[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest orionbynes2010

Miri didn't have to go through all those lies if only she was considerate to Yoohyun in the beginning!! Who knows she couldve been married to him by now. lol

advice for Miri. Karma's a female dog.  :ph34r:

*quoted image*

He probably seemed like a stalker to her, he basically was one if you think about it. It did seem like he was following her everywhere, almost to the point of obsession. 

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Miss Ripley Episode 5 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

ripsub2.jpg?t=1306842118

Miss Ripley 1-5 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1614-miss-ripley-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

He probably seemed like a stalker to her, he basically was one if you think about it. It did seem like he was following her everywhere, almost to the point of obsession. 

@bananaleaf:

If i am not wrong she just landed in korea and had to find job before her visa expires, her mind was pre occupied thinking abt that.Whenever yoo hyun approached her most of the time .I agree she was rude to him may be she does that purposely so that the man doesn't pursue her again.She approached MH to save herself she was neither interested in making Boyfriend .

Guest thanhdda10

Honestly watching ep 6 I am not feeling sorry for Miri got slabbed by Hiyarama. I mean whatever happened to her in the past would not justify for what she is doing now to the 2 men that love her. Especially Yuhyun when he isnt a thread to her career or her life in general. He is just the social ladder she thinks she needs to climb in order to survive. He is just her victim.

I hope Yuhyun will not overlook her deception just because he loves her. He will see through her soon and Heeju will uncover Miri deception with solid proof to convince Yuhyun and others

i'm so excited to watch this drama but i can't find any 450p torrent. can anybody help me please? the links on the first post are no longer available. /cries a river

I just know abt this site for torrent download .See if it has 450p torrent episode .I can see 720 p .

Here is the link check the site

Torrent link

Guest imogene_af

Honestly watching ep 6 I am not feeling sorry for Miri got slabbed by Hiyarama. I mean whatever happened to her in the past would not justify for what she is doing now to the 2 men that love her. Especially Yuhyun when he isnt a thread to her career or her life in general. He is just the social ladder she thinks she needs to climb in order to survive. He is just her victim.

I hope Yuhyun will not overlook her deception just because he loves her. He will see through her soon and Heeju will uncover Miri deception with solid proof to convince Yuhyun and others

It sure does not justify what she is doing but I will not call being slapped around by her pimp and mocked like his property as good karma either for her deception right now. I will not think she deserves it...no one does.

Girlfriday in her witty recap touched home when she says at one point she just wants Miri to drop dead every time she is being despicable to say HeeJoo, and then that scene happened where she pleads with her pimp and sympathy simply rolls back in. I am in the same dilemma with Miri going from absolutely hating her to feeling this overwhelming empathy. Ironically, my empathy only kicks in when she shows her monster self. If this was Jekyll and Hyde...I like the monster much better than the improved Miri she is trying to show.

I think this is the struggle with an antiheroine in the forefront. We always tend to ask ourselves what she truly deserves, how vile is she really...is there a chance for empathy...

I have never watched a drama before that made me feel like I am watching a thriller. I know this is called a romance melodrama but really it should be a thriller. The constant anxiety is making me feel like so.

My only real question is...how far is Miri willing to go into the abyss? I think she is still redeemable. But I wonder if they are taking inspiration from Talented Mr.Ripley if she will contemplate murder? Because if she does that...I do not know if she will be redeemable by then.

And I do not know at this point if she will really love any of the men. I think she really is enjoying their company. She loves being in a mature almost housewifey relationship with Myung Hoon while with YooHyun there is a sense of young love and spontaneous adventure...like a college romance, almost. She likes playing both roles. Is it love? So far no. She only likes the feeling of the superficial relationships she is in. In whatever role she is playing.

Guest Upii_88

I hope this is true, will then buy the OST

[TRANS] YOOCHUN RECORDING FOR MISS RIPLEY'S OST??? 

From DC:

He recorded it yesterday, it is said that next week we'll be able to hear it.

From DAUM:

Yoochun has recorded the OST in the studio. I've been so tired of waiting for the OST for the hero (T/N: I think she means 'Glass' as the OST for Miri - the heroine so now she's waiting one for Yutaka). Really so happy happy so happy...

There's also a staff in the studio who said repeatedly that Yoochun was too kind-hearted kkkkkkk

But still not sure whether it is Yoochun's SOLO or not... Because the recording doesn't need to always be done on the same day. Whatever we know that we'll hear Yoochun's voice in the OST. We'll know exactly when we see the broadcast.

Source: RipleyDC + DAUM

Chi Trans: 抬头有片天 

Eng Trans: the crossing fingers and toes JPhylls xDDDDD

Guest orionbynes2010

I have strong empathy for Miri.

Because of her selfless help to Hee Joo when they were both living in the orphanage, her life got dramatically worse. Hee Joo was such a weak child, there was no way she would have survived the kind of life Miri had for 15 plus years as a child slave, a bar hostess, a prostitute. Hee Joo would had that kind of life if it was not for Miri. Therefore she has a moral obligation to help Miri. Miri has been abused her whole life, starting from those mean little girls slapping her cause she was an orphan...all the way to the present.

People keep saying that Miri past does not justify her current action, except for her past is not over. It's still chasing her. The pimp is still after her. She didn't even have a credible chance to start over even though she is living in a different country. Because of no education, she would had being kick out and send back to Japan if she did not lie about her college years although it cause Hee Joo some trouble. Pssh. 1 day in jail and a job loss compared to what Miri had to live through is nothing. Hee Joo owes Miri although it was not directly her fault. Like I said, she has a moral obligation to help Miri out of her nightmare.

Miri is not an evil person. All she did so far was forgery, some lying, and toying with two men's emotions. She has shown many sincere moments to help out people, even since when she was a child. 

Miri had no chance to live a decent life. Whenever she was kind to someone or considerate, bad things always happened to her. She was a dutiful daughter, her mom abandoned her. She helped Hee Joo, she suffered tremendously. When she moved to Korea and try to get work so that she can stay in Korea permanently, she gets turn away because of no education not by her choice. 

She's still desperate, her trying to climb the social ladder is to protect herself from her old life. She believes money and power will shield her. Although she may toy with the affections of two men, I believe she will change their life for the better as evident by the beginning of episode 1.

All of her current actions is to protect herself rather than real greed. 

I have the strong feeling that she will redeem herself by sacrificing herself for the two men since they seem to have good opinions of her and mentioned that they truly love her in the beginning of episode 1. Maybe Miri will have a good life at the end, since at the beginning it shows her playing with children (maybe she will work with orphans). 

Those who hate Miri to the point of no sympathy or empathy, please ask yourself and imagine yourself in the position of Miri. Would you really act different if you had her kind of life? If yes, more power to you. 

Just finished EP 6, I know I am late but thanks to my slow internet connection :(

After getting out of my depression mode :(, here I am writing what I think.

As I see it, Miri is a really hateful character now specially with this last episode and how she treats Heeju and her ignorance of MH and her manipulation with Y which is not reasonable as the one with MH which I thought it was because of her need for him to keep her position in the hotel and cover for her if she got in trouble. Although I still have some sympathy in my deep heart because of her past that is still chasing her (and ooh I cried hard in that abuse scene :tears: ) but it is still not totally enough for me.

I may be wrong in that but this is how I take it personally, I think that this may be what we supposed to feel and that we aren't suppose to have that whole sympathy for her but to just understand her and then this drama will be testing our ability to forgive later. Will we be able to forgive her and give her a second chance given all our hate now??? I am still not sure and that is really something to be seen.

It is really weird how I still enjoy that stressful feeling along with stomach ache I get when watching the drama and this is the first time I have that watching a drama :)

I can't wait to see how the story will go in the coming episodes and I must add that our leads are really making a GREAT job in here. Miss Ripley Fighting :wub:

I hope this is true, will then buy the OST

[TRANS] YOOCHUN RECORDING FOR MISS RIPLEY'S OST??? 

From DC:

He recorded it yesterday, it is said that next week we'll be able to hear it.

From DAUM:

Yoochun has recorded the OST in the studio. I've been so tired of waiting for the OST for the hero (T/N: I think she means 'Glass' as the OST for Miri - the heroine so now she's waiting one for Yutaka). Really so happy happy so happy...

There's also a staff in the studio who said repeatedly that Yoochun was too kind-hearted kkkkkkk

But still not sure whether it is Yoochun's SOLO or not... Because the recording doesn't need to always be done on the same day. Whatever we know that we'll hear Yoochun's voice in the OST. We'll know exactly when we see the broadcast.

Source: RipleyDC + DAUM

Chi Trans: 抬头有片天 

Eng Trans: the crossing fingers and toes JPhylls xDDDDD

Thanks Upii_88 for the news .Its good news that he is singing for the series .I hope we get english translation of the song :) Waiting to her it ,will it be romantic or sad track ? Wow Yutaka/Yoo hyun track yipeeeeee.

I have strong empathy for Miri.

Because of her selfless help to Hee Joo when they were both living in the orphanage, her life got dramatically worse. Hee Joo was such a weak child, there was no way she would have survived the kind of life Miri had for 15 plus years as a child slave, a bar hostess, a prostitute. Hee Joo would had that kind of life if it was not for Miri. Therefore she has a moral obligation to help Miri. Miri has been abused her whole life, starting from those mean little girls slapping her cause she was an orphan...all the way to the present.

People keep saying that Miri past does not justify her current action, except for her past is not over. It's still chasing her. The pimp is still after her. She didn't even have a credible chance to start over even though she is living in a different country. Because of no education, she would had being kick out and send back to Japan if she did not lie about her college years although it cause Hee Joo some trouble. Pssh. 1 day in jail and a job loss compared to what Miri had to live through is nothing. Hee Joo owes Miri although it was not directly her fault. Like I said, she has a moral obligation to help Miri out of her nightmare.

Miri is not an evil person. All she did so far was forgery, some lying, and toying with two men's emotions. She has shown many sincere moments to help out people, even since when she was a child. 

Miri had no chance to live a decent life. Whenever she was kind to someone or considerate, bad things always happened to her. She was a dutiful daughter, her mom abandoned her. She helped Hee Joo, she suffered tremendously. When she moved to Korea and try to get work so that she can stay in Korea permanently, she gets turn away because of no education not by her choice. 

She's still desperate, her trying to climb the social ladder is to protect herself from her old life. She believes money and power will shield her. Although she may toy with the affections of two men, I believe she will change their life for the better as evident by the beginning of episode 1.

All of her current actions is to protect herself rather than real greed. 

I have the strong feeling that she will redeem herself by sacrificing herself for the two men since they seem to have good opinions of her and mentioned that they truly love her in the beginning of episode 1. Maybe Miri will have a good life at the end, since at the beginning it shows her playing with children (maybe she will work with orphans).

Those who hate Miri to the point of no sympathy or empathy, please ask yourself and imagine yourself in the position of Miri. Would you really act different if you had her kind of life? If yes, more power to you. 

Even i feel the same both men in the starting of episode tell us what miri was to them .It didn't matter how fake she was.If u see MH in first episode and MH in 6 episode he is lively now .And i exactly thought so that may be she leaves both guys and now work with orphans .I mean she redeem herself she finally find happiness working in orphans.

I didn't find Miri selfish at all .She is trying to survive and make a life for herself .And offcourse it was not like she planned everything from start.She wanted to make forged certificate but the person told her he needs original copy to make a copy, at that time HJ shows up, It not like she was planning to take her certificate for forgery from start.It was not preplanned.She has the fighting spirit ,that why she could survived till now ,if there was some other girl she would have gave up long time ago . I want to see More of miri's past .When u see her ur feeling just jumps from hate to love and i enjoy that feeling .

If i am not wrong in one of the episode she told HJ "she doesn't have a single fond memories " .

apqaria Agree with u dear i have seen many melo k drama but watching this drama gives me some diff kind of feeling .Can't even describe it LOL

Waiting for the next episode .I am happy all the characters in this series are strong ,i am loving watching them. The actor playing pimp is great i just get scared watching him sometimes. Did u notice ,the guy playing Yoo hyun friend chul i don't think he likes miri ,u have to see his expression when miri is there LOL

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Miss Ripley Episode 6 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

ripsub2.jpg?t=1306842118

Miss Ripley 1-6 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1614-miss-ripley-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Thank you Upii for that news, hope it is true. It is great to listen to Yutaka story through Yuchun voice. Also I liked that song from the Jeju Island :wub:

I have to say that I felt some sincerity from Miri in that Jeju scene too and her cry was not fake for me (may be my illusion ;) ) also it is good to see that she is not making all the moves in that relationship with Yutaka, I don't think she dropped her hat on purpose but she is surely making her moves and used what she got from him.

Also I read your posts about how Yutaka expression was weird in that scene, I felt it too but I don't know what to expect. He is indeed not a stupid and may be he suspects her and also MH but I see that Yutaka have more chances to escape from her web and even attack back which I don't see from MH which really breaks my heart :(

Guest ngthuhien149

Something I got from Yuhyun character in ep 6 beside the disappointment

When his friend asked him whether he insisted in collecting the hotel bcoz of that girl he answered "Work is work, love is love. Do I look like the man that will drag women issue in my work?"

When Yuhyun's dad asked about his girl , why it took too long to get her, he answered: "Things that u can get easily are not interesting"

(so what do u think about suddenly get Miri so quick, Yuhyun? =.= )

When his friend asked why he doesn't want to let Miri know who he really is, he said: "Not only now, I don't want to let her know who I am forever. What is Dad's is Dad's, not mine even tho I am the heir"

Overall I love him when he is not with Miri tbh, I esp love the talk between him and Heejoo and btween him and MH.

He is the boss to both of them but the way he persuaded HJ had a lot of softness, he did not force her with his power, it is like he took heart into it when with MH, even tho he said sweet words (Like "I want to be your brother not just the working relationship) but he was always at the upper hand, mostly used his power to manipulate MH but suffocated it with softness. (n ofcoz MH sensed it n he was not so happy)

I love his saying in the conversation with Miri about his mom too. When Miri asked him whether he was sad when he came to Jeju where his mom died here, he answered: "No, I am happy because there are rain and wind here. When it rains it gets foggy n airplane can't work, I can stay here with her longer". This 1 really shows how positive Yuhyun is outside, later he opened up more , we can tell that he is really sad inside.

Guest Upii_88

Since I am part of the ViKi Ripley team... I watch the drama as I edit..so I end up watching the drama in a strange order..Sometimes I'll watch the end as I edit..and then go back to beginning. So today As I was watching Episode 5 during argument between Miri and Heejoo...I was starting to really hate Miri. It's one thing she uses her body...okay fine she was a bar girl before we all understand she is use to using her body..and I understand all the other evil deeds she does...but when she made it seem like Heejoo is a nobody and can't do anything because of how she is....I was like are you serious? What background do you even have, you have forged your papers and practically living the fame because of Heejoo. Then I noticed Heejoo slightly threw back at Miri..she said something like "Why are you afraid we will end up meeting at work?" and I knew it Heejoo is not going to stay the good, kind girl forever. She wants to talk back..there is a lot of things Heejoo wants to say ...but she doesn't she is holding it back and then it will all burst eventually. Even though later on in Episode 6, Miri covered up by telling Heejooo she is happy for her...Heejoo's first reaction was "really? I didn't know you thought like that" ...well she is greatful to have Miri think about her but she was also shocked...which means she doesn't completely trust Miri in everything she says. 

Someone mentioned that Heejoo actually owes to Miri because of the adoption reason, but that's not reallyy true...because they were only kids...how much did they even know back then? Heejoo tried her best to get out and save Miri and even if she didn't ... it was only by chance that Miri was taken by the Japanese couple and not Heejoo. However I do feel that Miri owes to Heejoo because she is living off her education. 

I would like to see more on this sister relationships and would like to see Heejoo become a stronger person and open up because she is holding everything inside right now. 

About Yoohyun, I hope the writers don't end up making him into a babo...who helps Miri with her lies and looses everything for her like in the description. But if the description already says so..does this mean this is the destiny for Yoohyun? or can Writers still change the story around...but wouldn't that be bad because then people will criticize by saying the character description is set already..but he is different from it?

Guest bananaleaf

@bananaleaf:If i am not wrong she just landed in korea and had to find job before her visa expires, her mind was pre occupied thinking abt that.Whenever yoo hyun approached her most of the time .I agree she was rude to him may be she does that purposely so that the man doesn't pursue her again.She approached MH to save herself she was neither interested in making Boyfriend .

oh yeah that's true lol. but how can Miri resist such a cute stalker?

tumblr_lmucm20iWo1qb4jnio1_500.gif

credit: kurooha tumblr.

Guest orionbynes2010

Someone mentioned that Heejoo actually owes to Miri because of the adoption reason, but that's not reallyy true...because they were only kids...how much did they even know back then? Heejoo tried her best to get out and save Miri and even if she didn't ... it was only by chance that Miri was taken by the Japanese couple and not Heejoo. However I do feel that Miri owes to Heejoo because she is living off her education. 

HeeJoo as I mentioned, has a "moral obligation" to help Miri out of her current predicament. Yes, it is not her fault that bad things happened to Miri. But it was Miri who saved her from being a child slave, a bar hostess, a prostitute. Miri living off of Heejoo education is nothing compared to Miri's sacrifice (15 years of suffer). 

Archived