Hi Miss Ripley fans,

Vote for your favorite May 2011 drama and OTP:

http://thundie.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/taking-stock-of-may/

;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the scene which was shown in the end of ep 1, i mean to say (ep.2 preview )they showed yutaka and miri like bang into eachother and they fall did it come in episode 2 ? Miri wearing black dress and yutaka was wearing the suit .

Guest imogene_af

^

I heard they did not have a scene together, so it may be reserved for Episode 3. Tricky previews.

Guest imogene_af

maybe important for our regulars here but javabeans and girlfriday to recap Ripley now.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/05/lie-to-me-open-thread-vote/

This would be interesting.

Guest upamak

Oh this thread is moving fast now! :)

Just came by to let everyone know Ripley Episode 1 is subbed at ViKi. However it is only available for American viewers because that is what MBC gave ViKi License for.

Ahoxan will release soft subs so people residing at other regions can watch it as well.

Ripley Episode 1 English Subbed - Click Here

Guest Banana Peel

I didn't watch the second episode yet, but I gotta say, the first episode was emotionally tiring for me HAHAH. So much happens to the main lead, I felt bad for her and even cried in some scenes. I haven't seen such "serious" drama in a long time, and I'm definitely liking it! I love how I wasn't bored in the first episode like I usually am with a lot of dramas. There's just so much in the story that my head's spinning.

Anyways, I think I'll stick with this drama to the end. Hopefully yoochun (yutaka?) and the main girl interacts more soon ^^

Guest melane

Finally the last May drama begins its airing!

This type of dark melodrama isn't really my cup of tea...really not accustomed to this dark tone for a drama! The scenes when JMR was sexually harassed by her creepy boss in Japan and the old pervert interviewer in Korea gave me goosepumps! :crazy: It was really shocking and disturbing! But, anyway since I like the four leads, I decided to check the first episode...I agree with everyone...so far, this drama is definitively different from the two other ROM-COMS airing at the same time but it's a great change! :P

I like the fact that all the characters are interconnected even if that's a little too much of coincidences!

The main four leads are doing a great job and I waiting patiently for more interactions between them! Can't wait for the romance aspect to unfold too even if it's likely the tragic type of love story! We'll have to prepare a lot of tissues while watching this drama... :phew:

Guest ngthuhien149

AGB Nielson Ratings of Miss Ripley Ep.2:

Nation 14.3%

Seoul 16.4%

After thought: I feel so relieved knowing that the rating going up tbh. I had the thought that it would flop a bit after watching ep 2. Maybe it is only me but ep 2 is definitely not as awesome as ep1. I feel like it starts to slow down and get draggy, mainly because the tension built up for Kim Myunghoon was not quite well scripted (in my opinion) so it was quite overwhelmingly depressing and boring. Maybe I was not born to watch melo or sth but I actually had the thought of skipping thru some scenes, which did not happen when I watched ep 1. I hope it was only me who got that problem tho.

I know I have to prepare for this since our heroin will be evil. However I still feel uneasy seeing that she starts to get greedy and scary in ep 2, maybe because of LDH's great acting? Her reactions were like those of mad woman who is overwhelmed with her endless ambition even tho she hasn't shown much, which is so scary and frustrated. Esp her eyes >< Great acting LDH.

Anyway congrats Miss Ripley's team n thank for the hard work ^^

Guest imogene_af

AGB Nielson Ratings of Miss Ripley Ep.2:

Nation 14.3%

Seoul 16.4%

After thought: I feel so relieved knowing that the rating going up tbh. I had the thought that it would flop after watching ep 2. Maybe it is only me but ep 2 is definitely not as awesome as ep1. I feel like it starts to slow down and get draggy, mainly because the tension built up for Kim Myunghoon was not quite well scripted (in my opinion) so it was quite overwhelmingly depressing and boring. Maybe I was not born to watch melo or sth but I actually had the thought of skipping thru some scenes, which did not happen when I watched ep 1. I hope it was only me who got that problem tho.

Anyway congrats Miss Ripley's team for the hard work ^^

Myung Hoon is a very hard character to understand or grasp, KSW is a great actor but his character is frustrating because it's hard to have such empathy with someone with an intense but VERY cool exterior. He is so logical. I want to feel something for him, but he is an unfeeling person--- his internal conflict is hard to grasp. I haven't seen Episode 2 yet but I heard it is a bit central to him.

I will reserve my comments until I actually watch the episode (which probably won't be until tomorrow *turns on boohoo violins from Miss Ripley*) ... I would be interested to know Dramabeans' take on this because Episode 2 made her want to recap the drama.

But good solid start on the ratings. Netizen reaction too seems quite good. They like it so far.

I will reserve my comments until I actually watch the episode (which probably won't be until tomorrow *turns on boohoo violins from Miss Ripley*) ... I would be interested to know Dramabeans' take on this because Episode 2 made her want to recap the drama.

I think the post when she said Lie To Me is out, Miss Ripley is in was posted before the second episode aired...

Archived