★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WintersRain

thanks so much for the fancams!!! ^.^ that intro was totally SICK and jiyong jumping around the stage is sooo cute ^.^

as for lollipop's rankings... i really think we don't need to be worrying too much about it. like i said before, lollipop is just a CF song, with no promotions, no MV, etc., and it's still rising in ranks - i think it's gonna do really well for a while to come, we don't have to worry at all ^.^

plus, when big bang's actual comeback... well, comes back, it's gonna be a HUGE BANG in the industry ^.^ like jiyong said earlier, big bang will definitely come back with a new and improved sound, and take the music scene by storm!! i also completely agree with a lot of other supporters here - big bang sets the trends, they don't follow, and they will definitely show that again with their upcoming album! they don't have to worry about conforming to the public, because they produce such great music just doing what they want to do, doing what they feel is right ^.^

and, while i know we'll never really be able to completely disregard chart rankings (as we worry over big bang's popularity just as much as the boys themselves, i'm sure ^.^), we VIPs will always support big bang, no matter what their rankings are, right? and we already know what talented, hardworking artists they are, we don't need to rely on rankings to prove to us how great they are ^.^

i actually like YG's way of promoting their artists, but i do wish they'd be a bit more organized. or, at least, be sure of things before they release official statements about upcoming album/song releases...

i really like the weekly promotion policy they made for 2ne1, and i hope they restrict big bang's promotions for their come back as well. i definitely don't want another streak of events like back in 2007, with one member after another collapsing and going to the hospital... :( i think YG really cares about their artists though, and they've definitely gotten better in being attentive to their artists' conditions. ^.^

Guest itszmaeee

And for those who fear that 2ne1 or 2pm or maybe even SNSD would beat Big Bang in terms of owning 2010, I have the same fears before when these 3 groups were REALLY GAINING MOMENTUM, and when BB's fan cafe started decreasing (that was around mid 2009). I admit that up until now, I still fear that BB would lose it all.

Up until now, this is my impression of YG.

1. doesn't want to tire out their talents so much

2. doesn't want overexposure of talents

3. doesn't want to make fun or embarrass their talents, even for a good laugh

4. cares about a respectful and serious image

5. gives freedom to their artists (at least at a degree more than the other companies)

6. has a family atmosphere

7. doesn't care about awards or charts

conclusion: YG Entertainment doesn't want their talents to be seen as Idols, but rather as Artists/Performers. However, Media, Critics, and Fans would always treat Big Bang and 2NE1 as idols because a.)of their looks, b.)of their songs and c.)of their fashion. But then, for YG, they don't care what others say as long as they see their talents as artists/performers who are serious of their craft. That's why I respect and love YG Family so much much more than the others.

I took out some part of your post because this parts are the ones that I felt like commenting on lol. Anyways, to be honest, a part of me is scared on how Big Bang will turn out this year. Wonder Girls, Rain, SE7EN, Lee Hyori and Big Bang are all coming back this year. The groups and artists tha had been on a very long hiatus unlike other groups that are out now. That's a real competition right there. I do fear for Big Bang. Why? With so many anticipations and hype coming from other groups and artists, I don't even know if other will be able to keep up with them.

Though I do disagree with the whole YG doesn't care about looks. That was before. You need an image to have people to like you. Some like YG Artists for their looks and talents. I'm pretty sure YG cares A LOT about looks but not as much as other companies because imo, if you want people to pay attention and look at your artists, you will need to have them prepared and dressed up. I think YG's "Talents>Looks" policy is fading slowly. They may look for talents at first but it will all end up the same as other companies which is looks also.

I do love YG Family as much as I love SM Artist. And of course I sometimes based it on their looks and talents.

Guest yaoming11

I took out some part of your post because this parts are the ones that I felt like commenting on lol. Anyways, to be honest, a part of me is scared on how Big Bang will turn out this year. Wonder Girls, Rain, SE7EN, Lee Hyori and Big Bang are all coming back this year. The groups and artists tha had been on a very long hiatus unlike other groups that are out now. That's a real competition right there. I do fear for Big Bang. Why? With so many anticipations and hype coming from other groups and artists, I don't even know if other will be able to keep up with them.

Though I do disagree with the whole YG doesn't care about looks. That was before. You need an image to have people to like you. Some like YG Artists for their looks and talents. I'm pretty sure YG cares A LOT about looks but not as much as other companies because imo, if you want people to pay attention and look at your artists, you will need to have them prepared and dressed up. I think YG's "Talents>Looks" policy is fading slowly. They may look for talents at first but it will all end up the same as other companies which is looks also.

I do love YG Family as much as I love SM Artist. And of course I sometimes based it on their looks and talents.

I still think YG has the Talent>Looks

Looks and Image are two different things.

Honestly most of YG isn't extremely attractive, but they make up for it with their style. Their fashion, hair and other accessories. In the end even if your not attractive, you'll still have a unique, strong and presentable image.

I'm positive that YG still puts talent first. All of Big Bang got in because of their talent People ask why Dara got into YG if YG only looked for talent well Dara was originally a YG actress not a singer. She still had to work hard to be considered a singer of YG.

So no offense but I think your wrong saying that YG is slowly going for looks.

I'm the biggest YG fan and all but if they were really going for looks whoever recruited Big Bang and 2ne1 should get fired lol. Cuz lets face it they're not the best looking idols out there. However they have the most talent, charisma and stage presence out of anyone

Guest intelligirl

I was going to post these, but you were faster :lol:. These scans are so beautiful- the three vocalists look stunning. *__*

Awkwardness and all I think that DaeRi has the potential to become my next OTP. They MC, sing, and look good together XDDD

Guest redevilica

available in

:lol:

cashewmania kpop download

Thanks a bunch, tam! :D

[HQ] Big Bang – 2010 Japan Electric Live Tour Coverage on Mezamashi TV (2010-02-16) [FLY님].avi [212.02 MB]

[HQ] Big Bang – Lollipop 2 CF (15s).avi [10.35 MB]

[HQ] Big Bang – Lollipop 2 (Girl Version) CF (15s).avi [10.84 MB]

Big Bang – Cyon’s Release of Making of Lollipop 2 [s님].wmv [11.08 MB]

Big Bang – Making of Lollipop 2 on Cetizen [s님].avi [127.73 MB]

[LQ] Big Bang – Making of Lollipop 2 Part 1 [s님].avi [4.7 MB]

[LQ] Big Bang – Making of Lollipop 2 Part 2 [s님].avi [10.48 MB]

Please credit when taking out! Thanks! :D

[HQ] Yuri & Tiffany (SNSD), C.N Blue, Seungri & Daesung (Big Bang) – Gee, Champion, Happy Birthday on Music Core (2010-02-20).avi [243.2 MB]

Visit Cashewmania blog for direct links

Guest itszmaeee

I sorta mixed looks and image. I just realized it now, but what I'm trying to say is that YG at least should care how his artists looks that's the point of having hairstylist, stylist coordinators and such to make them look proper in the public's eyes. Yes, we see Big Bang as talented boys but you can't deny the fact that they are awesomely goodlooking guys. Oh well. I still believe YG goes for looks the least. Even if he goes for talents, you still gotta have that 'look' factor.

Guest nisssr3

i spot some daeri action in those bsx pics, they were adorable^^

i watched intimate note again yesterday and i couldn't help but to laugh at their awkwardness, lol.

i like maknae's hairstyle yesterday and in bsx pic.

Guest kresten

I still believe that Big bang (and the other Idol group of YG) members were all scouted based on talents. Come on guys, have you seen the predebut pictures of these 5 boys and 4 girls?

Let's have a run down.

1. In the past, Youngbae was far from HOT, SEXY, or CUTE that he is now. EEEWWW!!! YB was definitely not good looking when he started in YG!!! If he would have auditioned for S* Ent or J*P Ent, he would not have made it because he looked AVERAGE in the past, not your usual Idol. Idols should be really cute and beautiful and handsome even as a 13 year old (look at those SM kids, they were all obviously beautiful people the moment they were scouted). BUT YB WAS STILL SCOUTED EVEN THOUGH HE WASN'T THE SWOON-WORTHY TYPE of 13yr.old. Why was he scouted? Because he was damn a good rapper/singer and a very determined soul, that's why Yang hyunsuk took a chance on him.

It's only a bonus now that he grew up to be a very hot and sexy man with a chiseled body!

2. Kwon Jiyong. I admit, Jiyong already had traces of good looks and charm even as a 13 yr.old. Compared to YB, he was the more attractive one in the past. But I got to say, his rapping skills and charisma definitely overshadowed his boyish charm! Have you heard him rap when he was a kid? Skilled! This was the only reason that he was scouted. Again, his boyish cuteness was only a bonus.

Let's just thank the Lord that Jiyong still has that boyish charm we all fell in love with, even if he is now a grown-up man.

3. Choi Seunghyun. My good Lord. He already had that handsome face the moment he was scouted. I hated YG for telling TOP that he couldn't make it because he was fat! Even SM accepted Shind*ng. Anyway, who would have thought that this fat man would grow up to be the handsome one of the group? Still, TOP's good looks were still not that outstanding during his predebut days. it was only in the post-lies days when his real handsomeness showed. Lucky YG TOP grew up to be a manly and handsome man.

4. Kang Daesung. Oh come on, before he was the happy and funny angel DaeDae we all love, he was the odd one out. Among the six YG boy trainees, Dae had the least good look. But he was definitely scouted. Why? because he had the voice of an angel, 'nuff said!

5. Lee Seunghyun. poor him. Up until now, there are still VIPs and non VIPs who doubt his abilities. During the predebut days, Seungri looked like a premature teenager. He looked weird, and it was very obvious that he came from the province. Still his looks weren't outstanding, not your usual idol. but YG recruited him because of his skills and determination. Lucky YG and lucky VIPs, our maknae is growing up to be a fine hot man.

Sorry for the long post. But I just had to say my piece. YG definitely values SKILLS and TALENTS over LOOKS. Big Bang boys weren't good looking or cute in the past, but they grew up to be hot men. Again, lucky for YG and the VIPs.

I have to be honest and say that I am quite pissed and disappointed at the same time to see that some of our fellow VIPs actually think that our boys are not popular anymore.

And that for them to be back on track again...they have to follow the trend that is the rage in K-pop music these days.

First off...BIGBANG not popular? And (some of you) people base this on what? On LOLLIPOP 2's rankings? If that is your basis alone, then you got it wrong.

First off...this is supposed to be just a song for A CF. Yes, it's a digital release but the main star of this CF is not really the song but the brand that the boys are endorsing.

And there I would justify my point that BIGBANG is still *popular*.

If you are a businessman and would get someone to endorse, to carry the name of your product - would you choose a person/group of person who is not popular?

Someone who the consumers doesn't recognize? Someone who doesn't influence the public?

Of course not! You would get someone who is not only popular but someone who has a reputable image.

And for that, I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT BIGBANG IS STILL POPULAR AND HAS MAINTAIN THEIR IMAGE that's why endorsements keep on pouring in despite them not releasing a Korean album in more than a year.

Forgive me for saying this but how can you base BIGBANG's popularity on just a single song?

And more so, how dare you to even suggest for BIG BANG to follow the trend?

You know the worst thing that could happen to an artist? That would be for him/her running out of talent and ideas when it comes to their music that he/she is reduced to just go with the current trend.

That would mark the demise of his/her career. Because he/she is going to be just another idol - a manufactured eye candy.

That's what I LOVE about BIG BANG. They stay true to their roots. Once in a while, they do inject this new trend into their music but at the end of the day, their own true style comes out.

So yeah...there. I got it out of my system. Don't hate me people,ok? I'm just saying my two cents worth. Peace. :)

I still think YG has the Talent>Looks

Looks and Image are two different things.

Honestly most of YG isn't extremely attractive, but they make up for it with their style. Their fashion, hair and other accessories. In the end even if your not attractive, you'll still have a unique, strong and presentable image.

I'm positive that YG still puts talent first. All of Big Bang got in because of their talent People ask why Dara got into YG if YG only looked for talent well Dara was originally a YG actress not a singer. She still had to work hard to be considered a singer of YG.

So no offense but I think your wrong saying that YG is slowly going for looks.

I'm the biggest YG fan and all but if they were really going for looks whoever recruited Big Bang and 2ne1 should get fired lol. Cuz lets face it they're not the best looking idols out there. However they have the most talent, charisma and stage presence out of anyone

You totally took words

out of my mouth with this post.

What got me into BIG BANG

is because I am attracted their individual

charisma and stage presence

yet being able to be as one.

You know just like how rainbow is made

up of 7 different colours(with different names),but when together

they are called by one name - that is RAINBOW.

And I am still awed by their

performances each time,because

to said the truth their performances

are so much special each time as compared

to most of the k-pop groups out there.

& kresten I like the way

you did a short analysis on the guys.

I do agree with it too :)

Those Magazine scans

are lovely & hot at the same time.

woah! 17 THINGS WE'VE LEARNED ABOUT BIG BANG?

i will want to know about it too :rolleyes:

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

I sorta mixed looks and image. I just realized it now, but what I'm trying to say is that YG at least should care how his artists looks that's the point of having hairstylist, stylist coordinators and such to make them look proper in the public's eyes. Yes, we see Big Bang as talented boys but you can't deny the fact that they are awesomely goodlooking guys. Oh well. I still believe YG goes for looks the least. Even if he goes for talents, you still gotta have that 'look' factor.

During their debut days BB boys are definately not goodlooking as all (only TOP and GD are, Seungri is ok) but for me, Taeyang and Daesung are umm..definately not goodlooking... but as years past they're now awesomely goodlooking/hot guys. althought i'm already a fan of BB before i watched their documentry, and Taeyang is already my favourite member but whenever i watched the Documentary i kept thinking wow Taeyang is ugly and he looks more like a little 15 years old boy than a 19 years old boy...that is why now i'm very thankful that YG let the boys have their own solo activities because without solo activity i don't think i would become a fan of BB. Taeyang is the reason why i like BB, i love his R&B voice, not just because he's hot lol

BB is a good example of Ugly Duckling Turn Into Prince Charming.

many groups now gained fans because they are goodlooking, beastly, have six-packs body and whatever..but BB gained fans through their music,through their documentary where we get to see their real harships.

Guest sakime-yong

Well guys! Im so happy and so exited for lollopop 2 MV. I have to admit the songs didn't catch my attention at first, BUT when I listened to it again WOOOh it so catchy Plus the factor of seeing the cF making honestly.

And I do really think that the song would be more popular once the MV release! Look and watch their charm in that CF, I don;t know what others would think but it is my opinion. Just wait for their comeback! I have a faith in them!. Theres no way Bigbang will lose their popularity, not beacuse I'm saying this beacuse I'm a fan but beleive me :P

The concert was a huge succcess, and even though I want them to exposed more on variety shows, or even in a drama series, movie. hehehe. I feel that YG has its own strategy .And our boys has its own charm that would everybody wants to see haha sounds so lame? I cant really express it here. I admit I'm not that fluent in english. okay guys B)

Guest kresten

macrina - agreed 100%! I'm not a war freak or whatever, but I definitely think that it was so insensitive for anyone to say that BB has to sorta follow the trend in order to maintain or gain back their top status, especially here in the Big Bang thread because the fans who take time to read here are the fans who FELL IN LOVE WITH THE TRENDSETTERS NAMELY BIG BANG. Na-uh!!!

sw8et_vietgurl agreed 100% again. BB has fans because of their great music and outstanding fashion sense. I first fell in love with them because their music are so damn catchy and different from the rest in Kpop!!

sakime-yong agreed 100% too. We VIPs have pretty much learned to accept YG's strategy.

And I hope we don't dwell too long on this chart-losing-popularity thingy because it just makes many VIPs depressed. While other artists' threads are busy discussing about their idols' achievements and popularity, why are we sooooo negative here in the BB thread because of all this talks on losing popularity? Even as an ELF or Cassie, I have never encountered those fandoms to be fuzzing about their idols losing top status in the past (when DBS* and SuJ* were in an almost 2-yr hiatus). Why are we? Are we that insecure? I hope not! Let's all be secured of Big Bang's status.

Remember?

9th MKMF Noraesang

18th Hi1 Seoul Music Awards Daesang

Korea Music Awards Best R&B Album (for the main vocalist)

Korea Music Awards Best R&B Artist (for the main vocalist)

10th MKMF Kasusang

1st MAMA Albumsang (for the group's leader)

1st Melon Awards Albumsang (for the group's leader)

5 Daesangs, baby!!!

Archived