• Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Romance, Comedy
  • Episodes: 10
  • Broadcast network: TBS
  • Broadcast period: 2011-Jul-26 start
  • Air time: Tuesday 24:55

Source: d-addicts

Sypnosis:

“Arakawa Under the Bridge” is a story about Ichinomiya “Riku” Kou, a young upper-class man who tries to live a life without any debts to anyone, and a strange yet beautiful homeless girl called Nino who claims to be from the Venus. Unfortunately for him, he ends up owing his life to Nino and has no choice but to live with her under the bridge by the Arakawa river in order to follow his debt-free policy.In 2010, the manga was already made into an anime that spawned two seasons.The live-action movie of “Arakawa Under the Bridge” is scheduled to open in spring of 2012, but TBS already announced that we are also going to see a drama adaption airing in a midnight slot later this summer. 

Source: tokyohive

Watch Trailer

Cast:

Hayashi Kento as Riku

hayashin.jpg

Kiritani Mirei as Nino

kiritani.jpg

Shirota Yu as Sister

shirota.jpg

Nana Katase as Maria

nanavu.jpg

Natsumi Abe as P-ko

natsumi.jpg

Oguri Shun as Village Chief (Sonchō) 

oguri.jpg

Yamada Takayuki as Hoshi

yamadat.jpg

20110517arakawaunderthe.jpg

Hiramuna Norihisa as Billy

Tokunaga Eri as Stella

Arisaka Kurume as Jacqueline

20110517arakawaunderthe.jpg

Tezuka Toru as Shiro

Suruga Taro as Last Samurai

Sueoka Takuto and Masahiko Raito as Testsujin Brothers

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

LOL

I love the costume =)

I thought the anime was hilarious and odd.

Can't wait to see what the drama has in for us.

The main lead (girl) is cute =)

Guest Justalilodreamer

most bizarre costumes ever.... I cant believe oguri shun actually took this role LOL he usually seems so serious.

Guest chloe.c

LOLOLOLOL OGURI SHUN.

My god... did not expect this. LMAO..

Welll I'm kind of looking forward to this?? At least the leads seem to be okay to me for now and the story seems interesting?

• 2 weeks later...

I skimmed through the first episode as I like Tekayuki Yamada and Shun Oguri. Oddly enough the premis sounded interesting but the star face and green faces really bother me.

Guest ZoidbergMD

well the anime doesn't make much more sense then the drama lol

They're generally following the anime and manga but since it's only going to be 10 episodes they have a lot of random insanity to cover.

I'm going watch a few more episodes before I write the whole thing off but I did really like the anime adaption so I have high hopes for this too. I think they did a good job with the casting, nino and riku are pretty true to character.

Oh god and Oguri Shun as a kappa... never in a million years would I have guessed... lol

I'm excited for when they introduce hoshi and my personal favourite character shiro :P

my advice is don't drop it just yet cause it could be a diamond in the ruff (as the anime was) it takes a while to get what's going on but you're in for a lot of laughs and wtf moments (like a lot)

Guest perfect

I absolutely adored the first episode!

I haven't watched the anime so I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but the first episode was excellent!

I was just wondering though, if anyone was lucky enough to find episode 2 with english subs or if anyone knows who subs this so that i can get a general time frame on when to expect episode 2 subs.

Thank you.

BTW, Oguri Shun as Kappa Village Chief? Priceless.

Guest Special Ed

I think it would help out A LOT if you watch the anime first. Then you would have a better understanding of all the absurdity. Then again, even the anime doesn't make sense. lol. But its friggin hilarious either way.

Guest Autumn1430263885

woohoo! i'm so excited to watch this! The cast looks promising. shirota and oguri shun look hillarious in costume LOL.

edit:

ahh i really enjoyed the first episode! I loved the set/scenery and the actors.. i'm pretty picky about

watching dramas when it comes to the cast because i can't stand bad acting..

I like the approach they took towards arakawa.. i'm glad they didn't make it into a full out crazy gag/slapstick comedy drama, but instead a more

creative/artistic approach. I was really worried it would turn out to be some mediocure crap.

It must be very entertaining filming this drama for the actors as well LOL. It would be so hard not to laugh.. especialy with the costumes and all.

I hope the newer episodes get subbed soon... AND that this drama gets more attention/recognition.  arakawa in general is so under rated! :( It might seem weird/crazy but its really good.. i recommend checking out the anime/manga :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Arawaka Under the Bridge Episode 1-7 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

arakawa.jpg

Arawaka Under the Bridge 1-7 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...he-bridge-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

• 5 months later...

Arakawa is such an underrated series! I totally love the dark humor. It's very unique in its own way. I love Nino, not the typical perfect heroine as a weak, feminine girl. I love Riku.... Totally love him. Like everyone said, I was extremely shocked that the handsome man who often play the cool guy like Rei in Hana Yori Dango and Sano from Hana Kimi will play the village chief!!! hahahahaha. SOOOOO ADORABLE!!! The only thing that threw me off is the cheesy cosplay-look alike costumes. hahahah. That''s probably the only thing that will stop people from watching this series because of how childlike it appears to be. But, really, it's a very funny series.

Archived