Quantcast
Guest cherrie12

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

Hi everyone

I wanted to provide my experience as I received so much help from this forum. So get some popcorn as this will be a long one.

TLDR: Got 4 procedures in Korea for a total 2,800,000 Won or approx $2500 USD (keep in mind this does not include cost of the flight, stay, meals etc.)

Glovi Clinic www.glovips.com

double eyelid

inner epi
eyebag 
jaw botox- "service"

Do I regret doing it? No
Painful? (scale of 1-10) the actual procedure= 0 the healing process...a solid 7 --more explanation below
Would I do it again? No
Am I happy with the outcome and how much I spent ? Yes 100%
BTW I definitely think Korea is the way to go....they have this procedure down....

I wanted to do it simply because I wanted to. I'm 23, got a full time job, got money saved up, and language is not a barrier. So nothing was stopping me.
Initially, I wasn't going to tell my family because it was my decision and I didn't want my family members to try to persuade me otherwise...in hindsight I realize this thought was unnecessary since my mom had the surgery done when she was young lol.

Anyways after giving it more thought I wanted to do it with someone I can trust, my mom was willing and able. So during a family dinner, I announced to my family I wanted to get the surgery done and no one said a thing just asked when. My mother, using her network of Korean moms, got a referral to the clinic. At this point I had a couple of clinics in mind but the place my mother got referred to was my top choice. I chose the date, bought the plane tickets and off to Korea.

I was limited in time as I set it up for 2.5 weeks. I went in got consultation. I showed the doc a picture of a celeb's eyelid that I thought would look good on me and he agreed it would go with my eyeshape. I asked to get epi on the outside and he said that would not be a good idea as it would make face look further apart he recommended the inner. The last thing he recommended was my eye bag....surprisingly he pushed the eyebag moreover then the epi. He said it would be worth to the do surgery for this at a younger age otherwise you would look at botox and fillers. I was not surprised he said this because I knew I had this issue I just never knew their was a surgery to fix it. My mother looked and me and said "woah...now that you mention it ,you do have it even I don't have it!". Thanks mom - _ -. Anyways the doctor left and we talked about prices... honestly this is the part my mom came in clutch. Initially they were thinking around 3,200,000 WON and my mom drove it down to $2800000 won . 
We ended up not going to other clinics as my gut was telling me it was going to be okay and we did not really want to spend time looking at other clinics...quite honestly going through a consultation is a little exhausting. Plus i had an idea on price ranges, and this clinic came with a reference. We booked the appointment for the next day and deposited $300,000 Won or approx $300 usd. 

The next day I came without eating anything and this was the TRIP...
They have this process down like getting your eyebrows threaded/nails done. I came in told me to fill out the form. Change clothes, take pictures. Then ushered me into the procedure room. I thought the room would look more hospital like but it was just a corner room with all the medical equipment...I guess I wasn't really sure what it should look like lol. before you know it they stick needles up my arm and something cold that wrapped my calf...maybe to measure blood pressure..not sure 
Before I knew it a nurse came in and started to count down. I was half awake... it was weird I did not feel one thing but I could hear everything... I assume I was responding very slowly, and when they say your fat burning smells....it really does.  I did feel a stinging discomfort, while burning the fat, when they got to the right edge but I didn't say anything because it didn't last long. The doctor tells me to open my eyes a couple of times and I could tell he was trying figure out the issue with my right eyelid. My right eyelid when I put on fake lashes does not fold which I assume it was because my muscle is slightly different or I have more fat in that eyelid. After working with it, he said Ah! got it! and then they want into sleeeep mode for my eye bags. They started another countdown. Before I knew it the nurse was telling me to wake up as my mom was next to me. My eyes were fat swollen I was exhausteddddd...and scared to look in the mirror. My mom asked while we were waiting for the subway does it hurt a little annoyed I answer no. I was just soooo tired and out of it. I was so glad my mom helped me to get from the clinic to our hotel... If you do this part alone, I think you would feel a little scared and lonely. On our way back, we picked up some sullungtang for dinner.

When I got back to my room, I took a picture of myself ate a little bit of the soup and slept.
As aftercare they give you pumpkin extract, medication, and an cold eye compress. There is a check to clean your eye..which is painful. You get no pain meds and the eye area is ridiculously sensitive. My dog also recommended he extract/syringe some of the blood that was pooling in my under eyebag. This was not painful surprisingly lol
I had a final appointment to pull out stitches and check out recovery. This appointment was done right before I left...not sure exactly the timeline but this part was easy so no worries here

there was a moment while i was walking around seoul that i think the stitch popped a little... not sure exactly but that moment was the most painful. It was instant sharp pain on the corner of the eye.

Anyways when I was back in the US I just looked swollen..nothing some glasses would cover.
Did anyone notice... it depended none of my non asian friends noticed even though I pointed it out they still couldn't tell or understand (but when I showed them before and after they were like oooo I see), my asian friends knew right away or thought something was different lol

To the people that asked I showed them my recovery and before and after pictures.
It has been now rounding almost a year and dang I can't believe what I did... and I also can't believe I decided on the eyebag surgery so quickly then and there... I wasn't planning to do eyebags before I went to Korea. But this procedure I'm especially glad I did it. My eyes would swell and unswell depending on how tired I was and my eyebag was a symptom of it. I shouldn't have that at my age and me fixing it now then later in my life I think was a good move still.

Alright and lastly the pictures before, worst day (day 3), 8 months later
https://ibb.co/StySNyF

Edited by crazlover

Hello Everyone! Sorry for my poorly english haha.

I really want to get a double eyelid surgery but I'm stuck between doing it in Seoul or LA. One of the reason is I cant speak korean, but Korea is known for the double-eyelid surgery and I want perfect results for my eyes. I dont know which one the will recommend to me, but I think I want or need the incisional. Do anyone of you have some recommendation for me to choose in either Korea og LA, and knowledge or experience you can share with me. Thank you soo much! 

Does anyone have photos of the scarring? I’d like to see what it looks like with the eyes closed. 

On 8/22/2010 at 5:13 AM, Guest heartclover said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to heal after removing DST sutures?

I did not like my high crease, so I had my DST sutures taken out, and re-did DST method for a lower crease. But I'm worried that the higher crease might not go away? Has anyone tried to reverse their DST crease before and was able to get rid of that crease upon removal of the DST sutures? And how long did that take?

Thanks!!

Hi, what’s the result for you when you re do your eyelid? I recently did mine but didn’t like it and had it removed too and re do it 1 month later. But the same issue with my left eye, the crease is still higher and sometimes it doesn’t even have a crease, my left eye has thicker lids tho.

just got the procedure done today after YEARS of putting it off and being wishy washy~

got it done at Enhance (in beverly hills) with Dr. Charles Lee. Got full incision with epi. Not sure if the crease i wanted was considered a high crease or a medium one but holy jesus are my eyes swollen af and bruised.

the procedure also kinda hurt and i didn't think i had low pain tolerance, but i got two shots in my arms and then shots on my eyelids which kinda hurt. Towards the end i could feel the needle and the thread being pulled which was very uncomfortable/ more painful than the shots and I kept tensing my whole body. Had to keep reminding myself that i needed to breathe and try and relax.

In terms of bedside manner, he wasn't super friendly and talkative, but he also wasn't mean. He just seemed like he was trying to focus on the actual procedure itself.

will update as my healing progresses!!

On 8/21/2010 at 5:27 AM, Guest heartclover said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to heal after removing DST sutures?

I did not like my high crease, so I had my DST sutures taken out, and re-did DST method for a lower crease. But I'm worried that the higher crease might not go away? Has anyone tried to reverse their DST crease before and was able to get rid of that crease upon removal of the DST sutures?

Thanks!!

Hi, I just had my stitch removed too. Did your crease go away?