[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Anyone noticed rr seem to missing from the last two episodes. (not that i mind cause then we get more sr and dm screen time) She hasn't appear much. I wonder what's in store for her.

Yeah I noticed they seem to be phasing her out a bit in recent episodes, which is a shame since I kinda like her, and she's not the typical detestable 3rd person in a love triangle we are used to seeing in k-dramas. At this stage, She just seems a bit materialistic and somewhat spoiled, however, it does seem like they will develop her character into a complete richard simmons after these events:

1/ When she finds out DM is actually not gay after all, but just has no interest in her because he's in love with SR

2/ When she discovers who her biological parents are

3/ When she finds out that SR (whom RR hates at this point) is the biological daughter of the man she thought was her father.

Also, I saw these pix of Han Hye Rin (Ra Ra) over at krdrama.com

img7678editstudiov.th.jpgimg7766editstudiov.th.jpgimg7925editstudiov.th.jpgimg8108editstudiov.th.jpg

img8216editstudiov.th.jpgimg8277editstudiov.th.jpgimg8315editstudiov.th.jpgimg8350editstudiov.th.jpg

img8386editstudiov.th.jpgimg8453editstudiov.th.jpg

img8455editstudiov.th.jpgimg8533editstudiov.th.jpgimg8551editstudiov.th.jpg

Could there be wedding bells for RR sometime soon? :P

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

New Tales of Gisaeng has a new PD.

SBS got rid of Writer Im's husband, PD Sohn Moon Gwon (손문권) as chief PD, citing low ratings.

and they brought in PD Lee Young Hui (이영희), who was the PD in charge during Im's hit drama Dear Heaven (하늘이시여) from 2004-2005.

PD Lee is a Paeksang Arts award winner and a university professor.

PD Sohn will still be involved in production, in charge of editing and mixing.

Guest kawaiiyuki

New Tales of Gisaeng has a new PD.

SBS got rid of Writer Im's husband, PD Sohn Moon Gwon (손문권) as chief PD, citing low ratings.

and they brought in PD Lee Young Hui (이영희), who was the PD in charge during Im's hit drama Dear Heaven (하늘이시여) from 2004-2005.

PD Lee is a Paeksang Arts award winner and a university professor.

PD Sohn will still be involved in production, in charge of editing and mixing.

Wow, i'm surprised they haven't gone to the point were they start choping down on episodes, which is a good thing cause that means they have faith in this drama. I've never seen dear heaven so i don't know how that was filmed but it should bring some changes to the screen. I don't see anything wrong with the way it is now but hey maybe it's needed.

Will the change take effect starting from episode 11 or later on like episode 15 or something (depending on how far in to the filming of episodes are) ?

Anyway does anyone get the feeling the rr's grandparent kinda want to trade rr in for a new granddaughter? :P

I'm liking the fact the grandparent want to fix want they did wrong and try to find their grand daughter who most of think is rs since it was mention she looks the grandma when she was younger.

EDIT: HAVEN'T

Wow, i'm surprised they have gone to the point were they start choping down on episodes, which is a good thing cause that means they have faith in this drama. I've never seen dear heaven so i don't know how that was filmed but it should bring some changes to the screen. I don't see anything wrong with the way it is now but hey maybe it's needed.

Will the change take effect starting from episode 11 or later on like episode 15 or something (depending on how far in to the filming of episodes are) ?

Anyway does anyone get the feeling the rr's grandparent kinda want to trade rr in for a new granddaughter? :P

I'm liking the fact the grandparent want to fix want they did wrong and try to find their grand daughter who most of think is rs since it was mention she looks the grandma when she was younger.

Has it been confirmed that the number of episodes would be decreased? In a way I want it to be a lot shorter as I cant bear to wait every week to watch 2 episodes for the next 5 months. But on the other hand I really like watching this drama especially the leads so I don't want it to end.

Didn't the ratings hit something like 14% last week? That's not too shabby....how much were they expecting? And yeah, I wouldn't really mind if they reduced the number of episodes as well. I mean 50 episodes at 2 per week would take half a year to complete.

I didn't see dramaok write anything about a reduction of number of episodes.

Just the note about the change in PD to the PD of the huge hit "Dear Heaven".

The news article: http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?sec=ent1&idxno=2011022107250897076

It mentions change in PD and more focus on "New Tales of the Gisaeng" and less of "Gisaeng House" 'buyonggak'.

(... the title focus will be more of dramaok's alternative "Tales of the New Gisaeng" ...)

RR did appear in both E09&E10...

Both grandparents are more expressive of disapproval of her.

Grandpa tells Joo Hee to make it that he didn't have to see the younger daughter-in-law.

Grandma tells RR to go to "second mother" for selling her tickets.

... peevish comment that RR is habitual... not just asking once or twice.

Both grandparents have commented before that RR is just like her birth-mother.

They're openly alluding to RR always trying to get money from them...

... just like the birth-mother.

They're not so crude as to say the actual words... but their meanings are pretty clear.

They're even prodding RR to go to her birth mother now...

... where before, I think they just put up with birth-mother trying to get close to RR.

I think both the grandparents are ready to let the RR birth-secret out,

... and let the chips fall where they may.

... it'll be out before the half-way point of the series, I think... :)

... maybe it'll be out even before the third-way point. :)

I think writer Im is keeping in mind the Korean version of:

"Pay the Danegeld... and you'll always have the Danes". :):D:o

Guest kawaiiyuki

Has it been confirmed that the number of episodes would be decreased? In a way I want it to be a lot shorter as I cant bear to wait every week to watch 2 episodes for the next 5 months. But on the other hand I really like watching this drama especially the leads so I don't want it to end.

Sorry, i meant Haven't ! No news about episode numbers being chopped. As they say no news is good news!

To be honest, no matter how much I loved Andrae, I would have been really mad at him for interrupting my dream that way.  LOL  :w00t:

I had a thought about the charade being put on by the grandparents.  What if RR's biological mother finds out and tries to use it to get their rightful share.  -_-:huh:

It's too bad that the other members of the snow trip aren't part of the storyline, anymore.  I thought it would be interesting to have the guy, who was SR's date, as a counterfoil to DM's personality. :phew:  :(

So in today's episode, what was in the jar that Damo hid? Why was his mother running around like a chicken with its head off trying to look for it?

Saran paid for their meal but Damo didn't know about it til he went to pay for it himself. He turns around to look at her and she's smiling. I don't this will be an issue for the couple but I think he'll be impressed that she paid for the meal. Some girls always lets the guy pay and this might shock Damo a bit.

:lol: at both Damo and the head gisaeng, Hwa Ran's fantasies. Poor Damo, he was having such a good dream until Andre ruined it for him. Is Hwa Ran in attack mode now? Is she putting her efforts into trying to break up Joo Hee and her husband? Poor woman, she's delusional as shown in her fantasy of Eo San and Joo Hee fighting over the picture of Joo Hee and another man..

The bowl that DaMo hid contained honey (typically added to water and given to someone who had been drinking). Knowing that his father would become angry over the lack of honey (proper home management), he tried to convince his mother to use it as an excuse to lament over his poor treatment and leave the house for a few days in order for this father to recognize her value and realize that he has been taking her for granted. She wouldn't agree to this so he hides it and she goes frantic over not being able to find it. DaMo's father, as expected, gets very upset at her lack of home management but she doesn't act her role that DaMo had suggested, and in the end, DaMo caves in and brings the honey jar to her to use in the water.

It appears that SaRan is trying to learn things that she never paid attention to in the past, only because it appears to be DaMo's interest, such as horseback riding, pitching and swimming (she tells DaMo upfront that she doesn't know how to swim).

The old lady who came to visit is HwaRan's mother and she has the ultimate control over the entire establishment. She tells her daughter to not go walking with the dance instructor (can't remember his name) and tells her to have DanSe accompany her in the future as she doesn't trust him (she is known to have a very good read of a person's character by only looking at their face). She also tells HwaRan that she suspects Soon Deok may be pregnant but as soon as she sees Soon Deok, she realizes that she was wrong and tells her to see a doctor for her poor health.

I hope that clarifies a little of what happened in today's episode (enjoyable but a rather slow moving one). The only significant event today was the notice for the search for their previous housekeeper is going into all national papers soon. Joo Hee has fallen for grandpa's act of appearing senile and is appeasing him in his request for that housekeeper's cooking by placing the add in the paper.

Guest dramaok

AGB Nationwide Ratings for ep. 11 (feb. 26 broadcast):

New Gisaeng = 12.7% (#8 rank overall network shows)

vs. same timeslot:

MBC Ambition Flames (18.2%) - #2 overall

KBS King Geunchogo (11.9%) - #9 overall

-----------------------------------------------

those aren't bad numbers, i mean they're not last place anymore in the same-timeslot dramas,

but I guess they were hoping for like 30% or something?

i kinda think Im and her hubby got into a fight and now she doesn't want to see him at work anymore. heeheeh.

so this drama continues to tease us with the nonstop fantasy sequences.

i guess they are entertaining enough but does anyone else feel kinda annoyed by them?

i mean, how about only one fantasy per episode?

or else soon Andre is going to have his fantasy sequences too.

who was the guy that was trailing Damo and Saran today? It's not the same guy from the stepmom's friend's PI shop.

is this one hired by Ra Ra? what do you think?

Stepmom is being nice to Sohn Ja now, cuz she wants to have the whole family move into Sohn Ja's and save their rent $$. she's always about money money money. i wonder if Gong Joo's birth father will show up in the show at some point.

Also, someone asked about Damo's ID nick for his dad in his cellphone, and I'm not sure if it was answered, but it's "Baron Ashura" from that comic series. the intersex villain from Mazinger Z or something like that. I guess a play on the dad's name and his duo-personality (cold towards Damo but warm to Andre).

Another thing, is Saran's dad's hair real? Does he look like he's wearing a wig?

Archived