100220 Jiyong @ the airport. I love the beanie and scarf ^^

last1r.jpg

C: gd-880818 l Aeuy_Chubby @ BBTHAILAND

100220yline.gif

C: y_line_ l Aeuy_Chubby @ BBTHAILAND

XS0.7272585_1_1.jpg

C: DC2NE1 l soompi l cocog @ BBTHAILAND

Guest universe

i like how the thread is moving :) quite a few updates today!

well regarding Lollipop 2's ranking....somehow i'm surprised but yet not that surprised that it isn't an all-kill. its a fact the number of VIPs are decreasing. the korean fans are really young, and they will be more fickle, especially with so many other bands debuting and making apperances almost 24/7.

Big Bang has been gone for quite some time. Bae's and Dae's solos are not exactly what i would call successful, which explained something. i really wished YG had release the MV along with the song though. i'm sure an MV would bump up the rankings, but maybe not that much too. Kara's Lupin is doing really well on charts and no MV has been released for it. so i dun really know what to make of that :mellow: even 2ne1's Try To Follow Me" did better.

i wonder how the boys are feeling now. the difference in public's reactions for both Lollipop songs are kinda obvious. to me, YG's marketing tactics have always been either a hit or miss. i do hope he will do something about this. i will have to disagree that YG does not care about rankings. awards yes, but definitely not rankings. the number of downloads are sort of an indicator for public interest. i do hope their end of year comeback would not be too late :huh:

on to happier stuff..

i have this huge grin on my face while watching Daeri's MC cuts :D i missed them badly. i'm sure VIPs too. look at the number of VIPs in the studio just to see the boys MC-ing. i do hope YG fam will start appearing on MuCore now. it felt kinda weird to see Daeri on TV coz they have been gone for so long haha.

and those are some famous J-celebs who went for ELT!!! gosh i totally would not have expected that. i would not be surprised that a Japanese single will be dropping soon. Universal would want to ride on the ELT hype

i wonder what are the plans now since the concerts are over. start with Bae's album please, YG. he looked really out of it in the Lollipop 2 making of vid. :( i hope he's not moody or something

*EDIT*

Lollipop has risen to #1 in Monkey3 for the daily ranking :)

Guest Banana Peel

^

I agree with everything you just said. I'm hoping YG will do something about it. Also, iiii think it's a safe time to release the lollipop mv >_>; right? heh. I mean, they might as well since their whole behind the scenes were released -_-; It's like backwards lol.

I REALLY hope Big Bang as a group will produce an awesome addicting song that would top all the other artists later this year. Because at this rate, (not to be comparing) 2pm could possibly beat them in sales/charts o___o; I'm mentioning that group because there has been several reports/videos on which group would dominate in 2010. I'm kinda worried for BB, since the decrease of their fanclubs and all, but eh, I'm sure they'll do fine :D

I LOVED Daesung and Seungri MCing again. Ahh, only if they were back permanently :(

Oh, and the Good and Bad Examples of Big Bang thing really made me LOL. Gosh, those fanmade things must be really in trend these days, hahaha, love it!

Guest WintersRain

uuugh, this thread is getting so depressing... :( it makes me sad to think that big bang's popularity has gone down, just because they haven't been active for a while... but i'm keeping my hopes up! taeyang's and daesung's solos didn't do that well, but jiyong's was definitely a HUGE kill... and top's is coming out soon too :)

hopefully YG will release the mv soon... seriously, i think YG should have waited and released the MV, CF, and the track all at once, cuz it definitely would have made a bigger impact (especially because YG doesn't really focus on promoting their songs and hyping them up before releasing them)

it is sad that lollipop 2 isn't topping a lot of charts like we'd hoped, but keep in mind it is a CF song! and fans are fickle - with all these new groups debuting and all these old artists coming back, there's gonna be a lot of competition this year. hopefully, when big bang's real comeback is here, they will have evolved and taken another step forward, and their music will completely kill all the competition ^.^

big bang's TRUE VIP FANS (read: we) will always support them!!! ^.^ kekeke

not to sound spiteful, but it kinda makes me sad that 2ne1's Try to Copy Me did better than lollipop 2... i mean, i almost feel like 2ne1's popularity is only as high as it is because big bang set the stage first. a few years ago, 2ne1 really would not have survived... at all...

don't hate me, please T.T i do like 2ne1, they're crazy talented, but that's just my opinion...

Guest shinhdeplol

Monkey3 - #1

89151218.png

Soribada - #4

58949030.png

Dosirak - #2

12314278.png

MNet - #12

18001779.png

Cyworld - #3

29060621.png

Melon - #6

59323705.png

The song is moving up so dont worry :)

I notice the ranking changes like every time I check :lol:

posted?

ZH0.7272573_1_1.jpg9U0.7272574_1_1.jpg

4N0.7272575_1_1.jpg8S0.7272576_1_1.jpg

KK0.7272577_1_1.jpg5E0.7272578_1_1.jpg

4D0.7272579_1_1.jpgRS0.7272580_1_1.jpg

O30.7272581_1_1.jpg4E0.7272582_1_1.jpg

FH0.7272583_1_1.jpgHX0.7272584_1_1.jpg

C: 월영 l Aeuy_Chubby @ BBTHAILAND

720.7272592_1_1.jpg

DO0.7272593_1_1.jpg

7U0.7272594_1_1.jpg

TL0.7272595_1_1.jpg

H80.7272596_1_1.jpg

C: 쩜ㄷ l Aeuy_Chubby @ BBTHAILAND

In my opinion, as much as I hate to say this, but I think that YG is overestimating the popularity of Big Bang. As of right now, the kpop industry is ruled by auto tune + catchy addictive beats. However, YG throws out old school R&B with Taeyang and jazz with Daesung.

Yes Big Bang is huge, but it's not like other groups aren't popular. I can see that they're trying to make music and break Big Bang out of the idol group image, but actual artists don't sell at all. Even Kim Jong Kook who is on like every variety show and has a very impressive reputation has been getting killed in the album sales / charts department.

I think that YG has to start promoting Big Bang again, rather than just using guerrilla tactics [dropping songs out of the blue.] As much as I hate to say this, but if Big Bang is to make a major comeback, then they're going to have to conform to the repetitive catchy song norm.

Guest onnetwothreefour

In my opinion, as much as I hate to say this, but I think that YG is overestimating the popularity of Big Bang. As of right now, the kpop industry is ruled by auto tune + catchy addictive beats. However, YG throws out old school R&B with Taeyang and jazz with Daesung.

Yes Big Bang is huge, but it's not like other groups aren't popular. I can see that they're trying to make music and break Big Bang out of the idol group image, but actual artists don't sell at all. Even Kim Jong Kook who is on like every variety show and has a very impressive reputation has been getting killed in the album sales / charts department.

I think that YG has to start promoting Big Bang again, rather than just using guerrilla tactics [dropping songs out of the blue.] As much as I hate to say this, but if Big Bang is to make a major comeback, then they're going to have to conform to the repetitive catchy song norm.

I would have to disagree. YG is known to be the company that lets their artists do what they wish and only steps in to fine tune small details. JYP writes for 2pm, guess who writes for BB? Mostly GD, an actual member of the group. Big Bang puts out both catchy Kpop songs and at the same time releases songs that they want to release. Lies, Haru Haru, Sunset Glow? Compare those to How Gee and such.

Guest itszmaeee

Sorry to cut your post, but Big Bang doesn't need to come back with an overly repetitive song to get people's attention. Yes, autotuned and repetitive lyrics are the 'in' thing now in kpop, but I don't think Big Bang should join the bandwagon. They don't need to follow others just to keep the hype and anticipation coming and building. It's just a matter of time that we all have to be patient until an actual statement comes from YG himself. Actually those guerilla tactics seems to work. As much as I hate YG for doing things slow, you do have to admit that the man is smart. Sometimes I'm already doubting his tactics though. The fact that I'm not even sure and doesn't trust his words as much because he's know for delaying things. He say something then delays it the next. Just like how he always say 2NE1 might release their album April, but then SE7EN is releasing something the next month which is during the summer. Then I remember reading an article about GD saying something about Big Bang's comeback by the end of the year. It's confusing really.

Guest yaoming11

I don't agree with you.

YG doesn't strike me the type that would release a generic catchy song just to get album sales...

So far they only released concert promotion songs and CF songs, they don't exactly need promotion. When the time comes and they actually comeback they're gonna release good non-generic music that breaks the mold and will also get huge album sales.

You also can't expect a digital single to do as well as some other artist's full blown album.

Big Bang starts trends, they don't follow them.

Guest intelligirl

I think YG is too unpredictable. I'm glad we are getting Dae's and TOP's solo album,, but I still have to wonder what will happen to Taeyang's? I know that Tae's solo was not as popular as one could have hoped, but then again his promotions were no where close to the scale of GD's and we might not have a full-length album for quite some time <_< . This particular fact scares me because I feel like there are too many half-baked promotion efforts going on when I think the main focus should be Big Bang's overall image.

But things are still in progress, so there is no need for concern quite yet. The official comeback isn't underway and the Lollipop2 rankings have gone up I see :D .

@onnetwothreefour: of course I want more of YG artists. I LOVE them, but this does not keep me from wanting them to be promoted better because I am their fan...

Guest onnetwothreefour

anyone who is doubting or not fond of YG's promotional strategy should take a step back immediately and realize what just happened. you know that YG does things like this to keep people wanting more of the YG artists. So you go and post and talk about how you don't like it and it is always so unexpected BUT look at what it is doing to YOU. it keeps you thinking of the artists constantly because you are always wondering. it even made you post on soompi about it, it keeps YG on your mind. the strategy is working as long as we keep seeing posts related to how YG promotes.

Unlurking because I find this discussion about how well Lollipop 2 is doing relating to how popular Big Bang is/how well they'll do when the come back rather interesting. Yes, as a whole, Big Bang isn't at the same level as they were a year ago in terms of current fans and outspoken popularity, but I don't think they've gotten so unpopular where I'm worried about them actually selling albums or topping charts with their full album later this year. Lollipop 2 might not be doing as well as some people would think it should, but I attribute it to the fact that there was too much hype built around it to be the next "Lollipop" and it isn't as mainstream friendly as I think the first song.

Last year when Lollipop was released, there was no expectation of it really, there weren't very many competing songs out there, it was fun, catchy and easy to listen to, and it featured the YG stablemates (I don't think it's normal having to groups in one CF). All those factors combined made that first song as popular as it was. Lollipop 2 is good, but it doesn't catch in my head as much and there is a lot more competition out there. Honestly, I'm happy it's doing as well as it is, and to me, it's more of a treat that it was released in the first place.

I guess at the end of the day, maybe Big Bang doesn't have a large fanbase as they once did and maybe YG does think they are more popular than they are, but we have to remember this song isn't a comeback song - it's a CF song that isn't truly representative of Big Bang's music style. Normally CF-specific songs don't overtake really, really popular music at the moment (with Lollipop 1 being a really abnormal situation). The fact that it is still climbing up the charts means it's growing on people, which is better than if it went up to the top for a day and then dropped down into oblivion. :) Have patience and faith for the full album - I'm sure everything will be fine. :D

anyone who is doubting or not fond of YG's promotional strategy should take a step back immediately and realize what just happened. you know that YG does things like this to keep people wanting more of the YG artists. So you go and post and talk about how you don't like it and it is always so unexpected BUT look at what it is doing to YOU. it keeps you thinking of the artists constantly because you are always wondering. it even made you post on soompi about it, it keeps YG on your mind. the strategy is working as long as we keep seeing posts related to how YG promotes.

I think this only applies to hardcore supporters though. Fans keep track of their favorite artists closely but the general public could care less. As the saying goes - out of sight, out of mind. With so many new groups coming out, it's hard to stay popular especially if other groups are really making an effort to get themselves to the top. I think YG bit off more than he could chew with too much plans for this year. It's almost March and everything that has to do with YG artists keeps getting delayed. So disorganized! YG has some really weird promotional tactics like limiting his artists' performances on music shows like what he did with 2ne1's Fire promo, only letting them appear once a week. Obviously, I Don't Care did so much better because it was promoted more. Sometimes I feel like YG is sabotaging his own company lolz.

Guest onnetwothreefour

I think this only applies to hardcore supporters though. Fans keep track of their favorite artists closely but the general public could care less. As the saying goes - out of sight, out of mind. With so many new groups coming out, it's hard to stay popular especially if other groups are really making an effort to get themselves to the top. I think YG bit off more than he could chew with too much plans for this year. It's almost March and everything that has to do with YG artists keeps getting delayed. So disorganized! YG has some really weird promotional tactics like limiting his artists' performances on music shows like what he did with 2ne1's Fire promo, only letting them appear once a week. Sometimes I feel like he's sabotaging his own company lolz.

I never thought of it that way :D but I think rules like "1 show a week" is good to me. It sacrifices us fans getting to see them more often but it also means that our favorite bands are safe and not being overworked ;)

Guest teenace

Honestly I love how YG is promoting his artists so far.

Do you guys see how JYP and SM artists look dead tired all the time?

They apprear everywhere which kind of gets sickening in my opinion.

Before 2009,the boys went in the hospital one after another. I don't want that to happen again.

Popularity comes with a price and I rather BB do their own thing and not follow the steps of others.

They make the trends so lets just wait for their comeback. Then we can determine if leaving for Japan has effected them.

Also I love this Lollipop more then the first one,even though I love my girls,but this song shows off their vocals and how much they matured. Can't wait for the MV:D

DaeRi were too cute on MC,I miss their mcing days.

VVagree its only a CF song so charts shouldn't matter much.

@shinhdeplol:The one that you posted are Real-Time Chart,that's why it keeps changing^^

Daily Music Charts:

Mnet: #4

mnet.jpg

Melon: #6

melon.jpg

Dosirak: #2

dosirakm.jpg

Cyworld: #2

cyworld.jpg

Bugs: #1

bugsg.jpg

Monkey3: #1

monkeyt.jpg

I have no idea why the ranking is such a big deal when

-it's just a CF song and it was just released 2 days ago

-they topped the charts even though they have gone for more than a year from kpop scence

-while others who released CF song plus MV didn't top the charts

-I think the ranking is quite impressive..no?

I have no idea why they need a repetitive/auto-tuned song when

-they become huge and famous because they produce non-repetitive/auto-tuned song

-and for solo songs,they produce those kind of genres(hip-hop,R&B,Jazz and etc) because they love it,

Dae-ri on Music Core:

"Daesungie Mida"<----I miss this so much..his hair is getting longer again><

why Maknae is so cuteee and handsome..aigoo..so handsome^^

hoping to see them MCing again in the future..coz it's so fun

I agree with everybody..

Big Bang doesnt follow the trend, THEY MAKE TRENDS..

prove..?? their hit song "LIES"

tho I do have to admit that I kinda hate YG 's way of planning..

its always got messed up,like Bae's album..

rite till now we got no news about em'..=/

about promoting once a week..

I think that is the best rule YG set so far..

more than any other company..

I mean if u guys remember,back in 2007

our boys look so death.. T_T

one after another keep went to the hospital..

and I totally doesnt want that to happen again..

not to the boys or ma girls...

Archived