Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest onesweetflavor

I'm contemplating whether I should send my audition via post to Korea or LA. Is it possible if I do both or send to only one location? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Clydie Short

Hey! I was just have a few questions for you.
1. I'm 179cm tall, is that too tall for a girl at SM? And if not in what way is it an advantage?
2. I'm not half korean/chinese/thai. But I am half filipino/ half australian. Is it more likely for me to be accepted more than not because I'm half asian?
3. I plan on auditioning for SM in 2016, I'll be doing dancing. But the thing is I'm not actually that good at dance styles like hip hop etc. I do more Ballet, Jazz and Lyrical. Do you think I should start having dance classes in hip hop or if I get accepted will SM teach me?
4. What is the trainee life like? Could you please tell me as detailed as possible?
5. I know Sm prefers more pale girls, but I'm tanned, not pale. Do you think I'd still have a chance if they think I have talent?
6. I'm fluent in French, English and Afrikaans, but I'm learning the basics of Korean. Will Sm continue to teach me Korean if I become a trainee?
7. Does SM send us to school, if we become a trainee? And if so which one?
8. Does SM gives trainee's an allowance?
Sorry if there is too many questions, but I hope you can help. Thankyou! :)

Guest Clydie Short

Also four more things!
1. Is it a disadvantage to have double eyelids?
2. What type of people are SM looking for?
3. I've heard having a V-line face is good. Is that true, because I have one.
4. Does SM care about piercings? Because I currently have 7 piercing on my ears and 1 on my navel.
Thankyou. :)

Clydie Short

said: Hey! I was just have a few questions for you.

1. I'm 179cm tall, is that too tall for a girl at SM? And if not in what way is it an advantage?

2. I'm not half korean/chinese/thai. But I am half filipino/ half australian. Is it more likely for me to be accepted more than not because I'm half asian?

3. I plan on auditioning for SM in 2016, I'll be doing dancing. But the thing is I'm not actually that good at dance styles like hip hop etc. I do more Ballet, Jazz and Lyrical. Do you think I should start having dance classes in hip hop or if I get accepted will SM teach me?

4. What is the trainee life like? Could you please tell me as detailed as possible?

5. I know Sm prefers more pale girls, but I'm tanned, not pale. Do you think I'd still have a chance if they think I have talent?

6. I'm fluent in French, English and Afrikaans, but I'm learning the basics of Korean. Will Sm continue to teach me Korean if I become a trainee?

7. Does SM send us to school, if we become a trainee? And if so which one?

8. Does SM gives trainee's an allowance?

Sorry if there is too many questions, but I hope you can help. Thankyou!

:)

Guest ilovemusicandrainows

janea27

said: Hi there.....Actually Im gonna audition next year by singing....I just have a few questions

1. Do you think illa ila by Juniel is a nice song to sing for the auditions?2. Do you really have to be beautiful to pass it? do you think my looks will pass?3. How many songs do they need that i will sing?4. What are the advantages or factors to pass there?

Kamsahamnida 

janea27

said: Hi there.....Actually Im gonna audition next year by singing....I just have a few questions

1. Do you think illa ila by Juniel is a nice song to sing for the auditions?2. Do you really have to be beautiful to pass it? do you think my looks will pass?3. How many songs do they need that i will sing?4. What are the advantages or factors to pass there?

Kamsahamnida 

Annyeong!Please help me with this!><1.Will they accept me if like I audition when I'm 18,19 or 20?Will I be able to debut in a girl-group?2.Will they somehow accept my looks?(I know I'm ugly though)><3.Should I go against my parents and go for the audition?(They do not like my idea of being a singer but that is my dream!What should I do?T_T)
That should be all for now!Gomawo~ ^^

music4ever said: Annyeong!Please help me with this!><1.Will they accept me if like I audition when I'm 18,19 or 20?Will I be able to debut in a girl-group?2.Will they somehow accept my looks?(I know I'm ugly though)><3.Should I go against my parents and go for the audition?(They do not like my idea of being a singer but that is my dream!What should I do?T_T)

_RaiN_ said: music4ever said: Annyeong!Please help me with this!><1.Will they accept me if like I audition when I'm 18,19 or 20?Will I be able to debut in a girl-group?2.Will they somehow accept my looks?(I know I'm ugly though)><3.Should I go against my parents and go for the audition?(They do not like my idea of being a singer but that is my dream!What should I do?T_T)

ilovemusicandrainows said: Gomawo!Okay...its not that my parents like seriously go against,my father lets be who I want to be,but my mother is just a bit hesitant but she said that after my studies,she won't really care about my life,just that I thought singers should start training from young though...in this case,should I really still like give up?

@thehero i heard yesung from suju made it through email audition but i'm not sure if it's true.

uhm idk if this was already asked because i'm on my mobile phone and it's a bit laborious to scroll through the whole pages ^^;

1) what exactly do i have to send with my mail when i want to make email audition for sm? means which details about me, photos, mp3 or dance videos? i want to audition for a singer since i'm bad at freestyle or can i also send them a dance cover? probably it's better to wear no make up on the photos right? do they have an audition form for the email auditions?
2) if i send them a mp3 can i send more than one or do they only want one file? when i cover a song from sm they surely will compare me with their idols so it's better to sing a song from another company or one in english?
3) i have double eyelids and i'm fluent in german/english/thai, can speak french (not fluent) and i'm currently learning mandarin and some korean basics. i'm half thai half german but i'm kinda short (158cm), also i'm a fast learner when it comes to languages or things i like. is it more likely for me to be accepted as a trainee because of these things even if my voice isn't that outstanding or will i have problems because of my height or age? i'm a 92-liner. i heard sm looks more for appearance than talent because they think they can teach you how to sing/dance etc.
4) i also heard the korean trainees don't get along well with the chinese ones (or non koreans in general), sometimes even bully them. do you think it's true?
5) what are they looking for when they choose trainees to form a new band? like what exactly do you need that they choose you for a debut?
6) where do the trainees live? are they living together in an apartment or something and does the company pay for this or do the trainees have to pay for themself? is there such a thing as pocket money? i have read sm will give their trainees 15-20$ a week but idk if this is true because there are a lot of things floating around the internet and you can't believe all of them XD

@Ricecakee Hi Ricecake! (I like to eat Rice cake :3) 
1.) For the email audition, you've basically just stated what you need to include in your email. I think on the website, SM specifies what you need to include in your email, and yes, if you're auditioning for singing, you might as well send them a clip of you singing (Preferably without any background music). In regards to the photo, yes, no makeup would be preferred.
2.) I believe that you should sing a song that you feel the most comfortable singing. It doesn't matter if you get compared, if you show confidence then who cares, as long as you're confident in yourself, then you're good to go (:
3.) I don't really have the power to say whether or not people have what it takes to pass, but I do however, have the power to give me own opinion, and my opinion is that as long as you're proud of who you are, and aren't afraid to show off our own skills, then there's nothing wrong with you.
4.) I'm not sure about that.
5.) Obviously to debut as a group, it is extremely important to work together as a group, therefore teamwork is important. Additionally, you have to all be pretty skilled, that's another requirement to debuting.
6.) I think trainees live in a dorm with other trainees (I think most of the time, they'll try to make you live with whoever they feel would work together as a group, and you'd probably debut as a group together with your dorm friends because you've become close to each other). In regards to pocket money, they probably give it to you, I've heard people say that they fund most of the things for you, but that doesn't mean that they wont allow you to have some freedom, so pocket money seems plausible. 
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask ^^
_RaiN_

ilovemusicandrainows said: _RaiN_ said: music4ever said: Annyeong!Please help me with this!><1.Will they accept me if like I audition when I'm 18,19 or 20?Will I be able to debut in a girl-group?2.Will they somehow accept my looks?(I know I'm ugly though)><3.Should I go against my parents and go for the audition?(They do not like my idea of being a singer but that is my dream!What should I do?T_T)

Guest exoticbubble

hello rain :)

THX for answearing all these questions! I didn't read all of them because it's so much but this thread is very helpful. 

on SMtowns website they say you have to tell them some information like this: 'Tiles of E-mail should be name/ age/ gender/ category ex. (Jenny/ 18/ Female/ singer)' I copied it from the site and now I'm wondering if I can give them my real name or my nickname? There is nothing said they want to know our first and last name and on this example is obviously just the first name included. Can I write my nickname or is it better to write the real name? Because no one calls me with my real name (it only exists on the paper) and i'm uncomfortable with it and more comfortable with my nickname which is more like "my real name" for me. 

mine would look like: Rika/ 20/ female/ dancer <-- will it be ok if i send it like this? 

Archived