Shin Se Kyung 신세경

Admin

the touching dialog between BY & BW

Translation [from subs I was watching]:

BW: -hugs BY-

BY: Your Highness.

BW: Make sure... you go to Banchon. Like you said, you must not get involved in what I do or what Sambong does.

BY: Why are you saying this out of the blue?

BW: All I care about is you staying out of this mess.

BY: Why are you saying this to me?

BW: If you can stay out of it... if I can be sure of that...

BY: Then will you... feel relieved enough to live as a beast?

BW: Yes. I will be free to do so.

BY: Don’t do that. Please don’t. If you’re being like this, how could I go to Banchon and not worry about you?

BW: In any case, you have to leave here... Whether I turn into a beast or a monster and regardless of what happens to me, even if I die. Even if that happens... “Boon Yi must be smiling somewhere at this moment.” I want to be able to think like that.

BY: When we used to be friends back then... I told you why I liked you. Do you remember the reason?

BW: Because I didn’t look like I’d ever die.

—BY nods her head; BW & BY look at each other—

thanx @Ayame

[mslee's thoughts] GIF Six Flying Dragons Episode 40 Highlights

That red envelop went to Boon Yi's hands. She cried for the lost life of the young boy who was full of dreams. She was torn between her decisions that Bang Won was waiting. She also wanted to give up and just live a peaceful life but she could not do it because her conscience could not abandon the people who were looking up to her as their leader. She decided to negotiate with the red envelop and a white envelop in front of Sambong and Bang Won.

The Negotiations...

ss18.gif

ss19.gif

ss20.gif

She asked for land even wastelands because they can not wait for the fair land distribution project any longer. Sambong decided to give her and her people a village called Banchon, a place next to Sungkyungkwan. They can live there not as a slave but as an ordinary people. I think through this agreement, her group will not be a part of Sambong's intelligence. A decision that also show that Boon Yi is choosing to be on Bang Won\s side.

The meeting was like a betrayal of trust for Bang Won. It seemed that Boon Yi was trying to reconcile him and Sambong. But then, he could not stop her from doing it because of what just happened to the dead boy.

That meeting also clearly defines the wall separating Bang Won and Sambong. It has somehow marked the official separation of Bang Won and Sambong now that they had talked faced to faced about the plans of Sambong. Bang Won also let him know that he already knew even before about the 5 rules. 

to read more:

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 41

by HeadsNo2 (drama beans)
sixdragons41-00471.jpg

But she wishes that weren’t the case, because she can’t leave him for Banchon while still worrying about him. Tears fill his eyes as he implores her to let him think that no matter what happens to him, even if he were to die, she’d be somewhere with a smile on her face. “Please, let me think that way,” he asks, as he closes his eyes against the onslaught of tears.

In answer, Boon-yi reminds him of the reason she first came to like him, back when they were friends. “Because you did not think that I would die [easily],” he answers, bringing a small smile of farewell to both their faces.

to read more: