takeshi kaneshiro

Guest priya_rach

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacky is well known for his singing, but underrated as an actor. He's actually very good in the handful of movies he's appeared in. I still like him best in the wacky Eagle Shooting Heroes (his scenes with Tony were absolutely hilarious :lol:) but Jacky can also pull in serious and subtle performances like Yuddy's friend in DOBW and July Rhapsody.

Those 3 are my favorite Takeshi movies too! Especially Chungking Express, I can never get tired of watching this movie. Fallen Angels was pretty good, but it's a distant 4th for me. Takeshi did his share of cheesy and slapdash HK movies, but it comes with the territory of being an actor in HK. :P Luckily these days, Takeshi has earned the clout to be able to pick and choose the scripts of movies he wants to do. Daniel Wu seems to be taking over all the roles that Takeshi used to take. ;)

I kinda miss her too, but I guess Elite must have moved on or is busy with real life. I was hoping she'd start the Yu Ji Tae thread...Elite always provided so much goodies and information on all things related to her beloved Yu Ji Tae. lol

Now after hearing the same thing from you and Eliza, I've got to pick up Sleepless Town and see his chemistry with this leading lady. :)

Speaking of Jacky Cheung, I also think he is an underrated actor. He can play a villian real good :)

Minami, that's so funny but true what you've said about Daniel Wu taking on roles that Takeshi would take when he was an amateur young actor :lol: But that is the price to pay when you are being control and want to be a star, you gotta start somewhere.

I left Elite an email, hopefully she'll start a thread on YJT or someone could that knows him well. I really like this actor but I do not know him as much as Elite does.

I'm looking forward to see Takeshi's new movie "Perhaps Love". This musical movie is something to look forward.

Some more pics of the mysterious Takeshi:

TK1.jpg

:wub: Oh yeah!

Guest ilovetakeshi

Gorgeous pics of the man, ilovetakeshi. :) So Takeshi isn't into model types.... Is he dating anyone at the moment? I heard some gay rumours about him....but then people say that about all good-looking men who aren't dating. One thing I like about Takeshi is that he keeps his private life private and not much is known about him. Keeps people guessing.

Umm...guess not? Or maybe it's just Maggie Q he doesn't like? Not sure :huh: Sorry, can't help you there.

Yes, he was rumoured to be gay because he was hanging out with some man (the two of them) :rolleyes:

Kind of lame if you ask me, after all, since when couldn't males be friends and hang out together? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, he did once like some Chinese girl i forgot the name of(either a not so famous actress in the earlier days or an ordinary girl) but she liked someone else and married so he only sees her as a friend now (stupid girl, but good for me :P )

There was also some Japanese actress, who was in a film with him, that liked him but he didn't feel the same way. She confessed it publicly too.

I really need to find their names, i keep forgetting...another day when i have time to search for the articles again :mellow:

BTW he said Ayumi Hamasaki is a cutie in an interview! :)

Guest tomodachi-

i love watching his movies ~ XD

been watching his movies since god knows when ~

i like how he can be in both chinese and japanese movies .

Guest summers83

he's cute... where is he from.. looks familiar... =/

He's a Taiwanese but he's half Japanese half Chinese. Dad's Japanese and Mum's Taiwanese. He used to be called as Aniki Jin instead. But now we know him as Takeshi Kaneshiro. He speaks Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese and English well. He dubbed Chinese, Cantonese and Japanese before for Mulan as General Song. He also did the Japanese dubbing for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in Japan.

Yes, he was rumoured to be gay because he was hanging out with some man (the two of them) :rolleyes:

Kind of lame if you ask me, after all, since when couldn't males be friends and hang out together? :rolleyes:

Poor Takeshi. Either way, he can't win. If he gets too friendly with a girl, the media will say they are dating. If he's too friendly with guys, then they jump to the conclusion that he's gay. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, he did once like some Chinese girl i forgot the name of(either a not so famous actress in the earlier days or an ordinary girl) but she liked someone else and married so he only sees her as a friend now (stupid girl, but good for me :P )

There was also some Japanese actress, who was in a film with him, that liked him but he didn't feel the same way. She confessed it publicly too.

I really need to find their names, i keep forgetting...another day when i have time to search for the articles again :mellow:

BTW he said Ayumi Hamasaki is a cutie in an interview! :)

But Ayumi's got a bf already... :lol:

Eh, the story of Takeshi and his ex-chinese girlfriend sounds a lot like Wang Lee Hom's story. :P I guess the more famous Takeshi gets, the harder it is for him to meet decent girls because of the nosy media prying into his personal life. Non-showbiz people might be too intimidated to approach him.

The Japanese actress who worked with him...are you refering to Anne Suzuki? ;)

Pictures of cutie Takeshi and Brigitte Lin Chungking Express :)

filmchungking2.jpg

filmchungking1.jpg

filmchungking4.jpg

filmchungking3.jpg

Minami, that's so funny but true what you've said about Daniel Wu taking on roles that Takeshi would take when he was an amateur young actor :lol: But that is the price to pay when you are being control and want to be a star, you gotta start somewhere.

I left Elite an email, hopefully she'll start a thread on YJT or someone could that knows him well. I really like this actor but I do not know him as much as Elite does.

It's thoughtful of u to try and reach Elite... :) I hope she's fine.

Hehe....Daniel Wu is a cutie pie so I don't mind seeing more of him, even though he started off being a very wooden actor with crappy chinese. :P I figure the boy will improve, and he has, even though he still speaks with an obvious accent. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to see Takeshi's new movie "Perhaps Love". This musical movie is something to look forward.

:wub: Oh yeah!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Perhaps Love too. Did you see the trailor Epic? It's looking very promising...a lot of song and dance.. I believe Takeshi will sing in it also. :wub:

I read at newspaper...that he's gonna play in a new film with Zhan Ziyi next year...is it true?!?!?! i think they look match 2gether

I read about this too. I believe it's another mainland chinese movie. Drats, why does it have to be Zhang Zi Yi again? T__T

Guest LANNERZZZ

i was watching house of flying daggers and throughout the moie..all i could think of how hot he was..until he showed his teeth. i dont know..dont really like them...but hes still a super studd!!!

Archived