[Awards 2010] 2010 SBS Drama Awards / 2010 SBS 연기대상

Guest kdramafanusa

Congratulations to the former "Queen", now "President", Go Hyun Young for once again being honored for honoring us with her immense talents. And to all things "Hoi-hoi", who made everyone's year so special. :wub: And, of course, the cutest "Gumiho" that ever grew tails, our lovely Shin Mi-nah! :phew:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dramaok

i didn't watch most of these shows so i don't know about the awards,

but man.. GHJ looked good and her speech was awesome! she's got some major attitude and spunk.

and what a diva. but wow i love her. no one messes with her. the woman's gonna say what's on her mind,

and she don't care if you don't like it. love it. hee.

i was a bit shocked at some of the awards but it's SBS what do you expect huh, the popular shows will take all the awards, everyone gets something

havent watched the show fully yet, just bits

but No Min Woo's guitar's solo was HOT

did you guys see everyone's reactions

i think alot of ppl were impressed!!!!

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest Fallin_st4rz

I agree KSY and PSH should have won best couple award, their chemistry was so cute and loveable in PP!! don't know what sbs thinking. Is it just me or is the couple HJW and NB not that great, i like HB but HJW's character is just too grumpy to me and all she thinks of is the second lead (only up to episode 9 or 10 i am), so dont know how they are given the best couple award. (imo)

So sad to see KSY not winning any award :( she's such a great actress! i guess this is all about popularity not true talent(sigh). sorry my bad she actually won top 10 award, so happie for her=)

Congrats to Miho Couple, they're well deserved! :)

Guest kdramafanusa

Congrats to all the winners.   Thanks everyone for all the updates & discussions.

Happy New Year.

Wow... so every n00b gets an award?

Yup.  There are usually 10 winners in the newcomer award, pretty much everyone gets one.  

I had trouble streaming live, I haven't seen the entire show yet but SBS gave out even more awards this year.

They added individual categories to the Top Excellence awards.  In previous years, there were:

1) Daesang (grand prize; biggest award)

2) Top Excellence award (ie. Most Oustanding Performance/Acting)

Daesang is chosen from these nominees (selected from all categories in the past).  The artist doesn't have to win this award to win the Grand Prize

3) Excellence award (ie. Oustanding Performance/Acting; below the other 2 groups) for individual categories

For Best Couple award, there have been 1 or 2 winners only & they gave out 3 this year.

EDIT:  What's the rule for 'Voting down post'?  Where can we find information on it here on Soompi?

I think it's for post that's irrelevant to the thread.  Seems like some are using it for the wrong reason & it's getting annoying.  Just because someone has an opinion that's different from yours doesn't mean that you should give it a thumb down.   Please respect the fact that not everyone will like the same drama/star/couple/etc.  Cheers~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watch these award shows for stars & fashion? :)

Sportseoul Best VS Worst

20110101_080438909364_4.jpg

20110101_080438909364_0.jpg

20110101_080438909364_3.jpg

20110101_080438909364_1.jpg

20110101_080438909364_2.jpg

Annyeong~~~

Wow! Many great actors won the awards..

Congratulations to Kwon Sangwoo, Hyun Bin, Ha Jiwon, and Go Hyunjung ^^

And i'm so glad to know that Lee Seunggi won the Drama Special Actor award, Top 10 Stars award and Best Couple award..

Congratulations to all winners..Seriously, i'm not disappointed with the result..All my favorites won the awards yay!!

Happy New Year everyone :)

Guest kdramafanusa

came across an article on 2010 Dramas

(it's weekend, there's no english news articles on these year-end award shows yet)

Three broadcasting systems and their drama series: Who was the most successful?

December 30, 2010 /  admin 

Seoul, Korea – Unexpected events occurred for 2010’s drama series. Those that captured the attention of many even before they aired received an embarrassingly low audience rating, and some unexpectedly achieved a high audience rating when other blockbusters were airing at the same time.  

kimtakgu.jpg

KBS’s King of Baking, Kim Takgu gets the highest audience rating, MBC gets the lowest. 

Also, there was one drama series that did not meet the expectations of its producers regarding the audience ratings but instead built a group of avid followers who commented with much enthusiasm about the series online. 

As usual, the three broadcasting systems, KBS, MBC, and SBS showed impressive casts, invested colossal amounts of money into their drama series, and competed intensely with each other.  

chuno.jpg

◆ KBS  

KBS spent a happy year with its drama series King of Baking, Kim Takgu, which recorded the highest audience rating. With Yoon Si Yoon, a new actor, as its protagonist, the drama series achieved the highest audience rating of 49.3 percent (according to AGB Nielson).   

Even though the competing actors were So Ji-sub and Kim Ha-neul in the drama series Road Number One and Kim Nam-gil and Han Ga In in Bad Guy, Yoon Si Yoon, playing his first leading role in King of Baking, Kim Takgu, put up an astonishing fight.  

In addition, Chuno, which aired early this year achieved an average audience rating of 30.3 percent and featured high-quality acting and fancy action scenes, was loved by many viewers.   

Chuno also had much good fortune with awards. Besides receiving the Best Drama Award at the 2010 Korea Drama Festival, Chuno received the highest award for Best Mini-Series,” the Hallyu Drama Daesang, the Award for Best Director, and the Hallyu Star Male Actor Award at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2010.  

scandal.jpg 

Even though it received a low average audience rating of 10 percent, there is another series that achieved high popularity and recorded 400,000 comments on its official website and other Internet forums.   

In the drama series Sungkyunkwan Scandal, “Flower Bachelor” Lee Sun Joon (played by Park Yoo Chun), “Dae mul” Kim Yoon Hee (Park Min Young), “Geol oh” Moon Jae Shin (Yoo Ah In), and “Yeo rim” Goo Yong Ha (Song Jung Ki) gained popularity as the “Tickling Gang of Four.” Park Yoo Chun, who extinguished the voices of concern regarding an inexperienced singing-idol- turned-actor, expressed well the candid nature of Lee Sun Joon and was loved by many viewers as he improved his acting.   

Yoo Ah In, the main character of the “Love for Goel” craze, immediately extinguished all controversy about his casting and won women’s hearts. Song Jung Ki also gained popularity as a character with unique charms. 

road-no.1.jpg

MBC   

MBC spent its worst year in regard to drama because the drama series Road Number One, which cost 13 million won to produce and boasted a top-star cast, was simply ignored by viewers.  

This masterpiece, which boasted a renowned cast of So Ji-sub, Kim Ha-neul, and Yoo Gye-sang and featured a large-scale war story, received an audience rating of only 6.2 percent.   

Also, Playful Kiss which aimed to be the second Boys Over Flowers, received a low audience rating of 4.9 percent.  

playful-kiss.jpg

In particular, Playful Kiss received a lot of criticism for the poor acting skills of its main characters and for the unrealistic development of the story.

Dong-yi was the only series that received a satisfactory audience rating of 23.0 percent. 

giant.jpg

SBS   

SBS achieved a 21.9-percent audience rating for its 60-episode drama series Giant. In particular, Giant ended happily with an audience rating of 38.2 percent for its last episode.

With a story revolving around the growth and love of three siblings during the development of Seoul during the 70s, Giant maintained its popularity through brilliant performances by its actors and a solid story. 

Also Daemul, which starred Ko Hyeon-jeong and Kwon Sang Woo, faced many problems when its screenplay writer was replaced, but the series was still able to achieve an average audience rating of 25.7 percent and 28.3 percent on its last episode.  

secret-garden.jpg 

SBS showed strength in its weekend drama series. Loving You a Thousand Times and Next Door Enemy both received audience ratings higher than 20 percent, and You, Smile and Life Is Beautiful both received at least 15 percent.

Secret Garden, which is currently airing, with Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won as lead actors, is eliciting an enthusiastic response with its unique storyline that consists of a set-up where the protagonists switch bodies and a love story between a second-generation jaebol and a stuntwoman.

Hyun Bin is captivating the hearts of many female viewers, and Secret Garden is on its march towards popularity with an audience rating of 30 percent. 

By Yoon Bora (bora@jtn.co.kr) 

Source: JTN (Original article in Korean)

Photo from JTN DB

Translated by Sung Kyu Chang / Korea.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

english.chosun.com

Today's Photo: January 1, 2011

2011010100298_0.jpg

Ko Hyun-jung (left) and Kwon Sang-woo pose at the SBS Drama Awards 2010 in Seoul on Friday.

2011010100298_1.jpg

Hwang Jung-eum

2011010100298_2.jpg

Nam Kyu-ri

2011010100298_3.jpg

Han Hye-jin

2011010100298_5.jpg

Lee Seung-gi

2011010100298_6.jpg

Lee Philip

englishnews@chosun.com / Jan. 01, 2011 11:09 KST

Guest mysweetaddiction

i didn't watch most of these shows so i don't know about the awards,

but man.. GHJ looked good and her speech was awesome! she's got some major attitude and spunk.

and what a diva. but wow i love her. no one messes with her. the woman's gonna say what's on her mind,

and she don't care if you don't like it. love it. hee.

couldn't agree more. GHJ is one helluva rockin' superstar! B)

but i wonder what her speech meant though. hope someone could translate it for me. :rolleyes:

Guest kdramafanusa

but i wonder what her speech meant though. hope someone could translate it for me.  :rolleyes:

I only read the Chinese translation of her speech at GoHyunJung@Baidu

She mentioned Cha In-Pyo & Kwon Sang-Woo (Daemul co-stars), Jung Bo-Seok & Lee Beom-Soo (JBS, LBS, and GHJ are the top candidates for Daesang).  Hope someone can translate. :)

Chinese

演員高賢廷(39)兩年連續在演技大賞頒獎禮上得到大獎。

高賢廷“對親愛的國民們有一定要說的話所以來了。我認為製作一部電視劇不是結果,過程是美麗的。那些不太清楚這過程的人們隨隨便便說這演員怎麼樣,那演員怎麼樣,希望不要這樣。”

高賢廷“演員表演的每個瞬間都是用真心去演的。因為我不參加頒獎禮被討厭,讓我不要來的時候,因為想來還是這樣來了。我這次演大物時,在現場也碰到過類似的事情。氣氛非常不好,工作人員都沉下心,作品能成功嗎,有這樣的想法。”

高賢廷“沒能歡迎後來來的導演感到非常抱歉,當時討厭作家了非常抱歉。真的因為討厭你所以罵你的嗎?是傷心才那樣的。不要往心裡去,新的一年里希望有好運。感謝導演,工作人員,個人的話,公司和家人辛苦了。最後感謝車仁表前輩。”

高賢廷還對權相佑說“河道也啊,你不是河道也,從現在氣是我的道也了。明年用空打一兩次電話吧,不打的話我生氣了。鄭寶石前輩,李凡秀,我得獎不要緊吧?各位國民我愛你們。從總統的位置下來以後作為演員生活了。Happy new year。”

original korean article (Newsen)

2011010102144710011.jpg

I only read the Chinese translation of her speech at GoHyunJung@Baidu

She mentioned Cha In-Pyo, Kwon Sang-Woo, Jung Bo-Seok, Lee Beom-Soo.  Hope someone can translate. :)

original korean article (Newsen)

Chinese

演员高贤廷(39)两年连续在演技大赏颁奖礼上得到大奖。

高贤廷“对亲爱的国民们有一定要说的话所以来了。我认为制作一部电视剧不是结果,过程是美丽的。那些不太清楚这过程的人们随随便便说这演员怎么样,那演员怎么样,希望不要这样。”

高贤廷“演员表演的每个瞬间都是用真心去演的。因为我不参加颁奖礼被讨厌,让我不要来的时候,因为想来还是这样来了。我这次演大物时,在现场也碰到过类似的事情。气氛非常不好,工作人员都沉下心,作品能成功吗,有这样的想法。”

高贤廷“没能欢迎后来来的导演感到非常抱歉,当时讨厌作家了非常抱歉。真的因为讨厌你所以骂你的吗?是伤心才那样的。不要往心里去,新的一年里希望有好运。感谢导演,工作人员,个人的话,公司和家人辛苦了。最后感谢车仁表前辈。”

高贤廷还对权相佑说“河道也啊,你不是河道也,从现在气是我的道也了。明年用空打一两次电话吧,不打的话我生气了。郑宝石前辈,李凡秀,我得奖不要紧吧?各位国民我爱你们。从总统的位置下来以后作为演员生活了。Happy new year。”

I got this translation from DAEMUL Facebook .....

http://www.facebook.com/guing04#!/pages/Daemul/145576798815914

With the trophy in her arms, Go Hyun Jung stated, “I hope people are as happy as I am. Everyone, I came here today to say something I’ve been wanting to say. When we’re creating dramas and acting with the participation of all of... the staf...f members, please do not speak about the final product through the viewer ratings as you wish. Wherever they are acting, actors and actress as you wish. Wherever they are acting, actors and actresses use genuine and honest feelings for that moment. For that one moment, we act with everything we have.”

She continued, “While recording for ‘Daemul,’ I saw a lotus flower on the film set. It was a difficult time, and I realized that it all depended on what kind of determination the staff members had. I was upset in not being able to welcome director Kim Cheol Kyu. I thought that was for the best. I said a lot of bad things about the writer while acting, but they weren’t out of hate.”

Guest Walkman

Congrats to all the winners.   Thanks everyone for all the updates & discussions.

Happy New Year.

Yup.  There are usually 10 winners in the newcomer award, pretty much everyone gets one.  

I had trouble streaming live, I haven't seen the entire show yet but SBS gave out even more awards this year.

They added individual categories to the Top Excellence awards.  In previous years, there were:

1) Daesang (grand prize; biggest award)

2) Top Excellence award (ie. Most Oustanding Performance/Acting)

Daesang is chosen from these nominees (selected from all categories in the past).  The artist doesn't have to win this award to win the Grand Prize

3) Excellence award (ie. Oustanding Performance/Acting; below the other 2 groups) for individual categories

Ah...I knew something was off this year with the Top Excellence category...instead of their being one definite top excellence category it was split into three top categories and then the Daesang at the top. They should have kept the previous format instead of just giving everyone an award. Oh well.

Guest kdramafanusa

I got this translation from DAEMUL Facebook .....

http://www.facebook....145576798815914

Thanks for sharing.

I summarized the last part, it's not word by word. Just a gist. :)

She thanked the director, staff, agency, family.  Cha InPyo sun bae nim.

She faced KSW & said "Ha DoYa......." She said to call her one or twice when he has time next year, she'll be mad if he doesn't.  Jung BoSeok sun bae nim, Lee BeomSoo-shi, it's okay for me to get the award? 

LBS, JBS, GHJ

20101231132325542621.jpg

Ah...I knew something was off this year with the Top Excellence category...instead of their being one definite top excellence category it was split into three top categories and then the Daesang at the top. They should have kept the previous format instead of just giving everyone an award. Oh well.

I guess they wanted to accommodate everyone at their year-end party. :)

I don't remember seeing these categories in the past as well:

최우수 작품상=자이언트   Best Drama Award = Giant   [makes sense to have this award though]

....there are some other differences from previous years. :)

(took from the newsen article above about GHJ's speech)

Guest Chanel_Mademoiselle

usually in the past korean drama that are still being aired and just starting out are still nominated towards the drama awards even if there ending next year mid summer or something. But athena goddess of war wasnt 0.0. Maybe to have competition between KBS and SBS next year for Iris 2 and Athena?

Guest hongloy

Happy New Year to all smile.gif

Congratulations to the team drama Secret Garden ^ ^

Yes they are the best couple.

But that did not see a tribute to team drama bad man!! Why?unsure.gif

Archived