★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest juang_bb

i actually think that some are just getting paranoid with the "sampling" idea because they are afraid that GD and YG will get accused of plagiarism again, and VIPs wouldnt want to go through the same situation all over, not to meantion, involving the entire group. some are just thinking too much that GD might not credit it or something. to me, it's quite obvious that GD intends to sample, so he will credit it. its just that some is mistaking sampling as something that will lead to plagiarism accusations, like really now?

correct me if im wrong, SAMPLING =/= COVER or REMAKE. SUNSET GLOW is a cover/remake while a sample could mean, using a few chords or more.

it's actually an interesting discussion, music wise, but some comments are just really.... uhhh... why get so worked up over this? if ever, this isnt the first time BB and GD is sampling. they've done a bunch in the past.

i dont really mind if they do, in the end, it all boils down on how the song turns out.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Banana Peel

this thread is so slow today ;______; i keep getting tiny hopes that suddenly a news about their comeback will be posted whenever I see new post signs in this thread LOL. gosh dang it, I need to stop being a creep and do my homework. well, since it's november we can all hope for some kind of an announcement right? I'm hoping they'll keep their word on november comeback.

Guest Michala01

Nelly I couldn't agree with you more, every single word. Jesus Walks has to be one of the best songs of the past decade easily. It still haunts me but in a good way. I could kiss you for that post wub.gif

I was reading an interview GD did earlier in the year and I have to quote this part because I feel it is relevant to the "taking risks" argument we're having. 

“We have to move forward as Big Bang again. I think we were just standing on the spot for the last two albums. It’s not that I didn’t like them, but they just didn’t take off like I wanted them to. If I don’t like how this next album turns out either, I’ll probably hate myself for it. We have to move forward, even if it’s only half a step.”

I think that for GD at least not taking a risk with this next album is NOT AN OPTION.  

Guest toozdae08

^

Thanks, I was scared I came off as pretentious as Kanye but I had to say it.

Jesus Walk, in my humble opinion, is the BEST DAME THING Kanye has ever produced (and he's produced a lot of amazing songs). I'm not a very religious person but that song made me cry, made me think, invoked discussion among the whole hip hop community and outside it as well.

This song, which won a Grammy and was named by Rolling Stone as song #19 on their list of 50 Best Songs of the 2000s, is amazingly creative. The fact that it's built on a sample makes it even more amazing, easily in my top 5 favorite songs EVER. If sampling = lack of creativity then Kanye needs to be kicked out of music.

Sorry to sound so butthurt but some of these sampled songs made an impact on my life and so I get a little butthurt.

And, I, for one, am expecting risks from BB. If they're going to comeback the same as they were 2 years ago or the same as all the idol groups now then they may well not comeback. I can find generic Kpop anywhere - I want artistic growth, I want emotions, I want innovation, I want Big Bang. Playing it safe isn't Big Bang, if it is then I've been led on.

Guest Unni_Ashley

no BB TV....oh boy...

hmmm, i dunno what you think about it, but with this, i think YG is gonna drop sth to us....hopefullyyyyyy

im really looking forward for what i've thought :) Papa YG, plssss

D-1 to TOP Bday^^

Guest karendm

Does anyone know anything about TOP's father? I've seen lots of pictures of him and his mom and his sister but I've never seen any picture of his father, nor have I ever heard anything mentioned about his father.

Just curious.

Also, I remember some months back there was a rumour that TOP's solo album was going to come out on his birthday. I guess that's not happening, huh? tears.gif I really want TOP to release his solo album too and am also waiting paitently for Big Bang's album. Put it out already, YG, damn it! tongue2.gif

Does anyone know anything about TOP's father? I've seen lots of pictures of him and his mom and his sister but I've never seen any picture of his father, nor have I ever heard anything mentioned about his father.

Just curious.

I could be dead wrong about this but I remember watching a talk show with T.O.P as guest and they showed a picture of his dad in a military/navy (?) uniform. I can't remember the show so I'm not really sure if that was even T.O.P's dad. But yeah, he's never been mentioned, it's always just his mom and his noona.

*goes back to lurking*

Also, BB can't afford to take risk? With their music? If you're not taking risks with you music then you may as well not produce anything. If I want to listen to groups that take no risks I can listen to any of the billion idol groups that Korea spits out; all BB has to do is produce amazing music that so them that any other group doing it would just be a cheap imitation and properly credit their sources if they sample.

^THIS. like, so much.

Big Bang is known to be groundbreaking. period. they don't play it safe, not when they set trends. I think it's absolutely necessary for them as artists to challenge themselves, to take risks. And I wouldn't want it any other way because I want the boys to grow and develop.

I don't see sampling as being safe. Quite the opposite, in fact--for the reason I stated above.

I understand that fans just want Big Bang to make their own songs...but I think, even with a sample, the boys are. As someone pointed out, a sample is different from a cover--a sample demands something new.

I want the boys to be risky. They have the potential to breath life back into kpop, which at the moment is saturated with everything generic and cliche.

Therefore, sample away boys :)

aigoo. I'm still confused. I know we're trending for TOPs bday, and even clicked on the tumblr link to find out more information--but it doesnt seem like there's a fixed time to tweet? This seems to be problematic. Or am I just blind and cant see the VIPs have designated a specific time to tweet??? :sweatingbullets:

Guest Michala01

^^^

I haven't been able to find a time either. unsure.gif A time really needs to be decided so people know in advance otherwise trending wont work if we're all doing it at different times. 

Just an update on the Seoul - Tokyo Festival

[81687201011030392162001.jpg

Credits: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/81687/full/; http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=2NE1&no=268117&page=1&bbs=; belle je' taime@ygl

EDIT: This is how the crowd looks like..See the crown light sticks ^^ BTW, the ones performing here are 2NE1. lol

187257778.jpg

187248888.jpg

Credits: http://twitter.com/yucco_chan; angel @ygl

@seoulfresh21

Seoul-Tokyo Music Festival will air in SBS on Nov. 12 so fancams are the only thing that we can probably get today. JVips are less inclined in taking fancams and uploading them though. So, can't say if we can get stuff today.

Guest Seoulfresh21

Do u guys know if theres any streaming site for Seoul toyko music festival?? i really wanna see bigbang perform!! thanks VIPS!

an article about the boys

i think it says that Bigbang decline all the invitations to Japan Award Shows this year

due to the preparation of Korean Album

빅뱅, 日연말시상식 러브콜 모두 정중히 사양..왜?

빅뱅 소속사인 YG엔터테인먼트(이하 YG)의 고위 관계자는 3일 오후 머니투데이 스타뉴스에 "최근 들어 일본의 여러 곳으로부터 빅뱅을 현지 연말 대중가요 시상식에 참석시켜달라는 요청을 정말 많이 받고 있다"라고 밝혔다.

그러면서도 이 관계자는 "일본 측의 빅뱅에 대한 관심이 너무도 고맙지만, 부득이한 사정으로 일본 대중가요 연말 시상식 참석을 모두 사양했다"라며 "그 이유는 다름 아닌 빅뱅의 국내 새 앨범 작업 때문"이라고 설명했다.

이 관계자에 따르면 빅뱅의 새 국내 음반 작업은 현재 한창 진행 중이다. 요즘 앨범 작업 중이기에 빅뱅의 국내 새 음반 발매 시기는 정확히 알 수 없지만, 조만간 신보를 발표할 것이라는 게 이 관계자의 전언이다.

source:http://news.nate.com/view/20101103n22590

@alla, here's the trans from akp.

Big Bang rejects Japan programming invitations for Korean album preparations

by elliefilet on November 3, 2010 at 5:34 am

Five-member group Big Bang is reported to have received a flood of offers to appear on Japanese programs, including an offer to perform at a large end-of-the-year award ceremony. However, it’s been revealed that they have refused all of them.

YG Entertainment stated, “Recently, Big Bang has received multiple offers to perform for major award ceremonies. We’re very thankful for the interest in Big Bang from the Japanese music industry , however because of a stubborn problem, they will not be able to accept any invitations. The reason is because Big Bang is recording their new Korean album.”

Though Big Bang is currently in the midst of recording their new album, their agency does not yet know when it will be released.

Source + Photo: Nate

Credit:allkpop

I don't know if the last sentence is just the opinion of the Korean writer or based on YG's statement. Either way, it looks like November release is unlikely at this point. :(

EDIT:

Some twitpics on Seoul Tokyo Performance by BB

187281503.jpg

187276509.jpg

Cr: yucco_chan@twitter.com

EDIT: Big Bang performed 5 songs: Gara gara go, Number 1, Haru Haru, Lies, Hands Up according to @teambigbang's tweet. Sounds like they did their set list from Kpop night.

and new Lightstick looking gorgeous

x23428371.jpg

Cr: angel@ygl

Guest Michala01

Well I have officially lost all hope of a November comeback. IF it happens I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Hoping some fancams pop up from tonight's concert 

Guest peppermintsugar

I'm sad to hear such a broad expression used for the come back at this point in time, but I'm just hopeful that it means they really want to make sure that it's absolutely perfect.

sigh lol.

Guest evilgary

so apparently if they reject other promotions, it means they are trying to finish up the album as soon as possible

but unsure of what stage is it currently at now

Archived