takeshi kaneshiro

Guest priya_rach

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I'm also very excited about Perhaps Love :) Nice to see Jackie acting again (how long ago was July Rhapsody?)

July Rhapsody was in 2002, if memory serves. It was Anita Mui's last movie. :(

Jacky is well known for his singing, but underrated as an actor. He's actually very good in the handful of movies he's appeared in. I still like him best in the wacky Eagle Shooting Heroes (his scenes with Tony were absolutely hilarious :lol:) but Jacky can also pull in serious and subtle performances like Yuddy's friend in DOBW and July Rhapsody.

Oh I love love love love love Lost & Found and Anna Magdalena. Those 2 and Chungking Express are my favorite Takeshi movies. The XO story in AM was so bittersweet. Yes I agree Kelly isn't the greatest actress but I think she has a screen presence, I feel more comfortable watching her act than say Sammi Cheng or Miriam Yeung or the Twins. :wacko: Another Takeshi movie I saw but didn't like was "The Odd One Dies" with Carmen Lee, it was too weird for me.

Those 3 are my favorite Takeshi movies too! Especially Chungking Express, I can never get tired of watching this movie. Fallen Angels was pretty good, but it's a distant 4th for me. Takeshi did his share of cheesy and slapdash HK movies, but it comes with the territory of being an actor in HK. :P Luckily these days, Takeshi has earned the clout to be able to pick and choose the scripts of movies he wants to do. Daniel Wu seems to be taking over all the roles that Takeshi used to take. ;)

Did Takeshi ever act with Sammi or Miriam? I can't imagine him pairing up with the twins...oh my lord. But surprisingly, Gillian put in a better performance than I expected from her in Beyond our Ken.

OMG TAKESHI KANESHIRO!! He's so hotttt. He looks kinda old in the first pic though, haven't seen himi in a long time. He was such a cutie in "Chungking Express", but that movie's kinda old! lol.

Chungking Express isn't old, it's timeless! B)

He is ok looking and is he Japanese?

He's half taiwanese, half japanese.

Hey minami, nice to see you in the neighborhood :) I do not know what happen to Elite, she seem to come and go and then suddenly pop up again. I miss her.

I must agree with Eliza Bennet, out of TK's co-stars, his best chemistry(about the only one I see) is Mirai Yamamoto from "Sleepless Town". Probably because the emotions and expressions that TK put in so well in that movie. I believe it was HK/TW joint production movie with Japan. One of my favorite TK movie

I kinda miss her too, but I guess Elite must have moved on or is busy with real life. I was hoping she'd start the Yu Ji Tae thread...Elite always provided so much goodies and information on all things related to her beloved Yu Ji Tae. lol

Now after hearing the same thing from you and Eliza, I've got to pick up Sleepless Town and see his chemistry with this leading lady. :)

Guest eliza bennet

The XO story is the only thing I like in Anna Magdalena. The only Kelly Chen film I truly like is Lost and Found though - I cried a lot during that film, especially at the last scenes. Takeshi was so good in it.

Chunking Express is my fave film of all times. I also like Fallen Angels (but I'm a fan of WKW so I basically like anything he did)

Jacky is also very good in Bullet in the Head (with Tony Leung)

I love Eagle Shooting Heroes! Everyone was really funny in this film and yes I LOVE Tony and Jacky scenes in it -especially the one in which Tony gives flirting tips to Jacky :)

The pic I tried to post Takeshi is one in which water falls to his face. It is a very beautiful shot I wish I could manage to post it but this internet ignoramus could not succeed :(

Guest dadedum

Jacky is well known for his singing, but underrated as an actor. He's actually very good in the handful of movies he's appeared in. I still like him best in the wacky Eagle Shooting Heroes (his scenes with Tony were absolutely hilarious.

Did Takeshi ever act with Sammi or Miriam? I can't imagine him pairing up with the twins...oh my lord.

I love Eagle Shooting Heroes! Everyone was really funny in this film and yes I LOVE Tony and Jacky scenes in it -especially the one in which Tony gives flirting tips to Jacky :)

The pic I tried to post Takeshi is one in which water falls to his face. It is a very beautiful shot I wish I could manage to post it but this internet ignoramus could not succeed :(

Nah I don't think Takeshi was ever in a movie with Sammi or Miriam, I just meant I prefer Kelly over those 2 so-called 'actresses' :wacko:. Tony Leung Gar Fai was also hilarious in Eagle Shooting, I thought I was gonna die from laughing when his head came off and in that song&dance number with Leslie :lol:.

eagle_shooting_heroes2.jpgxin_5606022210070751883513.jpg

This movie is just screwball comedy at its finest.

Eliza were you trying to load this pic:

tk8.jpg

Guest ilovetakeshi

He's mine, that's for sure :)

isea22_63.jpg

1.jpg

3t.jpg

1437.jpg

cover01.jpg

fd8.jpg

flyingdaggerslrg2.jpg

Hot.jpg

pic_10.jpg

Profile.jpg

An intelligent and great quote he once gave was after Maggie Q claimed he was her "ideal man".

Having heard this, a reporter questioned him on his opinion of her.

His quote was "She's not my type" and left it at that.

A man with brains and high quality taste.

Charming.

More of the most beautiful man:

TakeshiKaneshiro.jpg

tk09.jpg

Guest bubbles20

i think we should make this an officail takeshi kaneshiro thread............

wat do u guys think?

should have put OFFICIAL as the title :)

Guest bubbles20

An intelligent and great quote he once gave was after Maggie Q claimed he was her "ideal man".

Charming.

More of the most beautiful man:

TakeshiKaneshiro.jpg

tk09.jpg

:blink::blink::blink:

he doesnt like maggie q?! :o

hes COOL!!!!!!! :lol:

The XO story is the only thing I like in Anna Magdalena. The only Kelly Chen film I truly like is Lost and Found though - I cried a lot during that film, especially at the last scenes. Takeshi was so good in it.

Yeah, the last scenes got to me too. Takeshi mingling silently and intimately amongst his family and friends without them realising his presence was haunting yet beautiful. I would like to believe that our loved ones who've passed on are never really far from us.

Jacky is also very good in Bullet in the Head (with Tony Leung)

Tony and Jacky share a good rapport and they're close friends in real life too. :)

Nah I don't think Takeshi was ever in a movie with Sammi or Miriam, I just meant I prefer Kelly over those 2 so-called 'actresses' :wacko:. Tony Leung Gar Fai was also hilarious in Eagle Shooting, I thought I was gonna die from laughing when his head came off and in that song&dance number with Leslie :lol:.

eagle_shooting_heroes2.jpgxin_5606022210070751883513.jpg

This movie is just screwball comedy at its finest.

Heh, those zany caps make me want to watch the movie all over again. :lol: Yeah, big Tony was also very over the top funny in it....remember how he cajoled Leslie into saying that he loved him :P ........I couldn't believe my eyes when they started kicking Tony's head around like a football...lol....and Maggie Cheung spoke so weird, she had to end all her sentences with a pause...and an abrupt 'ge lep'. I watch Eagle Shooting Heroes at least once a year, lol....usually during lunar new year with the extended family and we can all laugh our heads off together. :D Definitely the best chinese screwball comedy ever.

He's mine, that's for sure :)

Profile.jpg

Charming.

Gorgeous pics of the man, ilovetakeshi. :) So Takeshi isn't into model types.... Is he dating anyone at the moment? I heard some gay rumours about him....but then people say that about all good-looking men who aren't dating. One thing I like about Takeshi is that he keeps his private life private and not much is known about him. Keeps people guessing.

Some more pics of the mysterious Takeshi:

TK3.jpg

TK2.jpg

TK1.jpg

magazine_200407.jpg

**even when he's not smiling, he looks darn hot

takeshilight.jpg

Archived