STREAMING MUSIC ONLINE

Guest mayo

and on the phone
Anyone know where I can listen to music online now?

I've been a last.fm listener for years, recently, I just got an iPhone. I thought the two worked perfectly, until recently, I got an email saying their services wont be free anymore. :(

So far, the apps/websites I listen to are:

last.fm

pandora

radio.com (for iPhone)

tuneIn radio (for iPhone)

anyone know any other cool music streaming websites/programs/apps i, or any other music freak, should know about?

Subscription-based: 

Mog

Slacker

Rdio

Websites (no apps):

Songza - like Pandora but with virtually no ads. 

As much as I like independent bands, most of them sound the same and it bugs me. Personal no to places like Stumbleaudio, 8tracks, hypemachine, Grooveshark, etc but it might appease someone else. 

I can't speak for anyone else but the subscription plans are too cheap to fuss over. Pandora and Last.fm cost less than a cup of coffee for a month of service. MOG is $5 for non-mobile 320kbps streaming, $10 for mobile use. 

Wait, it's just their music streaming service right?

If you live in the UK, France, Sweden, Norway, Finland or the Netherlands, I recommend Spotify. You'll have to download it, but it's free.

Last.fm on a mobile device is going to be subscription-based. The normal radio will continue to function for free, supported by ads. 

Spotify is rumored to cross the Atlantic in a few weeks. They're raising capital and trying to close a deal with the big four record companies in the dawn of Apple's potential cloud-based streaming service (using what they acquired from the Lala.com buyout). 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hophip27

Music brings joy, fun and amusement in our life and it has also the power to touch the emotions... So any one suggest me where can i get good music online?

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived