snapshot20111122012312.jpg

snapshot20111122012327.jpg

snapshot20111122012334.jpg

snapshot20111122012612.jpg

snapshot20111122012348.jpg

snapshot20111122012353.jpg

snapshot20111122012516.jpg

snapshot20111122012436.jpg

Omy ... its the very 1st time that this sweet lovey-dovey .... not in their memory lane ...... w00t.gifphew.gif

0D4648A7904E03099BDB385A2E79FCA9.gif

snapshot20111122012626.jpg

credit chuan / raewonisland.com

cont'd .....

Finally finally ~~ they can be together ... mixed w/ happiness & tears ..... :wub::D & forseeable pain in the future .... tears.giftears.gif

snapshot20111122012639.jpg

snapshot20111122012632.jpg

all caps by chuan / raewonisland.com

Hey Middy, you are killing us here with all those sweet screen captures there!!! The kiss seems comfortable it looks natural from the photo there. The connection was really bad last night couldn't watch... :( . Have to agree their happiness might not last long.... Kind of feel sorry for HyangGi though. Hope she will be stronger and get over it!

“A Thousand Days’ Promises,” Seo Yeon (Soo Ae) kisses Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won) and confesses her love: “I love you, thank you, and sorry”

360.jpg

Seo Yeon (Soo Ae) kissed Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won) and confessed her love as he decided to stay with her.

In the episode of SBS TV’s A Thousand Days’ Promises that aired on November 22, Seo Yeon, suffering from Alzheimer’s, gave a sweet kiss and confessed her everlasting love to Ji Hyung.

Seo Yeon got burned while cooking in the kitchen, and Ji Hyung hurriedly came over to her and worried about her. As she saw him worrying and trying to protect her, she expressed her appreciation by giving a sweet kiss to him.

She said, “I love you, sorry, and thank you,” and gave him a hug. She added, “I won’t wait until tomorrow to say this because I might not remember tomorrow. I love you, thank you, and sorry.”

She continued to say, “Even if I don’t say this again, please understand assuming that I became a fool. My heart will remember you. My heart cannot put it to the word, but it knows everything.” Her great love could be seen as she dropped tears while saying that.

He responded, “I was a coward. I tried not to see you because I was a coward. Don’t forgive me,” feeling sorry for the fact that he tried to get married with another woman. As if to comfort him, she made a happy smile although still dropping tears. She decided to make all efforts to love him until she could remember him.

Seo Yeon and Ji Hyung decided to get married, but it was tipped that it wouldn’t be easy as Ji Hyung’s father (Lim Chae Moo) and Hyang Ki’s parents found out about Seo Yeon’s Alzheimer’s.

"A Thousand Days' Promise" Soo-ae, a sign of misfortune after short happiness

fullsizephoto208166.jpg

On the twelfth episode of SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise", Soo-ae spent a sweet time with Ji-hyeong (Kim Rae-won) after getting permission to marry him from relatives.

They have come all the way here after many ups and downs from marriage to break up, and there is hardly anything to laugh about. Ji-hyeong decided to protect Seo-yeon and to love him as long as she could remember.

The two had a small meal together. They didn't have wine or anything fancy like they did when they first met at the Galleria. They sat around a small table with soup and were happy together.

However, happiness was only momentary. A colleague had asked her, "Why didn't you flush?" when she came out from the bathroom.

She had shown a side of her she'd kept so perfect because of Alzeimer's. Seo-yeon then argues that she did flush, but knows that she forgot, looking depressed.

In the end, it meant that no matter how happy she is, the disease won't go away, and she had to realize it.

Meanwhile, Seo-yeon let her family know about her marriage and Hyang-gi also found out about it, building tension.

HanCinema

"A Moment to Remember" VS "A Thousand Days' Promise"

photo208157.jpg

The SBS drama "A Thousand Days' Promise" reminds us of the 2004 movie "A Moment to Remember". The basic set up of a young woman suffering from Alzheimer's is the exact same.

The men opposite her are both architects. Jeong Woo-seong played the role of the husband taking care of his wife in "A Moment to Remember" and Kim Rae-won does the same in "A Thousand Days' Promise".

The unfortunate female who is losing her memory appears in both the movie and the drama, and they are Son Ye-jin and Soo-ae, repsectively. They 'act' the same but they claim they are different.

The actress from the movie, Son Ye-jin said, "They are different in genre" while Soo-ae said, "I enjoyed the movie but the set up was a bit different from our drama so I didn't relate to it".

Is there something else more heartaching than losing the memories of love? Not being remembered by the one you love is the same. There is a difference in the way the movie and the drama unravel the process of a love becoming blurred. If the movie expressed the tragic moment beautifully, then the drama expresses it more realistically.

First, in the movie the woman's memory loss is used as a tool to maximize her love ith the man. After sharing with the audience the lovers' first meeting and the memories they have made, the movie erases the memories one by one, paradoxically showing the preciousness of love and memories. The movie elaborates loss of memory as the extinction of love and that's what makes it more heartbreaking. Love was beautiful even in its most tragic times.

However, Soo-ae's acting is different. After being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she yells "Damn you Alzheimer's" and denies the truth at first but later anguishes at the way she is losing her memory. She falls into panic and cries all the time, very realistically.

Son Ye-jin says, "There is continuity in a drama but a movie has to be cut short to two hours, so there has to be a difference in size. If movies are fantasy melodramas then the dramas are realistic, and I think they both have their advantages in genre".

photo208158.jpg

HanCinema

"Gyebaek" ends with 13% of viewers

photo208165.jpg

The MBC drama "Gyebaek" ended by catching 13% of viewers.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on November 23rd, "Gyebaek" scored a viewing percentage of 13%, which is slightly higher than the previous 12.3%.

The first episode of "Gyebaek" in July started off with 10.6% and on the 22nd of August it made its best ratings at 14.3%. However, after that it remained near 10%.

It was beaten first by SBS "Warrior Baek Dong-soo" and then "A Thousand Days' Promise".

Like it is recorded in history, the drama ended with Gye-baek dying at war at Hwangsanbol.

SBS's "A Thousand Days' Promise" rated 17.4% and KBS's "Brain" got 8.8%

HanCinema

Hey Middy, you are killing us here with all those sweet screen captures there!!! The kiss seems comfortable it looks natural from the photo there. The connection was really bad last night couldn't watch... :( . Have to agree their happiness might not last long.... Kind of feel sorry for HyangGi though. Hope she will be stronger and get over it!

hi TRAN its true, the kiss scene looks natural, i like to see the way they kiss, hugs and the way they looks each other, haha.... Uhm Tae Woong will get jealous

Soo Ae looks so happy here

tumblr_lv2b9lbHRS1qagmgmo1_250.giftumblr_lv2b9lbHRS1qagmgmo2_250.gif

tumblr_lv2b9lbHRS1qagmgmo3_250.giftumblr_lv2b9lbHRS1qagmgmo4_250.gif

First random celebrity encounter since coming to Seoul!

Saw Park Soo-Ae filming for “A Thousand Days’ Promise (천일의 약속)”!

tumblrlut9fkjwtf1qa19gy.jpg

tumblrlut9h2ifu21qa19gy.jpg

tumblrlut9hp1ybu1qa19gy.jpg

My friends and I just finished eating dinner and were walking down some of the side streets in Sinchon when we saw a crowd forming. The crew was setting up/testing lighting for the shot. There were a couple crew members keeping the crowd back, too. Our Korean friend was the one that eventually asked who it was and found out that Soo Ae was filming.

We only waited for maybe 5 minutes before she came out. When she did, it was very cute! People in the crowd kept on shouting that she was pretty, cute, etc. She smiled and waved to everyone very sweetly before she got into character. The shot only lasted for about a minute- it was basically just her standing outside and looking cold i.e. rubbing her arms and hands together and looking off in the distance. After that she disappeared with some of the crew members.

Short but sweet!

Took a couple pictures and one video bu they are all pretty terrible haha

cr : 수애 Tumblr

Hi 71e! why ....

would Ulm Tae Woong get jealous? They're not dating or nothing right?

This is the only drama worth watching at the moment. Geez, why do I like this drama so much? Is it because of Soo Ae and Kim Rae Won? or because of the director? Every frame, every capture is so valuable and spot on. I feel like it's different from other dramas I've watched seems like high class quality kind.

One thing I cannot understand is why Mung Hee and her mon got so mad in front of Jihyung, a guest, like that? They show no manners and prove they are of lowly class. Wonder if Jaemin feels embarrass of his family behavior?

One thing to learn as a parent is that you should not favor one over the other so obviously, it will hurt the other one badly!

Now back to reading the recap and waiting for sub to come out....

Thanks again 71e for all the updates!

Why are we in No.2 rating? Is there still hope to past the 20% mark?

Despite superb acting by the actors and brilliant conversations (I mean how in the world they could come up with such dialogues?) I still have reservation about this story. I think acceptance to a story depends on one’s belief system and moral principle. For me, (pardon me, this might sound harsh), this is one of the cheapest story I’ve ever seen. Using love and sickness as escapism from hellish mess created. And everyone seems forgiving coz she’s dying and he’s madly in love. So the fact that he’s a I-let-a-girl-tailed-me-around-and-pretend-to-love-her-since-forever-oh-and-yes-I-slept-with-her-too cheater and she’s a other-people-fiancé’s stealer is OK as long as they are together.

My perception perhaps would’ve be different  if JH is forced to marry HG, like what happened in Scent of the Woman where Lee Dong Wook (hotness!!) was forced by evil father to marry other bigger chaebol’s daughter. He clearly stated that he didn’t love her. And she knew. And it’s her choice to jump into the un-loved sea and die. But this one? I mean how can love be so screwed up? It’s like we’re trying to tell people that “in the name of love”,  let’s be the most horrible people in the world. Don’t worry~ It’s OK, peeps~ Chinca OK! Let’s break all promises & parents’ hearts and become two-timer for the sake of love. Heh. Maybe it is because I always look for good values and positive impact from every show I watch.

It is so disappointing. Brilliant writers and actors but it went to a completely wrong direction.

My 2 cents. Am sorry if this post is inappropriate.

Totally agree with you, Jihyung is wrong in every way, he's even admitted that he's a totally double bastard. A selfish human being. Which way he goes he will hurt someone. Either hurting HyangGi or Seoyeon. So he chose love and goes with Seoyeon.... Things to learn here is that as a girl you should keep your chastity until you are actually married. Don't sell yourself short than blamed other party. But if want to give willingly then what's the regrets? But then again, does it really matter nowadays sleeping with your boyfriend then after broke up? Seems like normal! .... Well, Seoyeon got the punishment of Alzheimer and might be gone in a few year times and Jihyung will definitely be suffer lots and lots!

Hi 71e! why ....

would Ulm Tae Woong get jealous? They're not dating or nothing right?

well they not dating..., but didn't UTW has a crush on her ???

i heard the news UTW don't have the slightest intention to introduce her to someone else

just my thoughts ^_^

BTS Random

filedown002.jpg

ado0vy7cmaaajocjpglarge.jpg

Archived