[Variety] The Birth of a Great Star 스타오디션 위대한 탄생

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

“Birth of a Great Star” contestant Noh Ji Hoon criticized for competing when he’s already debuted

2011042663677_2011042681231.jpg

It seems like Noh Ji Hoon from MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” is in some pretty hot water. Apparently, the star had already debuted in the music career back in 2009.

A representative from “Birth of a Great Star” stated, “He did not join with an entertainment company, nor did he have many promotions.” Unfortunately, it was discovered that Noh Ji Hoon released an album back in 2009, and signed a 3-year contract with UFO Entertainment.

A message from UFO Entertainment’s CEO was unearthed, which read, “Noh Ji Hoon is a kid that I am training as a singer. Please vote for him.”

For those of you who are wondering why this could be a big scandal, “Birth of a Great Star” is a reality show based on having contestants compete against each other to gain a chance at becoming a singer. Noh Ji Hoon made it to the Top 8, and was chosen by Bang Shi Hyuk before being eliminated last week.

Bang Shi Hyuk tried to cover up for Noh Ji Hoon by stating, “There is no rule stating that people who released an album cannot compete in this program.” However, netizens feel differently.

They stated, “This program is for the ‘ordinary’ people to compete in, not people like Noh Ji Hoon, who have already had been trained”, “It’s unfair for a person who received professional training to compete against ‘ordinary’ people who did not receive any training”, and “Because of Noh Ji Hoon, some other contestant was unable to compete.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/birth-of-a-great-star-contestant-noh-ji-hoon-criticized-for-competing-when-hes-already-debuted

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

No Ji Hoon and David Oh of “Birth of a Star” grab some coffee together

36776808.4.jpg

A photo of No Ji Hoon and David Oh, contestants on “Birth of a Star“, is making the rounds on various internet communities.

The picture shows the two having a cup of coffee together, and fans are noticing how natural they look compared to how they appear on the show. One fan commented, “They have idol poses.”

No Ji Hoon recently left the show after a cover of “Come” by Se7en, and David has gone on to the final 6.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/no-ji-hoon-and-david-oh-of-birth-of-a-star-grab-some-coffee-together

David Oh celebrates his entry into the 4th round with Bang Shi Hyuk

201104300823131001_1.jpg

Star Audition: Birth of a Star panelist Bang Shi Hyuk recently tweeted a photo of himself and contestant David Oh celebrating his entry into the 4th round.

He posted, “Hahahahaha Thank you all!” along with a picture of the two smiling and laughing hard after David passed.

Fans seeing the tweet responded, “Keke Do you like it that much?” “Bang mentor is excited Keke,” and “I’ll be looking forward to your next performance.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/david-oh-celebrates-his-entry-into-the-4th-round-with-bang-shi-hyuk

Guest adikkeluangman

Who’s the next contestant to be eliminated?

MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” eliminated another popular contestant this week. Unfortunately, it was David Oh who got the axe this time around.

On May 6th, the competition for the Top 5 contestants took place, for which David Oh decided to cover Sharp’s “After the Play Has Ended” to show off his sweet appeal.

Unlike his usual strong image, David Oh tried out something a little different. His mentors praised his performance with, “You have a peaceful voice” and “It seems like you are becoming a lot more stable”. However, one judge commented, “I’m kind of disappointed. I wish you chose a song that would make your attractiveness stand out more.”

With the mentor’s scores, David Oh ranked 3rd and had a high possibility of continuing onto the Top 4. However, due to text message votes, David Oh ended up being eliminated. Upon hearing the verdict, David Oh stated, “I would like to thank everyone, especially Teacher Bang Shi Hyuk.”

Holding back tears, he continued, “This is only my first step. I will pursue my music career in Korea. I want to thank all my fans who came here. You gave me a lot of support.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/spoiler-birth-of-a-great-star-whos-the-next-contestant-to-be-eliminated

Who landed the top spot this week?

MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” saw some stellar performances this week, but none could best contestant Shayne, who received top honors and high praise from the judges.

On May 6th, the competition for the Top 5 took place, for which Shayne chose to cover Shim Soo Bong’s “That Time, The Person”. To make this classic ballad fit his style, he infused a jazz twist to the song, which resulted in a fantasy-like performance.

His mentors praised, “Your darkish appeal gave a big help to you.” “This was a beautiful performance.” and “It was good to see you mature as a performer.”

Lee Eun Mi especially expressed lavish praise, and said, “This performance was better than what I expected. Your sensible expression of the song really touched my heart.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/spoiler-birth-of-a-great-star-shayne-lands-top-spot-this-week

Guest adikkeluangman

Baek Ji Young hints at her new album with a photo from the recording studio

20110510132508588.jpg

Singer Baek Ji Young teased fans about her new album by posting a picture taken at her recording studio.

She snapped this cozy photo with composer Bang Shi Hyuk, who’s in charge of this album’s production, and Noh Ji Hoon, her pupil from MBC’s ‘Birth of a Great Star’.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/baek-ji-young-hints-at-her-new-album-with-a-photo-from-the-recording-studio

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kwon Ri Sae criticized for her lip synched performance

20110604_1307162162_21793400_1.jpg

“MBC’s Birth of a Great Star” contestant, Kwon Ri Sae is receiving some criticism for her performance of Lee Hyori’s “U-Go-Girl”.

On June 3rd, “Birth of Great Star” held a “Great Concert” for the TOP12 contestants including: Kwon Ri Sae, Lee Tae Kwon, Son Jin Young, Jo Hyung Woo, Hwang Ji Hwan, Shayne, Jung Hee Joo, Baek Sae Eun, Kim Hye Ri, Noh Ji Hoon, David Oh, and Baek Chung Gang. Among the amazing performances, Kwon Ri Sae performed Lee Hyori’s hit track, “U-Go-Girl”.

With her outgoing expression and confident performance, on the surface it seemed that Kwon Ri Sae had improved tremendously. Also, her vivid color makeup and outfit added an extra bit of ‘fun’ to the stage. However, a problem arose because Kwon Ri Sae had actually lip lynched throughout the song.

Some netizens who saw this performance criticized her for her lip synched performance stating, “Did she only practice on her looks, dance, and fashion?” “This performance was not for a survival program where the vocal skills is the most important factor.” “It was weird that only Kwon Ri Sae lip synched.”

However, other netizens supported Kwon Ri Sae stating, “For a star, having the correct stage manner is important” “It was sad to see her lip synching but her Barbie-doll like makeup and outfit made her performance outstanding.” “She might have had another reason. It’s not good to criticize her like this.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/kwon-ri-sae-criticized-for-her-lip-synched-performance

Guest adikkeluangman

Baek Chung Gang keeps his promise to donate part of his prize money

20110527_1306490968_66645900_1.jpg?1307464327

The winner of MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star”, Baek Chung Gang, has revealed that he intends to keep his promise to donate his prize money.

Baek Chung Gang visited the Sang Rok Orphanage on June 8th, where he made a donation of 40,000,000 won. He also donate clothes, shoes, and other fashion accessories for the children.

During a past episode of “Birth of a Great Star”, Baek Chung Gang was asked about what he would do with the money if he won, to which he replied, “I want to donate to an orphanage or to less fortunate people. I have no greed. Also, it will be weird if I keep all that of that money to myself. If I win, I wish to donate the money.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/baek-chung-gang-keeps-his-promise-to-donate-part-of-his-prize-money

David Oh joins Big Hit Entertainment

201106075014473.jpg

Looks like MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” contestant, David Oh, will continue his music career in Korea!

On June 7th, Big Hit Entertainment revealed, “We have signed a contract with producer Bang Shi Hyuk’s student and “Birth of a Great Star’ contestant, David Oh. We will work hard to help David Oh become a wonderful musician.” Big Hit Entertainment manages many skilled musicians like 8eight, Lim Jeong Hee, and 2AM.

David Oh shared his thoughts on finally getting to kickstart his new career: “I signed with this company because of producer Bang Shi Hyuk’s trust and affections for me. I am so honored and happy that he will forever be my mentor.”

After hearing the news, netizens congratulated David Oh with “Good luck David Oh!” “We will soon be hearing a hit song”, and “David Oh, please let us hear many good songs!”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/david-oh-joins-big-hit-entertainment

“Birth of a Great Star” contestants take a trip to the amusement park

20110607_1307443924_16915100_1.jpg

It looks like the contestants of MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” took a trip to the amusement park to let out some steam!

On June 7th, some pictures of Kim Jung In, Son Jin Young, Baek Chung Gang, Jo Hyung Woo, Jung Hee Joo, Yang Jung Mo, Lee Tae Kwon, and Hwang Ji Hwan were uploaded onto the web. Reportedly, they were taken after the contestants performed at the “Great Concert” on June 3rd.

In the photos, netizens were able to see Lee Tae Kwon, Baek Chung Gang, Yang Jung Mo, and Jung Hee Joo smiling cheekily with pink and red spangled headbands.

Fans were especially happy to see Baek Chung Gang’s bright grin.

In another photo, Lee Tae Kwon, Son Jin Young, Yang Jung Mo, Jo Hyung Woo, and Baek Chung Gang were snapped looking slightly nervous as they waited for the ride to start.

Since they’ve been under pressure for a while now, it’s great to see that all the contestants are able to have a great time together.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/birth-of-a-great-star-contestants-take-a-trip-to-the-amusement-park

Guest adikkeluangman

What will Baek Chung Gang do now that he’s won “Birth of a Great Star”?

118711_92602_4613.jpg

The winner of MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star”, Baek Chung Gang, has unfortunately been called back to China due to issues with his visa.

Baek Chung Gang’s status in Korea was that of a visitor, and so when his visa expired, the star suddenly found himself facing a problem. Since Baek Chung Gang wants to pursue a music career in Korea, he will experience future complications if he merely extends the visa.

Consequently, netizens are predicting that Baek Chung Gang will apply for a green card in Korea. If he does receive a one, Baek Chung Gang will be able to maintain his Chinese citizenship while being able to freely pursue his music career in Korea.

However, according to one “Birth of a Great Star” representative, “Baek Chung Gang does need to take actions with regards to his visa, but I have yet to hear anything about him getting a green card. Baek Chung Gang is leaving for China so that he will find solutions to his visa problems, and will return shortly after to Korea.”

Baek Chung Gang will be returning to China with his parents on June 10th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/what-will-baek-chung-gang-do-now-that-hes-won-birth-of-a-great-star

Guest adikkeluangman

“Birth of a Great Star” contestant Yoon Gun Hee signs with Cube Entertainment

1307759938418.jpg

It’s been announced that “Birth of a Great Star” contestant, Yoon Gun Hee, has signed a contract with Cube Entertainment!

Cube Entertainment’s representatives stated, “We have recently signed Yoon Gun Hee onto our label, and he has already begun his training. Yoon Gun Hee has great vocal talent and we definitely feel that he has the potential to grow.”

Yoon Gun Hee’s mentor, Shin Seung Hoon, jubilantly shared the news during his own concert on June 10th. Fans are now looking forward to seeing how he’ll fare as the new Cube Entertainment family member.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/birth-of-a-great-star-contestant-yoon-gun-hee-signs-with-cube-entertainment

Guest adikkeluangman

“Birth of a Great Star” contestant Noh Ji Hoon signs with Cube Entertainment

Cube Entertainment seems to be sweeping up every new talent out there! Following the addition of MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star” contestant Yoon Gun Hee, fellow contestant Noh Ji Hoon has also been revealed to be joining the Cube family.

On June 16th, representatives of Cube Entertainment revealed, “Noh Ji Hoon had his potential as a star largely recognized through ‘Birth of a Great Star.’ He will now become a family member of B2ST, 4minute, and G.NA. We will do our best in supporting his growth as an Asian star.”

They continued, “Like B2ST, 4minute, and G.NA, Noh Ji Hoon has the ability to perform and sing live at the same time.”

Noh Ji Hoon himself commented, “I’m now a Cube family member. I’m very excited and I promise to work hard. I will repay all of the support I’ve received from everyone by becoming a great singer.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/birth-of-a-great-star-contestant-noh-ji-hoon-signs-with-cube-entertainment

Guest adikkeluangman

Bang Shi Hyuk, David Oh, & Noh Ji Hoon take a ‘family portrait’ for “Cosmopolitan”

201106180827541002_1.jpg

‘Cosmopolitan’ magazine featured a special ‘family portrait’ with some castmates from MBC’s “Birth of a Great Star“!

Mentor Bang Shi Hyuk participated in an interview and photoshoot with his two students, Noh Ji Hoon and David Oh.

Fans immediately noticed the warm atmosphere of the shot, and commented on how their smiles bore a strong resemblance to one another’s.

Bang Shi Hyuk said, “As a life senior, I always want to give them advice. Since David Oh is a singer-songwriter, I hope to create an environment for him that allows him to pursue what he wants.”

Netizens commented, “They really look like family”, and “They’ve gotten more handsome since ‘Birth of a Great Star.’”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/bang-shi-hyuk-david-oh-noh-ji-hoon-take-a-family-portrait-for-cosmopolitan

• 2 months later...

Archived