Park Yong Ha 박용하

Guest babypink3397

Guest TY_KSW

Its hard to believe this is true.

Its hard to beieve this happened to Park Yong Ha...

REST IN PEACE ..... PARK YONG HA...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad hearing another suicide from a talented actor...what's wrong with Korean Entertainment...I know it s hard being performers regardless from which country...there bounce to be endless ups and downs but sumhow Korean celebrity suicidal cases are the worst...I rarely hear celebrity especially the famous one commit suicide from Japan, Philipines, Indonesia, HK, Taiwan, Mainland, Bollywood or even Hollywood...I mean of cos there's death due to drugs overdose & accidents but hanging oneself is outrages...and all celebrity suicides used the same hanging method!!! I think Korean authorithy and fans shud look seriously in this matter...and honestly Korean fans are too judgemental!! What crazy fans wud abuse & bash their idols just becos these people choose to be in a love relationship, having gf/bf or they got maried!!! These people needs emotianal stability in life too yet they're deprive from these emotions just to make their fans happy!!! And frankly I bet this is one reason these people had a hard life...they have no one to support & comfort them emotionally when they're at the lowest point of their life

Sorry for my rambling...it is so sad hearing yet another suicidal news from another inspiring actor/singer...

My condolence to all Park Young Ha family, friends and fans all over the world...

Guest chingying7123

sad to see such good actor life cut short and i was so looking forward to his new drama too RIP Park Yong Ha i will miss seeing u in drama

June 30, 2010

Park Yong-ha found dead

Just two years ago, Korean actor-and-singer Park Yong-ha harbored plans for greatness, plans that went beyond the Korean Wave.

The 32-year-old was found dead early Wednesday morning. Parks mother found his body on Wednesday at 5:30 a.m. at his residence in Nonhyeon-dong, Seoul. The police reported that Park died with an electrical cord tied around his neck. No suicide note was found.

The police viewed Parks death as a suicide based on the depositions of the deceaseds family.

"While my son massaged the legs and back of his father, who suffered from the late stages of stomach cancer, he said I am sorry. I am sorry, to his family before going into his room past midnight," Park's mother was quoted as saying in a deposition.

20100630001136_0.jpg

News reports said that Park, who had devoted himself to nursing his ailing father, had been taking sleeping pills because he had been experiencing trouble sleeping.

In the public eye, the singer-and-actors future appeared bright. He had just nabbed a lead role opposite Coffee Prince actress Yoon Eun-hye in a dramatic remake of the Hong Kong film Comrades: Almost a Love Story (1996) and had started a Japan concert tour before he died.

I like it now, but I dont want to be remembered or seen, after the Hallyu trend has died out, as Hallyu star Park Yong-ha, he told The Korea Herald in 2008. I want to be someone who can cover a lot of territory. Just my name. Is that too hard?

Park, who made his debut in 1997, was propelled to Hallyu stardom following his stint in the highly successful KBS drama Winter Sonata (2002).

On the wings of his Korean Wave success, Park forged a career for himself in Japan, where over the course of five years he churned out 10 hit albums and singles and won four consecutive Japan Gold Disc Awards -- a first for a Korean pop artist.

In 2008, Park revealed that the years spent in Japan, particularly when he appeared on talk shows, were some of the most painful during his career as a Hallyu star. Yes, you could say that this is a painful memory for me, Park said. In a situation where I didnt know the culture and the language well -- while they do translate -- when a talk show gets underway, its hard for everything to be fully translated.

Park pinpointed moments when people on the show would laugh after he said something: They would laugh together, among themselves. I really hated that moment, that moment of laughter. I had no idea what they were saying, but since they were laughing I had to join in.

Park related how when he started to laugh, it left a sour taste in his mouth and made him sweat and think: What did they just say? While I worked in Japan, these sorts of things, kind of, made me sad, he said.

After cementing his career as a singer in Japan, Park returned to Korean television in 2008 in the hit SBS drama On Air. Following his successful comeback, Park went on to star in the male-driven flick The Scam (2009) and the testosterone-heavy KBS drama The Slingshot (2009).

It feels good to be a Hallyu star, he said in 2008. If you look down the line, there will be this time when Hallyu stars were big, and its good that I got to be a part of that time.

Park's death follows on the heels of actor Choi Jin-youngs suicide in March, nearly two years after his sister, actress, Choi Jin-sil, committed suicide in 2008. His passing serves as a reminder of the recent string of celebrity suicides, from the deaths of actresses Lee Eun-ju in 2005 and Jeong Da-bin in 2007 to that of actor Ahn Jae-hwan in 2008 and Boys Over Flowers actress Jang Ja-yeon in 2009.

Park's body lies at Seoul St. Marys Hospital Funeral Hall. The funeral will take place on Wednesday.

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

I just can't believe he's dead...He's the only Asian singer I have listened for all albums...His voice is amazing...his acting skill is better and better those days...On Air without him can't get successful like this...The Scam is great....why???...why you left all of things behind to choose going that way, Yona...

When I listen his songs my tears fall down heavily...

Guest lucky_moon

we have to say goodbye to another talented actor who will always be missed and remembered by his fan, RIP Park Yong Ha :tears:

Guest facing

R.I.P Park Yong Ha :tears:

You'll always be remembered and loved.

I just can't believe of this news. This is too shocking. T___T

Guest lovejae

Rest in peace.

My favourite actor.

I can't believe this.

Just can't believe this.

I woke up this morning and saw this news and I laugh at it, another joke?

But it turns out to be the truth

I can't believe it even now.

Everything seems to be so fine. Why?

If it is becoz of his father, he at least have to stay strong to take care of him in the very last moment.

Why could he choose to go first?

I dont understand

Even now, I still don't understand.

If it is other female actresses, they are sentitivie, they are suffer from pressure to be famous, it is reasonable.

Now you are at your peak, you are a MAN, why can't you sustain for some troubles in life.

I hate hate hate you!!!!!

Guest LadyKash

he's one of the korean actors that I like ever since I saw him in the drama, Loving You, with Eugene...this is such a tragic news...he will surely be missed... :(

Rest in peace.

My favourite actor.

I can't believe this.

Just can't believe this.

I woke up this morning and saw this news and I laugh at it, another joke?

But it turns out to be the truth

I can't believe it even now.

Everything seems to be so fine. Why?

If it is becoz of his father, he at least have to stay strong to take care of him in the very last moment.

Why could he choose to go first?

I dont understand

Even now, I still don't understand.

If it is other female actresses, they are sentitivie, they are suffer from pressure to be famous, it is reasonable.

Now you are at your peak, you are a MAN, why can't you sustain for some troubles in life.

I hate hate hate you!!!!!

how could you hate a person you never knew. The problem is these celebrities try too hard to live for the world and not themselves. everybody in this world will not love you or like you and that is okay. Nevertheless in the k-ent world some of these celebrities have no sense of themselves and i wish they had a stronger support system like all Koreans should have.

Guest nanuko31

This is heartbreaking...

My condolences to his family, friends and fans :(

He must have suffer a lot to choose this path.

Rest in peace Park Yong Ha.

Archived