[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

Guest shinhdeplol

GD&TOP’s “Knock Out” banned on KBS, MBC, & SBS

20110104160809240.jpg

GD&TOP's third title track, "Knock Out", has been banned from all three public broadcasting networks.

KBS, MBC, and SBS stated that the reason for the ban was because the title and lyrics used slang, which they believed would damage the national psyche. The song itself has been popular on music charts, and news of the song's ban quickly became a controversy amongst fans and netizens alike. The majority are of the belief that the ban is "ridiculous and out of line."

One netizen commented, "TV dramas are allowed to show adultery, violence, swears, and even sexual abuse. I cannot understand why they would say that the expressions used in 'Knock Out' is a problem."

Representatives of YG Entertainment commented, "The song has already been released to the public, and we cannot edit the title or the song just because the public broadcast networks ban it. We won't be editing anything that damages the original meaning of the song."

G-Dragon had previously revealed that he drew inspiration for the song's Korean title, 'Bbeokigayo,' from the MBC drama, "My Name is Kim Sam Soon", since it was an expression used by the leading character.

GD&TOP has decided to jump over their triple track promotion by promoting an additional two songs, making it a total of five tracks they will be promoting this cycle.

source + Photos: Osen via Daum

taken from allkpop

thanks to bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

IT SUCKS <_< OMG this song is my 2nd favorite after HIGH HIGH <_< <_<

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sakime-yong

OMG whyyyyyyyyy?

T______T

The song is so addicting and superb!

Waah I want to cry.

What will happen now if they banned this song?x.x

Somebody please calm me or Im gonna attack that stupid newsXD

Heck......

Guest shinhdeplol

Please look closely at those 2 screencaps... the bunny in Jiyong's headphones disappears in one cap :lol: :lol:

gdtopfullhdpcavi0084.jpg

gdtopfullhdpcavi0156.jpg

C: BIU. @ DCinside

{TRANS} GD&TOP Interview With 10Asia - Part 1

GD&TOP | To make people happy or not, it all depends on the singer - 1

2ppkl4y.jpgvpkgfk.jpg

Expressing yourself through music is not a thing that anyone could do. And to learn and grow from the process of creating music is not an easy thing either. GD&TOP are the kind of musicians who can do both of it. They both are so focused throughout the interview and they speak about their thoughts and their music a lot.

10. You’re spending Christmas doing activities together, how do you feel?

TOP: We feel sorry for each other. (Smiled)

10. And on top of all you still have to do this interview, I’m sorry (Smiled). Your activity has started for a week now, how’s the response?

GD: We have to admit we’ve been resting for a while now (Smiled). We got great response but seem like because we’re not doing the activity as the whole Bigbang the feeling is kind of different from what we used to get. So we’re thinking about what we should do to get people’s attention. If it’s necessary we’re going to gain attention through reality programs and we have to make people to see our stage.

TOP: I still don’t know until know. This album is just got out yesterday and because it’s been selling pretty well I feel great. But to feel the real response I think I should wait and see a little longer.

10. After a long time you finally got back to the stage, how do you feel? And also it’s your first time performing as two.

GD: We got really nervous for the first stage, but after that the pressure has been lessening a lot and it’s a lot more fun now. We got tired from three or four consecutive filming before too, but in the end it’s always the nicest cuts that came out. Because it’s our first show so we came with preparation, but our planned part didn’t come out, but when we almost gave up and doing anything we want, that part came out really good in the end. So we’re maintaining that kind of condition and always make the mood goes up before we get out into the stage.

10. It’s exactly a ‘High High’ situation then. (Smiled)

TOP: Yes. We also have some chit chat with the dance team, we want people to feel comfortable with our dancers, and we want our team to feel free and comfortable too.

GD: Because we’re an idol we have arranged dance moves and there’s a lot of situation where we have matching clothes too. But Bigbang have tried to make a more natural stage because we want public to think that ‘although they’re an idol but they can show their own color too’. Because rather than showing the same choreo all the times showing a different side of us is more fun.

10. But Bigbang have showed some well-made choreo, right? But you two really nailed the playful atmosphere.

GD: Seems like Bigbang’s biggest strength point is the fact that we’re one team but we clearly have our own colors. I think that although we’re in one team but if we combine all of the members we can get a whole lot different synergy. We want to show you this combination. And when we’re on a show, rather than paying attention to the cameras we’re giving it all out to raise the mood on the stage because we want to interact with the viewers. I think to make people feel happy because they’ve come to the show or to make them feel bored and choose to leave the show, these things are up to the singer itself. So I want to make it as fun as possible so the viewers at home can jump along as well.

10. Seems like that happened on your first stage at MAMA. You have no preparation for that stage but you two have managed to put up a great show.

GD: We really don’t have any preparations at that time (laughs). There were no special equipments and there were no fireworks.

TOP: But we still the members of Bigbang that have lasted for five years and we have our experiences from that times so half joking half serious I said, “Ya, this time let’s just use our experiences” (laughs)

10. Were that experiences really works? (laughs)

GD: Because that show was held in Macao so we wanted to give a strong first impression to people who don’t know us. We have to move a lot in the stage, we have show that we’re different, we want to change that kind of manner. Although there were nothing and I stand alone in the stage I want to show my existence to the people out there. On a situation where we didn’t have any preparations at all I only said, “Let’s just kill them all,” (laughs). There is no way people couldn’t feel it. Even at that time our CEO also sent a lot of pressuring messages…

10. Pressure? (laughs)

GD: “I will scold all of you if you can’t do well on the stage” that was he said. So we got no other choice but to do it right. (laughs)

10. The CEO really puts you in a corner (laughs). But although he pushed you, don’t you always have that thoughts everytime you performed?

GD: I think it’s because of the sense of ownership. Just like in music shows, in one show with about one hour duration there were about 30 teams that will come out, and each team only have around 3 minutes of airtime. So when you get out to the stage you should think that the stage is yours. Because when it ends the owner of the stage will also changed. The owner can do anything he wants in his own house, can’t they? So no matter how much people out there is, because I’m the stage owner right now I can do everything comfortably, and seems like people is getting immersed into the owner’s pov too. I think that’s why I can do a performance with a lot of confidence.

10. Seems like that sense of ownership is showing off in your album too. It looks like the first six songs in this album have their own stories. You introduced yourself with ‘Intro’, then you performed ‘High High’ and ‘Oh Yeah’ excitingly on the stage, but then you said ‘Don’t Go Home’ to the females after you got down from the stage. (laughs)

GD: We all are like that. The album’s flow is important for YG, especially Bigbang. Because an album is one unit of art there should be a natural flow in it. So we start off with exciting songs, then when it starts to get low we bring up the mood once again with ‘Knock Out’ and after that we’re showing our own solo songs’ color. We pay attention with this kind of parts a lot everytime.

TOP: For our solo songs case, those have been recorded since a long time ago. We decided to put those songs inside this album later, after we received this album project. For my solo songs case, It’s one of the songs I have been doing since I were filming <IRIS> and <Into The Gunfire>.

10. You have to create consistent mood flow from those solo songs and the ones you two made together. How did you decide which way this album will go?

TOP: It’s instinctual. What should we do this time, isn’t it supposed to be like this, while discussing we stay up all night writing lyrics and record it also. Before GD did his part while I did mine then we put it up together to be edited but this time we give each other advice about what’s better and we also got some help from the other musicians too. If you look at it, isn’t this an instinctual product of YG? (laughs)

GD: Actually it happened because of our own mix up. Before we make this album we’ve been doing on Bigbang’s album, since it’s a comeback after a long hiatus we want to try everything. Me and TOP tried our own combination, Taeyang Daesung and Seungri also have theirs, me and Daesung have it too. Seungri and Taeyang also have theirs.

10. The other combinations sounds interesting too.

GD: But the rest of the members were so busy. (smiled) They’ve been doing solo activities or reality show. But two of us got more spare time so the songs we composed together were slightly more than the others. (laughs) But at this moment, since there are many songs that left undone, our CEO suggested that we should try various things for Bigbang musically, and instead of showing combinations like that we should release an album that showing the whole five members’ harmony. Seungri’s solo song that will be released was initially made to be putted in to Bigbang’s album but then it released for his solo, and so our songs were made into this album too.

10. So if it’s a ‘coincidental’ result, how do you make those music then? Looking at the melodies and sounds just like ‘Baby Good Night’ I think both of you have different interpretation.

GD: I made that song when I was in Kush’s house, now he changed his name into E.knock. I was there thoughtlessly and suddenly he said “do you want to try making this kind of song?” and he let me hear one of his arranging. Right after I hear it I make the song right there on the spot (laughs). I hummed the melody while hearing the sound but only up to the “baby good night” part, from that part TOP make his own part and I continue with the song, and that’s why we have this kind of song in our album.

TOP: That song was the first song that get done in this album. GD was also doing Bigbang’s album at that time, after I finished with <Into The Gunfire> filming we start to compose things together and we started with that song. And because the result is satisfying we start to work together more after that. And we also have ‘Don’t Go Home’ done after that. That’s why we think isn’t ‘Baby Good Night’ is a perfect song to start this album with.

GD: We decided the song’s theme first. If we have a lover what kind of song that we will sing for her. We wrote the lyrics and composing the song while imagining we’re looking at our sleeping lovers and caressing their heads. And we also wanted to make a song that is really sexy. We wanted people to use our song when they want to build up the mood with their lover. (laughs)

10. Then is that also the reason for putting in French narration into ‘Baby Good Night’?

GD: We also have many narrations in Bigbang’s album. Fans might like it if I do the narration but I think it’ll be boring. (laughs) And also I want to give a more movie-ish feeling through this male and female dialogue. We also wanted to use a language that fits nicely with the sound.

10. You mean the pronunciation that fits with the sound? Seems like rather than clear pronunciation GD prefers something that mixed well with the sound’s ‘personality’?

GD: I’ve been receiving many critics towards things like pronunciation whatsoever but apart from that, rather than fixing it I think of several ways. I do think that there’s a point that people will be anxious about, but there are times where you can’t translate that ‘special’ feel from foreign language into Korean because it’ll feel weird. It’s different from dubbing a film. I wanted to have something that is different from hangeul’s intonation. For example like rolling the pronunciation of ‘binggeul binggeul’ longer in ‘Knock Out’. We think of our voices as the main instrument. So that’s why I pay attention much on giving big effect in every word.

10. So that’s why I felt like GD’s voice showing its own effects in this album.

GD: Yes I’m the type that using this kind of things a lot. It gives you a feel like it’s an instrument, and it took a lot of effort to produce the instrumental-like sounds through the mouth.

10. And from all the songs you’ve been released until now, seems like TOP’s pronunciation in this album is the most clearer. It’s really different from GD.

TOP: I didn’t do it on purpose, I just saying it according to the feel, but I changed the vocalization. Because people listen to Bigbang’s songs a lot, so I did that to make every word sounded clear and heard as if we really talking in their ears.

Source: nate.com | 슨냠@bbvipz

Translated by: Winalicious@BBVIP.net

Guest shinhdeplol

MCD's tweet

2011.01.06 Mcountdown Line Up - * The 2011 1st Gift with GD & TOP ! Album Title & Title & Fan Request No.1 Track (Only Mcountdown) / 2011 Happy New Year message From GD & TOP To MCD Fan "I'm so sorry But I Love You " / * Sexy and Cute Music Parade ! The Performancer T-ara / * Comeback Special ! Shy Girls SECRET 's Musical Theater / * Hot Debut ! 2011 Produce By E-tribe ! New Girl Gruop Dal★shabet / * 2011 version g.o.d ! Monday Kiz 's I Love you and Remember me / * New song release F.cuz, Untouchable, Sunnyside / * Cho Mun Geun, Soul Harmony, JJ .../ * Next Week Preview Comeback ! MBLAQ / * 2011 Music fortune! Lee Seung Ki & TOP of Bigbang & So yeon of T-ara / * 2PM, Girl's Generation, Beast, TVXQ..Comeback Teaser assay ! / * MCD Awards ! GD&CL? Kim Hyun Joong&Nichkhun? wannebe UNIT Battle / * MCD Wars ! Kpop Hot Boy Gruop ! Beast VS MBLAQ / Mcountdown 2011.01.06 thr PM 6:00 Live

Guest beiusung

i don't want to comment about the News but i can't be calm

WTF?! are you kidding me, i K-drama they allow sex, drugs and many orther stuff but Just a song, hello they think all young generation in korea will be damaged just because of K.O. mini cooper!! How on earth have a ridiculous reason?!, even netizen, citizen, they said it's ok, these broadcasting companies still banned? 

excuse me ! KPOP is too small and not as the same level as bigbang's music , this is 21st century and they still can't open mind with the trend, is that true if i say that in korea people just love to listen to " oh oh oh oppa saranghea" or "hoot hoot" or boopee boopee ah ah...."

ridiculous! Oh man i start againist Korea because of this!

dear GTOP V.I.Pz love you you don't have to care about these my happy poopoo !

Guest shinhdeplol

Some info on the butt chair that GTOP use in Knock Out MV :lol:

C: GKGD @ DCinside

If those photos are inappropriate, tell me to take them down ^^

Fabio Novembre designed Him&Her Chair are released on Casamania. The one GD sat on is the Him Chair and the one TOP sat on is the Her Chair. The chair is available on red, green, blue.

Found here for £228.00 = $355.878 USD

ogdtopknockoutmvflv0001.jpg

o6a00e5508e95a988330133.jpg

Source (GDs Necklace) - Blandine Bardeau

C: DCGD // x3Batman @ BBVIP.net

c9f46988f077665db21bba2.jpg

C: DCBB // bigbangfamily // 崔三件 @ baidu

I'm always in awe of big bang's interviews. They respond with such eloquence, maturity and thought. Their answers show a genuine love for music as well.

As opposed to variety shows, Big bang's interviews about music like this is the best platform for them to show themselves to the public as well. It was so insightful and you can really make out what kind of people they are from it.

Guest shinhdeplol

GTOP ON NIGHT AFTER NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viewimageb.jpg

C: 으앙ㅠㅠ

UNSEEN PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

92018309.jpg

67299557.jpg

xxxb.jpg

201012gt.jpg

201012gtds.jpg

C: 빅뱅LOVE♡

OMG Im so lucky tonight to find those good things :P

Guest beiusung

shinhdeplol: i'm so excited yayyayayayyayayayayayayaya

omg see DaeGTOP in a show , epic epic, can't wait to see it

we need subbing team now

Guest beiusung

today sale

01.04    화       **936      50,101          1위  

source:dctop

UPDATE NAN

Just reading around on Bestiz and DC Daesung gallery .Apparently they talked about GD's plagiarism accusations as well. GD responded well and Kim Jae Dong also made a good closing comment, but who knows how SBS will edit it. They'll probably put out lots of articles with exaggerated titles using that topic to draw in viewers as well. Korean reporters are pretty predictable.TOP seems to have been the main focus of the talks for the last few hours though (acting, love life, Lee Byung Hun-Kwon Sang Woo). They also told a story about how Seungri doesn't play the role of the maknae and instead Hyunseung(from Beast) and Daesus ng were the ones that cook the meat at restaurants (which is usually a maknae's job in Korean culture). There was also another story about how Big Bang used to get lots of comments about how they were ugly in their debut days, but Seungri said "It's alright TOP hyung, it doesn't apply to us two because we're in charge of the visuals". It's only now gotten to GD's turn and they talked about fashion, composing, love life e.t.c. Now they're talking about Big Bang. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:  Maknae always play the main role in his Hyung's story :lol:

Bonus some Picture from NAN

2wqrfrp.jpg

2zj9xjp-1.jpg

2vb8vhf.jpg

GD , you are so aldorablethank   "Flibbertigibbet@6theory@6theory

Guest beiusung

unconfirm:

GTOP will be on Guriila date

re: someone on DCTOP

82176380.jpg

look at Daesung 's face it must be so much fun , can't wait

Guest xxxKrissKrossxxx

Ok, I think I'm done. Knock Out mv really knocked out people in the sense where after you're done watching it it's like you've been unconscious and have no idea what the hell happened. :D

Exactly! Great summary and analysis. That is how I felt watching it. I wasn't sure of it at first but after watching it several times it grew on me. I love the fact that you paused to see what book he was reading. I now wanna check it out! :D XD Also love the last bit there where you mentioned why it was called "Knock Out" and that's exactly it. That and right after you can't get enough of it! So fittng! :D XD <3

Please look closely at those 2 screencaps... the bunny in Jiyong's headphones disappears in one cap :lol: :lol:

C: BIU. @ DCinside

Wow...I never noticed that before. Great eyes you have there to notice that. ^^ Definitely a continuity issue. Though I think GD just has them backwards in the first picture and then he put them on the correct ears in the second. Or so that's my interpretation. XD

shinhdeplol: i'm so excited yayyayayayyayayayayayayaya

omg see DaeGTOP in a show , epic epic, can't wait to see it

we need subbing team now

Agreed! I can't wait to see GTO-Dae! <3 I love the three of them. SO awesome, handsome, lovable, goofs! Oh...and of course did I mention talented?!?! TALENTED, lovable, goof. ^^ <3 Just makes my heart flutter thinking of the three of them. :D

Guest oh`retro

Oh good lord, banned? Seriously!

When I read the English translation of the lyrics, I didn't even see anything inappropriate.

But, maybe because I don't understand the actual Korean slang, but still.

MY QUESTION IS...they've already performed this song on music shows.

What's the point in banning them now?

Why didn't they just not allow the performances from the start?

Ugh, this makes no sense.

No wonder GD went all out at his Shine A Light concert, can't do anything on music shows these days.

Guest xxxKrissKrossxxx

^ No kidding, the music shows are so easily "offended" these days. -_- As you've said they already aired and performed the song quite a few times now. What's done is done and it wasn't a problem then. Why is it a problem now? The music shows and stations are hypocritical. As GD said the term came from one of their dramas and it was okay for the dramas and it hasn't "corrupted" anyone. I mean maybe its because I'm an English speaker but as you said the lyrics aren't offense or say/ mention anything seen as "bad" or "offensive" or could potential cause harm to listeners. I don't see the point. Perhaps something is getting lost in translation that "뻑이가요" means more than just "absolutely obsessed", "awesomeness", "in love", "knocked out" and that the slang is more nerdy than street. I guess in the end we and GTOP won since the song has been promoted and played on the shows at some point already and they're topping the charts with the track. :-P

Nooooooooooooooooooo  :angry:  The song is not even that bad to the point where it needs to be banned! Damaging national psyche my richard simmons. If anything the song will teach confidence and self esteem. I'm so mad. So what is YG going to do promote another two songs? will they have time to prepare those stages , choreo, etc ? Or will it be thrown together and come out looking a mess. Sigh.

Seeing GTOP is going to be on NAN cheers me up though. GD looks so cute and TOP hot as always. Seungri lol yes maknae yes your in charge of the visuals  :lol: Can't wait to see the ep hope its subbed quick.

Guest falling5tar

All is not lost everyone! The only music show they haven't been banned on is Mnet which also happens to be the only station that they've performed "Knock Out" on so far. Also, the song is in LG's CF so people will still hear a little bit of it.

What I really, really want them to do is perfrom on radio stations, that way we can hear them sing other songs off of their album like their solos.

Can't wait for NAN! Glad to see they're going on more shows though :D Maknae, take note!

Archived