[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest bashful

YS is always making NN cry...such a bad guy.....I understand he scare about they future and making promise that he could keep but still....this is too much.....

This is out of topic but I sure you have all noticed that in most Kdrama...if the drama is a big hit it always the male lead who get more attention and gets acknowledged. .................

Back to the topic...I hope NN could accept YS back in the end....4 more eps to go and their romance scenes are still lacking......wonder if they will have another kiss or bed scene....well maybe another kiss but most likely no bed scene.lol

I feel so sad for NN in these eps...but I know it's hard on YS too but still he created it himself.

i've been a silent lurker of this thread and i really love city hunter..minho's acting is awesome superb for his age..i keep on asking myself how can a 24 yr. old guy like him be such a good actor..but i was also wondering  if the director and writers of this drama are a big fan of boys over flowers  or are they really that in despair to show the chemistry between the lead actor and actress or they can't think of original ideas to attract the viewers to show the romantic side of city hunter .

I'm sorry but i was loling reading the line

" are they really that in despair to show the chemistry between the lead actor and actress or they can't think of original ideas"

I have been watching Korean dramas for the past ten years and trust me there's no such thing as 'ORIGINAL' for these dramas have a template on how their love story will run. It is more on the execution, script and the real chemistry between actors that a certain love line will work to the advantage of the show. I have watched BOF only for the parts of Kim Bum and his love interest Kim So Eun but not the main leads because i couldnt take how Go Hye Sun portrayed Jandi and the fact that I have watched the Taiwanese and Japanese versions of the drama prior the Korean one.

Im not saying this because i ship Minho and Minyoung on screen but I do think their chemistry is enough to sustain a stable love line on this show but then again it will boil down to one's own preference.

Now off to my spazz LOL....

@OTCHO: Woman thank you so much for the recapping I bow to your patience! hehe....good luck with your review

@dramaok: thanks for the lines!!!! finally i can understand it better and my eyes were puffy because of those scenes. Damn this show is threatening our OTP!

@Minie: OMFG i was so disappointed that HAN RIVER didnt have a goodbye kiss scene.psh.

SHOW! you are threatening my OTP!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyy???!

I feel so bad for Kim Nana i want to punch the screen but I understand why YS is doing it because he loves her thus not wanting her to be hurt in the latter. It pains me so damn much specially on the crying scenes but what I love the most was NaNa's reaction after YS shunned her away. I so love how she was firm in avoiding him and that says a lot of her character that even if it hurts so bad she can live her life without YS. 

Damn, the beans part. XDDD So daddy is the President eh? i was actually still hoping that it would be JP. For all the painful years he had I want JP to finally be able to love YS mother and be reciprocated for his affection. XD

Who would die in the show, i hate to say this but possibilities would be JP, President, YS Mom and Yunsung......

but show, i still hope i can have a my OTP together in the very end if not can I still have that BED SCENE? lol

for some goodies!

Coming to like someone in life, I never imagined it even once. But, now that I think about how hard it would be for you if something were to happen to me. I can’t take it. The memories between you and I, I don’t want to leave them behind. Kim Nana, I like you.

tumblr_loce0gAvCy1qzod0qo1_r1_500.gif

Can’t you just tell me once that you will come back to me? If you don’t answer me now… even if you return to me in the future, I will not accept you. I really really won’t. After it all ends..can’t you just say that to me? Please. Just these words.

tumblr_locgugeSMR1qal0zgo1_500.gif

BAD richard simmons KIM NANA and YUNSUNG's reaction.heh

tumblr_locid8K7CT1qcyne0.giftumblr_locidrJEO41qcyne0.gif

episode 15

tumblr_locg6hAvT21qasmyno1_500.gif

credit: frekkenbok, vasoli, foreverlaur

i dont think JP is YS's real father.

The fact that he also don't like to eat certain food doesn't makes YS Jinpyo's son. Since he took YS away from YS mother since as a baby, his eating habits will always be followed by YS. if the chef knows that JP doesn't like to eat this food, they will not cook it and YS having not tried it, may not like it as well.

Moreover, in epi 15, when YS was sleeping on the same bed with his mother, KH told YS that when they are well, they can go and pray to his late father. When saying that, KH didn't have any awkward expression..so i don't think she could say that if YS isn't her husband's son.

I feels that it could be JP who likes YS's mom but YS's mom likes YS's dad and the 3 of them are good friends, that's how JP appeared in YS's parents' wedding photo.

Maybe the scriptwriter just wanted to distract the viewers...haha.... :lol:

it is frustrating, but i think it's realistic.

YS knows he could die at any given moment.

YS loves NN, and if you love someone, would you want that person to be with you to die together?

or would you want that person to go on and live a normal happy life?

YS denying NN is very painful for NN but even more painful for YS, in my opinion.

YS is surrendering to his fate... and not fighting for him and NN... hopelessness is the saddest thing there is.

this is when NN needs to be the strong one for them and stick to him like double bubble gum so YS has no chance to talk or think.

YS basically told NN he likes her, but he can't let her go easily, so he's asking her to quit him first, to let him go first.

----------------------

I have to say Lee Min Ho's sad eyes are really getting to me. i'm like so sad that he's sad.

*quoted image*

*quoted image**quoted image*

*quoted image**quoted image*

YS cannot say that to NN,

because YS does not want NN to wait... til eternity.

Hello Hunters!  really love reading all the comments here.  After reading your translation now i hate YS more for making KNN so sad.  You want KNN to be safe and happy but do you think with those words that you utter it's not killing her softly?  How can you be happy without love she even risk her life for you what more can you ask for? YS i want to sing the song of Katy Perry to you. 

"'Cause you're hot and you're cold

You're yes and you're no

You're in and you're out

You're up and you're down"

I don't know how to react about the President as YS father.  What if KNN became the bodyguard of the President?  Oh my City Hunter is really haunting my imagination now.

Love this MVid  YS AND PMY MAKES ME SMILE!  smile.gif

Guest chloe.c

I REALLYYYY DO NOTTTT CARE WHO HIS FATHER IS. I duno man, but the president being his father is more 'interesting' than JP being his father. At least I assume JP was YS' father FIRST and not the president... which means it's less predictable. Sure it might be all screwed up and all, but IMO more interesting..

but seriously. WHATEVER. Do whatever you want with that.

BUT WHAT I CARE ABOUT IS MY OTP :'(

I NEEED THEM TO END UP TOGETHER AND LOVE EACH OTHER HAPPILY EVER AFTER. I do not want to hear anything about their deaths. If it needs to come to a magician randomly appearing and going ABRACADABRA and their lives change and they live happily ever after together forever, then SO BE IT. JUST DOOO ITTTTTT :(:(:(:(

I think JP will die. Not sure about the mother, but perhaps her too, since she is sick after all.

But NANA AND YS... NEED TO END UP TOGETHER.

Seriously. If one of them die or they don't end up together, the drama will turn from the best of 2011 to 'only OK drama' =="

Since LMH says it's a twisted ending and supposed to be like 'unpredictable' then I certainly hope that we get a nice suprising HAPPY ending, since everyone predicts it's gonna be SAD and all. SIGH.

Guest dracog

earlier in the series JP said by kidnapping YS then it will be the cruelest revenge ever. if president is really YS dad then it is indeed the cruelest. you just know ur own father and yet you were told by the "father" who raised you since you are little to take down your real father. but i prefer YS to be JP son or MY son, not the president, because it will only drive him crazy i think

((( Episodes 01-16 )))

"City Hunter (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ City Hunter Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter/posts/7777-city-hunter-2011-viki-softsubs

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services...

MU Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

FS Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosts...

MegaUpload Folder | FileServe Folder | MediaFire Folder

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SWTCH.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E03.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E04.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E06.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E07.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E08.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E09.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E10.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

Thanks to omgsun for covering for Ahoxan for this week. :)

SWTCH.E11.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E12.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E13.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E14.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E15.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

SWTCH.E16.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

NOTE: ViKi Softsubs synced to 720p-HanSun by BaekSoo are in Softsubs Folders

i've been a silent lurker of this thread and i really love city hunter..minho's acting is awesome superb for his age..i keep on asking myself how can a 24 yr. old guy like him be such a good actor..but i was also wondering  if the director and writers of this drama are a big fan of boys over flowers  or are they really that in despair to show the chemistry between the lead actor and actress or they can't think of original ideas to attract the viewers to show the romantic side of city hunter ..its been 2 years already why is it that there are a lot of scenes from this drama that was taken from bof..and even one of the highlight of bof i saw it too in city hunter the throwing of eggs and flour on jandi they did it too on nana..they really made it look like a spinof of bof..hmm that is why probably i was able to watch city hunter because it gives me the memoirs of bof..

but anyway i still love it and will watch it to the end because i love bof too..

I watch "City Hall" and there's also throwing of eggs and flour scene on Kim Sun Ah. But i never felt that the writers put that scene to show the chemistry of LMH and PMY.  Good for me i have not seen any shows of them i just watch it after seeing the trailer.  But after watching the first episode got hooked already and you cannot deny the chemistry between LMH and PMY on and off screen.  

My problem now is that i'm loving them more and i don't want City Hunter to end. Every scene where YS and KNN makes my heart beating fast even when they're fighting.  My point of view. *quoted image*

I'm sorry but i was loling reading the line

" are they really that in despair to show the chemistry between the lead actor and actress or they can't think of original ideas"

I have been watching Korean dramas for the past ten years and trust me there's no such thing as 'ORIGINAL' for these dramas have a template on how their love story will run. It is more on the execution, script and the real chemistry between actors that a certain love line will work to the advantage of the show. I have watched BOF only for the parts of Kim Bum and his love interest Kim So Eun but not the main leads because i couldnt take how Go Hye Sun portrayed Jandi and the fact that I have watched the Taiwanese and Japanese versions of the drama prior the Korean one.

Im not saying this because i ship Minho and Minyoung on screen but I do think their chemistry is enough to sustain a stable love line on this show but then again it will boil down to one's own preference.

What I dislike most in writers are their lack of originality. I thought I was the only one who noticed that there were many scenes similar to BOF until I read prettywiz' comments.  At the end of episode 11 when Nana was shot, I was thinking aloud “oh no, the writer’s not going there”.  But alas, she did.  If anyone had seen episode 12 of BOF, you’ll know what I mean.  If those two scenes in BOF and City Hunter were to run side by side, it would be very obvious as they’re eerily similar, from the darkened room to the actions that took place.  In BOF, Jandi protected Jun Pyo when he was about to be hit with a chair so that she took the blow herself and fainted.  I've watched this particular scene many times because of LMH's acting, the almost crazed look in his eyes as he rocked Jandi, calling her name over and over was just riveting.  This scene was very similar in City Hunter except that Nana was shot instead of being hit by a chair.

The throwing of the eggs and flour was also one of the highlights in BOF and I’m amazed why they’re showing this in City Hunter.

kdrama_lovers2011, you made mention that there was also an egg and flour scene in City Hall and I understand your point but LMH did not appear in City Hall so you cannot use it as a comparison.  However, LMH appeared on both BOF and City Hunter and since BOF was a one of the most popular and highly rated drama that launched the careers of LMH and GHS, it is very difficult not to compare the two.

This is unfortunate because the writer should have written scenes that are unique to City Hunter so that when you watched them, you immediately think of YS and Nana.  

Guest crazypilovee

During the river scene, NN told YS to ask her to wait for him or else if he does come back to her at a later date, she won't accept him....so does that mean NN will reject YS when he comes crawling back to her? -_-

haha i feel like NN will still take YS back, even tho she's a strong girl love is love & u can't change that :3 (at least in kdramas)

and just for argument's sake, i have a question to all of you hunters here:

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL DIE BY THE END OF THIS DRAMA??

options: YS's mom/ JP/ president/ NN/ YS/ chairman/ NN's dad/ YJ's dad/ YJ/ other 

i'll start by saying that YS's mom will most likely die.. and JP. but this is just my feeling.

i vote for KH and JP... i still want to believe that our OTP will end up together in the end... >.<

This ep just left me speechless. Here are some of my thoughts. 1. JP stole YS knowing that he is the president's son. When he came back from the mission he went to see the president and then went to steal the baby. 2. I don't think he needed YS to remember him of his thirst of revenge, he wanted to use YS so that he could revenge his biological father, which explains his unlimited loyalty to MY. 3. It never really made sense the way he was using his best friend's son just because of the sake of revenge. As YS said to him i am just a puppet and not a son.

yea it would make more sense... and it just makes me perceive JP as that much more cruel. although it's clear that JP cares for YS (the landmine & hand-stabbing parts among others), i just don't understand why JP insists on making YS's life such a twisted hell.

I seriously hope The President isnt YS father. It would be a big mess if he were and I dont think the Writer would make DH"s crush on YS that visible.. IT"d just be wrong.. ;D

This drama will stay in my heart forever. Every episode is a pleasure to watch and it is one of the best dramas i"ve watched,and I"ve watched A LOT of them xD

While I do really want a happy ending,I"d be sattisfied with an open one. It would mean that the writer gave an opportunity to every fan so he can imagine an ending that fits. I thought about LMH"s comment on the ending and one idea crossed y mind: YJ takes over the CityHunter role and NN and YS meet at the temple on new year"s eve.. hahah i"m seriously loving our OTP,and today"s episode made me cry ): KNN is such a strong character and she loves YS so much,she would rather see it was her who"s suffering instead of YS.. And YS feels the same way. These sacrifices OTP do always get to me ^^

Ok now its time for my "a week until next City Hunter episode" rehab plan. It"s sooooo hard ):

Dear Hunters,I really enjoy reading your posts and story analyses,thank you for sharing your thoughts ^^

haha yea i've watched hundreds (literally) of dramas and this is one of my faves! i would like a happy ending but an open one at this point is good too (over a sad one =[ )

Cut to year's end. Nana, heartbroken, comes to the temple to keep her promise.  She pulls out a photo of YS and his mom. She is talking to YS -about his mom and JP doing well in the country, ahjusshi has gone back to his family and her father has awakened, showing signs of improvement everyday.  She speaks of her love for him, even though he had rough manners.  Through her tears, she sees a dark figure approach.  The bells start to toll.  It is YS!

lol that'd be such a good HAPPY ending.... but if half of these things happen (ok jst the OTP part) i'd be happy! well i don't know about KH & JP living together haha..

@ aminta25:

AGB Nielsen

City Hunter 19.2(nationwide)/19.8(seoul)

TNmS

City Hunter 17.5(nationwide)/18.8(seoul)

from webby's post on the last page

i'm also very saddened by the Han River scene.... a prime example of the want to be together but can't type of torturous love! T^T

just four more episodes.. i'm gonna be so sad when this is over :'( i love all the character developments (except SH needs more airtime!) & how well the actors portray them to the expected complexity!

Guest samgirl

i give up trying to piece together who YS's father is.I just want these two fools to have a happy ending. maybe YS will come home to Nana after all this.

Guest miniejungle

How about this for an alternate ending... there's a time jump to like 2039 or whatever. We are taken to a house. Both KH and Nana are looking considerably older, laughing/cooking/whatever... camera pans to a photo of YS at his present age at an altar, indicating he's passed. Then it pans to someone sitting on the floor reading a diary. He shuts it and raises his head and it looks just like YS (It's a drama). He gets up, walks into a room, pulls out a mask and wears it. Credits roll.

lol... okay, I am bored :D

clock, i actually liked your ending... but before they kill off YS I still want a hot make-out scene (or else how are we to get his offspring?????) :P to let him die will be a real pity but at this moment i really have a bad feeling abt a possible sad ending :( can't stand this thought though.

Episode 16 - July 14, 20011

AGB Nielsen

City Hunter 19.2(nationwide)/19.8(seoul)

TNmS

City Hunter 17.5(nationwide)/18.8(seoul)

now, what i am itching to find out is how will YS learn of his birth father, assuming it's the president and when. I kinda hope the president extending him the book at the end of today's epi will rouse YS's suspicion. I'd rather YS himself finds out before the revenge plot unfolds further, than to have he himself target the president bring him to public shame and then have JP reveal the truth on him. That would be utterly cruel!!! I'm also assuming that JP's revenge is solely on the 5 targets and doesn't include YS. In that case, perhaps he wasn't thinking abt revealing YS's real dad to YS at all, but just to have the president know before his death?

strange ratings dropped when i thought yesterday's episode was really good albeit so sad. thanks webby!

i still can't stomach the idea of the president being YS's biological dad but if it's really the case YS would be so crushed. you reckon JP knew? i was just thinking to myself that the ring might be something that the president would recognise if he sees Nana wearing it later on (provided YS gave it to her) and from there trace out YS's identity. You think it makes sense???

@Minie: OMFG i was so disappointed that HAN RIVER didnt have a goodbye kiss scene.psh.

SHOW! you are threatening my OTP!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyy???!

leslie, i was expecting him to turn back, hug her and kiss as what was mentioned on blog.daum but somehow it didn't happen that way - gosh made me sit up in bed, bit my pillow and then scream in frustration when he left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was literally chanting "turn back, YS, kiss her" and was sooooooo disappointed the scene ended there!!! :tears:

i dont think JP is YS's real father.

Maybe the scriptwriter just wanted to distract the viewers...haha.... :lol:

Yon, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!! i haven't seen you for a while, how have you been dear???? :D

Well, I just finished epi 16.  Thanks viki!

*Sighs*  This is not going to end well for several ppl.

The entitlement mentality of the targets is so stark and interesting.  It's like they do not possess a conscience, at all....  What happened to these men?

YS was not destined to do this revenge; crazy JP made him do this and screwed up his mind.  [Does the scriptwriter hate you?  I'm beginning to wonder....lol]

In the beginning of episode 16 and the ending of episode 15, what was it that the Detective said to YS on the ending of episode 15?? And when all the dramatic music playing, and when YS paused when he was walking up the steps??

Thank You

Guest dramaok

but i was also wondering if the director and writers of this drama are a big fan of boys over flowers or are they really that in despair to show the chemistry between the lead actor and actress or they can't think of original ideas to attract the viewers to show the romantic side of city hunter ..its been 2 years already why is it that there are a lot of scenes from this drama that was taken from bof..and even one of the highlight of bof i saw it too in city hunter the throwing of eggs and flour on jandi they did it too on nana..they really made it look like a spinof of bof..hmm that is why probably i was able to watch city hunter because it gives me the memoirs of bof..

but anyway i still love it and will watch it to the end because i love bof too..

The throwing of the eggs and flour was also one of the highlights in BOF and I’m amazed why they’re showing this in City Hunter.

kdrama_lovers2011, you made mention that there was also an egg and flour scene in City Hall and I understand your point but LMH did not appear in City Hall so you cannot use it as a comparison.  However, LMH appeared on both BOF and City Hunter and since BOF was a one of the most popular and highly rated drama that launched the careers of LMH and GHS, it is very difficult not to compare the two.

This is unfortunate because the writer should have written scenes that are unique to City Hunter so that when you watched them, you immediately think of YS and Nana.  

throwing eggs on people was not invented by City Hall or BOF.

nor are they the only dramas that show them. even KBS President showed it not long ago.

every year or two at least one drama shows it.

it's an actual form of protest (and felony) that's been around for ages.

even recently, this week, Lady Gaga was egged in Australia. Justin Bieber a few months ago.

Famous ppl like microsoft exec. Steve Ballmer and infamous star/governor/cheater Arnold Schwarzenegger as well,

just to name a few.

it's also a genuine form of protest used in Korea. civil groups have been doing this to elected officials, justices, and various parliament leaders,

or candidates, as well as business giants, to show their protest.

it is also done from anti-fans to various stars. Yoon Eun Hye is a famous example. she got egged and thrown varous foods at while she was a Baby Vox.

In today's episode. President's daughter Choi Da Hye said she had an "anti-fan" site and also a .com site.

a .com site is a recent trend in Korea, where ppl who are extreme anti's of a said website's named person log real-time activities of the person.

they collect and post all sorts of malicious rumors to target the said person. Da Hye is a victim of this, and as her bodyguard, Nana took the eggs in her place.

Just like Lady Gaga's bodyguard got the eggs, and so forth.

sure, there might be coincidences in Kdramas. actually there are a lot. but all in all, most of them portray some kind of push-and-pull relationship between a man and a woman falling in love, overcoming their obstacles and strolling around Seoul. Seoul is a pretty big city, but it's not that big. you're gonna see Han River in all the dramas and you're probably gonna see a lot of similaries that aren't necessarily plagiarized.

i think overall, City Hunter sets itself apart from other k-dramas by quite a bit.

they are tackling a lot of real-life issues, such as half-priced tuition promise, election bribery, prosecution bribery, labor union protests, student sit-ins, and most recently, in today's episode the issue of industrial environmental violations.

here are some links for anyone who's interested:

Seoul college students vow to go on strike for tuition cut <- 2011/06/07

Samsung study rejects claims semiconductor plants caused cancers <- Thu Jul 14, 2011

Female South Korean lawmaker may be tougher than the military <- Nov 08, 2010

throwing eggs on people was not invented by City Hall or BOF.

nor are they the only dramas that show them. even KBS President showed it not long ago.

every year or two at least one drama shows it.

it's an actual form of protest (and felony) that's been around for ages.

even recently, this week, Lady Gaga was egged in Australia. Justin Bieber a few months ago.

Famous ppl like microsoft exec. Steve Ballmer and infamous star/governor/cheater Arnold Schwarzenegger as well,

just to name a few.

it's also a genuine form of protest used in Korea. civil groups have been doing this to elected officials, justices, and various parliament leaders,

or candidates, as well as business giants, to show their protest.

it is also done from anti-fans to various stars. Yoon Eun Hye is a famous example. she got egged and thrown varous foods at while she was a Baby Vox.

In today's episode. President's daughter Choi Da Hye said she had an "anti-fan" site and also a .com site.

a .com site is a recent trend in Korea, where ppl who are extreme anti's of a said website's named person log real-time activities of the person.

they collect and post all sorts of malicious rumors to target the said person. Da Hye is a victim of this, and as her bodyguard, Nana took the eggs in her place.

Just like Lady Gaga's bodyguard got the eggs, and so forth.

sure, there might be coincidences in Kdramas. actually there are a lot. but all in all, most of them portray some kind of push-and-pull relationship between a man and a woman falling in love, overcoming their obstacles and strolling around Seoul. Seoul is a pretty big city, but it's not that big. you're gonna see Han River in all the dramas and you're probably gonna see a lot of similaries that aren't necessarily plagiarized.

i think overall, City Hunter sets itself apart from other k-dramas by quite a bit.

they are tackling a lot of real-life issues, such as half-priced tuition promise, election bribery, prosecution bribery, labor union protests, student sit-ins, and most recently, in today's episode the issue of industrial environmental violations.

Unfortunately, that's not how I see it and I'm just voicing my own impression.   I'm a huge BOF fan and when I watched those scenes in City Hunter, the similarities were just so transparent I can't help but be reminded of BOF.  And the reason for that is pretty obvious, LMH appeared in both dramas.

CITY HUNTER

lmhcityhunter.jpg

BOF

lmhbof.jpg

sheherizade3

you mention some scenes looking familiar to other dramas, that's sort of like saying kimchi!? but i swear i saw kimchi in that other drama?! what's going on here?!! they're totally redoing that scene?!!!

similarities vs. situations of the drama's atmosphere/tone

for example. BOF JD blocked the chair from hitting JP because of a psychologically broken girl vs. a life and death situation which the chair becomes an inanimate object because a few more seconds later Nana gets shot.

sure they can look similar especially if the actor is in both of the comparing dramas

but it just to me seems trivial

it is frustrating, but i think it's realistic.

YS knows he could die at any given moment.

YS loves NN, and if you love someone, would you want that person to be with you to die together?

or would you want that person to go on and live a normal happy life?

YS denying NN is very painful for NN but even more painful for YS, in my opinion.

YS is surrendering to his fate... and not fighting for him and NN... hopelessness is the saddest thing there is.

this is when NN needs to be the strong one for them and stick to him like double bubble gum so YS has no chance to talk or think.

YS: everday, a hundred times. no, a thousand times...

I resent meeting you and knowing you.

you are someone i resent meeting.

you are like a nightmare.

go back to before you met me.

meet a guy better than me.

live each day joyfully.

forget a punk like me.

and live life happily.

NN: that's all you can say?

breaking up, forgetting you, disappearing from you life.

i can understand all that.

but you can't say that to me.

how can you tell me to meet another guy?

YS: it's hard right now, but after some time passes...

NN: you are really cruel.

very very cruel.

just...

after your work is all finished... i'll wait.

couldn't you just come back to me?

then... i'll forget all this right now.

it's nothing hard, right?

couldn't you just tell me you'll come back to me?

if you don't say that to me right now, then i really won't accept you later on.

i really really won't.

so couldn't you just say that to me?

please?

just those words. please?

YS cannot say that to NN,

because YS does not want NN to wait... til eternity.

@dramaok - wow, thank you for interpretting this - it brought back memories of my "best friend" but now my husband. We were friends in college and when he got accepted for the Master program, he basically told me almost what YS said to Nana. He told me we have to stop being friends and for me to find some else. With the Master program, you either make it or fail and he can't afford to flunk out of this program. The Master program is with a Major private college here in the US. He said there will be time where I won't see or hear from him - lock up in the libary doing papers. Also he has to meet quite often with his professor. He just can't be distracted. He was very blunt with what he said. Guys are like that - talk very honestly and to the fact. Whereas us girl we have the emotion side that usually don't understand. To make the story short, I did not hear or speak with him for over 2 years. When he finally got his Master, I was his first contact, etc.

I cried with Nana but I understand why YS had to do what he had to do. He cannot have distractions on what he needs to do.