Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinhdeplol

[Column] Big Bang Makes a Big Bang Comeback into the Kpop Industry

126dfed662dc06293283a79.jpg

As always, Big Bang has made another popular hit. Its familiar tunes are cheerful yet sophisticated and interwoven well with Big Bang’s unique vocals and raps. While members stayed in the public’s eyes by participating in solo or unit activities, the group came together for the first time in two years for their fourth mini album.

Big Bang’s new album was a hot issue even before its release. The album skyrocketed as soon as it was released on domestic music portals. Additionally, the new album topped the charts internationally as it ranked 6th on the United States’ iTunes overall music chart on February 26. This is the first time a Korean artist has ranked within the top ten in the iTunes’s overall music charts.

Big Bang’s popularity and power can also be felt on hallyu media portal site Soompi (soompi.com), which has 2 million viewers daily and 22 million views per page. Its members consist of foreigners from over 150 countries. Soompi’s “Why I Love Big Bang” event registered over 800 videos, artworks, and essays within a week.

Fans worldwide, from the United States to Chile to France to Singapore, showed their passionate love and fervor for Big Bang. One Mexican fan worked as many part-time jobs she could to raise enough money to come to Korea. Another fan personally drew and colored skulls and zodiac signs on Big Bang’s new album jacket for four days.

Most Big Bangish and Steps to Growth

Music fans are happy to see their favorite artists mature and push themselves to new limits. G-Dragon has steadily developed his vocal and rapping skills to become a pivotal member of Big Bang, and TOP has shown his ability to rap in a provocative low voice. Taeyang has also stepped up in his duties as main vocalist. In the new album, the strength of Taeyang’s main vocals is apparent. Seungri’s delicate voice is also an essential part of Big Bang’s unique sound. Most surprisingly, Daesung’s matured manly vocals stand out. Fans were unable to hear much of Daesung’s voice while the group was on hiatus, making the change in Daesung that much more attention-grabbing.

Everything from the sensational use of auto-tunes in “Intro” to the remade Korean version of the Japanese “Somebody to Love” erases any doubts that fans may have had in their two year hiatus and leaves fans commenting how very Big Bangish it was. The mix and match of the vocals offered an individualistic sound that no other group but the Big Bang can pull off.

Big Bang also explored new genres for the fourth mini album. “What is Right” follows a more rock style while “Café” experiments with the blues genre. “What is Right” falls into Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry’s trendy and pop rock genre. “Café” is intricately produced with G-Dragon’s high and TOP’s low pitched rap along with Taeyang and Seungri’s high pitched vocals. The high voices of its other members are harmonized with Daesung’s vocals giving fans an irresistibly unique charm.

The title track “Tonight” definitely shows Big Bang’s colors. As always, Big Bang is one step ahead of the music industry trends. The melodies are full of sentiments that flow well and lyrics making it reminiscent of hip hop idol Drake. While “Tonight” is full of emotional melodies and lyrics, it is less fluttery than Drakes’ tracks. Instead it is lighter and more candid with lyrics that explode with emotional passion. “Tonight” feels familiar because Big Bang manages to keep their individuality while following the newest hip hop trend.

There is no higher praise for musicians than to say their works sound familiar and is mainstream music. However, it also brings about originality and plagiarism issues. For example, the chorus portion of Spain’s Enrique Iglesias’s “Tonight” is reminiscent of United Kingdom’s Craig David’s “Insomnia.”

As always, reviews about Big Bang’s newest album are double-edged praises. They state Big Bang leads the music trend with their originality but is caught up with plagiarism suspicions. As a result, Big Bang’s comeback along with the music industry is aroused in yet another controversy. It is up to the audience to evaluate the growth and development of Big Bang and its newest album.

(Written in Korean by @hurlkie; Translated by @hotshotlover30)

Guest vvipjamie

[Column] Big Bang Makes a Big Bang Comeback into the Kpop Industry

*quoted image*

As always, Big Bang has made another popular hit. Its familiar tunes are cheerful yet sophisticated and interwoven well with Big Bang’s unique vocals and raps. While members stayed in the public’s eyes by participating in solo or unit activities, the group came together for the first time in two years for their fourth mini album.

Big Bang’s new album was a hot issue even before its release. The album skyrocketed as soon as it was released on domestic music portals. Additionally, the new album topped the charts internationally as it ranked 6th on the United States’ iTunes overall music chart on February 26. This is the first time a Korean artist has ranked within the top ten in the iTunes’s overall music charts.

Big Bang’s popularity and power can also be felt on hallyu media portal site Soompi (soompi.com), which has 2 million viewers daily and 22 million views per page. Its members consist of foreigners from over 150 countries. Soompi’s “Why I Love Big Bang” event registered over 800 videos, artworks, and essays within a week.

Fans worldwide, from the United States to Chile to France to Singapore, showed their passionate love and fervor for Big Bang. One Mexican fan worked as many part-time jobs she could to raise enough money to come to Korea. Another fan personally drew and colored skulls and zodiac signs on Big Bang’s new album jacket for four days.

Most Big Bangish and Steps to Growth

Music fans are happy to see their favorite artists mature and push themselves to new limits. G-Dragon has steadily developed his vocal and rapping skills to become a pivotal member of Big Bang, and TOP has shown his ability to rap in a provocative low voice. Taeyang has also stepped up in his duties as main vocalist. In the new album, the strength of Taeyang’s main vocals is apparent. Seungri’s delicate voice is also an essential part of Big Bang’s unique sound.  Most surprisingly, Daesung’s matured manly vocals stand out. Fans were unable to hear much of Daesung’s voice while the group was on hiatus, making the change in Daesung that much more attention-grabbing.

Everything from the sensational use of auto-tunes in “Intro” to the remade Korean version of the Japanese “Somebody to Love” erases any doubts that fans may have had in their two year hiatus and leaves fans commenting how very Big Bangish it was. The mix and match of the vocals offered an individualistic sound that no other group but the Big Bang can pull off.

Big Bang also explored new genres for the fourth mini album. “What is Right” follows a more rock style while “Café” experiments with the blues genre. “What is Right” falls into Avril Lavigne and Katy Perry’s trendy and pop rock genre. “Café” is intricately produced with G-Dragon’s high and TOP’s low pitched rap along with Taeyang and Seungri’s high pitched vocals. The high voices of its other members are harmonized with Daesung’s vocals giving fans an irresistibly unique charm.

The title track “Tonight” definitely shows Big Bang’s colors. As always, Big Bang is one step ahead of the music industry trends. The melodies are full of sentiments that flow well and lyrics making it reminiscent of hip hop idol Drake. While “Tonight” is full of emotional melodies and lyrics, it is less fluttery than Drakes’ tracks. Instead it is lighter and more candid with lyrics that explode with emotional passion. “Tonight” feels familiar because Big Bang manages to keep their individuality while following the newest hip hop trend.

There is no higher praise for musicians than to say their works sound familiar and is mainstream music. However, it also brings about originality and plagiarism issues. For example, the chorus portion of Spain’s Enrique Iglesias’s “Tonight” is reminiscent of United Kingdom’s Craig David’s “Insomnia.”  

As always, reviews about Big Bang’s newest album are double-edged praises. They state Big Bang leads the music trend with their originality but is caught up with plagiarism suspicions. As a result, Big Bang’s comeback along with the music industry is aroused in yet another controversy. It is up to the audience to evaluate the growth and development of Big Bang and its newest album.

(Written in Korean by @hurlkie; Translated by @hotshotlover30)

i dont get it~~~ so is this a bad article? o.O

are they saying their songs are plagiarized?

Guest vvipjamie

I think it's a good article, with heaps of praise. I just don't understand the plagiarism comment at the end of the article? Whaaaaat?

IKR~ that's what im confused about. I mean in the end they say stuff about Enrique Iglesia and Drake. Wth was that all about...

Guest Michala01

^^

The last portion of that article makes no sense. 

It sounds like they are accusing Enrique Iglesias's song of being like Craig David's and...what that has to do with Big Bang I have no clue. 

What on earth lol wacko.gif

Guest shinhdeplol

I dont really get why the plagiarism comes up but the rest of the article sounds very supportive of the boys :huh: Maybe the author mistranslated it???

Anyway, smt to share for now :)

C: keepgood99 @ YT

about 30 interview/news articles with Bigbang from various korean media just for today

that's a lot XD

인터뷰 풍년① 아시아경제+동아일보+스포츠칸연예+한국일보+스포츠한국+세계일보연예

1st batch

인터뷰 풍년② 마이데일+연합뉴스+이데일리+스타뉴스엔

2nd batch

인터뷰 풍년③ 스타뉴스 연예+한국일보+동아일보 연예+osen+머니투데이+헤럴드뉴스

3rd batch

Taken from bbvipz

110307 SBS Morning Entertainment News:

bbvipz link

the news about the secret garden parody

& the rating for the bigbang show last week reached it's peak (8.28%)

during the parody esp the kissing scenes lmao

omg hahaha..when they compared Daesung's acting with the real mom on the secret garden

it looks exactly the same & Daesung version is funnier<3 lmao

EDIT:

110307 MBC Today News-Bigbang

12995014132011030721365.jpg

talking about billboard chart,iTunes chart,the 2 million views of tonight MV,album sales & etc

cr:bbvipz

Guest missARROGANT

K-Chart predictions for this week (11/03/11)

Digital Sales Chart (Digital Chart + Mobile Chart)

1. Tonight (Big Bang) (4449 + 4433) = (total 8882 points)

2. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (3013 + 3062) = (total 6075 points)

3. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (3534 + 2323) = (total 5857 points)

4. Cafe (Big Bang) (3589 + 1434) = (total 5023 points)

5. Black and White (G.na) (2476 + 1984) = (total 4460 points)

6. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth) (2333 + 1524) = (total 3857 points)

7. Good Day (IU) (1324 + 948) = (total 2272 points)

Viewer Preference Chart (Referenced past scores)

1. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU)=(1000 Points)

2. Good Day (IU)=(750 Points)

3. Tonight (Big Bang)=(700 points)

4. Black and White (G.na)=(650 Points)

5. Cafe (Big Bang)=(500 points)

6. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun)=(350 Points)

7. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth)=(300 Points)

Album Chart (Based on : Hanteo)

1. Tonight (Big Bang)=(14,080 points)

2. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU)=(234 points)

3. Good day (IU)=(151 points)

4. Black and White (G.na)=(45 points)

5. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun)=(17 points)

Broadcast Chart

1. Black and White (G.na)=(2106 Points)

2. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun)=(2079 Points)

3. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouth)=(2064 Points)

4. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU)=(1929 Points)

5. Good Day (IU)=(1836 Points)

6. Tonight (Big Bang)=(1203 Points)

Total Predicted Chart (Digital Chart + Preference Chart + Album Chart + Broadcast Chart)

1. Tonight (Big Bang) (8882 + 700 + 14080 + 1203) = (total 24,865 points)

2. The Story Only I Didn't Know (IU) (234 + 5857 + 1000 + 1929) = (total 9020 points)

3. Best In My Life (Lee Hyun) (6075 + 350 + 17 + 2079) = (total 8521 points)

4. Black and White (G.na) (650 + 45 + 4460 + 2106) = (total 7261 points)

5. Tok Tok (Mighty Mouse) (3857 + 300 + 0 + 2064) = (total 6221 points)

6. Cafe (Big Bang) (5023 + 500 + 0 + 0) = (total 5523 points)

7. Good day (IU) (2272 + 750 + 151 + 1836) = (total 5009 points)

cr:shn0718@hanteo

Last week prediction was offset by -1645

Even if this wk scores get offset by -2k,

Big Bang will break SNSD highest holding record for new system

happy.gif

Guest kresten

Oh my, 14k alone in the album category, wow. Is that the highest score ever for the album category? So proud. Even with very low viewer preference and broadcast chart scores, they still managed to break all the records set in kchart ever. Big Bang really does well digitally and physically. so proud. my only worry now is whether music bank pd will still give the award to BB. maybe they just wanted to be fair last week, but don't care about fairness anymore this week. haha.

Guest mrs.kwon

WOW @ K-Chart predictions for this week (11/03/11). IF BB dont have any problem wit MuBank. IT WILL BE DAEBAK... w00t.gifw00t.gif

I hope , there is no fake K-Chart predictions point for this week <_<<_<

Guest GDBABYBABY

Can someone tell me the latest record of SNSD in MUBANK?

if BIGBANG break the record without Boardcast , it's gonna be .... GODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest shinhdeplol

Big Bang #2 on Mnet M Countdown Japan Ranking

HVt79.jpg

Source: Mnet Japan

Shared by: Tisya @ bigbangupdates

Can someone tell me the latest record of SNSD in MUBANK?

if BIGBANG break the record without Boardcast , it's gonna be .... GODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idk if this is correct but according to this article, it was 17285 for the new system.

Correct me if Im wrong :sweatingbullets:

Idk if this is correct but according to this article, it was 17285 for the new system.

Correct me if Im wrong :sweatingbullets:

actually this score comes in 3rd place for the highest score (the latest scoring system) the all time high score for the latest scoring is also from SNSD with 20,516.

they broke it after a week.

Archived