son is already dead, she seemed never aged? Hwon's mummy, YW's mummy and even BK's daddy are gaining years and we can see that in their appearance. Heh, I know you should always pray for your elder's long and healthy life, but can she like die already ? OK la, maybe not die, perhaps some illness ? Or at least more grey hair and wrinkles ? Haha. Hate her!

Cutting your post but hmmm... I don't think she even knew about it. They never showed any interactions of them as kids so I'm glad they at least have these moments as adults... although they bicker most of the time. Haha!

BTW, was it the first time that YM met the grandma dowager queen after all these years? I wouldn't be surprised if MH herself also stayed as far away from her grandmother after what she subjected her though back in those days. No one loves a war-mongering grandma. :P

Okay, yea ... I didn't think so either. But they didn't show any interactions between Minhwa and Myung as kids. (I really wish they would have!) So that explains Minhwa being super excited to see Myung interested in a girl if it's the first time she's ever seen him act that way. LOL! 

It did sound like it had been awhile since the Dowager had seen Myung. I wouldn't blame ANY of the grandchildren for staying away from Grandma! crazy.gif She's just crazy evil! Remember she killed her sons (the old King) step-brother and now she's trying to throw suspicion on Myung and will also probably try to get rid of him down the road. This old witch won't be happy until she kills both her grandsons and anyone else who isn't part of the "Yoon" clan. tongue2.gif

Guest calderonbr

Is it true??? Is Hwon going to consummate his marriage with BK???? Please tell me no.....

I doubt that very seriously. If he does and brings forth a child... HE is better than dead!!!!

Guest gaeaisthename

i wish i could understand Korean language.. >,<

i watched the whole episode without knowing what were they talking about.. but guessing huhuhu...  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

@semi-fly.. thank you for the torrent link!  :wub:  

btw i always feel happy and sad every time YangMyung meets Wol,

Happy he could meet her again.. but sad coz I KNEW he wd lost her again.. *deeeeeppp siigghhsss*

Ep.9 was really great imo.. i feel tensed as well as excited from the beginning until the last minute.

Rating will be higher than before.. thou...  :rolleyes:

I hope this helps. There are soft english sub/trans while livestreaming on  ionair. :)

thanks to all of you for all the recap especially to @jaejoongstolemyheart....

can't wait to watch it after DL from mediumquality...w00t.gifw00t.gif

sadly, i can't use torrent because my intrnt is super slow...tears.giftears.gif

I LOVE TMTETS!!!wub.gifwub.gif

p/s : just an hour ago, there is 'YeonWoo'(misty rain) at my place... no Wol(moon) tonight...

-------------------- EDIT----------------------------------

This is totally sounds rude but that GrandMa surely has looongggg life eh? I mean, a son is already dead, she seemed never aged? Hwon's mummy, YW's mummy and even BK's daddy are gaining years and we can see that in their appearance. Heh, I know you should always pray for your elder's long and healthy life, but can she like die already ? OK la, maybe not die, perhaps some illness ? Or at least more grey hair and wrinkles ? Haha. Hate her!

your post sound cruel but i love it..... hahahaha....biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

She was writing a letter of apology for disobeying her instructions and "touching the person of the King". She went to the same store as last time, of course, because they specialize in high-quality-writing-to-the-king paper (remember  her explanation back then why she was looking at such expensive stuff). Her penmanship will naturally hit Hwon in the eye when he gets to read the letter tomorrow.  

I love the sureness of touch with which these Kdrama writers and directors control the tone and mood. In this sequence of almost unbearably fraught events, we get a touch of comedy. The first symptom of Hwon's drastic improvement after YW  had been with him the first night as "amulet" was that he astonished the serving maids by complementing them on the delicious breakfast they'd served him. And now, the first thing he does after emerging from his chambers after the night that has seen the "amulet" cast into jail and awaiting cruel punishment is that he complains to the same maidservants that they served up the same boring breakfast yet again. But that's not just a piece of random light relief. It's the first symptom that the absence of the "amulet" has been a setback to his health and his spirits, and that's the start of the process that will lead to the order later in the day and just in the nick of time,  to bring her back, unbranded, to "complete her work".

Ahh! Thanks! biggrin.gif Yep, if Hwon does see this apology letter in tomorrows episode, he will no doubt become even more crazy over Wol and wanting information about her background. Wasn't the very first letter she wrote him (with all the pretty flowers all over it) an apology of sorts? 

What about the last letter she wrote before she died? Did we ever see the contents of that or was it just YW's voice-over telling us some of what it said? It looks like in the preview Yeom finds that letter! I'm gonna go crazy wondering what he'll do with it! sweatingbullets.gif

Episode 10 TEXT  preview

사자전서(死者傳書)

훤은 형선에게 어의와 의녀를 들여 상처 입은 월을 치료하라 명한다.

훤의 혼란스러운 마음을 눈치챈 운은 군사들이 월의 몸을 뒤지다 발견한 것이라며 

훤에게 월의 서찰을 건낸다.

어디선가 본듯한 서체와 수려한 문체에 마음이 가는 훤.

훤과 무녀의 묘한 분위기를 감지한 중전 보경은 분한 마음을 가눌 길 없고, 

성후의 회복소식에 들뜬 대왕대비전에서는 합방 날짜를 당기라고 이르는데... 

92c219e0gw1dpn6ztcviyj.jpg

I doubt that very seriously. If he does and brings forth a child... HE is better than dead!!!!

I haven't seen episode 9!!! tears.giftears.gif

BTW, I've seen the preview for ep 10. Do you think we will be seeing Chapter 13 and 14 of the novel? I remembered in Koala and in Jejoongstolemyheart's recap, Hwon will give his robe to Wol because it is cold that night... What do you think of this pic???? :wub::wub:

hwon-1.jpg

I hope this helps. There are soft english sub/trans while livestreaming on  ionair. :)

thanks for your info ^^

i've read at previous page that streaming on ionair doesn't as great as SOLIVE... sometimes it's lag >,<

but i think it's depend on our internet connection thou... ^^;;;

okay, i'll try watch from ionair tomorrow,, ^^

btw, for those who watched ep.9, anyone notice the scene below?

the snow was falling so hard.. it must be very cold during the filming :tears:

20120201222910798.jpg

cr: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20120201222910503 <-- wish someone could translate this news :rolleyes:

lookin forward to tomorrow's episode!

yeonwoo's letter was finally seen after such a long time... :'((

todae's episode was a bit boring .. need more yeon-hwon moments.. xp xD

glad to see child yeon woo in the show!

love her totally! ^^

time fly soo fast , tomorrow's episode 10,

we are already half through the drama...

cant imagine how life will be like without chasing the drama when it ends.... @@