★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest peppermintsugar

Then you're gonna be real upset with me because I consider myself a hardcore Shawol along with a V.I.P, why can't I appreciate other talented groups for the same reason I appreciate Big Bang's talent? I don't think they expect their fans to ONLY listen to and like them, and I'm sure they, too, respect other gifted and talented groups.

To me, once you consider yourself far beyond a casual fan -- where you're following pretty much their every move, be it musically, personally, their acting, their photoshoots, solo endeavors, stuff like that, that's what sets V.I.P's apart from a casual fan, and following other groups closely should have nothing to do with ones "loyalty" to Big Bang. I love Big Bang. I love SHINee. My love for one does not detract from my love for the other, please understand that.

Oh, and questioning my fandom is pretty offensive, in my opinion -- if that isn't indication enough that I'm a hardcore fan then I'm not sure what is.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

【CM】BIGBANG 「LG Optimus One」 CM

【CM】Daesung 「LG Optimus One」 CM

【CM】T.O.P 「LG Optimus One」 CM

【CM】Taeyang 「LG Optimus One」 CM

【CM】G-Dragon 「LG Optimus One」 CM

【CM】Seungri「LG Optimus One」 CM

cr:teambigbang

different versions

OMG OMG the cfs are way too cute..

want longer version

VV you guys can access dcgd?!! I can't access the whole day T.T idk why

this is the cutest cf they ever had...

omg..all of them were so adorable in that

cf...wish there was a longer version of that one...

Am I the only one who dosen't mind shinhdeplol topping every page? Her contributions are greatly appreciated and is what keeps this place moving! Don't stop.

I just wanted to shed some light on something that's been bothering me for a while. I live in Singapore and I'm going for the KPOP Night 2010 concert which features our 5 boys and other acts like S9 etc etc. The situation here is that I've been a loyal fan since 2006 and I will only call myself a VIP and nothing else but I see lots of multi-fans (being fans of multiple groups), it's been a growing trend ever since the Hallyu Wave hit big in Singapore. I get REALLY REALLY pissed at these people, to me, I think these people lack loyalty and are just looking at my boys for their looks, when they are SO MUCH MORE. To me, they are big influences in my life while to them they're just some eye candies. So, me and my fanclub members were gonna order VIP lightsticks, and sure enough, many people signed up for them but I also know for a fact that many of them are also Shawols,S0NEs,Primadonna's. It just pisses me off. How dare they call themselves VIP? Please help me and give me some advice on this matter.

My question is:

WHAT MAKES A V.I.P?

as for me...

i think having a not just only one fandom

was ok..i mean...if a person love (take bigbang as

an ex.) bigbang and if she's a hardcore V.I.P but then

came a time when she had like another group..i think it doesn't

mean that this person lost its loyalty to bigbang as a V.I.P..

we really can't help it if we like other groups..

specially if they are talented...and they really amazes

you with their vocals,looks,characteristics and etc.

people who were "multi-fan" doesn't mean that they betray

their beloved fandoms..it's just that..we sometimes can't control

ourselves love other group..and appreciate them..

but just see it like this...just think of a group

that has really give/leave a big imppression on you..

take me as an example...i love bigbang, very very much..

but i also like super junior,dbsk,u-kiss..but then...

because bigbang had done a lot and they still amazes me up to this time..

my loyalty goes to them while i am supporting other groups...

whenever i introduce myself to othe kpop lovers/fans.

i always go with these words.."my major bias is bigbang,wonder girls,2ne1 and

miss A...then the other group that i support will automatically be my minor

biases.."

and as for me..i consider myself as multi-fan...but i always show my loyalty,

love,support to bigbang..always bigbang first before my other minor biases...

what makes a V.I.P?..

as long as you show your support to them...

love them in every way that you could..

appreciate all the things that they did..even to the little things..

know them better...the more you know them better the more you

will like and love them..then that will make you be loyal to them...

you just have to be yourself and just be proud for them...

learn to accept the bad/good comments to them...learn to

accept their mistakes..fight for them if you can..but not to the

point where you will bash other fanclubs..

the key is that..

"JUST BE THERE FOR OUR BOYS..THAT'S WHAT THEY

WERE ASKING FOR..OUR LOVE,SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING..WE, US THEIR FANS,

AS PART OF V.I.P FANDOM,WE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT GIVE THEM STRENGTH..

THEY GET STRENGTH TO US TO HANDLE THE THINGS THAT COMES IN THEIR WAY..

WE ARE THE REASON WHY THEY ARE STRONG...AND WE HAVE TO CONTINUOSLY

SHOW THEM THAT WE ARE JUST HERE FOR THEM.."

hope this helps you...

this will be a long introduction...

so yeah...hehehe..

hi im kim,19 from philippines..i have been

a kpop fan since 2005...so it has been 5

years already...keke...

this is what i can say bout bigbang..

"how did i got into kpop?.."

>it was actually bec. of boa and rain...then i started out liking shinhwa..

they are the first guy group that i adored..i really admired them..coz of

their strong friendship and trust and love to each other...then..as i was

watching arirang pops in seoul i saw the mv of we belong together by gd and top

ft. park bom..from that moment..the mv and the music as well as the artist got

my attention..theni started out on searching the three of them..until i saw gd

and top's group..which was bigbang...at that time..i already like their style

of music..plus they were so cool...then..and that's when it all started..

after that..i search about their agency and some info's

bout the members...and then..got hook to them..

"who was my favorite bigbang member and why?.."

>KANG DAESUNG was my favorite bigbang member..i love his personality..off

cam or on cam..his personality was the same...eventhough he did not have

the typical idol look..he still got my full attention..he has a very nice voice...

soothing and and relaxing..also as some other fans says..the warm

smile that curve onto his lips..you can't help to smile whenever you see him smiling

and that's the evidence as to why they say that daesung was the "smiling angel

of bigbang"..and of course..he's "HOT BODY" one thing i love bout him was that he

was friendly..

"how will i describe each member base on how i know them through interviews,fancams,videos etc."

G-DRAGON-he will always be the NO.1 and the best leader..i really admire and

respect this guy...during the plagiarism issue..i did not judge or blame him as

to why he did that..i have high respect and trust to this guy...i did not see

anything wrong on that issue...and that breath perf. during his concert..i dont

see anything wrong on that either...i dunno why people was making a big deal out

of it..he was a hardworking guy..and knows what he was doing..very talented...he

has a unique sense of fashion w/c makes him the fashionista in the kpop world..

hands down to this guy...

TOP- that voice of him (w/c remind me of lexy and yoobin)..sometimes it creeps me out..

but most of the time it amazes me..he's rapping skills..no doubt...good looks,tall

and slim body,bright and dorky personality,bad boy image but deep inside is a warm hearted

young man...no wonder lots of girls love him..he was like a complete package..he's talent

was just for YG ent. he belong there..

TAEYANG-the hottest,talented and our NGSB guy...he maybe the shy guy and scared of girls

that you can meet...but dont deny the fact that he has this charisma that every girls swoon

for...he was talented and can easily adopt to a situation or place...he's future gf will

be so lucky..coz he seems to be a responsible and super caring guy...

and with that BODY who couldn't resist him..plus he was a gentleman...and his voice...

he really was the r&b prince of YG..

SEUNGRI-the cute maknae..hahaha...i love his close relationship with gd..the famous tom

and jerry...i think..right now..he was startying to be mature...w/c is good but i still

want him to be bigbangs maknae...forever..he has a good personality too..

and a good dancer...i love the fact that he sometimes was the one who choreographs

bigbang's dance steps..

DAESUNG-as what i said above..he has a good personality (ex. of that was the incident

in thailand)..and fun to be with..friendly and lovable...

>all of them..they were so down to earth...you can't say anything bad when it

comes to bigbang...professionalism was important for them..friendship and trust towards

each other..that's the reason why they are the strongest group kpop has now...those people who doubt

bigbang's closeness...well..i think they should search more bout these guys...and believe

me..they will eat those words that they said..

"what do i like bout bigbang?"

>everything bout them..from the style to their fashion sense...music and the

individuals personality..and the bonding that was formed between them...

their love for music is just beyond what you can imagine...the closeness they had..they know

how to cherish things that has gioven to them or that has happen to them..

sorry if its kinda long...

Guest shinhdeplol

this thread is so dead now TT.TT

shared?

TOP's behind LOLLLLL *pervert mode ON*

viewimagee.jpg

C: 최정상 @ DCInside

EDIT

I think its best if you discuss everything in the VIP Lounge ^^

And gotta say I admire you guys so much for being able to write such longgg essays :D My English is not good enough <_<

Am I the only one who dosen't mind shinhdeplol topping every page? Her contributions are greatly appreciated and is what keeps this place moving! Don't stop.

I just wanted to shed some light on something that's been bothering me for a while. I live in Singapore and I'm going for the KPOP Night 2010 concert which features our 5 boys and other acts like S9 etc etc. The situation here is that I've been a loyal fan since 2006 and I will only call myself a VIP and nothing else but I see lots of multi-fans (being fans of multiple groups), it's been a growing trend ever since the Hallyu Wave hit big in Singapore. I get REALLY REALLY pissed at these people, to me, I think these people lack loyalty and are just looking at my boys for their looks, when they are SO MUCH MORE. To me, they are big influences in my life while to them they're just some eye candies. So, me and my fanclub members were gonna order VIP lightsticks, and sure enough, many people signed up for them but I also know for a fact that many of them are also Shawols,S0NEs,Primadonna's. It just pisses me off. How dare they call themselves VIP? Please help me and give me some advice on this matter.

My question is:

WHAT MAKES A V.I.P?

I can understand what you're feeling. But like what others have posted above, people can love several groups at the same time and show them the same amount of love as they do Big Bang. I'm a hardcore VIP and Blackjack. I support both Big Bang and 2NE1 equally. If they do overlap promotions, and I'm given a choice as to who to see, I'd probably have a really hard time choosing because I love them both. But loving 2NE1 doesn't mean that I love BB any less. I'll definitely want to see Big Bang first but then again I'm going to make certain I'll see 2NE1 next time.

I think you're not really frustrated by the fact that people like a lot of groups but by the fact that they're calling themselves VIPs when they hardly know the group and they're just jumping on the bandwagon so to speak. I know BB is very special to you since you've seen them from debut to their success now. I know how that feels because I love Big Bang too even if for a shorter time than you (2 years now) and I dislike it when some people claim to love them even if they don't even remember who's who and don't even have an album in their ipod. You shouldn't discount, however, the fact some of these fans can actually become full-pledged VIPs (which I'm sure they will coz BB is just amazing and who could resist?). I mean, once upon a time, all of us were newbies to the fandom and didn't know much about the boys and their capabilities. So, we can't really tell how much we will love them in the future. But look at us now, being the hardcore VIPs that we are ^^.

About the light sticks, more light sticks mean that there are more people in the concert that will cheer for them. Don't you wanna see a sea of yellow and show how BB is appreciated there in Singapore? It will encourage them to go back there ^^. Big Bang should be for everyone and the love for them should be shared.

Anyway, in answer to your question

To me, being a VIP (and not merely a casual fan) means:

supporting Big Bang in any way possible - like buying their merchandise, promoting them to friends, posting in threads, watching interviews, and following the latest news on them. I don't mean you do everything I've said, but do whatever suits your situation.

defending them when they get unreasonably bashed - Big Bang has always been a stand out and trend-setter group and because they're popular, they tend to get criticized and bashed a lot. People attack them on a daily basis (especially Jiyong) - some say they're overrated, posers, not good looking, plagiarists, etc. We're not new to this bashing so VIPs are generally chill on whatever issue crops up. But, as a VIP, there are some comments that I won't take sitting down like the boys' musical integrity and their passion for music. I can accept criticisms that are constructive and even out and out haters because that's part of kpop and the business but I draw a line with that so I defend the boys as reasonably as I can.

respecting other groups because our actions affect's Big Bang's and the fandom's reputation. Remember the VIP's rash action against DBSK for the latter's concert? Well that put a mar on VIPs reputation as well as a strain on VIPs relationship with the cassies even if VIPs apologized for that. If we want respect by other fandoms of BB, we should also respect their idol groups.

you have the patience of a saint. LOL. Because YG is pretty much known for its delays (at least for its idols) on its album releases, it means you need to wait for quite sometime to get the album you want. If you're truly a VIP, you're willing to wait for them to come out with a great album rather than rush them to come out with a mediocre one.

you support ALL and not only a particular member Yes, we all have our biases, but if you're truly a VIP, no matter who's promoting, you give them your love. There have been people who are fans of their solo activities ALONE and I don't consider them VIPs. Sorry to say to their fans a solo acts, but Big Bang as the boys have emphasized, is truly their home. It is where they'll all return to eventually.

you are loyal to them Loyalty doesn't mean your life revolves around them or you only support them but it means that even when BB has not been active or seen in a lot of music shows, you're still there when they come back with your passion for their music as strong as the day you fell in love with them.

That's about it :)

Okay...first off, damn but I jumped for joy with that latest CF of BB! Gee! It's just a CF and I almost spazzed as if I saw a teaser for an MV or something! ME IS BIGBANG DEPRIVED IS ME! LAWL!

BIGBANG [adorkables that they all are] + smurfs = CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

Anyhoo, that's a nice question you posted out there ni1chronoptimist. Got me really thinking...but while I'd rather not post a lengthy reply to that because trust me, I get pretty emotional and might end up when it comes to questions like this, I remember a phrase that me and fellow alumni used when our team won back in 2007 after being suspended for a year - NOT ONLY WHEN IT MATTERS.

So yeah...what makes a V.I.P? A V.I.P IS ALWAYS THERE FOR BIGBANG - NOT ONLY WHEN IT MATTERS.

Guest shinhdeplol

*Sorry for doble posting... Idk whats wrong with soompi, not all the photos are shown properly

<_<

Big Bang sends greetings at LG shop

bbhbblgshop101004.th.jpg

C: gdalyn // bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

a0097473_4ca9cc780de3a.png

a0097473_4ca9cc8247354.png

a0097473_4ca9cc9638632.png

C: Legendary

Guest omgshinshin

My question is:

WHAT MAKES A V.I.P?

To answer this, I will be stating some opinions of mine. Stuff that I have observed and experienced. I'm not generalizing these points and applying them on the real world as facts but these are my own personal thoughts on the matter.

The Korean fandom and the International fandom are very different from each other.

Let's take a look at one of my Korean friends:

She is a Triple S and have been since SS501's debut. Her bestfriend is also a Triple S whose older sister is the president of Triple S. That gives her a lot of backstage passes to fanclub stuff as her photos and SS501 paraphernalia proves. She is loyal to SS501 and criticizes me for only liking Hyunjoong because I watched him and liked him from We Got Married with Hwangbo. She said that I should love all of the members if I am to become a fan of SS501 and not just one of the 5! I said no thanks, as I pretty much am sure I love Big Bang.

However, last year, she has been acting a little weird for sometime. After weeks of being too silent, she finally admitted that she has started to like 2PM and 2AM. Then she immediately added that SS501 is still her no 1 just... she likes 2PM and 2AM. Then a day later, she says she likes 2AM. Then a week later, she looks at me guiltily and says she feels like a traitor for not being loyal to SS501 and liking 2AM. Then... she finally quits SS501's fanclub and moved to 2AM.

Why am I saying all of these things?

To simply illustrate that it is a matter of culture, the way society has shaped you, how you were brought up and what is expected. While internationally, these Korean singers are entertainers who entertain and inspire, in Korea, they are more than that. They are idols. They are mini-ambassadors of the generation. They represent the wants and desires of these little girls that idolize them and they sing and dance too! They divide the young population by who these kids support, who they attract, who they are being marketed for. These fans spend their time, their money, their life for these idols. They have created a subculture all in itself - there is politics and economics and psychosocio aspects as well. It's not just a fandom - it's a sub-culture!

But of course, there are those who are casual listeners who likes this song because its good, or this song because it's sung by this nice singer or this pretty idol group. These people are the majority of the Korean population who does not give a damn on what these idols are eating for dinner or whether or not they like Coke or Pepsi.

The international fandom though, is in-between. While the international fans care, they lack the loyalty and the extreme passion of devoting their everything for these guys because well, they are international fans. They are not in the battle zone, not in the heart of things, not in the thick of the- you get my point.

International fans see these singers as people who have talents and have charisma but Koreans see them as more than that. These Koreans idolize these idols. These idols define who they are as a person. It is the feeling of belonging to something big, being part of something you believe in - like an advocacy (I can't be pro-gun and be anti-gun at the same time now, can I?). These idols are competition to each other for them. I can't support one if I am already supporting one. It's loyalty to your clan or pack or whichever collective term you want to be called.

There are also, of course, international fans who are loyal to only one idol. These are more of the type of people who have identified with their chosen idol so much that they feel like they will betray their idol if they like another one. Much like a Korean fanclub member would feel. These cases for international fans can be attributed on the personal preference of the person.

But!

But!

BUT!!!

Big Bang is different in so many ways. They are idols but they were formed to revolutionize the way idols are seen. They were brought together as Big Bang to reach out to those who are not just fanclub members - like that random guy on the street - and make them care. Care in what way? Care what they are eating for dinner or whether they like Coke or Pepsi?

Nope. Care about their music. Because they create their own music. Because they themselves care about their music.

I don't really call myself a VIP like, yo! A-Yo! Like that. But I love Big Bang. And I love the other YG artists (as proven by my only-YG music library and the occasional English songs). I like 2NE1 but it's not the same love, it's not the same 'feel' I have for BB.

Big Bang is... is...

god, I can't think of anything.

Big Bang is... adrenaline-inducing-homey-feeling-rollercoaster-ride-without-the-seatbelts-elitist-i-dont-give-a-damn-what-you-call-me- are artists.

And a VIP is someone who loves and appreciates that. And doesn't ask for anything more. Because she/he knows that Big Bang will definitely give more.

And while I like other idols' songs when they are good and appreciate idols who delivers amazing stages, they never really have the charm and pull that Big Bang's passion for their craft has and I think that made all the difference for me. The passion - not passion, but the passion.

And also, and this is only an opinion, something personal that I am not forcing or labeling on anyone else - I feel that if I am to like another group, it's like I am insulting Big Bang. Like, if I like another group as much as I love Big Bang, it means I am putting them in the same level that Big Bang is and I just haven't found anybody worthy of that just yet. If I do, I'll admit it to myself and like them too.

But until that time - it's Big Bang for me. One and only.

Guest juang_bb

^^ i like what you posted about the Korean fanculture. it's true.

anyway, regarding the topic, i personally don't see anything wrong if one would like another group besides Big Bang. I would say, if you like another group then go ahead and don't stop yourself from liking another group just because you think you're betraying BB and the fandom, at the end of the day, it's your choice. i guess that totally just reminded me of what YB and TABI said.

However I do believe though that it is hard for humans like us or probably even impossible to honestly love two people equally at the same time. really loving both is easy, but to say you love them equally is not. Like in my case, I love both BB and 2ne1, but if i am to be honest to myself and answer who i love more... i would say it is Big Bang but that doesn't mean i love and support my girls any less, because i support them just like any other solid blackjack would, probably even more. it's just that between your two loves, there's one that you feel more attached to, and i think that's fine and i don't see that im betraying the other. at the end of the day, if you're a VIP, what's important is that... like what macrina said... you support and love them not only when it matters. i dont care if you love 10 idol groups, for as long as you're with Big Bang through their good and bad times, you support and buy their music, then you're worthy to be a VIP.

but i do get where SoshiBang is coming from. it's probably frustrating to see other people who barely support BB call themselves VIPs, because for people like us, to be called a VIP is more than just liking their looks, knowing their names, and listening to Lies and Haru Haru. I guess this is also why me, personally, would not associate myself to the fandoms of other groups that I like because I know I don't support them as much to be called one. Example, I like Suju, Shinee and Beast too but I know I don't follow them and support them, not even as much as I do 2ne1, to call myself an ELF, shawol or B2uty. I guess not everyone will be the same as me and some of us here. Big Bang to me is just in an entirely different level. I've seen Suju and Shinee live, Shinee even did impress me a lot, but i just can't find myself loving these groups more. I guess i just have a limited attention span :lol:... and by nature, i really just stick to one (or two if i include 2ne1)

Guest propera898

i must say im not korean but the thought of just liking another idol band makes me feel guilty. i dont like any other idol because i cant like any other idol , just thinking about it makes me painful BIGBANG its the only one for me i cant think of anyone else but them even if im biased towarsd TOP i still support all of them why? because i need to because i feel i have to ? i dont know but i cant help it .. seeing how all of them have strugle how sometimes they suffer and above all how hard they try makes me want to watch and support them ... i like them all i love them all i want to see them succes as solos and as a gruop.

Hearing others idols its not enough for me i cant bear it .. i need to hear bigbang songs , read about their projects all about them ! and liking another idol gruop well i guess there is not still another idol band that has make me feel the way i feel with bigbang , just hearing their voices , how they blend together ,, there is not any onter band that has make my heart raice , or caught my attention , but also when i see other idol bands like shows speacially reality shows i dont know i feel like im betraying bigbang? and i have to stop watching thats why i watch a lot of varaety shows instead because its not about idols even if they are in the show.

BIGBANG its the only one for me , i dont need someone else , they have all i need and i like , even if sometimes its painful being a V.I.P ill stay with them , no matther what , them and only them.

@Michala01:

When you pointed that out, I couldn't help but look @.@

And to the others too. HAHAHHA. //killed xD

Sorry if that came off as perverted. LOLS. XD

Anyway, HELLO VIPS!!!!

You may call me Abby. I'm from the Philippines

and I just turned 17 todayyy. Lol.

Nice to meet you guys/girls! <3 Hope we can

all be good friends! ;] I'm reaaaally

hoping to be close with youuuu.

And this subforum is a big help to get

to know you all more! ^____^

And to keep this post less spam-ish...

Sharing a funny picture of the boys:

89602472.png

HAHAHAHA XD What cute dorks :')

Guest SoshiBangBang

I appreciate everyone's replies and special shoutout to omgshinshin for almost the perfect reply I was looking for.

I feel as though most of the people who reply in this thread are true hardcore VIP's who have undying/unconditional love for our boys and that's the reason why I love this place so much. I FEEL LIKE A KOREAN VIP,in a way that these boys are really my idols who thought me many things, no book or teacher could ever. My ultimate bias has always been G-DRAGON but nowadays I tend to like everyone equally. When Bae had his solo, I will be there for him. When TOP's movies were playing, I would be there watching. When Dae appears on shows,I'll watch it live. When Seungri does Carpe Diem, I'll watch every part of it. Who else feels as though Tabi has been very wise with his usage of words? Did it provide you some sort of help or guidance? I sure did.

I for one have many fan theories which I would rather not share cause I've received my fair amount of criticism. All these thoughts sprouted from that Tiara lightstick issue that got me thinking how much the Gold Crown means. To think someone who shares their hearts with other groups and hold up THAT gold crown just hurts me. When the concert does happen, when the boys see the crowns, even if they don't know know, we VIP's know that some of them have their hearts somewhere else too. It just hurts, it'll feel as though we're fooling the boys. I know there are a few multi-fans who were offended by my comments and I apologize, everyone can make their own choices in life. I would just ask you guys 1 last question.

If you were going to KOREAN POP NIGHT 2010, and being a multi-fan that you are, go to the concert to see all your groups on stage (Big Bang,SNSD,SHINee,FT Island,ZE:A,DNA,Infinite). Which one of them would you support? Which color would you wear proudly? Which fanclub will you stand with?

Edit*

An explanation of my username - SoshiBangBang. I thought of that as my ID during the peak of my SoshiBang love (the interactions they had in shows). I like how they interacted (Manwon Happiness, Miraculous Victory and Defeat) and so I chose that! I don't support SNSD like how I did back then ( I admit I signed up on Soshified ! To know more about them ) but I stopped soon after and only singled out individuals (Taeyeon/Tiffany) I have all of their solo's but barely any of SNSD's songs. I do listen to other groups like WG,SNSD but only for certain individuals and will never call myself a *insert fanclub name*

Guest propera898

If you were going to KOREAN POP NIGHT 2010, and being a multi-fan that you are, go to the concert to see all your groups on stage (Big Bang,SNSD,SHINee,FT Island,ZE:A,DNA,Infinite). Which one of them would you support? Which color would you wear proudly? Which fanclub will you stand with?

sorry to cut your post

but of course i think you dont need to ask this since this is a BIGBANG VIP THREAD of course itll be BIGBANG color . bigbang VIP ! yellow !

Without a doubt and no hesitation, I would be representing a VIP. My love for Big Bang is so great that I will support them no matter what even with some of my favorite groups on the same stage, too. There's just something about Big Bang that have kept me as a fan for such a long time. Usually, my love for groups never last long. I am a proud VIP ♥

Hello fellow VIPs. I've been posting on this thread not regularly but my posts are usually lengthy and dramatic.lol.

About songs that I wanted to see them really promote, Oh Ma Baby comes at the top of my head together with She Can't Get Enough and I Don't Understand. These songs are pretty good, imo. I think these three songs are a lot better than some of the songs out in kpop right now. It's not their usual style of songs, but the melodies are awesome.

On their US venture, I'm really skeptical with their popularity overseas. I'm pretty sure Taeyang has a great international fanbase but not so much on the rest of the boys. Boy groups aren't really popular in the US and Asian ones have more prejudice going against them. The most successful Asian group I know is Far East Movement with their single Like G6 but they're Asian-Americans. For Big Bang, they can actually be popular artists using Korean instead of english in their music but just not in the mainstream. And I don't really want them pulling off a Se7en on KVIPs. I'd rather they concentrate on their Japanese activities than try for a US debut right now. I want them to make a name for themselves there in DBSK status but by their own terms and not conforming to the Japanese style of music.

I have a question though. I've been thinking about the genres that Big Bang has done in the past - rock, pop, electropop, hip hop, rnb, trot, ballad, funk, jazz and reggae. Correct me if I'm wrong with my severely limited knowledge of music but I think Oh my friend classifies as rock, always as pop, last farewell as electropop, VIP/Hallelujah as hip hop, try smiling as ballad, look at me gwisoon as trot, fool's only tears as rnb. dirty cash as funk, cotton candy and a good man (to a certain extent) jazz and manwon happiness as reggae.

Considering the variety of their song genres, What genre would you like them to explore more for their next album? It doesn't necessarily mean this upcoming one but maybe in a mini or ep after that.

Archived