★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

I'd have to agree with the Big Bang having lots of international male fans thing, I am one.

It helps that even 1-2 years ago they didn't look like ...er not straight men...like most kpop bands did. Of course now the trend is to look 'manly' so of course they're all hopping on that nowadays.

I'm a male fan too. :))) I think, I mean WE think, BIG BANG is AWESOME. I like their songs because it express how I feel. Big bang is just damn great.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chopsticksandspoon

What I meant with selling out is that, even though they started out more hip-hop oriented, they eventually turned to styles more suitable for mainstream. Meaning, they turned to the styles that earned them more money. Or to be more precise-----they started to create music for the female market, started changing their image to please them.

I have heard and read BIG BANG mentioning several times that they REALLY do have to compromise, and make their songs appeal to the masses. But really now-----------------at this point, and this stage of their career, I would like to think that they have grown a big enough, and loyal fanbase, that would actually allow them to finally release what they have wanted to create from the very start.

More than anything I´d like to see that happen. To produce music they love, and not think about gender or popularity for once.

But yes, in terms of really selling out TOP comes to mind the first. To me, it is GD and him actually, since both displayed the desire to be real rappers from very early on. Technically speaking both could have refused YGs plans to debut them as a boyband. They could have switched agencies, tried another way to achieve that goal, and yet they didn´t.

Again-----------I can understand them 100 percent. Better to get this chance than none. I would have done the same----------honestly------------in the end, as is with most things in life, what really matters-----is the money.

It's not that Big Bang is selling out. I think it's the opposite.

From the start, critics have said that Big bang will not go far as an idol group because Korea isn't ready for a "revolution of idol". They were right. Though Big Bang gained a following, it wasn't massive and they continued to be just like everybody else. La La La to Dirty Cash - where did that come from?

Then Lies came. Now we all know that GD wrote it for himself, but YG gave it to Big Bang. If you're going to look in more closely, this event is very significant as this:

• > means that Lies is the kind of music that GD wants to sing
  • > that YG believes that Big Bang is capabale to pull off another change in style
  • > that YG believes in Big Bang enough to make their title song written by a member
  • > that YG and BB are brave enough to risk their small following to please themselves
  • > marked the start of people's curiosity on Big Bang's music and not only them being idols
  • > marks the start of the people having high expectations for BB especially GD's song writing skills

After Lies became a total hit, they followed it with Last farewell. Does Last Farewell sound anything like Lies? No, because GD didn't write Last Farewell. How about Haru Haru? And all the other songs that Big Bang has released like Sunset Glow? How about all the other songs in their mini-albums?

Look at who wrote it and you'll see that TOP writes songs that he wants BB to sing while GD writes songs that he wants BB to sing. It's not that they wrote it because it makes money, they wrote those songs because they want Big Bang to sing it.

How about all the other songs that they are releasing right now that doesn't seem to be their style? First, look at who wrote it. Second, why was it written. Third, why were they picked to sing it.

Don't always judge Big Bang based on what you want them to be. Pure Hip hop or pure RnB or pure hardcore this and that. If they need to sing this song, and they agreed to it, then why not let them sing it and enjoy the benefits?

From what I see, it's more like them risking everything they have built for themselves by trying new and different song genres that is not quite the same with their previous hits.

Big Bang is a playground. In a group with five members, you can afford to try different things - just like what they are doing right now. One of the joys of being a fan is waiting what they will come out with next. Why? Because every song that they write or Teddy writes or other composers write for them, they give it their own style that it would definitely sound different if it was sung by another artist other than Big Bang.

So, are they compromising their own individual style for the sake of Big Bang earning money?

Of course. Because they are a team. And as a team, they need to help each other and each other's family as well as the hundreds of employees in YG to earn a living.

Then isn't it sad that they are singing different songs from what they want to sing? Poor them! Sacrificing their wants and dreams and goals for the sake of money!!

Well, not really. You said it yourself, TOP and GD could have moved to a different company that will let them sing the songs that they want to hear.

Wait- what?

Doesn't YG already do that for them? TOP is able to write and release songs that he wants and he will have his solo album that will contain songs that he wants to sings. GD released a solo album that contained songs he composed and therefore wanted to sing. YB released songs that he wanted to sing and co-wrote songs with Teddy that he wanted to sing. Wedding Dress didn't achieve the success that Look Only at Me received but he got to sing what he wants. Seungri got to sing Strong Baby that GD wrote for him and that, I'm sure he wants to sing.

Their solo activities is where they get to sing the type of songs that they want. Being in Big bang is where they can enjoy doing crazy stuff that they wouldn't normally do by themselves as solo artists.

Also, this isn't about being underground and being less famous to to be called a real rapper or a real artist. People think that the real talented artists with freedom and such are those who are unnoticed and the popular ones are overrated and only sing to please fans and earn money. While this is true, think first if it applies to Big Bang. They write their own songs, they sing those songs. People write songs for them, they sing those songs. What's wrong with that?

If GD, TOP, Bae, Dae and Ri aren't happy in Big Bang, then why stay?

Actually, this "compromising their own music style" brings a smile to myself.

Why?

Because it goes to show how strongly each Big Bang member feel for their music. Other groups cannot say the same because they only wait for their company's composers to hand them their hits while BB has a passion for their music that controls how each of them sings.

This is the reason why I respect them and Shinhwa.

Guest chrichelle

HOLLA VIPS!!

congrats BIGBANG for another set of AWARDS..woop woop..i can feel it.. international recognition for BIGBANG... they are gonna be BIG...!

ooh i have a question again guys..does BSX have a online store where we can purchase? especially the BSX shirts for world cup?!! i really want those..please help me...thanks guys!! :D

I'm a male fan too. :))) I think, I mean WE think, BIG BANG is AWESOME. I like their songs because it express how I feel. Big bang is just damn great.

wow!!! fanboy..~! *bow*

posted?

T.O.P Receives Praises after Pre-screening @ Stanford University

"T.O.P's acting is awesome!"

Big Bang's member, T.O.P (Choi Seung-hyun) is one of the actors who garnered most praises after the

pre-screening of the movie "Into the Fire" (Directed by Lee Jae Han, produced by Taewon Entertainment) at Stanford University on May 27th.

In the movie, T.O.P acts as Oh Jang Bum, an enthusiastic 17 year-old who missed home, yet had to continue to be the leader of youth soldiers. T.O.P has successfully portrayed the responsibility of leading the soldier team, the passion to defence his country, the fear of a young man towards war through his infamous eye acting, the "Big Bang eye contact". :D :D :D

After the pre-screening ended, American film critics, audiences and crew have all given T.O.P big thumbs up. Professor Matthew Sommer in Stanford University said that T.O.P's acting has impressed him through his various emotions. He also complimented T.O.P for having different kind of expressions on his face, and he's confident that T.O.P's acting will continue to improve.

The director of "Into the Fire", Lee Jae Han also believes that T.O.P will impress more people and attract more opportunities after the movie is aired.

In a recent interview, T.O.P said that throughout the filming of the movie, he has dumped his identity as Big Bang's T.O.P and also Choi Seung-hyun for 24 years, until he couldn't really remember himself anymore. He also expressed his gratitude towards his sunbaes Kwon Sang-woo, Cha Seung-won, Kim Seung-woo and Park Jin-hee for helping him throughout the filming.

source: Asiae.co.kr

korean to chinese: kati @ BBCN

chinese to english: jiyan @ www.bigbangupdates.com

taken from: bigbangupdates.com

i'm really proud of him..~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cant wait for the movie!!

Guest shinhdeplol

BIGBANG 「MTV LIVE 05.30.10」 YGE Japan Official Photo Release

o0573043010569768912.jpg

Via YGE Japan

Taken from teambigbang.blogspot.com

- - -

a8f107d25a89513b3bf3cf4.jpg

C: omo__嚸の丶@ baidu

Guest ChauDinh

Woa, I really proud of TOP, he's so talent, singing, rapping, composing, and now acting.

I'm glad that he gains more supporting and compliment after Into the gunfire was show,

he must be very happy now when reading those compliments.

Although I haven't seen Into the gunfire but I believe TOP had put all his effort into this movie

and won't make us disappointed.

Everyone just wait until 17/6, haft a month, to see our TOP on screen.

I hope Into the gunfire will also be aired in Viet Nam.

Big Bang is the only boy group that I respect and admire most cause they perform their own music, never lip-synce, every members live together happily in a big family YG, they never show off and their fans VIP are best fans I have ever known.

VIP never fight with other groups' fans, they act in an educated way although many antifans criticize their idol.

That why I choose Big Bang as my TOP idol . :D

Guest shinhdeplol

^ I put them into thumbnails already but are they really that heavy?

BIGBANG T.O.P「VOGUE」interview&Photo Shoot! (June 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0IfATx35I

Visit teambigbang.blogspot.com for DL link ^^

- - -

Gifs and caps from the video above ^^

12753865732010060119041.gif

12753865732010060119041.th.gif12753865732010060119041.th.gif12753865732010060119041.th.gif12753865732010060119041.th.gif12753865732010060119040.th.gif

C: verdad @ DCInside

002zsi.th.jpg001qiq.th.jpg

C: 밸리- @ DCinside

Ahhh...still no links for BB's perf @ MTV LIVE?

are you asking for fancams or like broadcast links?

FYI

Big Bang performed today a few days ago at MTV Live but the event will only be shown on TV (MTV Japan) on June 27. Here's the schedule:

June 27 : 3:00PM-4:00PM

June 28 : 4:00AM-5:00AM (Replay)

June 28 : 10:00AM-11:00AM (Replay)

June 30 : 3:30PM -4:30PM (Replay)

[Japan Time]

Credits: MTV Japan + tisya & jane @ www.bigbangupdates.com

Guest shinhdeplol

MnetWIDE's twitter tweeted something about TOP, Taecyeon and some other ppl... about singers turning into actors I think

46295286.png

C: http://twitter.com/MnetWIDE

- - -

Photos from MTV LIVE and the IRIS event

phien5.th.jpgphien4.th.jpgphien3.th.jpg

phien2.th.jpgphien1.th.jpgphien.th.jpg

nekosan1966img450x60012.th.jpgnekosan1966img450x60012.th.jpgnekosan1966img450x60012.th.jpgnekosan1966img450x60012.th.jpgnekosan1966img450x60012.th.jpg

phien211.th.jpgphien210.th.jpgphien29.th.jpgphien28.th.jpgphien27.th.jpgphien26.th.jpg

phien25.th.jpgphien24.th.jpgphien23.th.jpgphien22.th.jpgphien21.th.jpgphien2.th.jpg

C: YahooJapan & from:BBCN

Thanks to Lyn @ dsholic

in my country there are many boys who are fan of BB

and I proud of it

We fanboys should unite. LOL.

-----

Posted?

[NEWS] T.O.P “I want to become a monster.”

Before the interview, I wondered briefly whether I should call him T.O.P or Choi Seung Hyun. To tell you the conclusion, both the name T.O.P and the name Choi Seung Hyun were used together without any awkwardness in the interivew.

As an interview to promote the movie ‘Into the Fire’ (dir. Lee Jae Han) due out this June, I met T.O.P on May 20th at a cafe in Seoul. Unlike other idols-turned-actors who discard their stage names and encourage the use of their birth names saying, “Forget the image of my that you see on stage,” T.O.P, Choi Seung Hyun did not neglect neither Big Bang’s T.O.P nor actor Choi Seung Hyun.

Rather, today T.O.P says, “I think about going back to the stage now.” Putting the past several months, during which he was mindlessly busy with drama ‘Iris’ and movie ‘Into the Fire,’ behind him, he had been thinking about the next step and “for now I think I want to return to being the musician T.O.P. I have a mindset that I shouldn’t neglect either side.” Neither an escape nor an abandonment, it was simply a glimpse into 24-year-old T.O.P’s efforts at finding a balance between acting and music.

Then how would one score T.O.P’s first big screen debut? The movie hasn’t debuted yet but the movie critics’ opinions are high. T.O.P’s fierce gaze as seen in the movie previews also heightened expectations. Cha Seung Won, Kim Seung Woo, Kwon Sang Woo, and other acting seniors who starred in the movie complimented T.O.P’s acting, and critics acclaimed, “This is T.O.P’s movie. This is T.O.P’s rediscovery.” But T.O.P’s own reaction is downplayed.

“Looking back, it’s an honor to be part of a film with so much meaning at my age. But even while I was filming I didn’t really think about that stuff. Until filming ended, I didn’t have much freedom of mind to think about it.”

But he does say that his level of satisfaction is high. “I can’t really give it a score, but I put my all into it and I feel satisfied. I wasn’t myself as I was filming ‘Into the Fire,’ he says as he thinks about his efforts.

“Even now I have a brotherly relationship with director Lee Jae Han, who has a similar personality as I do. We would talk a lot in his office even before filming began, and I thought about how I wanted to temporarily put the existing T.O.P aside and become the character in the movie. The director said, ‘I don’t know how good your acting technique is as of now, but let’s put everything on the line and do this.’ As we talked about things like this, we adapted mindsets and know-hows that I would use before going on stage to developing my character in the movie.”

Having had such a conversation, T.O.P’s efforts in separating actor from singer became pointless. He was an artist who was immersed in both acting and music simultaneously. Though he still avoids putting more weight on one or the other, he also learned to put his all into both and becoming the best in bothw orlds.

Suddenly, I become curious as to who T.O.P will be at the age of 30.

“What do you think we’ll see of you when you’re 30?” At this question, T.O.P’s answer was as follows.

“I can’t really guess but I want to become someone who is unique in all things. I want to become a person that is so fresh, to the point where people call me a monster. I want to become someone who incites expectation and curiosity in everyone who hears the name T.O.P.”

To end, T.O.P leaves us with leaves us with the saying, “It’s easy to become a cool person. But to become a curious person, that’s hard.”

cr: BBVIP and ibigbang.wordpress.com

Guest shinhdeplol

umvsnt.jpg

^ Hawt <333

C: W Korea Feature Director Twitter (http://richard simmons.kr/UMVSnT) // EE* @ BBVIPZ

Guest shinhdeplol

Are those photos unseen? I dont rmb seeing them around ^^

4c939f201ba9ce9f4723e8c.jpg

0371c3af45cf98324b36d68.jpg

27b1c699731bb58ec9eaf48.jpg

05c3001dde178558f624e48.jpg

Who is the guy that is posing with BB? He is so lucky :lol:

C: Colonize // Cyworld // omo__嚸の丶@ baidu

- - -

img26jpg.th.jpgimg21jpg.th.jpgimg16jpg.th.jpgimg11jpg.th.jpg

C: 권부장 // OrANgE @ popcornfor2

Guest azzii

After reading the translated interview which I got from bigbangvip.net regarding on his upcoming movie...It puts another smile on my face because:

T.O.P. is really admirable! He puts his best onto everything he involves himself with. The dedication he has shown in being the leading actor for 71: Into the Fire payed off... Taking aside T.O.P., the (well known bamf) rapper and (dorky)Choi Seunghyun, the real him to convey the most appropriate character for the movie.It's a completley new side of him!

After seeing all the teasers and behind the scenes... what gave me such an impact were his expressions on the OST Once Upon a Time... Even though I can't understand Korean language and rely only on subbed and translated videos, his acting showed a child so sad to leave his mother, an innocent individual of the real situation at hand and the development of courage to defend their country; to take responsibility as the commander of the student troops... he was impressive with those eyes! It all fitted well. I guess this movie showcases his potential as a great actor.

He never ceases to amaze me!

********************************************************************************

Still, I'm anticipating much for his ongoing solo album production!!!

TOP hwaiting!

Bigbang hwaiting!

********************************************************************************

Guest shinhdeplol

lottedfc.jpg

C: lottedfs // OrANgE @ popcornfor2

Some gifs of Daesung in Shouting Korea clips :D You can spot many cute moments between GDae and ToDae ^^ TOP is really so sweet towards Daesung :wub:

wtd04.th.gifwgd01.th.gifptd07.th.gif

myd02.th.gifdaesung01.th.gif4td01.th.gif0td05.th.gif

daebromance9.th.gifdaebromance8.th.gifdaebromance7.th.gifdaebromance6.th.gifdaebromance5.th.gif

daebromance4.th.gifdaebromance3.th.gifdaebromance2.th.gifdaebromance1.th.gifdaebromance.th.gif

C: 百合 @ SMILE HOLIC // ZAMORA

- - -

Can someone translate this?

http://www.bbvipz.com/bbs/view.php?id=bigr...sc&no=14861

^ An interview about Seungri and his COA Day???

v Those have been posted last page :D The ones you post are HQ-er LOL

Archived