★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest peppermintsugar

I still can't get over "I'M LUCKY GUY" when TOP gets a kiss from the girl smurf loooooool HE'S LUCKY!?

psh. I got some luck for him right here!

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Oh I agree about Connection! More than just a good song, and IS it a good song, I thought it was the kind of song that could break into international (specially American) markets.

I feel like a lot of times, artists who try to make it big in America, they take the methods, concepts, tactics that worked in Korea and try to apply them to the American market, to limited success. But, as they soon find out, it's a whole different game out here. And what's catchy and popular in Kpop doesn't always work overseas. And I'm surprised that entertainment companies aren't more aware of the fact that they gotta play a different game overseas, and that they really have to be aware of how the market is changing and what it's responding to.

But I feel strongly that Taeyang's "Connection" is a song that would go over well here in the states, like I could turn on my radio (haha) and hear it playing because it identifies with the current market. It gives me hope that, maybe in a few years, should BB want to release an english album here in the states, YG would learn from some of their previous mistakes and BB's album would be awesome. ^_^

wow, that kind of got off topic. sorry! :vicx:

Guest MidnightByul

Q: THEY PROMOTED __HARU HARU__________, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED _______A Good Man_______.

totally, totally agree. ^

A Good Man, is such a wonderful song, I love listening to it, on my ipod, sometimes. Nice and mellow. The boys harmonize pretty well in that song. I find a lot of V.I.P.S mainly newbies, don't know about that song. The ones I know, and if you don't. I strongly, strongly suggest you guys check out, their old songs. I mean, now. The songs now, I have no problem with it. But, yea either way. Check out their past albums. I'm sure you will find a couple songs, you will fall for. :)

@Nelly

Dude! I love Connection and Superstar off Tae's album. But, too bad...

Guest peppermintsugar

It's about Big Bang so it's on topic, haha.

I, too, feel like Taeyang could make it pretty well over here in the states. He admits himself that he takes a lot of inspiration from Usher, and you can definitely here it and see it in him and his work. He makes R&B and that's popular here. He's also considerably proficient in English, so that's not a problem.

I'm surprised Big Bang hasn't tried for a debut in the states, because I feel like they're very well rounded and are one of the few more popular Korean groups that could do it. I also realize they've been gone/busy for a while, so maybe something will happen after this comeback. I can dream :wub: Nothing I would love more than to see my babies live!

And it's not just my intense love for Big Bang saying that they could probably make it over here, because I love me some SHINee too and I'm pretty positive that they wouldn't do well here at all haha.

Guest Michala01

Q: THEY PROMOTED OH MY FRIEND, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED A GOOD MAN.

I'm with toozdae on this one. A good man is quite possibly my favourite BB song ever. I certainly consider it lyrically to be on of their best songs. It's also just an amazing track for an idol group to be singing because it definitely isn't mainstream material. I just adore this song 

Q: THEY PROMOTED BREATHE, BUT I WISH THEY PROMOTED SHE'S GONE.

I really love breathe but my favourite song on Heartbreaker is She's Gone. It's such a dark and intense song. I think it would have contrasted well against Heartbreaker to show a different side to the album. I love the loud drums on this track and the chorus is catchy as hell. I can understand why he couldn't promote the song of course, the lyrics are a bit too much for public broadcasting. 

Since we're on the topic of US debuts I guess I will add my 2 cents. 

I was heavily involved in the fandom of a particular US artist (not really relevant who it was) and I followed their career from the beginning. I followed everything from promotional work he did to how his songs did on the radio each day and I learnt a lot about how the American music industry functions. 

Being played on the radio is the MOST important thing these days and obviously the internet is pretty important too but still getting spins every day on the radio is what drives sales. The thing is, it is so hard to get played on US radio. There are a few broadcasting companies that own most of the radio stations in America - cumulus being one of the biggest. If one of these broadcasting stations decides they don't want to play your music for whatever reason, then you are pretty much screwed. That's how much power they have. They aren't especially welcoming to artists that are foreign either from what I've noticed during my time following US radio. 

There are so many successful European artists like Robbie Williams who have tried to make it in the US market but have failed too. You can have all the money in the world behind you and still fail at this, it's really one of the biggest gambles ever. 

That's one of the reasons I would very hesitant about the guys making any kind of possible debut in America. As much as I ADORE them and think they are the most talented bunch of guys out there my honest opinion is that as a group they would not have success in the states. I think any kind of debut in America should be approached on an individual level. 

TOP could be a great actor with some more training and experience. He has the whole package to make it in Hollywood. He is handsome, charismatic, has that 1 million dollar smile and he's good at what he does. He needs to work on his english of course but I honestly think he would have a great future as an actor. 

Taeyang could definitely debut as a solo singer but it would take him years to build up a fan base strong enough to propel him onto mainstream US radio imo. If he does decide to debut in the US I think he needs to establish himself over there from the ground up. One can't expect success straight away like what happened with se7en. YG needs to use relevant producers and not just people who have a famous name but wont produce you anything worth listening to (I'm talking about people like DarkChild of course).  A lot of these producers get hundreds of calls from foreign artist wanting to make it in America and they charge a fortune to produce you sub standard tracks because they're stupid enough to pay for it. The producer doesn't care most of the time, he/she made her quick buck and moved on. 

If he does take this route I hope it is given 100% support and isn't half a$ed like most US debuts seem to be. 

I'll touch on another topic which is a bit sensitive ph34r.gif No matter how much we wish it wasn't so, we can't ignore the fact that being asian will have a detrimental effect on YB's possible US debut. There are still plenty of racists out there and people who just in general have pre-conceived opinions about asian artists  who debut in the US. It is a road block that every asian artist faces in the states. 

GD - well if the boy keeps improving with his songwriting skills and producing I can totally see him producing in the states. I think it would be a good experience for him to just go there are a little while even if he doesn't intend to stay just to have that insight into how the industry works over there and maybe to learn some new tricks. But I don't see Jiyong leaving South Korea. I think he is very comfortable where he is and has ambitions there. I see him opening a company of his own in the future 

Seungri and Daesung I also don't see leaving South Korea. I obviously think they are very talented but I don't see how they would have a place in the US market. Possibly acting? I'm not sure, I haven't thought about this one at length. 

Wow that turned into an essay lol and I don't know if it made any sense whatsoever blush.gif

Guest peppermintsugar

How is it that every single song on the Heartbreaker album is insanely good? Gonna go listen to that right now thanks for reminding me! haha.

^ wow, how is it that I didn't know about "A Good Man"? vip fail on my end -_-

Thanks fellow VIPS for letting me know! I'm listening to it and spazzing like it was the day I found out about the greatness that is Big Bang :D

Guest Banana Peel

I'm surprised Big Bang hasn't tried for a debut in the states, because I feel like they're very well rounded and are one of the few more popular Korean groups that could do it. I also realize they've been gone/busy for a while, so maybe something will happen after this comeback. I can dream :wub: Nothing I would love more than to see my babies live!

And it's not just my intense love for Big Bang saying that they could probably make it over here, because I love me some SHINee too and I'm pretty positive that they wouldn't do well here at all haha.

I personally don't want Big Bang to debut in the states. :x I know they have a high chance of perhaps letting their name known in the states, but it's pretty hard for a GUY GROUP to be popular in the US at the moment. Unless they're a rock band, that is, haha. Well, not only because of those reasons but it's going to take FOREVER for the boys to make a comeback in korea often while promoting overseas. If their Japanese promotion took few years, then US would probably take up even more, making it impossible to enjoy seeing them on Korean Stage. I guess what I mean is, I just don't want them to lose contact with korean fans like se7en and then losing half of the kVIPs. :(

Am I being too pessimistic about the outcome of BB's us debut? LOL, sorry. I didn't mean to sound little in spirit but I'm personally content with their activities in Asia for now :)

& OMG, I agree with most of you, I LOVE the song A Good Man. My all time favorite. I repeated that song on my itunes forever for few weeks when I got into it. Just love the rapping and the intense feel to that song. I REALLY hope they'll make another song like that in their album.

Guest toozdae08

@ Michala01

OMG, are you in my brain and sharing my thoughts :unsure: ?

She's Gone is my FAVORITE song on GD's album - absolutely adore the mess out of this song. However, I understand why it wasn't promoted. The lyrics were really dark and he kills the girl at the end, not very general public friendly. That's why I didn't list YB's Take It Slow as a promoted song even though it's my fav song on the album, the lyrics aren't very public friendly either as it's blatantly about sex.

Guest peppermintsugar

Nah, I definitely understand what you're saying, but I'm the type of person that really gets a lot out of seeing groups live. Back when I was younger I used to go to at least like four shows a month, all of my favorite bands -- it's such an intimate experience, something that isn't the same through videos you watch on the internet, or on TV, or anything like that. It's that feeling of intimacy with Big Bang that I desperately strive for, and I dunno about you but I'm not exactly rolling in the cash flow to fly to Korea and see them live any time soon HAHA.

I just think Big Bang's look and sound is different and better suited for the states than what has previously been sent. Wonder Girls, Se7en, BoA, now 2NE1, JYJ...really? I can't really see US potential in any of them, especially Wonder Girls and JYJ -- and I LOVE Se7en, but him not making it big here just isn't surprising.

However, realistically and fangirling aside, it probably won't happen, so I'll just have to stay very content with what they do in far away Korea!

Guest Michala01

How is it that every single song on the Heartbreaker album is insanely good? Gonna go listen to that right now thanks for reminding me! haha.

The album really is a pop treasure imo! It's just got everything I could want on one album. It has it's sad moments, it's angry moments, sexy and just plain ridiculous. I love it to death. 

@ Michala01

OMG, are you in my brain and sharing my thoughts  :unsure: ?  

She's Gone is my FAVORITE song on GD's album - absolutely adore the mess out of this song. However, I understand why it wasn't promoted. The lyrics were really dark and he kills the girl at the end, not very general public friendly. That's why I didn't list YB's Take It Slow as a promoted song even though it's my fav song on the album, the lyrics aren't very public friendly either as it's blatantly about sex.

hehe great minds think alike biggrin.gif

About what songs are promoted - We're always going to have to deal with this because the boys are considered idols dry.gif When I think of all the songs that don't make their albums because they are considered 'inappropriate' for an idol type of album I literally want to scream and pull my hair out. I would give my left foot to hear the songs that don't make their albums. I would love to hear TOP and GD's profanity laden, angry raps that they can't release. 

It's so effing annoying. But as I said, it's all a part of being a fan of an idol group and I'll deal with it but I don't like it. 

I just think Big Bang's look and sound is different and better suited for the states than what has previously been sent. Wonder Girls, Se7en, BoA, now 2NE1, JYJ...really? I can't really see US potential in any of them, especially Wonder Girls and JYJ -- and I LOVE Se7en, but him not making it big here just isn't surprising.

However, realistically and fangirling aside, it probably won't happen, so I'll just have to stay very content with what they do in far away Korea!

^THIS.

That's what I tried to say when I mentioned taeyang's "Connection" song. But I also agree, I just want them back in Korea for the moment, forget about the US!! :lol:

I'm still torn, trying to decide of I'd want Big Bang to come to the states. Banana Peel had a lot of really good points about how hard it would be to make it out here, especially as a 5 member boy group (hmm... sounds familiar?), and what not.

But for me, the biggest argument for them coming to the States is that I honestly feel like Korea can't hold Big Bang. That is, Big bang is a group that can't be contained within Korea, its kpop, and its idols. I feel like Big Bang should be loved and appreciated for their music internationally (not to say that they aren't already), and also recognized for it. I also feel like if they did release an English album, targeted for America, they would have a LOT more freedom with the kind of songs they released.

a little while ago, I mentioned this specifically about G-Dragon's "Leaders" song. If you watch GDtv, the episode where GD, CL & Teddy are recording that song, GD's rap is a bit different than the one released on the album. But I think it got changed because of the swearing. :vicx: In the states, while we do have censored versions, I still think the boys wouldn't have to censor themselves quite so much as they do in Korea.

EDIT:

I found the video of the GDtv episode: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdf4zb_eng-090812-mnet-yg-live-tv-e07-2-3_shortfilms begins @ 9:30.

in the video: "You ain't a G, so you wanna be fresh like a **** G to the D then holla at me."

^ I liked this version better because it completed GD's rap punning on his name aka the "my name is gee gee gee gee baby baby GD GD baby baby"

Guest Banana Peel

@ peppermintsugar. Ah yes, I get what you mean though. I would LOVE to see Big Bang live in front of my own eyes instead of the computer screen trying to find the most High quality videos so I can see them clearly LOL. Yeah, flying all the way to korea to see Big Bang is just too costly ;_____; I really hope Big Bang, or the whole YG family would have a tour in the states soon. I'd do anything to get my hands on those tickets, haha.

True, I can't see any of them really making it in the US either. It's going to be a big surprise to me if JYJ makes it in the states though, haha. I definitely don't see them exactly succeeding, but it's too soon to assume. Hm, I do wonder what the America would think about BB's concept though. They're too accustomed to the rock band type of thing that if BB debuts with a hip hop (wait, would it be a electo pop(?) genre now? xD they've evolved music styles over the years), I'm afraid they'll only recieve criticisms. ;_____; but who knows, maybe they do have a big chance of making it since YG's music styles are way more "american" than the other trials of kpop groups.

@CLI0 ah, that's a really good point you made about "Big bang is a group that can't be contained within Korea, its kpop, and its idols" :) very good wording because it made me think, oh yeah! haha. You have a good point, they would probably have a lot more freedom with their music and lyrics, hahah.

Guest LitoLammy

omg!! the new cf was a goooooood surprise!!

everyone was sooo cute!! <3

i hope they show the behind the scene clips soo we can see these dorks in action!!

---------

i forgot who mentioned it...

but about BabyRi getting hurt...

i just watched todays ep of EJ.. and next weeks preview shows him hurting his ankle from what looks like the race ='(

i hope he didnt hurt it that bad..

seeing it just reminded me of The Great Concert... not happy memories.. =(

The boys looks so adorable in LG Optimus CF. My mind is still in a confuse state seeing it lol. I feel weird ><.

posted?

{TRANS} Big Bang wants to create music of the new century!

bbhbigbang101003.jpg

Every time the powerful music group Big Bang releases a new album, it will become a topic. After their Japanese promotions end, Big Bang will have their comeback to the Korean music scene in November, to continue creating new music to bring glory to the Korean music industry.

Big Bang "With criticisms then only one will grow up!"

As the leader of Big Bang, besides writing songs for his own group, G-Dragon also often write songs for his juniors under the same company. As for the difference between writing songs for others and for himself, G-Dragon openly shared, saying, "I feel that it is more interesting to write songs for myself!" It's because G-Dragon feels that only he himself will understand what the album needs. At the same time, only in his own album can he truly express his ideas! Just like his debut album [HEARTBREAKER], although it is well received but there are also a lot of negative comments. For those who criticized, G-Dragon is only holding on to an attitude that is to readily accept it. He said, "I think that if there is criticism, then only I will grow up." In addition, G-Dragon also revealed that Big Bang will have their comeback in November. He spoke frankly that this time he will break free from the tradition, "Korea's electronic music is very popular...", however G-Dragon decided to challenge against the difficulty to cross over the popularity of electronic music and creates new music, hoping that everyone will look forward to it!

Big Bang "The distress of being the youngest!"

Being the youngest in the group, he should be doted on and taken good care of, but Seungri doesn't seem to have that. It's because whenever he encountered problems and difficulties, Seungri will hide his own grievances. Have difficulties why not just discuss with his hyungs? Seungri spoke frankly, “I will not discuss with anybody! “ The reason is because Seungri feels that once he spoke out frankly about his inner feelings, the people around him will know about it soon. He said, "This kind of feeling is very hurtful~" After all, the content that he disclosed to the other person is a "secret", but who knows it turned out that everyone knew about it. He really cannot accept such feeling. But the Seungri now has already found a method. He said, "If I really encountered something that makes me feel angry or a problem, after staying calm for 15 minutes I will be fine~" Seungri admitted that he didn't want to discuss with his hyungs because he didn't want the members to worry about him. He also didn't want to let the members see his weaker side.

Big Bang "Persist on own ideas"

Regarding music, Big Bang always has a firm determination and member Taeyang is also the same. He has always been hoping to communicate with everyone through music. Taeyang is also very confident on music. He said, "As long as the music is good, even without any publicity in that country, I believe that they will still have our songs!" However, previously Taeyang did have the thought of using another country's music as a goal. But after that he thought again, it shouldn't be like this. He should persist on his own faith in music. He said, "Just like my two solo singles, till now I still deeply believe that I can use my own music to move the others~"

Big Bang "Continue to embrace the enthusiasm!"

Instead of setting ambitious goals for them to achieve, T.O.P thinks that without goals, they can still complete the work enthusiastically. T.O.P admitted that he is not one who knows how to set goals for himself but so far, he is still full of enthusiasm in everything he does. Another point that he wants to emphasize is that, a person cannot be without innocence! T.O.P feels that the innocence that he has is a great help, whether it is on acting or singing. And T.O.P's so-called innocence is the "purity of heart". For example, T.O.P has the habit of collecting figurines. He thinks that this kind of "child-like mentality" is good and it will enable him to continue treating every challenge with enthusiasm!

Big Bang "Group and Solo aren't the same!"

Many people may wonder why are Big Bang members releasing their own solo singles? Actually to Daesung, whether it is Solo or group, they will always try to bring out their own characteristics. And Daesung feels that when in the group, he must think carefully which position he should stand at, what he should do. Daesung said that when in the group, especially when on stage, he definitely will not be joking around or show any artistic sense! He said laughingly, "When on stage, one should have some restraint." But once off-stage, Daesung will continue to make fun of the members, continue to play around. And when doing his own promotions, Daesung will reveal his most natural self. He said that when in the group, it's normal to have a different appearance.

Scanned & Translated by Miseremei @ bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Credit if re-post & do not remove or change any of the credits

2ic7d5d.jpg

1zc0e8p.jpg

2pu04mr.jpg

Credit: -undercurrent@tumblr

Guest tomorrow13

WOAHHH, I was away for 3 weeks and missed so many things.

First of all, although I'm late, I want to congratulate new sub mods. Hope you'll do a good job modding. ^_^

I'm glad that I'm back at the right time so that I can spazz with you guys about the new CF.

I love it <333. :wub:

No, I love every new photos, new interviews, new CFs, new vids of the boys now because I'm so Big Bang deprived that everything about the boys is precious to me.

Like many of you here, I became a VIP during their hiatus, I've never seen them perform in Mnet, Music Bank, Inkigayo,... I've never gone through the feeling of waiting excitedly, spazzing like crazy when they release the new album's concept, the teaser or at the first time we listen to their new songs, the first time their performance is broadcast, the first time they win. I really want to experience them. But I still don't know I have to wait for how long more. :(

Just hope that those happy days are around the corner and we all can satisfy our thirst for Big Bang.

P/s: If my post isn't appropriate here and should be moved to VIP Lounge, please pm me.

Guest SoshiBangBang

Am I the only one who dosen't mind shinhdeplol topping every page? Her contributions are greatly appreciated and is what keeps this place moving! Don't stop.

I just wanted to shed some light on something that's been bothering me for a while. I live in Singapore and I'm going for the KPOP Night 2010 concert which features our 5 boys and other acts like S9 etc etc. The situation here is that I've been a loyal fan since 2006 and I will only call myself a VIP and nothing else but I see lots of multi-fans (being fans of multiple groups), it's been a growing trend ever since the Hallyu Wave hit big in Singapore. I get REALLY REALLY pissed at these people, to me, I think these people lack loyalty and are just looking at my boys for their looks, when they are SO MUCH MORE. To me, they are big influences in my life while to them they're just some eye candies. So, me and my fanclub members were gonna order VIP lightsticks, and sure enough, many people signed up for them but I also know for a fact that many of them are also Shawols,S0NEs,Primadonna's. It just pisses me off. How dare they call themselves VIP? Please help me and give me some advice on this matter.

My question is:

WHAT MAKES A V.I.P?

Guest Michala01

^^^

I also am ONLY a VIP because I honestly cannot imagining loving any other group half as much as I love Big Bang. There are people that just like being in fandoms for the sake of it and others who really do like more than one group equally. Whilst I don't get it because I could never be like that, each person is different. So on the matter I say to each his own. 

Archived