[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Im quoting JzzMeen of PMY thread...as pointed out by Autumn Bliss there are some bashing against PMY's portrayal of KIM NANA and sad to say that it reached her. I really feel bad for Minyoung, i think she's doing a decent job for KimNana and i could not imagine anyone filling her shoes for the role. I think she gives the right amount of drama,cuteness and action in this series. *sigh* Hwaiting! Besides, they're chemistry is undeniable! so id rather have that any time of the day.hmmmm

It seems that PMY gotten tons of scoldings yesterday as she has expressed during an interview that she prefers that CH have a more realistic ending, such as open-ended ending.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with her expressing her opionion about the ending, though I'd prefer a HE on top of anything else.

Seems like a open-ended ening is quite likely if based on the manga....

It seems that PMY gotten tons of scoldings yesterday as she has expressed during an interview that she prefers that CH have a more realistic ending, such as open-ended ending.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with her expressing her opionion about the ending, though I'd prefer a HE on top of anything else.

Oh really? so that's the reason why she got lots of bashing?Oh boy i find these netizens really irrational. What is wrong with expressing her opinion and I love  it to have an open-ended ending as well. Not only because it fits the image of the manga but because it allows us to have a possible SEASON 2! heh. Kidding aside i think having a more realistic ending will be like a breathe of fresh air for Korean Dramas. *sigh* Poor Minyoungie...

tumblr_lo4zqvOigQ1qb567lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lo4zpwHTZQ1qb567lo1_500.jpg

and just because i find this cute..hehe

2h549ya.jpg

Guest crazypilovee

mmm did she mention what the ending was going to be like? and what was the open-ended ending of the manga? did the CH & NN just keep on carrying out missions or something? i thought someone said they got married in the manga? haha

mmm did she mention what the ending was going to be like? and what was the open-ended ending of the manga? did the CH & NN just keep on carrying out missions or something? i thought someone said they got married in the manga? haha

In the manga, they create 'angel heart', city hunter spin off. Kaori died on their wedding day, and her heart was transplanted to a woman assassin. But since this korean drama is not really following City Hunter (manga) story line, hopefully they have a better ending.

EPISODE 15 text PREVIEW translated

"Yong-ju sees a blurry image of Yoon-sung's back but quickly loses  consciousness after. Yoon-sung hacks into Yong-ju's apartment's CCTV and  discovers that Chun Jae-man's minion attempted murder. Yong-ju wakes up  in the hospital and checks the CCTV video sent to his phone and asks  who called the ambulance for him."

^this is from my friend Amanda on twitter.Translated from BAIDU will post Korean text

EPISODE 15 text preview

의식이 가물가물한 영주는 어렴풋이 윤성의 실루엣을 보지만 금세 정신을 잃고 마는데. 한편, 윤성은 영주가 사는 오피스텔의  CCTV를 해킹해 천재만의 수하가 영주를 제거하려했다는 사실을 알게된다. 병원에서 깨어나는 영주, 핸드폰에 전송된 CCTV영상을 확인하고 자신의 사고를 신고한 사람이 누군지 묻는데...SBS   

@rhumball: GOODNESS.My heart dropped when i saw your post regarding the ending, damn.Korea dont give me that ending please. XDDDD

@Taweewee: hehe you're very welcome!

548a4a9btw1dj1ghsup1pj.jpg

@leslie_lie: I love those caps of PMY and LMH. Can you share the link to that interview, please? Thank you!

Can't Wednesday come a little bit faster??!!

Guest cjklove

Hello! First time writing but QUESTION:

In episode 14, he said, "You think of me even when you just look at coffee? It shouldn't be like that" as if she absolutely should not think of him when she looks at coffee or,basically, be reminded of him by the littlest things. Does that mean he thinks he won't make it after the end or he's still planning on leaving her in the future?!

It bugs me!

Also, I freaked after reading all of the comments about the paternity issue, but mm... it didn't seem to be that big of a reaction when YoonSung asked about the beans and his dad? Or maybe it's bias from wishful thinking. I thought that maybe she was surprised because he suddenly brought up his dad.. and casually at that. If anything.. if he does have a father besides Park MooYeol, then I think the most plausible choice is Lee JinPyo because of the way he looks at her picture so fondly. Or perhaps it could be because of their relationship (through MooYeol, I don't mean anything romantic in this case) that he does so. I didn't really see much awkwardness in the first episode between the two either. It looked more like she was surprised that he was back so casually after what happened at AungSan? Besides, she wouldn't be able to say something like "How can you be as lovely/dear as my husband?" there and he wouldn't be able to answer, "Oh. I'm getting married... blah blah blah" in a fun pouty attitude. Again, it could be that I am biased based on hopeful thinking. It's just that I've rewatched each episode at least three times (except 13 & 14).

And... no matter how I look at it, the President seems to have just been close.. as a friend/husband's-friendly-superior at the time.

And one more thing, did anyone else get chills when the mother said "I now have a reason to live," "Let's live for a very long time together" (or something similar), and when Kim NaNa took the picture of the two of them? For some reason I had a foreboding feeling... as if something will happen to the mother (it's happened in some dramas.. the scary words and the unknowingly taken picture). GYAH.

I. absolutely. love this drama. First drama in a while that's gotten me to write anything on soompi.

Oh. and about Park MinYoung's acting. I don't think she's bad at all. To me, her acting level's about the same as Lee MinHo's (please don't kill me Lee MinHo's fans). I'm just saying I'm not really dissatisfied with them. Sure, she's a bit cliche as a character, but that's the writer and plus she's a badass cliche.. not just a cliche. she doesn't freak out stupidly like some others.

She's not entirely dense (it's not like she couldn't really figured out that the playboy in her apartment is saving the country or whatever considering the number of people in the area). She's a bit proud (the money issue) but heck I'd be completely mixed with gratefulness and anger as well... after going through a ten-second shock/omg-wait-what-is-going-on moment. But she's not stupidly brave either. Sure a bit on the i-don't-need-to-be-afraid-of-anything-because-i'm-fourth-level-judo, but that is pretty good. plus she's protecting the Korean president's family. She knows that she's at least good to a certain level. Her confidence in regards to helping Lee MinHo is also because she REALLY wants to aid him in any way and make sure she's not sitting idly while he's off bleeding or something. She probably doesn't want a situation where she didn't know anything (like the Seo YongHak incident where she shot him without knowing) too. Am I just going off on my own thoughts now? Sorry.

If JP doesn't like beans, I'm sure YS would have mentioned this to his mum. This seems to establish that JP is not the biological father. But maybe this is to throw us off guard.

When the mum was saying "he saved me and you" just after YS told her about the reason for JP 's leg injury, I think she was talking of the biological father. I think he is JP.

But I also have suspicion of the President cos don't understand why JP didn't kill him when he had the chance back in 1983. Is it to bring up the son to kill his own father?

Is the 2nd lead, the female vet written out of the plot? Have not seen her for a while.

Wed n Thurs please come quickly.....

an open ending would make sense for this type of drama...you think he died, but really didn't...or something along that line....

but having a ending according to what the main character desired most, really makes it that much more satisfying to watch!

YS has always wanted to lead a normal life and live happily with the people he loves....so i really hope they do go along that path b/c after all that he's been through... it should happen for him.... but it is indeed KDRAMALAND, so we really have no idea of how things will go (e.g. 49 Days! ending still drives me somewhat nuts when i think about it! but it does make sense for the drama...but she wanted to live sooooo bad!)... i'm really really really crossing my fingers for a satisfying ending for this drama (even if it is open ended or tragic) b/c so far, it has impressed me so well with going beyond my expectations... i expect no less for the ending... no matter how it ends, it gotta make sense and be VERY SATISFYING!!! (meaning i want a happy ending too!)

edit:

also, i think the idea of the President possibly being YS's dad is very unlikely b/c the president is not that kind of person... i seriously don't think they would try to make things more crazier by adding that in... it's more likely with JP b/c clues have been slowly revealed in the past few episodes about the strong possibility of it.... only 2 more days!!!!!

Guest mochamist

They should make the open-ending with Nana's death and City Hunter continuing to be City Hunter so LMH can be in Season 2. I wouldn't mind a new heroine.

a open ending will be indeed a reasonable one since it's a manga

of cuz they can show that both YS and NN will be still alive that's it ... with all those villains being punished!

Then we will get CH every season just like the manga with upcoming more diffcult stuffs and both of then will still be a lovely couple jealously here and there...

Just like the jp manga since they are remaking from it

Dont you think that's great .. story never end for both of them

HI HUNTERS Really happy in here again ^^

Why the prev still not out *sigh*

I hope City Hunter will get season 2 it will awsome ^^

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 PM

POPULAR

View PostAutumn_Bliss, on Yesterday, 05:53 PM, said:

Oh really? so that's the reason why she got lots of bashing?Oh boy i find these netizens really irrational. What is wrong with expressing her opinion and I love it to have an open-ended ending as well. Not only because it fits the image of the manga but because it allows us to have a possible SEASON 2! heh. Kidding aside i think having a more realistic ending will be like a breathe of fresh air for Korean Dramas. *sigh* Poor Minyoungie...

Posted Image

Posted Image

and just because i find this cute..hehe

Posted Image

Snob♥Brat___Love Bugged___Teacup and Ashtray

Posted Image

Long time FAN ((Love Me)) Lucky Charm

Leslie thanks again omg is that the scene for next ep? Really can't wait Wed

They should make the open-ending with Nana's death and City Hunter continuing to be City Hunter so LMH can be in Season 2. I wouldn't mind a new heroine.

I think that won't be called City Hunter anymore..because YS + NN=City Hunter...^_^

I think that won't be called City Hunter anymore..because YS + NN=City Hunter...^_^

WORD!

Park Min Young, Goo Hara, and Hwang Seon Hee show their distinguishing characteristics in City Hunter

July 11, 2011 7:45 pm   hannacha3217

201107111125775502_1.jpg

SBS’s drama series City Hunter’s main actresses are adding  flavor to the series. These actresses, also known as “Hunter’s women,”  are Park Min Young, Goo Hara, and Hwang Seon Hee.

Kim Na Na (played by Park Min Young) is the main  source of strength  which makes “City Hunter” Lee Min Ho the way he is.  Kim Na Na’s beauty  is her confident and courageous attitude. She is  highly skilled in Judo  just like her reputation as President’s security  guard, and she does not  hide her feelings for Yun Seong (played by Lee  Min Ho).

Choi Da Hye (played by Goo Hara) shows different characteristics from   Kim Na Na. Choi is President’s youngest daughter who is stubborn, but   at the same time, innocent and lovely. Although it’s her first time   acting, Goo Hara is highly evaluated with her natural and fresh acting   skills.

Jin Se-Hui (played by Hwang Seon Hee) is Yun Seong’s secret helper.   Jin is a veterinarian who manages an animal hospital nearby the Korean   presidential residence. She is Kim Yeong Joo (played by Lee Jun Hyuk)’s   ex-wife and helps Yun Seong whenever he gets into trouble.

City Hunter’s production company says, “City Hunter isn’t   a story only about men. In the process of completing the project,   “Termination of five members,” we are trying to show real laughs, tears,   and happiness in relationships.”

City Hunter is attracting more viewers while Yun   Seong, Jin Pyo (played by Kim Sang Joong), and Yeong Joo are reaching  to  a conflict in terminating Haewon company’s President Chun Jae Man   (played by Choi Jung Woo).

Source Osen by Hanna.

Credit korea.com.

c:JZZMEEN|| PMY thread