[TAIWAN DRAMA 2011] 拜金女王 / MATERIAL QUEEN / BAI JIN NU WANG

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest strawberrynkiwi

I might actually watch this, since I want to see Lynn Xiong's acting in Mandarin. I always see her in Hong Kong entertainment, where she is either speaking broken Cantonese or dubbed Cantonese. I need to know what's the rave about her and how she got her hands on Aaron Kwok :P

Vaness, I don't mind watching.

Plus Daniel Chan is in this... I loved him since I was a kid. I didn't know he can speak Mandarin... and I think he looks so much like Xiao Zhu or should I say it's the other way around :rolleyes:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest toGETherONE

^ My sentiments exactly. Something about Daniel Chan. And I today still find his "light a match" track haunting my thoughts in both languages (Cantonese and Mandarin).

Material Queen

Episodes RAW {MU} direct download

MQ Ep.01 | go here

Credits to Sugoideas.com

Guest heartdrops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciT6cUixYW8

Vanness ft. Ryan Tedder - Is This All

I believe it's the themesong to the drama. It's so good!

Watched the first episode just now. Lynn seems ok so far, but she's just too tall LOL.

V and Lynn doesn't seem that close in the BTS.. maybe it's the beginning of filming... or maybe he's still thinking about Ady An (LOL *biased*)

Little Chu Man is so cute! I wanna pinch her cute chubby cheeks!

You can tell they probably spent quite a bit for this drama. Hope to see more of the pretty scenary and outfits soon.

I love Vanness, so I'm excited for the drama. However, this girl is too tall; I thought Vanness was tall already, but he looks so short next to this girl lol. They could at least find a girl that is shorter than he is. I'm still going to watch it though lol.

Anyone knows who's subbing this drama?

So I just finished watching the 1st ep of this drama and all I have to say is LOL! She thought she was so smart trying to capture that Norman guy and he isn't even the guy! I was dying! Looking forward to the next ep, it looks like she finds out he's not who she thinks he is. I think they will end up together in the end and she will give up her gold digging ways...

Sublimes Fansubs subs this drama. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.sublimesfansubs.com/

And here is a link to a torrent website where you can download the torrent of the subbed video (just download the torrent by clicking on the green arrow):

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=material&type=&sub=View+all&sort=

Guest bananaleaf

Ep 1 was alright..but I loveeeee ep2, it's hilarious! It's refreshing to see Vanness in a different role other than the snotty rich guy, plus he's so funny lol esp in that airport scene.

It's just goddamnawful, it really is. I mean I watched this because Van Ness was wonderful in AC and I thought he wouldn't choose a drama with bad writting and downgrade himself.

But after episode 1(which was so promising, they went to Paris there was some french, I was sure he was Norman, then he wasn't)

and then episode 2 happened and all I could see in my head is the footage from Japan earthquake-everything sliding away into horror.

The naivete and stupidity of her on a vespa chasing the kidnappers, her measurements are the codes for bank(she's a model her measurements are public on the net), talking non french for french reporters....ah and let's not forget the trendy gang(not funny at all).

1.Where is the mystery and an initial twist to keep watching it after ep2?Nowhere.

2.Who's responsible for this save the market nonsense?Behead him/her.

3.She's a model?Models are tall.Dramas are swarming with short kawai woman and so are the streets.fFnally someone who looks like a model acts a s one:)she's doing great.

4.van ness, someone do something with his hair. the reason he looks like a garden midget beside her isn't his height it's his stupid hair and the way he's holding himself(like she's a bodyguard protecting him).

I'v e been waiting for a drama where we have tall and capable girls, I'm tired of chibi whiny cryers so I'll keep watching and hope there are some BIG script changes and less scenes that are supposed to be funny when they aren't and no one is laughing.

I hope the lameness of the 'rescue' scene will never repeat in this drama, that scene is so wrongly done, unrealistic and pathetic.

To finish, I'll keep watching this, ep1 was more then okay, ep2 a disaster becasue of my love for Van Ness and the too tall girl(love her)and they're okay together. But the scriptwriters..bad lines, the trendy gang:((((it's badly done and written so far.

Okay, I finally got the chance to see episode 1 thanks to sublimes :) Episode 1 is okay. I just don't understand how in the beginning the male model speaks to her in French and she says that she doesn't understand what he's talking about, and then in the scene where she meet Vanness and the other bartender called her a prostitute and she understands that :lol: funny. I was hoping that Vanness was that William Norman dude, but he wasn't. How awesome would it be for him to be rich but pretending to be poor, kinda like Yoochun in Miss Ripley. This drama kinda reminds me of that drama, but less dramatic and serious.

And I'm not seeing much chemistry between Vanness and Lynn. I think it's the heights difference. She's so tall. She's taller than Vanness in that kissing scene, and that was awkward. He was taller than her when she went barefooted, but once he took off his shoes she was taller than him :lol: I'm wondering if Vanness is wearing insoles in his shoes :lol:

So far, episode 1 is decent, but then I saw the teaser for episode 2, I was like another kidnapping scene, like seriously. I hate those scenes; they make no sense. Like in Fated to Love You, Calling for Love, Endless Love, and even Autumn Concerto (one of my favorite Taiwanese drama, but hate the kidnapping scene). Kidnapping scene should be only for dramatic, serious dramas, for rom-com dramas it's not necessary. It just makes the drama seems lame. Hopefully, it's not going to be as bad as Endless Love :lol: I had to fast forward that part, but reading ventilator comment, I'm a little scare to watch episode 2 now :lol:

Guest severus

Still don't know if I like this show, Lynn Xiong is so gorgeous, but I don't think she's right for acting.

Episode 2 had a lot of cheap humor, but was funny nonetheless... 朝南四大才子...犀利哥... LEO哥...

"从 LEO 这个洋名就说明了他的背景 ... 传说他云游四海, 处处留情 ” ROFL.

I didn't really care for the first two episodes of Material Queen. I was expecting the writer/pd combo who brought us Autumn's Concerto to create a drama with a little more substance and depth. :/ I don't mind romantic comedies, I just didn't expect this drama to be one. I didn't get those heartwarming, fuzzy feelings from this drama that I was anticipating. I can't help but be a little disappointed with that.

Guest tru32urluv

I tried to watch this drama since Vanness is in it and Autumn Concerto was amazing, but I just can't get into it. The first episode totally threw me off so I gave up. BUT! I shall keep a look out for this drama if Vanness have some good scenes in it haha. I'll just watch random cuts of Vanness instead of the whole drama.

Archived