Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

1 hour ago, lonelygoldy said:

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line. However, since I'm not 20 any longer and skin is loosing its elasticity and I lost some kgs recently, my eyes became like a bulldog, skin thinner and wrinkles sharper. I was planning a trip to Seoul in November and decided to visit several ps clinics. Didn't even try to search local ones, as I knew Seoul is the capital for plastic surgeries and I wanted a perfect result. After some time of searching and monitoring different forums and blogs, finally stopped my decision on 3 clinics (I like when have several options in advance). So I sent them my pics, got replies, decided to meet all doctors in real and set 3 different appointments. When I arrived Seoul i had my carry on with me and went straight to gangnam station area since the hospitals were there. The first was Cinderella plastic surgery, the same atmosphere as in previous clinics, but the personnel wasn't as polite, even though the doctor was quite kind and friendly. This place was very close to the station. The second place was Wonjin. The place was very nice and the staff looked very professional. There was also soo many surgeon in the place. But for consultation the doctor didn't seem very interested in my questions and seemed very busy. It just felt a bit worrisome for me. Originally I wanted to meet their famous chief surgeon but i don't think it would happen. After the consulting I felt unsure bout the place. The last was Regen. I think it was at the end of gangnam station. There was another station in front of regen but i don't remember it. Regen was just as big as wonjin so i assume then maybe their surgeons will be busy like them. I liked everything about the clinic, worker and the doctor, he answered all my questions, didn't economize his time and was quite listening well. Also before meeting the surgeon i asked the consult manager if I can meet the chief surgeon for the eye surgery and was told all foreigner get surgery by the chief surgeon. Also the surgeon I met has his face on the website and he look older so I believe he was more experienced. One thing I didn't like was i had to wait a long time for my consultation even tho i make appointment. they said the doctor was in surgery so i waited. i was kind of angry but they gave me a really long consultation too so i release my stress. So, I made my choice on Regen. They asked me to make a 10% deposit if I want to schedule time for surgery but since they have time the next day which was Tuesday, i just paid 100% all of it and went back the next day. The next day i walk to regen. I meet them at the office and got ready. I told them I would like botox on my face and calf and they say I can get shot right after surgery for my eyes. After i change clothes and wash face i went to surgery room and workers already have everything ready and the surgeon drew lines on my face. After he draw he said he will apply local anesthetic. I did not feel anything just tired. I was awake whole time. I remember he ask me to open and close eye few times to see changes. After surgery I went to recovery room. I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't. Tried to touch them, then the assistant stopped my hands and put something cold on my eyes (reminded me cold silicone). In the next couple of hours the nurse took off the band from my eyes and I returned to the hotel. The next 3 days were uncomfortable. I went back on 3rd day to remove stitches and they put some cream on my eyelid. I went back to Hong Kong the next day. Now it's almost 2 months after I got my eyes job done. No regrets, no pain, already can put my make up on. Can take a look at my pics. https://imgur.com/a/EaDQx

Really good review, explained everything clearly and I really liked your results! Happy for you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hameunjung88 said:

What did the doctors say you couldn't do during your recovery?

The most important limitation for me was - do not go to the sauna for at least 1 month, but I got my eyes job done, so it was fine for me. I also didn't do any exercises, because it was prohibited to strain due to pressure on eyes. I think I handle very well

18 minutes ago, eunjungfr said:

Really good review, explained everything clearly and I really liked your results! Happy for you.

Thanks a lot, I think so too.

• 5 months later...
Hi Everyone,

I've been in several forum doing tones of research on different types of surgery. Like anyone else, going to different thread post for the surgery that I would plan to do in the next couples of months. I started my first research for double eyelid revision in the year 2011 because i failed them couples of times. One of the forum that feed me much information about plastic surgery in Korea is Soompi forum. Now I would like to contribute my shares of bit of surgeries result and my plastic surgery journey to this forum. It will be too long winded for me to write my full experience here for each clinic that i ever been to. I will briefly summarize the surgery that I had done and the place that i had visited. I had wrote down my satisfaction level of each of my surgeries.

Attached is my before and after surgery face photo. Do not hesitate to pm me any questions, I'll be most willing to share if that helps on your research.

Eye Part
1st Partial Incision Eyelid surgery on Year 2008: In SG JJ Chua Plastic Surgery - Badly done, fold was asymmetrical
2nd Full Incision Eyelid Revision on Year 2008 : In SG JJ Chua Plastic Surgery - Fold was still asymmetrical
3rd Incision Eyelid Revision with Epicanthoplasty on Year 2010 : In Taiwan Jimmy Chuang Wish Clinic - Botched badly, Fold high and deep, unnatural. Epi was over corrected.
4th Full Incision Ptosis Correction Eyelid Revision on Year 2011-2012 - BK Hospital Korea: Fold was lowered but scar line was quite bad.
5th Full Incision Eyelid Scar Revision on Year 2013 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied
3D Lateral Canthoplasty and Epi Reversal on 2012 - Eve Plastic Surgery Clinic Korea - Satisfied

Nose
Rhinoplasty Septal cartilage with silicone on Year 2012 - Jewelry Clinic - Badly done, implant too high result skin thinning
Alar Reduction and Alar lift on 2012 - Eve Plastic Surgery Clinic, Korea - Satisfied
Rhinoplasty Revision with Dermis Graft and Septal + Ear Cartilage on Sept 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Very happy as its my own tissue grafting , permanent result.

Face
Forehead + Nasolabial fold Fatgrafting on 2013 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied
Full Face Fatgrafting on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied, quite happy as it's been more than a year and still lasting.

Smile Line fold - Paranasal Implant on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied

Arm Liposuction on April 2017 - SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied

Breast Augmentation Revision on April 2017- SM Plastic Surgery Korea - Satisfied (First time was done in Thailand 11 yrs ago, had some ruptured. Forgot the name of clinic).

78324c11-911c-4ff5-8e9a-9073a2edbddf.jpg

25aaa82b-d8d8-425a-8ebb-1eea9aeec27e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 10:00 AM, lonelygoldy said:

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line. However, since I'm not 20 any longer and skin is loosing its elasticity and I lost some kgs recently, my eyes became like a bulldog, skin thinner and wrinkles sharper. I was planning a trip to Seoul in November and decided to visit several ps clinics. Didn't even try to search local ones, as I knew Seoul is the capital for plastic surgeries and I wanted a perfect result. After some time of searching and monitoring different forums and blogs, finally stopped my decision on 3 clinics (I like when have several options in advance). So I sent them my pics, got replies, decided to meet all doctors in real and set 3 different appointments. When I arrived Seoul i had my carry on with me and went straight to gangnam station area since the hospitals were there. The first was Cinderella plastic surgery, the same atmosphere as in previous clinics, but the personnel wasn't as polite, even though the doctor was quite kind and friendly. This place was very close to the station. The second place was Wonjin. The place was very nice and the staff looked very professional. There was also soo many surgeon in the place. But for consultation the doctor didn't seem very interested in my questions and seemed very busy. It just felt a bit worrisome for me. Originally I wanted to meet their famous chief surgeon but i don't think it would happen. After the consulting I felt unsure bout the place. The last was Regen. I think it was at the end of gangnam station. There was another station in front of regen but i don't remember it. Regen was just as big as wonjin so i assume then maybe their surgeons will be busy like them. I liked everything about the clinic, worker and the doctor, he answered all my questions, didn't economize his time and was quite listening well. Also before meeting the surgeon i asked the consult manager if I can meet the chief surgeon for the eye surgery and was told all foreigner get surgery by the chief surgeon. Also the surgeon I met has his face on the website and he look older so I believe he was more experienced. One thing I didn't like was i had to wait a long time for my consultation even tho i make appointment. they said the doctor was in surgery so i waited. i was kind of angry but they gave me a really long consultation too so i release my stress. So, I made my choice on Regen. They asked me to make a 10% deposit if I want to schedule time for surgery but since they have time the next day which was Tuesday, i just paid 100% all of it and went back the next day. The next day i walk to regen. I meet them at the office and got ready. I told them I would like botox on my face and calf and they say I can get shot right after surgery for my eyes. After i change clothes and wash face i went to surgery room and workers already have everything ready and the surgeon drew lines on my face. After he draw he said he will apply local anesthetic. I did not feel anything just tired. I was awake whole time. I remember he ask me to open and close eye few times to see changes. After surgery I went to recovery room. I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't. Tried to touch them, then the assistant stopped my hands and put something cold on my eyes (reminded me cold silicone). In the next couple of hours the nurse took off the band from my eyes and I returned to the hotel. The next 3 days were uncomfortable. I went back on 3rd day to remove stitches and they put some cream on my eyelid. I went back to Hong Kong the next day. Now it's almost 2 months after I got my eyes job done. No regrets, no pain, already can put my make up on. Can take a look at my pics. https://imgur.com/a/EaDQx

wow... you look very beautiful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys... I finally did it!! I've been looking on Soompi since I was 14 yeras old and just gathering research and drooling over the before and after photos. Now, as a 25 year old....I finally did it!

I never thought this day would come because I have hidden lids so my eyes aren't particularly too small but I have a break from work and decided to treat myself since I got a new job.

= RESEARCH = 

I wanted to go to Korea but knew that wouldn't be an option for me. So I started looking in LA (where I'm from). I reached out to a Dr Charles Kahng (in Buena Park) and the day of my consultation, I was only able to meet with an assistant. I was a bit disappointed because I thought I would be able to meet with him! I was quoted 2,500 for non-incisional and incisional. I want to do the suture (non-cutting method) because I am afraid of scarring and needed quick recovery.

I also looked into another doctor in Newport Beach, she quoted me 3,500...so I couldn't afford that. So, I ended up booking a meeting with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIP in ktown! The place looks shady, but everyone was super friendly and nice. I met with this woman (by now, i realized that meeting with a doctor would be hard) and she was a hard seller. She told me the differences, pros and cons, etc.  She also said that when dealing with a doctor, its good to have a surgeon who has done a lot of cases because they learn by experience... and Dr. Choi has done 20,000! 

I did my research so I knew what I wanted. Then she said that normally a consultation with Dr. Choi would cost $100 but she can see if he's in the office so we were able to meet him! Meeting him was great, he spent like 30 minutes with us and even answered questions for my friend (who had done eyelid surgery with another doctor and can't close her eyes when she sleeps!). He was super friendly, drew pictures for her to show us how our eyes work and what he would be doing, etc so I felt very confident after meeting with him.

I was quoted $2500, but got a 10% discount because I booked the day of! I also needed EPI, but at an additional $1,500 I couldn't afford it.

= DAY OF SURGERY (TODAY!!!) = 

I was so nervous. I had my boyfriend take me, my appointment was 11 and he was actually doing surgery on someone else (which shows me that he is popular and well known) and there was also another girl in the waiting room with glasses. So, I couldn't go in until 11:30? 

Dr. Choi saw me very briefly since we had spoken before and he knew what I wanted. It was seriously only 10 minutes (wish it were longer but I didn't have questions since I've done my research). I told him I wanted a small crease and at first he did a 8 mm, then i wanted it lower and we settled on a 7 mm. 

I was taken into a changing room, changed my clothes really quickly with a nice but straight to the point nurse (heh). Then as I was laying on the table, I told him I wanted a tapered crease. He said that if I did a parallel crease it would look better and bigger but I insisted on a tapered because I like the way it looks. So, he did a crease of 6.5mm tapered on me! 

The nurse then inserted an IV in me which didn't hurt and trust me, I'm scared of needles. Dr. Choi then started measuring my eyelids which took about 30 minutes, I appreciate him taking his time and I saw that he kept on erasing it and then starting over. 

Then he put on oxygen and told me that I should start feeling sleepy, but I didn't feel sleepy! I kept on talking to him and telling them that soompi raves about him and that he should go on and read his reviews, but I didn't realize he was already working on my eyes. Then I "woke up" (so I fell asleep... I hope) and I asked the nurse if I was done and she says, Yes I was!

So, that was just a few hours ago and now I'm at home resting. Eyes are swollen and I'm sticking to a diet of no salt and lots of veggies. If there are any typos or odd sentences... its cause my eyes are SWOLLEN! 

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!! Phew! I remember following this thread 10 years ago.

I finally made the moves to get double eyelid surgery in NYC because I live here. I just didn’t want to go to Korea by myself with the language barrier. I’m 25 now and I’ve been thinking about this for a very, very long time. I had my procedure done today and my eyes are currently like swollen sausages. I’ll be doing a before and after photos in the next few months if anyone is interested!! 

I had blepharoplasty + epicanthoplasty (double eyelid and inner fold cut). The price was $4,500. The epi was a last minute decision. Literally 5 minutes before the surgery because I found out my creases will not be symmetrical. One would be parallel and the other would be tapered. I decided to go with it and it was $1,000 more. I wasn’t going to mull over the money because I wanted this done, no matter how much it costed, I wanted to be happy with my outcome. On a side note, I was wondering if the price was a normal range in the states and in Korea? I figured $4,500 was reasonable. It would’ve costed about the same if I bought the plane ticket to Korea, the procedure itself, and getting an Airbnb. What is everyone’s thoughts?

The anesthesia really was the most painful part but honestly, if you’ve ever gotten laser hair removal...this was nothing. Although...when he was cutting the corners of my eye, there wasn’t enough anesthesia for my left eye and I felt the pain of the stitches. They had to give me another shot...I almost had a heart attack!! I don’t want to talk about the gory stuff but the whole procedure took about 1hr 15 minutes. I was awake the entire time and they had classical music playing in the background. Dr. Kwak checked in on me every no and then to make sure I was okay. (Thank god I didn’t have to get an IV. It’s silly, but I hate the feeling of having a needle stuck in me). They prescribed me a Xanax to calm my nerves. I took it because I knew I was going to be a worry wart. 

From the pre-op information I’ve gathered, I plan on doing everything 10x more. I want to be super careful so that I can have a speedy recovery. My diet will will consist of: mashed pumpkins, steamed chicken breast, spinach, mushroom, broccoli and fruit. I plan on staying away from salt, sugar, alcohol, dairy and anything dark (seaweed, soy sauce etc). I’ll have to wear sunglasses and a hat for the next few months since direct sunlight will darken the scar.no makeup or anyhing harsh around my eyes even if they wound is closed. I also plan on sleeping on my wedge for at least three weeks since it keeps me elevated at 75 degrees.

Edited by coconutjellybean

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply...work has been busy busy!

So, my eyes are all healed up (healed after a week) and look amazing! Actually, when I met with my best friends - the first they asked me was if I did my makeup differently because I looked nice. I didn't tell them till later on that I did my surgery.

As for my eyes, they are much smaller now...I should have listened to Dr. Choi but I don't regret my decision actually because they look so natural and no one knows I got them done. I actually get facials all the time and eyelash lift and no one knew that I got mine done! There is no scar at all. 

I think I look better with my double eyelids - though my eyes aren't that much bigger (since I had hidden folds), my makeup shows up better and therefore, I look nicer. 

https://ibb.co/grJei0

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 8:00 AM, lonelygoldy said:

Hi, thank you for your review. Can you let me know which method did you do with your eyes? is this incisional method?

Hey, girls I have been reading the posts on here for a while and I have finally made a decision to have my eye surgery in Korea. 

I got my double eyelid surgery 3 months ago and I am starting to see very good results so far!

First 2 week was very difficult, My eyes were ugly and the staff from hospital kept telling me it will get more beautiful and natural in few months. So I waited... and they were right! They became even and very natural looking once bruising and swelling went down. It took me  a month for them to look very 'presentable'. Now my eyes look 100% natural.

I did my surgery at View. I consulted both Regen and View that my friends recommended me to. They were also very nearby so I was able to consult at both places very easily. I think the name of the doctor was Dr. Kim Jong Min? He told me I had a ptosis on my eyes that needed to be corrected in order for me to open my eyes wider.

On the surgery day, they made me wear surgery gown and wash my wash before going up to the surgery room. I met with Dr. Kim again at the office and he drew lines on my eyes. Then i was taken up to the surgery room and I was put under twilight anesthesia. 

After I woke up, I was taken to the recovery room. After like an hour, they said I can get changed and go back to my room. 

My next appointment was 3 days later, I went and got some taping taken off and they cleaned up my eyes for me. I was not supposed to get water on it, so i avoided washing my face... It was very gross and oily. After they did some cleaning, they put some kind of ointment. 

I also did like some sort of deswelling laser session. I just laid down on a bed with this red light on my face. It was relaxing, so i feel asleep during this.

After few more days later I went back again to take out the stitches. It stung a bit but not really that painful. I did the red light thing again and left the hospital.

It was an overall great experience. Both clinics had fluent English speakers I had no problem with communication. If you are interested in getting plastic surgery in Korea. You can send me a message or you can just contact clinics by yourself.

Edited by ppumppu

• 4 weeks later...

I just had epi and non incisional double eyelid surgery. This was decided after my consultstion, as I did not have much fat on my eyelids. I had local anaesthesia and I was in severe pain the entire time!!! I honestly felt like I was being tortured. I spoke up and said I was in pain when he was cutting so he gave me more local shots. However it was still extremely painful...just wondering if anyone else experienced this much pain? What did I just go through? This was in korea by the way.

Edited by awesome85

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I wanted to provide my experience as I received so much help from this forum. So get some popcorn as this will be a long one.

TLDR: Got 4 procedures in Korea for a total 2,800,000 Won or approx $2500 USD (keep in mind this does not include cost of the flight, stay, meals etc.)

Glovi Clinic www.glovips.com

double eyelid

inner epi
eyebag 
jaw botox- "service"

Do I regret doing it? No
Painful? (scale of 1-10) the actual procedure= 0 the healing process...a solid 7 --more explanation below
Would I do it again? No
Am I happy with the outcome and how much I spent ? Yes 100%
BTW I definitely think Korea is the way to go....they have this procedure down....

I wanted to do it simply because I wanted to. I'm 23, got a full time job, got money saved up, and language is not a barrier. So nothing was stopping me.
Initially, I wasn't going to tell my family because it was my decision and I didn't want my family members to try to persuade me otherwise...in hindsight I realize this thought was unnecessary since my mom had the surgery done when she was young lol.

Anyways after giving it more thought I wanted to do it with someone I can trust, my mom was willing and able. So during a family dinner, I announced to my family I wanted to get the surgery done and no one said a thing just asked when. My mother, using her network of Korean moms, got a referral to the clinic. At this point I had a couple of clinics in mind but the place my mother got referred to was my top choice. I chose the date, bought the plane tickets and off to Korea.

I was limited in time as I set it up for 2.5 weeks. I went in got consultation. I showed the doc a picture of a celeb's eyelid that I thought would look good on me and he agreed it would go with my eyeshape. I asked to get epi on the outside and he said that would not be a good idea as it would make face look further apart he recommended the inner. The last thing he recommended was my eye bag....surprisingly he pushed the eyebag moreover then the epi. He said it would be worth to the do surgery for this at a younger age otherwise you would look at botox and fillers. I was not surprised he said this because I knew I had this issue I just never knew their was a surgery to fix it. My mother looked and me and said "woah...now that you mention it ,you do have it even I don't have it!". Thanks mom - _ -. Anyways the doctor left and we talked about prices... honestly this is the part my mom came in clutch. Initially they were thinking around 3,200,000 WON and my mom drove it down to $2800000 won . 
We ended up not going to other clinics as my gut was telling me it was going to be okay and we did not really want to spend time looking at other clinics...quite honestly going through a consultation is a little exhausting. Plus i had an idea on price ranges, and this clinic came with a reference. We booked the appointment for the next day and deposited $300,000 Won or approx $300 usd. 

The next day I came without eating anything and this was the TRIP...
They have this process down like getting your eyebrows threaded/nails done. I came in told me to fill out the form. Change clothes, take pictures. Then ushered me into the procedure room. I thought the room would look more hospital like but it was just a corner room with all the medical equipment...I guess I wasn't really sure what it should look like lol. before you know it they stick needles up my arm and something cold that wrapped my calf...maybe to measure blood pressure..not sure 
Before I knew it a nurse came in and started to count down. I was half awake... it was weird I did not feel one thing but I could hear everything... I assume I was responding very slowly, and when they say your fat burning smells....it really does.  I did feel a stinging discomfort, while burning the fat, when they got to the right edge but I didn't say anything because it didn't last long. The doctor tells me to open my eyes a couple of times and I could tell he was trying figure out the issue with my right eyelid. My right eyelid when I put on fake lashes does not fold which I assume it was because my muscle is slightly different or I have more fat in that eyelid. After working with it, he said Ah! got it! and then they want into sleeeep mode for my eye bags. They started another countdown. Before I knew it the nurse was telling me to wake up as my mom was next to me. My eyes were fat swollen I was exhausteddddd...and scared to look in the mirror. My mom asked while we were waiting for the subway does it hurt a little annoyed I answer no. I was just soooo tired and out of it. I was so glad my mom helped me to get from the clinic to our hotel... If you do this part alone, I think you would feel a little scared and lonely. On our way back, we picked up some sullungtang for dinner.

When I got back to my room, I took a picture of myself ate a little bit of the soup and slept.
As aftercare they give you pumpkin extract, medication, and an cold eye compress. There is a check to clean your eye..which is painful. You get no pain meds and the eye area is ridiculously sensitive. My dog also recommended he extract/syringe some of the blood that was pooling in my under eyebag. This was not painful surprisingly lol
I had a final appointment to pull out stitches and check out recovery. This appointment was done right before I left...not sure exactly the timeline but this part was easy so no worries here

there was a moment while i was walking around seoul that i think the stitch popped a little... not sure exactly but that moment was the most painful. It was instant sharp pain on the corner of the eye.

Anyways when I was back in the US I just looked swollen..nothing some glasses would cover.
Did anyone notice... it depended none of my non asian friends noticed even though I pointed it out they still couldn't tell or understand (but when I showed them before and after they were like oooo I see), my asian friends knew right away or thought something was different lol

To the people that asked I showed them my recovery and before and after pictures.
It has been now rounding almost a year and dang I can't believe what I did... and I also can't believe I decided on the eyebag surgery so quickly then and there... I wasn't planning to do eyebags before I went to Korea. But this procedure I'm especially glad I did it. My eyes would swell and unswell depending on how tired I was and my eyebag was a symptom of it. I shouldn't have that at my age and me fixing it now then later in my life I think was a good move still.

Alright and lastly the pictures before, worst day (day 3), 8 months later
https://ibb.co/StySNyF

Edited by crazlover

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! Sorry for my poorly english haha.

I really want to get a double eyelid surgery but I'm stuck between doing it in Seoul or LA. One of the reason is I cant speak korean, but Korea is known for the double-eyelid surgery and I want perfect results for my eyes. I dont know which one the will recommend to me, but I think I want or need the incisional. Do anyone of you have some recommendation for me to choose in either Korea og LA, and knowledge or experience you can share with me. Thank you soo much! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/22/2010 at 5:13 AM, Guest heartclover said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to heal after removing DST sutures?

I did not like my high crease, so I had my DST sutures taken out, and re-did DST method for a lower crease. But I'm worried that the higher crease might not go away? Has anyone tried to reverse their DST crease before and was able to get rid of that crease upon removal of the DST sutures? And how long did that take?

Thanks!!

Hi, what’s the result for you when you re do your eyelid? I recently did mine but didn’t like it and had it removed too and re do it 1 month later. But the same issue with my left eye, the crease is still higher and sometimes it doesn’t even have a crease, my left eye has thicker lids tho.

• 1 month later...

just got the procedure done today after YEARS of putting it off and being wishy washy~

got it done at Enhance (in beverly hills) with Dr. Charles Lee. Got full incision with epi. Not sure if the crease i wanted was considered a high crease or a medium one but holy jesus are my eyes swollen af and bruised.

the procedure also kinda hurt and i didn't think i had low pain tolerance, but i got two shots in my arms and then shots on my eyelids which kinda hurt. Towards the end i could feel the needle and the thread being pulled which was very uncomfortable/ more painful than the shots and I kept tensing my whole body. Had to keep reminding myself that i needed to breathe and try and relax.

In terms of bedside manner, he wasn't super friendly and talkative, but he also wasn't mean. He just seemed like he was trying to focus on the actual procedure itself.

will update as my healing progresses!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2010 at 5:27 AM, Guest heartclover said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to heal after removing DST sutures?

I did not like my high crease, so I had my DST sutures taken out, and re-did DST method for a lower crease. But I'm worried that the higher crease might not go away? Has anyone tried to reverse their DST crease before and was able to get rid of that crease upon removal of the DST sutures?

Thanks!!

Hi, I just had my stitch removed too. Did your crease go away?

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone!

Been stalking this thread for a while. Everyone got such beautiful results! I just had mine done in DC on 3/12/19 (worst timing ever since the COVID-19 outbreak turned my follow up into a virtual/video chat followup). I got full incision double eyelid surgery and was fully awake during the surgery. The surgery itself didn't hurt at all after the local anesthesia but towards the end, my left eyelid anesthesia started wearing off and it was super painful so I got more local anesthesia shots in my eyelid. I'm exactly 7 days postop and quite paranoid that I will have uneven eyelids because my left eye is super swollen and the crease is a lot higher than my right eye. 

Here are some progress pics: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XyBiDh7XHimnFavbEiK5ziUvpxxCBlYG/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XxfNST19-IywZOjBB6A_5ncE8OPqgc93/view

Here is day 7:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y-5WR0iODp0vB3_MedAX-g9BUJkzhNsa/view

Please excuse my scrubbiness! lol.

I also saw that most people got sutures that need to be removed but my surgeon used dis solvable stitches so you can kind of see the tails where the sutures didn't dissolve yet. Did anyone else experience uneven eyelid healing? My ps assured me that it will even out once my left eye swelling decreases. I'm super worried rn and hoping I don't regret it b/c I used to "fix" my eyelids with false eyelashes which gave me a more open eye. Thanks!