my computer shocks me.. :[

Guest suahSEEyu

Guest suahSEEyu
the buzzing kind.
i just moved and finished hooking up my computer,, but when i touch the monitor screeen, the extra plug thing and the sides of the tower(?) it has like...this buzzzzzzz feeling .. ?? isnt that some kind of shock??

i dont know how to fix this?!!!

is it cus i have too many cords plugged in??
or cus the plugs messsed up??
because this never happened at my old house...

eek someone help me.. :[ im scared to touch my computer. T-T

Guest CIRee

yeah something is throwing out electricity, first unplug it from the outlet, and if you want to unplug other stuff from the comp wear some rubber gloves. Then double check all the things that are connected to the powersupply. The powersupply still has power even though you unplug it so becareful.

Oh neat! someone else with my problem.

My problem is my house has no grounding.

If thats your problem, then make sure everything related to the computer is connected to ONE power strip. Monitor, computer, speakers, printer... I had mine wired differently and blew my motherboard.

The shock won't kill you, but I am pretty sure that means the stuff is looking for a place to ground itself...

refer to this picture....

shock.jpg

Archived