Woundedheart

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

top_logo.gif

October 4, 2011

Stars to Collide at BIFF

Source: Lee In Kyung CJ E&M enewsWorld l Nate

The Busan International Film Festival is known for being quite the star-studded affair, but the lineup of famous faces confirmed to be walking the red carpet is particularly impressive this year.

In addition to hallyu stars Jang Dong Geun, So Ji Sup and Jang Geun Suk, actors Michelle Yeoh, Isabelle Huppert, Tang Wei, Odagiri Joe as well as directors Luc Besson and Tsui Hark will make their way over to Busan for the festival, which kicks off on October 6.

Hallyu Heaven

C110929_10pg.jpg

Jang Dong Geun, who has walked the festival’s red carpet three years in a row, will attend the briefing for blockbuster My Way on October 8 alongside director Kang Je Gyu and actors Fan Bingbing and Odagiri Joe.

Actors So Ji Sup and Han Hyo Joo, who star in the opening film Always and whom fans have already nicknamed the ‘So-Joo couple,’ plan to greet attendants at the festival this year as well.

Actress Song Hye Gyo, star of director Lee Jung Hyang’s Today, which was selected to show at the Gala Presentation, will make her first appearance at the festival in a long time. World star Rain, who stars in the film Flight: Close to the Sun, has also decided to attend the event before enlisting in the army next month.

Rising hallyu star Jang Geun Suk will make his way over to Haeundae on October 8 for a showcase for his film You’re My Pet, which also stars Kim Ha Neul. On October 9, the actor is set to attend the Open Talk event with Hollywood actor Logan Lerman of The Three Musketeers 3D.

Um Jee Won, Yeh Ji Won, Song Kang Ho, Shin Se Kyung, Ko Soo, Shin Ha Gyun, Song Sun Mi, Ku Hye Sun, Nam Sang Mi, Bae Soo Bin, Lee Chun Hee, Kim Se Ron, Lee Si Young, Kim Ji Woo, Yoo Ah In, Kang So Ra and Min Hyo Rin are among the celebrities confirmed to be attending the festival’s opening ceremonies.

Foreign Faces

Actors and directors from far and wide are expected to attend the festival this year as well. Chinese actress Tang Wei, who has been gaining popularity in Korea as ‘Hyun Bin’s lover,’ will appear at the festival with Wu Xia costar Jin Chengwu. The actress, who attended the festival last year for film Manchu, said, “I can’t forget the taste of makgeolli (rice wine) from that time.” Wu Xia is an action film directed by Peter Chan.

Michelle Yeoh, a rising action star in Hollywood, will visit Busan this year for film The Lady. The Luc Besson film will be screened during the Gala Presentation program on October 12 and is based on the life of Aung San Suu Kyi, a woman who spent 10 years of her life under house arrest. Besson plans to attend the hand printing event, where French actress Isabelle Huppert and director Yonfan from Hong Kong will make an appearance as well.

Japanese actors Tsumabuki Satoshi and Nishijima Hidetoshi will also be in attendance, while Koreeda Hirokazu, Iwai Shunji, Hark Tsui and Apichatpong Weerasethakul are among the directors who will make an appearance.

Translation credit: Nancy Lee

October 6, 2011

BIFF opener conventional, yet charming

By Claire Lee (dyc@heraldm.com) koreaherald.com

The 16th Busan International Film Festival opens with Korean tearjerker “Always”

BUSAN -- Two young souls with traumatic pasts fall in love. While the man is a former prisoner, the woman is losing her eyesight. As conventional as it may sound, this year’s BIFF opener on Thursday turned out to be a beautiful cliche paired with its warm and color-conscious mise-en-scene.

Directed by Song Il-gon, “Always” was the first film ever to be screened in the Busan Cinema Center, the official venue for BIFF, kicking off the 16th edition of the country’s premier film fest. This year, BIFF will feature 307 films from 70 countries.

Previously known as Pusan International Film Festival, Korea’s first and largest international film bash’s opening ceremony was held at the outdoor property of its newly opened venue. A 167.8 billion won ($156 million) project, the Busan Cinema Center houses four movie venues, cafes and restaurants. Its outdoor screening space can house up to 4,000 viewers.

As this year’s program includes 135 world premiers, the opening event welcomed highly acclaimed movie figures from both home and abroad.

Local guests included renowned director Im Kwon-taek, veteran actor Shin Young-kyun, and actor Ahn Sung-ki. Korea’s highly popular film stars Go Soo, Kim Ha-neul, So Ji-sub, Han Hyo-joo and Kang Hye-jeong also attended the event.

Renowned Hong Kong director Tsui Hark, who is best known for “A Chinese Ghost Story” (1987) and “Once Upon A Time in China” (1991), received the Asian Filmmaker of the Year prize during the ceremony. Tsui‘s first 3-D production, “The Swords of Dragon Gate,” the sequel to Raymond Lee’s 1992 film “Dragon Inn,” will premier in December.

Co-starring actor So Ji-sub and actress Han Hyo-joo, “Always” tells a love story between a former boxer and a car accident victim who works as a telephone operator. It presents two reckless souls who would risk everything -- literally everything -- for love. And because they’ve got not much to lose to begin with, the characters are surprisingly convincing in spite of the film’s awfully simple and predictable plot.

Song, who won the New Currents prize at BIFF back in 2001 with his film “Flower Island,” has made a comeback with this conventional melodrama, which manages to be a solid tear-jerker deftly woven with epic action and various social issues from the underbelly of urban life.

“Such conventional love stories have been made into different variations throughout the history,” Song told reporters during a press premier held prior to the festival’s opening ceremony, Thursday. “I wanted to make another conventional version which takes place in today’s urban city. In the end, I really wanted tell a story of a man who devotes his life for the woman he loves, and of a woman who loves and waits with a genuine heart.”

Song also said it is important to acknowledge that the movie takes place in a present-day urban setting, which he thinks is “filled with greed and desire.”

“The fact that Cheol-min (So Ji-sub) delivers water and Jeong-hwa (Han Hyo-joo) connects people as a telephone operator mean something,” Song said. “These are not the most important things in the film, but carry certain significance as I also wanted to talk about present-day urbanity.”

Both So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo present captivating performances, bringing depth and reality to the film. Han, who is best known for her appearance in 2010 hit “Dong Yi,” said she is “completely a woman” in the movie “Always.”

“It’s because I am in love throughout this piece,” Han said. “I’ve never been so thoroughly in love with one person from the very beginning till the end in any of my previous works.”

This year’s BIFF closes with Japanese director Masato Harada’s 2011 work, “Chronicle of My Mother.” It tells a story of a successful author whose mother suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, and the secrets of her life that ironically unveil as she begins to lose her own memories.

The festival’s Gala Presentation will feature seven new films by renowned directors in Asia. They include director Bong Joon-ho’s “The Host 3D” -- the 3-D version of Bong’s famous 2006 movie of the same title -- and “A Reason to Live” by director Lee Jeong-hyang, which stars big-name actress Song Hye-gyo as a young female producer whose fiancee has been murdered by a teenager.

The festival runs until Sept. 14 at five venues in Haeundae including the Busan Cinema Center.

For tickets and information, visit www.biff.kr. (dyc@heraldm.com)

October 10, 2011

Han Hyo Joo: ‘My Best Decision Ever Is Becoming Actress’

Source: KBS Global

Actress Han Hyo Joo, who played the female protagonist named Jeong Hwa in the opening movie of the 2011 Busan International Film Festival, “Only You,” said, “That I decided to become an actress has been the best decision ever of my entire life. I greatly enjoy acting.”

Han came to a hotel in Busan for an interview on October 7. She said, “Pretending to be a blind person was very difficult, and my senses of touch and vision have become very sensitive.” The movie is about the love story between a man who was once a boxer and a woman who gradually loses her eyesight. Jeong Hwa is a tragic character who lost her parents and eyesight due to an accident. And she has endured many difficulties including her boss’s sexual harrassment, putting on a brave face and making a living for herself. Han Hyo Joo said, “I felt frustrated while playing Jeong Hwa. She has deep scars, but I could not understand why she always had a smile. So it was difficult to express her emotions. At that time, I came to meet an actress who lost her eyesight. She was living her life very pleasantly, and her appearance made me feel ashamed. She might have had sadness inside her, but she never showed any of her sorrow. I learned many things from her.”

7938_3159_l.jpg

She appeared with the star actor So Ji Seob for the first time. She said about him, “Before I met him, he was just one of ‘actors,’ but I have come to know that he is very kind while working together. In addition, his acting was amazing. He seemed to present natural acting rather than taking care of any technical acting. If we filmed the same scene five times, he showed all different emotions every time. I cannot act like that.”

7938_3160_l.jpg

She has appeared in dramas rather than movies so far. She gradually acquired more fans with her appearances in hit dramas such as “Brilliant Legacy” and “Dong Yi,” but she also steadily appeared in movies. She debuted with her appearance in the movie entitled “My Boss, My Teacher” in 2005, and she appeared as the protagonist for the first time in the movie “Ad-Lib Night” in 2006. Her acting in a low-budget movie “Ride Away” (2008) was well received by critics. She appeared in a telecinema entitled “Heaven's Postman” with Kim Jae Joong in 2009, and finally she was cast as the female protagonist of the commercial movie “You Only.” She said, “I appeared in a movie after such a long break and the atmosphere of filming a movie was unfamiliar to me, so I had difficulties in the beginning. I tried to comfort myself, but I still felt pressure. It was okay to have a long preparation period, but it was difficult to wait until I was ready. There were many scenes in which I had to express emotions such as crying, so those scenes that I had to continue to maintain those emotions even after having a little break between each scene were very difficult.”

7938_3161_l.jpg

Han Hyo Joo has shown various appearances in dramas and the movies, and she personally thinks that her best decision during her life of twenty five years was that she became an actress. She said, “Acting itself is very pleasant, and I could have a better life thanks to this job. If I were not an actress, how could I show kindness to others at this age? I always treat others to eat (laugh).” In the middle of her twenties, she has expanded her acting area from independent films to commercial films. But she said, “My acting ability has been overestimated so far, and I think that I could receive favorable responses thanks to good dramas.” Asked about her role model, she answered, “I do not have any particular role model, but I like the acting of Natalie Portman in her movie ‘Black Swan' and the acting of Marion Cotillard in ‘La Vie en Rose.’ I watched Marion Cotillard’s movie many times and felt something while watching it when I was in a slump.”

She also revealed that she did not want to be locked by other people’s evaluation about her, such as her image created by people. She said that she could film any provocative scene if necessary even though she has the image of a pure and innocent person. In addition, she said, “I do not want to focus on any particular genre. There is no way to say, ‘I will only appear in a certain kind of movie.’ If possible, I want to appear both in movies and dramas. While filming a drama, I can receive lots of feedback from people and I can completely be immersed in the work while filming it day and night. In case of filming a movie, it is different because I have to perfectly prepare in advance to show a perfect appearance. Now I want to film another movie and then I want to appear in a drama again.”

October 14, 2011

'[interview] So Ji Sub, ‘The reason I changed..'

Source: Lee, Jin Ho CJ E&M enewsworld

It was two years ago. I met him for the first time on the Blue Dragon Film Awards stage. From his striking height to his small face and an inexplicable, repressed charisma, I sensed a distant danger.

Two years later. We meet again. It was only for a short while, but it felt different this time. This is about actor So Ji Sub, 34, who has returned in film Always. So stars alongside actress Han Hyo Joo as a boxer in the heart wrenching film, and I wondered how he would steal the hearts of the audiences this time.

64864891.jpg

Meeting So Ji Sub

I’ve met a lot of celebrities, but my first encounter with So Ji Sub was something else. The image of him quietly smoking a cigarette is indelibly etched in my memory. He had a cold air about him, and it was difficult to carry on a conversation.

However, the present So Ji Sub is different. The tension remained, but he cracked a few jokes occasionally and laughed often. Still, when it comes to films and acting, there are certain things he is unwilling to compromise.

57881873.jpg

"Working with Han Hyo Joo was a good experience"

Always marks So’s long-awaited return to the big screen, and the actor has poured his heart and soul into his acting as well as his transformation into a boxer.

“I saw the film for the first time at the opening ceremony for the Busan International Film Festival,” said the actor. “It’s difficult to evaluate the film objectively because I’m in it, but I couldn’t contain myself thinking about each scene. I was more nervous because of the audience reaction. I was shocked when I heard that many male members of the audience cried. I felt great because it was affirmation.”<br>

Actress Han Hyo Joo is just one of many actresses who have expressed their interest in working with the actor. So I asked him what it was like working with the actress.

“It was really great,” said So. “Before this, I had only seen her on TV. She has a bright image, so I thought that she’d be bouncing around on set. But she’s a totally different person when you meet her. She studied and worked harder than I did. It was to the point where I wondered, ‘Was I like that at that age?’ I think that image is reflected in the Jung Ah character. I enjoyed filming and it will remain a good experience.”

57198696.jpg

"The reason I changed?"

So Ji Sub is known for being a man of little words. As I mentioned previously, when I met him two years ago, I could barely get a word out from him. However, So had changed a lot. I wondered what caused this sudden change.

“I think, because I played a lot of dark characters, a lot of people think I’m a dark person,” said the actor. “I don’t want to break that image, but the atmosphere on set often follows the actor’s inclination. If I didn’t talk, misunderstandings would often arise. It makes life particularly hard for those below you. The thought suddenly occurred to me one day that I was creating that kind of atmosphere. And I thought, ‘I can’t be like this.’”

So is also at the age where marriage is on the mind. I was curious about the actor’s ideal woman, his goals as well as the trivial things in life.

“I’d like her to be understanding of what I do and to have a warm heart,” said So. “I’d really like it if we shared the same dislikes rather than liked the same things. You don’t have to try when it comes to accommodating each other’s ‘likes,’ but it’s difficult to understand and take into consideration the other person’s ‘dislikes.’” The actor continued, “And if the opportunity presents itself, I want to work with fiery men like Ha Jung Woo and Ryu Seung Bum.”

71164710.jpg

A sculpture-esque body, soft manners and a voice that captures hearts—to be honest, as a man, I was jealous. However, the actor insisted he was lacking in many ways, and said he hasn’t been able to sleep well because of his recent slump. Beneath the picture-perfect surface, the actor revealed he is constantly agonizing and fighting with himself.

◇Profile

▶ So Ji Sub, Actor

▶ Birth date : November 4, 1977

▶ Height, weight : 182cm, 70kg

▶ Agency : 51K

▶ Family : 1 younger brother, 1 younger sister

▶ School : Chungwoon University

▶ Debut : 1994 STORM 1 model

Photo credit: Kim Byung Gwan

Translation Credit: Nancy Lee

Only You OST

824581Image.jpg

sound track no.1

곷이 피네요 - 노래 : 알렉스,호란

Flowers come into Blossom – Alex & Horan

Flowers come into blossom YT Link  Youtube Link 

Alex, Horan - Flowers Bloom (Only You OST Lyrics)

Flowers are blooming even in my heart

You are a fragrant spring

Flower petals are leading me

Making me fall into your embrace

It's you - the person I've been waiting for

I guess I was lonely by myself

Flowers are blooming in my heart that was always winter

Your warm heart is holding me

The stars in the night sky that I used to count alone

Are all in your two eyes

Pinky swear and promise me

That I won't ever walk alone again

It's you - the person I've been waiting for

I guess I was lonely by myself

Flowers are blooming in my heart that was always winter

Your warm heart is holding me 

credit: popgasa.com Via Sarvin16@SJS Soompi Thread

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ImSunRyeong

Hi... when will this movie can be downloaded?

Ehmm... I'm confused whether there is a link for downloading it but I can't find it or still haven't been released ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived