Cast for the New Huan Zhu Ge Ge (Princess Pearl) Remake

Guest Memories

Guest therainhouse

1. HK actors have accents. Dubbing takes up a lot of time and money. Voice actors also have to get paid.

2. TVB actors, ATV actors who did you have in mind? Raymond? Bosco? Kenneth Ma? These guys are 30 or reaching 30. They're busy and they expect to be paid well.

3.Qiong Yao prefers casting unknowns. Her dramas are career makers for these fresh faces.

Qiong Yao is the best person to remake this drama. If there has to be a remake, I would rather Qiong Yao do it than anyone else.

She's the one who understands the story most and this story is important to her. Xiao Yan Zi is important to her. She's not remaking Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3, she's remaking the first and second season and adding scenes and characters. 

You've seen stills, set photographs, have you read set reports? Fans in China visit the set as often as they can, and I'm pleased to say that they're pretty satisfied. You're judging from photographs but you haven't seen them in action. The chemistry is so strong. 

I remember when Robert Pattinson auditioned, he did a make out scene with Kristen, and Catherine Hardwicke said, 'This is gonna be good.' She wasn't so sure about him when she looked at him too. He didn't look like Edward but he felt the same way about Edward as said character felt about himself. 

One thing's for sure, I believe I'll have the opportunity of saying, 'I told you so' around this time next year. My bet is that this remake will be fairly solid and it most certainly won't be a failure. Care to take the bet, anyone? Told you I'm a Huan Zhu Ge Ge snob. Proud of it. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Memories

^I didn't think that *haejoong* deserved that verbal beating of yours. An opinion is just an opinion, you can disagree but to make offenses out of it is just unnecessary. You might be sick of hearing the same thing over and over again but that's no reason to lash out on someone just because they contributed to the many opinions that you're sick of hearing of. Yes, a lot of people made quick judgments but it's not their fault when they have reasons to. First, most remakes never even pars with the original, that's a given. Second, die hard fans usually don't like images of the characters that they love be distorted by watching remakes. The third installment was a PAIN plot and actors, some people don't want to go through that again. I just wanna wipe all the memory of it out of my head so that the characters that I loved so much didn't have to endure all that. It's a NO WONDER people don't want to give this another chance. I am sure you understand these sentiments but my point being is it's completely understandable why anyone would think this is a failure, I mean you mentioned Qiong Yao being good with castings or something along that line earlier on but didn't she also casted Huan zhu ge ge three? Then you mention she was experiencing a tough time in her life etc yes, well not all of us knew that. All we saw was that she made a bad script and had bad taste in casting. What's the reason for us to think that she won't do that again especially with how disappointing the actors LOOK to be.

That said, in regards to this remake, I am willing to give it a chance. Although I don't expect to like it but I am curious to see how they would portray it. I am predicting that if it is like what you mention, that it will turn out good, it will be like Dreams Link. For me anyhow, because dreams link isn't a bad remake but the actors are only passable yet not very memorable.

More pics:

H%20(20).jpg

H.jpg

H%20(1).jpg

TYT.jpg

TuVi.jpg

NhiKhang.jpg

NhiKiem.jpg

DanHuong.jpg

H%20(23).jpg

^This one reminds me of the original. Very pretty costumes btw.

Guest dianalikesbutts

no offense but the girl replacing vicky is ugly... and i can't watch dramas with ugly people.

the king's mom looks cooler though

Guest therainhouse

^I didn't think that *haejoong* deserved that verbal beating of yours. An opinion is just an opinion, you can disagree but to make offenses out of it is just unnecessary. You might be sick of hearing the same thing over and over again but that's no reason to lash out on someone just because they contributed to the many opinions that you're sick of hearing of. Yes, a lot of people made quick judgments but it's not their fault when they have reasons to. First, most remakes never even pars with the original, that's a given. Second, die hard fans usually don't like images of the characters that they love be distorted by watching remakes. The third installment was a PAIN plot and actors, some people don't want to go through that again. I just wanna wipe all the memory of it out of my head so that the characters that I loved so much didn't have to endure all that. It's a NO WONDER people don't want to give this another chance. I am sure you understand these sentiments but my point being is it's completely understandable why anyone would think this is a failure, I mean you mentioned Qiong Yao being good with castings or something along that line earlier on but didn't she also casted Huan zhu ge ge three? Then you mention she was experiencing a tough time in her life etc yes, well not all of us knew that. All we saw was that she made a bad script and had bad taste in casting. What's the reason for us to think that she won't do that again especially with how disappointing the actors LOOK to be.

That said, in regards to this remake, I am willing to give it a chance. Although I don't expect to like it but I am curious to see how they would portray it. I am predicting that if it is like what you mention, that it will turn out good, it will be like Dreams Link. For me anyhow, because dreams link isn't a bad remake but the actors are only passable yet not very memorable.

More pics:

First off, I don't think haejoong deserved that lashing either. I can be very sharp with my tongue when I'm at my limits. Actually, I fight rapier with sword and sometimes, if needed, axe. I am the type to look through every single loophole in your statement, and then reply and in my reply I also answer to what I think would be the response to my words.  I am the sort that will hack and cut off every bit of the statement and enlarge its weaknesses while admitting its strengths. His/her comment drew out a very sarcastic part of me. I can be very nice fairly even when I read the comments with words like 'fugly' and 'Please slap Qiong Yao for me', I can be polite. Haejoong was just unlucky to have made that comment at point. Haejoong didn't even say things like 'fugly' or 'The New Huan Zhu Ge Ge makes me want to kill myself and Qiong Yao' and it's good that he/she didn't because I would have really dispensed with the axe and rapier and used a missile and an M-16 and a 50 calibre gun. We are acting like immature children, I am arguing with you guys and asking you all to just stop criticising their looks and focus on the remake. We act like we live in Stone Age, still fighting over who gets the best caves when others are already inventing computers. We're in the Stone Age, fans in China and Taiwan, they truly understand. And it's not because this information was made available to them. It was because they endeavoured to find out all these information. They were the ones who searched for Qiong Yao. I don't understand why we're still there. It's like our growth is stunted or something. First of all, we found out about the remake just about the same time they did, last year. But, look at how they're taking it and look at how we're taking it. You think they don't complain about how the actors don't exactly look right? They do, more so than we do, but their comments are actually very constructive, so unlike what we're doing here. Still complaining about eyes, ears, mouths, moles. If they can deliver, who cares about moles?

What's the reason for you guys to think she won't do it again?

1.Circumstances are entirely different.

2.The plot is different from Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3.

3.This is not the same Qiong Yao during Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3.

4.This is the Qiong Yao who wrote Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and 2. Magnify that by 50 times. She's so excited.

5.The most valid reason of all. Qiong Yao has a 99% success rate. Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 was that 1%. This New Huan Zhu Ge Ge will be part of that 99%.

They won't be distorted. The characters won't be distorted, if they're going the way of Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3, then yes, maybe they're distorted. What about Benjamin and the new princess who's virtually engaged to Yong Qi? His every glance at Xiao Yan Zi, his frustration when Xiao Yan Zi kept throwing the red ball at him, I loved that. I love watching Yong Qi get jealous. It's so cute. And with Benjamin and Xing Rong, his feelings for Xiao Yan Zi will be more obvious.

What if the portrayal of the characters just spoils it? It won't. If Xiao Yan Zi started being all ladylike all the time for more than 1 episode, then you know something's wrong.

When it comes to Huan Zhu Ge Ge, I am willing to bet against every single one of you who's against this remake, what's the point of opposing it when it's already being done, that it's going to fairly successful. True die hard fans are willing to support the author in the remake, of her own story, might I remind all of you, and even be willing to accept that though it might not outperform the classic, it will be alright. What they're trying to do is to give a fresh interpretation of the story.. I remember when Huang Xiaoming was up for the role of Xu Wenqiang, all that was in his mind was Chow Yun Fat's performance in The Bund. And he ended up doing Xu Wenqiang so well. The current cast of the remake have had the advantage of watching the classic for over 10 years, 10 years... They love the classic a hundred times more than we do. They feel the pressure immensely.

I apologise for taking a dig at haejoong, but I would still have said a few words. No one can smell failures. No one can tell which ones are failures just by looking at stills.

First of all, do you guys have any knowledge of who is directing? Qiong Yao is, of course, the screenwriter. What about assistant director? Does anyone know? If you do know their identities, and you can judge from their past works how they guide the cast and the crew in the production of the dramas and films. Secondly, does anyone know how they were casted? I'm sure you have some idea as to how it happened, the very fact that they set up Mango Training shows that they were serious about finding the right actors. Sure, it would be good publicity for the remake but a remake of Huan Zhu Ge Ge doesn't need publicity. Qiong Yao is seriously old, seriously old, she's not dying but she could, okay, if she were your grandmother and this is her last wish, you'd do anything, okay? Although that is not the reason she's doing this remake. But, I think remaking Huan Zhu Ge Ge is a reminder to her of how to be happy again. Xiao Yan Zi brings much joy to her and Qiong Yao is so happy whenever she's involved with the productions.

There are remakes that do well, equal to the classic and perhaps, even eclipses the classic. Although I don't think the New Huan Zhu Ge Ge will be one that tops the remake. Sometimes, remakes are not made because they want to top the original, it's because like someone said, 'Everyone should be given a chance to interpret the story in his own way.' I'm not sick of hearing the comments, I'm sick of the way fans are acting. It's bad enough that some people are ignorant, criticising the production without any knowledge of who the director is, the production studios, the investors and  most importantly, they seem to have forgotten who the author is. Most of you watched Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1, 2 and some of you gave Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 a chance and were sorely disappointed and it left a black hole in your hearts. Some of you watched Romance in the Rain, some of you have watched the original Love in the Rain. Some have watched Six Dreams. Some have watched The Plum Blossom Trilogy. Some have watched Tears of Heaven. Her dramas and her remakes of those dramas, and her movies have been excellent. What you remember is that one blot which is Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3, it's significant enough to make you think this might not work, but when you take into account all her other works, Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 will be just that, a blot on a mile of paper, a mile of critical successes.

I'm just asking one thing, that we start acting like adults. I was not right to call haejoong a police dog, although I think police dogs are kinda cute, but then, haejoong is not a police dog, doesn't have the ability to smell failures. That is impossible. Unless you've got a Joan of Arc ability.

Let's try to stop talking about their features and start doing constructive things. Me, I doubt any of you will actually want to accept my research and statements, I have a way of turning you guys off, which is why I want to do a bet. Why am I so confident that I'll win this bet because my wager is based on statistics, research and I've done my homework. Of course, if you all could back up your comments by watching the other works of the cast and the crew, then, and also maybe go the extra mile by researching the production companies and investors, then yes, and if you have evidence to back up your opinions, you might be the one saying 'I told you so' and I'll have to hang my head in shame.

But what you guys are doing right now is referring to Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 as your evidence and your witness. Surely we need more than that. And if you don't want to do your research, because you might be afraid that what I say regarding the remake is right, then well, you're fairly welcome to join the team, my team, I think it highly unlikely that any of you want to join me, though, in defending Qiong Yao and her remake. There are so few of you who seem so understanding of an old lady whose name is known for her novels, dramas and films more than Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3. It was a mistake. Great filmmakers have made mistakes. There are greats and there will be solids and there will be not-so-greats and the un-greats. Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 was a great Huan Zhu Ge Ge 2 was great but some people thought it too draggy. Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 was a true un-great. This remake will be a solid.

I once said, 'Who wants to settle for less than second best? Who wants to settle for less than perfection?' Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 was in a way, a sort of decision that Qiong Yao regrets a little, if she's going to make it right with this remake, why not let her? I think people knew about Qiong Yao's husband's illness, it was overshadowed by all the rumours that Ruby Lin and Zhao Wei were fighting over Alec Su, which I find complete hogwash. Zhao Wei was the one supporting Ruby throughout the entire series.

Who wants to settle for less than perfection? Sometimes, we do, many people have settled for second best. I wouldn't call this remake second best, I would call it a sister to the classic, a younger sister.. Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 was the woman who Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and 2 found her boyfriend sleeping with. Yes, that scumbag of a Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3. I was disappointed, but I told myself to look for the good things in every series. And the one redeeming point in No. 3 was Zi Wei's motherly side. Which I loved. It wasn't enough for me to declare Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 good, but it helped me to keep a fair mind. If you want to be a true drama love, you can't really be biased, you have to look at the bad points and the good points and then decide whether it's a good show after all. If you watch dramas but don't love them, then you're allowed to be biased. But, when you truly are looking at everything from an impartial perspective, that is the mark of someone who's truly in love with the show to be fair enough. To be just, fair, impartial and unswayed.

Qiong Yao is exceptionally good with casting actors. I've read the reports, she spent months on end looking for the right people. She couldn't find Xiao Yan Zi, and she was ready to put it on hold but then Li Sheng came along. If the cast of Huan Zhu Ge 1 and 2 made up the cast of 3, we wouldn't have felt so bad about 3, because under that circumstance, we've never met Zhao Wei's Xiao Yan Zi or Ruby Lin's Zi Wei or Alec Su's Yong Qi. In a way, they were right for the roles, but they're not Alec or Ruby or Zhao Wei. And we couldn't handle that. I didn't like Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3, I think I pressed the fast-forward button a few times, but I was not going to call Qiong Yao crazy. I don't know whether I'm a true fan of Qiong Yao's, how can I not be, right, since I am such a staunch supporter of whatever she's doing? Haven't read a lot of her novels, only The Plum Blossom Trilogy and certain installments of Huan Zhu Ge Ge. So, I don't know, am I a fan? But, a remake is a remake, it won't kill you. No one is going to be suicidal just because he doesn't like the remake as much as he does the original. No one is going to go to the set toting a handgun, shooting the actors just because they don't like their performances. 'Of course we won't do that. That's ridiculous.' But, from the remarks you guys are making, some of you are giving that impression. Pass a law to ban remakes. Come on. In years to come, someone will want to remake Dune, someone will want to remake Superman, someone will want to remake Batman Begins, there will definitely be Jin Yong remakes.. We are so passive, we sit here, complain, criticise, but never actually give any constructive feedback. I'm so glad Qiong Yao doesn't read this thread because some of your comments, people, would seriously be discouraging and to a certain extent, hurtful. I'm just so glad she doesn't have to read the things you guys say.  If you were guys were actually giving suggestions as to how she might improve the remake, perhaps, I'd even post your comments on her thread where she visits or even her blog, of course, you can do it all on your own, but I don't see any suggestions as to how she might film season 3 because they're through with Season 1 and 2.

How do we know what's a good remake, we try to predict based on the crew and the cast. How many of you have seen these people acting? Chances are, there are very few of you who's actually seen their works. I haven't but I'm going to start trying after Sungkyunkwan Scandal ends.

Sample Question: Why shouldn't we trust Qiong Yao to do a good remake?

Sample Answer: Because Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 sucked.

Rebuttal: Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 was a sequel not a remake. We're doing a remake of Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and 2 . 3 has been cut out. So, it's different from Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3.

Sample Question: Another reason why we shouldn't trust Qiong Yao to do a good remake?

Sample Answer 2: Because the original can't be topped.

Rebuttal: Not all remakes are made with the purpose of topping the original. And it most certainly isn't in this case.

If I were to ask you guys again and again, 'Why do you think this will be a bad remake?', these are your answers and probably all you can say, in varying styles and forms, but that's all you can say. Judging from what I've read from the last 4 pages, you guys have had little else to say, except 'Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3 sucked' and 'They don't look like Zi Wei, Er Kang and Yong Qi.' In a way, I'm tired of reading the same things, it would be awesome if you guys could come up with more reasons to defend your case.

Guest therainhouse

no offense but the girl replacing vicky is ugly... and i can't watch dramas with ugly people.

the king's mom looks cooler though

I don't know how you can say 'No offense' when a remark saying someone is ugly will obviously cause offence and hurt, maybe to the actress if she read it, maybe to her fans. I'm not particularly Li Sheng's fan, but the very fact that you guys are calling them ugly makes me want to defend them. I root for the underdog. 

I don't think Li Sheng is as pretty Zhao Wei was at that age, but 'ugly' ? If, by a twist of fate, you like to act and you were chosen for the lead role in this remake, how would you feel if you read comments saying you were ugly? You wouldn't feel good.. Maybe you'll be tough enough to brush it off but it still hurts. 

I was wrong to say that haejoong was a police dog, but, dogs are cute, now I sort of make police dogs sound derogatory, sigh. I feel like I'm the mother of the cast of the New Huan Zhu. 

No one's ugly. No one is ugly. Maybe she doesn't fit your idea of beauty, I'm not going to talk about inner beauty, overused, but I'm going to say that she does have very appealing eyes. She has nice brows. She has a small face, she has a slim figure. Speaking superficially, she's quite pretty, maybe not the prettiest, but she's pretty. 

We all have features that we want to hide. Some people want to hide their legs because they're too thick, some people want to cover their foreheads because it's full of acne. Some people pinch their noses, some people smile with their lips closed tightly because they have buck teeth. 

There are no ugly people, only different people. Different. 

Thumbs up for you therainhouse, for standing up for this remake. Don't worry there's many supporter like us who think remaking huanzhugege is best idea ever. There been many remake like the return of the condor hero, royal tramps, twin brother, and even modern drama like meteor garden so why can't hzgg. It is a great dramas that everyone love so why do we let it sit in the past and be nothing more than memories. The new version is an adaptation for the younger viewers and new fan. From there on it will gain its own popularity, fame, fans, and many more.

I suggest that for the theme song or closing song, have famous group singer sing it so it will captured more younger audience. I also hope that once this new hzgg is broadcast on air there will also a group of subber willing to sub it too so us none chinese speaker can understand it too. I don't know why no one subbed the old version since its so popular. Its only now that hzggteam begin to sub it and yet season 2 is on hold. Is it really hard to sub?

Anyways, I hope everyone who despised this remake hold back all their negatives comments and speak in a maturely way.

Guest Memories

therainhouse - First off this post isn't meant to be a rebuttal, more so, it's an elaboration of why I,and perhaps many others, are hesitant when it comes to this new Huan Zhu Ge Ge remake.

Firstly, when people make judgments on these actors' looks, they aren't always nonconstructive or biased from the original actors. If you look at my reason for why I didn't like the actors, they are mainly based on how I see the character and how they do not look like how I imagine the character to be. I don't think that the original Hzgg casts are the only actors that can pull the characters off. In fact, I would have loved to see Shui Ling portray Zhi Wei, and I really wonder why Qiong Yao didn't give the role to her in Hzgg 3 when from what I heard she was the original choice for Zhi Wei from the beginning but couldn't take it due to schedule conflicts. And the reason why is because I could see her portray Zhi Wei, the pretty, wise, gentle Zhi Wei very well. I could see myself liking her more than I like Ruby's portrayal of Zhi Wei. And while Shui Ling's acting is excellent, it is also because she has that look that could give the character soul and charm. I guess the new hzgg's casts just lack that. I don't see them having characteristics of the character in their looks, and they have much less charm. Albeit, I am quite satisfied with how Li Sheng looks especially with the new pictures. She isn't as pretty and dare i say as charming as Vicky but she looks fitting and I could picture her play XIao Yan Zi differently but well.

One thing I think you have to keep in mind is that while you are a supporter of Qiong Yao it doesn't mean that everyone else is even if they are fans of Hzgg. Hzgg is truly a piece that's very much apart from her original style of dramas and it is one of the reasons why it's her most popular work. Most of her prior dramas are so very melodramatic and are only suitable for one category of audience and that is woman from 20s and beyond. Hzgg fits a general audience because just about anyone could find it relateable and enjoyable. But that only applies to Hzgg 1 and 2. With Hzgg 3 it seems that she just went back to her old style of weepy and tragic stories. This is probably why people don't trust that she could pull something like hzgg 1 and 2 again because while all her other works are popular, hzgg belonged to an exception out of a string of similar works. And critically speaking, hzgg 3 isn't Qiong Yao's only flop, there are also so many things that I didn't like in Romance in the Rain either. But it wasn't as bad as Hzgg 3 because I never saw the original love of the rain. But it seems like a Qiong Yap has a tendency to add unnecessary plots and characters. Like what is up the long draggy sub plot of the crazy girl Ke Yun? In dreams behind the curtain, I thought that story of the pregnant girl was redundant also, and in dreams link she was 613 and is more likable there but she was still unnecessary. When I look at Qiong Yao's works, I have to say that her stories are only really great when you DON'T judge her work critically because you sort of have to ignore and turn a blind eye to all the flaws to call it a masterpiece of a work. And that tendency of hers, I fear, could carry on into this new Hzgg remake because unlike you, I don't think that Benjamin is a necessary addition.

Btw, I am interested in knowing more of the new hzgg yet I do not understand chinese and don't have resources so it'd be cool to share interesting things that you've found and that might make your claims as to why you think this remake would be good more convincing. Or at least it could spark interest to the people are who are undecided.

Guest therainhouse

Firstly, when people make judgments on these actors' looks, they aren't always nonconstructive or biased from the original actors.

Memories, you’re the only one making constructive comments about the cast.

If you look at my reason for why I didn't like the actors, they are mainly based on how I see the character and how they do not look like how I imagine the character to be. I don't think that the original Hzgg casts are the only actors that can pull the characters off. In fact, I would have loved to see Shui Ling portray Zhi Wei, and I really wonder why Qiong Yao didn't give the role to her in Hzgg 3 when from what I heard she was the original choice for Zhi Wei from the beginning but couldn't take it due to schedule conflicts. And the reason why is because I could see her portray Zhi Wei, the pretty, wise, gentle Zhi Wei very well. I could see myself liking her more than I like Ruby's portrayal of Zhi Wei. And while Shui Ling's acting is excellent, it is also because she has that look that could give the character soul and charm.

You don’t understand why Qiong Yao gave the role to her in Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3. I thought you would have figured out the answered to that question yourself back then.

1. The fact that Qiong Yao created the role of Xia Yingying for Jiang Qinqin/Shui Ling showed that Qiong Yao did not have Shui Ling in mind for the role of Zi Wei anymore.
  2. In Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3, Zi Wei was a mother. Perhaps Qiong Yao wasn’t sure that Jiang could play a mother.
Personally,  I think Zhou Jie doesn’t have as much chemistry with Jiang as he did with Ruby.

Betty Ma was quite good as the motherly Zi Wei and I think Ruby would have struggled a little bit with that role if she had stayed on for Season 3. A 24 year old who’s at her prime playing a mother? Her roles at that point were either teenagers or young ladies, nothing close to mothers at all. Yes, all actors should at least be able to research their material. If she had stayed on, she’d probably have worked on that but it would still be a little difficult. Ruby’s older now, she’s had more experience, and she’s seen people around her get married and have kids. So, she’s able to draw from that.

Betty Ma made an excellent mother, but she was completely lacking in the girlish part of Zi Wei. A woman doesn’t totally lose the girlishness. Discontinuity. She couldn’t pick up what Ruby had integrated into her performance. But, Shui Ling wouldn’t be quite right for the role as well. If she were to replace anyone, if Rebecca Wang had left along with the others and if Qiong Yao didn’t create Xia Yingying, I think she would have made a good Qing Er. Although Rebecca Wang is hard to beat. Zi Wei is an illegitimate child, she carried the insecurities of being an unwanted child over into her relationship with Er Kang. Jiang Qinqin has something very pure about her, a very angelic quality in the lines of her face. She’s just so pure, it’s like a lotus in a swamp, and she is like flowing water. That clarity.  I can’t find the exact words for it, but she’s just pure, like Qing Er, unspoiled,  innocent. Not to say that Ruby isn’t innocent, just that she fully plays on the insecurities almost to a point some of you would call melodramatic.

I guess the new hzgg's casts just lack that. I don't see them having characteristics of the character in their looks, and they have much less charm. Albeit, I am quite satisfied with how Li Sheng looks especially with the new pictures. She isn't as pretty and dare i say as charming as Vicky but she looks fitting and I could picture her play XIao Yan Zi differently but well. 

Some of you know this, some of you don’t.

Once upon a time,  Ruby Lin wasn’t very ‘Zi Wei’ either. She was, in fact, on the verge of being replaced. One of her dramas was broadcasted while they were shooting Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1. The ratings were extremely low and because Ruby’s character was minor, they didn’t put a lot of makeup on her. And people were saying, ‘How can such an ugly person be one of the leads of Huan Zhu Ge Ge?’ Ruby’s performance in that drama wasn’t good.  Quite a few people called Qiong Yao and said, ‘Are you certain that Lin Xinru can play Zi Wei? We respect your opinion but could you take a look at her drama?’ Qiong Yao watched that drama that very day and she even recorded that episode. She watched it over and over again and it scared her a little. Because the performance was really bad . She lost her confidence in Ruby. Qiong Yao then asked for all Ruby’s scenes to be put on hold  (as in they didn’t shoot her scenes) She had all the scenes that Ruby had filmed  up to that point  taped and flown to her immediately. She studied the tapes repeatedly. Ruby’s performance was quite good but her enunciation was weak especially in the scenes with Zhou Jie. It was weak compared to Zhou Jie’s. So, Qiong Yao had Ruby’s voice dubbed. Ruby found out through her manager, Amy. Amy had called her and booked a ticket for her, saying, ‘Let’s go for an audition.’ Ruby kind of picked up on it when her manager told her not to buy a return ticket immediately. So, that’s how she found out that she was on the verge of being recasted. Amy was sitting near the elevator when Qiong Yao came out and saw her crying. Then, they discussed the situation and Amy was still crying. Qiong Yao then decided that, ‘If the drama’s good, then that’s all very well, but if it’s bad, so be it, it’s much better than ruining Ruby’s future.’ That night, Ruby called Qiong Yao and she was crying too. She said, ‘Auntie, I will try my hardest at this, I won’t let you down!’ Behind the scenes, Qiong Yao would continue to have the tapes flown to her and she would study them and advise the director especially on Ruby’s scenes.

The point of this story is that remarks like ‘She’s so ugly’  ‘How can an ugly person be Zi Wei?’,  comments like that hurt people. I know Ruby was hurt by them. Let’s try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is not Hailu’s fault that her ears are a little large. She didn’t ask for it and we shouldn’t make her ashamed of having large ears or crossed-eyes  or whatever. I mean, I hope she’s tough enough to brush off insensitive comments like these. Hailu is very young and she’s a fresh face, let’s give her a try and quit being so harsh on her..

One thing I think you have to keep in mind is that while you are a supporter of Qiong Yao it doesn't mean that everyone else is even if they are fans of Hzgg.

I understand that there are people who like Huan Zhu Ge Ge but aren’t fans of Qiong Yao and/or her other works.

But, like Taylor Swift said, ‘ "I get that, no matter what, you're going to be criticized for something. But I also get that there are different kinds of ways to criticize someone. There's constructive criticism, there's professional criticism - and then there's just being mean. And there's a line that you cross when you just start to attack everything about a person."

It’s true, we’re not all nice people all the time. I was mean in one of my posts here.

But, ‘fugly’ , really? I just wonder how you take it when you hear someone say that about your face?

It’s just so degrading.. You degrade both the actress and yourself and maybe even your family or your school. I don’t believe your parents purposefully teach you to say things like that. Or is there a school that teaches profanity and insensitivity? If there is, I have not heard of it. If there is, all governments should ban it.

Moving on. Memories here wrote many insightful comments and it wasn’t a personal strike at the actresses. So many of you here say things like, ‘Yong Qi looks like a eunuch.’ Are you saying that he lacks manhood? By the way, I do not understand what is wrong with lacking  testes. Sure, in those days, eunuchs lost the thing they were most proud of, but many eunuchs are equally manly. Manhood is not determined whether or not a man is castrated but by his actions and his character. A true man puts others before himself. So, don’t speak of eunuchs like that. Like it’s truly shameful to be a eunuch because many eunuchs took pride in serving their masters. You guys.

So, think about it, are you giving constructive criticism, professional criticism or are you just being mean?

Melodeen gave some suggestions. At least, she’s trying. By the way, some people suggested that Alec Su, Ruby and Zhao Wei sing the themesong. Highly unlikely, though, because if all of them had guest spots in this remake, then, yea, it would be easier, but out of the three, only Ruby is acting in the remake. Others have suggested a rock band like Power Station.

Hzgg is truly a piece that's very much apart from her original style of dramas and it is one of the reasons why it's her most popular work. Most of her prior dramas are so very melodramatic and are only suitable for one category of audience and that is woman from 20s and beyond.

My family watched Plum Blossom Trilogy when I was 3 or 4... I watched Qing Qing He Bian Cao, too when I was very young, as a toddler. And then a few years after that, we watched Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Two years ago, I showed the Plum Blossom Trilogy lyrics book to a few classmates, and one of the guys remembered it. Some of the girls recognised it too. What I’m saying is, people watch these stuff. And they’re not just women in their twenties. Children, teenagers, yes, toddlers. I don’t know how I remember the stories but I remember them.

So, again, the range of audience must be widened. We all watched it. Guys, girls. Grandfathers, grandmothers, cousins.

Hzgg fits a general audience because just about anyone could find it relateable and enjoyable. But that only applies to Hzgg 1 and 2. With Hzgg 3 it seems that she just went back to her old style of weepy and tragic stories.

Qiong Yao’s stories are about love. Agreed? In her stories, the characters usually face trials and their love is often tested. Agreed? While most of them are rather sad, some of them have happy endings  and some despite ending tragically have very romantic storylines. My favourite out of the ‘sad’ stories is Ghost Husband. It is a little draggy, quite draggy actually, it could have been shortened to 18 episodes. But, I enjoyed it. I think we all want to experience the kind of love that her characters go through. Even if it’s just a little bit. Some of you might think, ‘No, I don’t need all these trials and temptations. I just want to lead a stable life. My marriage has to be stable. ‘ But, the passion and romance found in her novels are our aspirations, somewhere deep inside us, we long for that kind of passion too. And so, I’m not sure how is it that you find it hard to relate? In the sense that you don’t lead a tragic life like they do, the love of your life is not married to someone else, your husband is not horribly disfigured, yes. But, the issues in these dramas are things we can relate to. Some of us might have had feelings for someone who is attached. Some of us might have had insecurities about ourselves, in that way, you sort of feel ashamed about yourself, Qi Xuan, the husband, feels that way, but his shame is amplified. So, you may not be able to relate to the circumstances but there are feelings those characters feel that you find, sometimes, strangely similar to your own. What Qiong Yao does is she takes these feelings and issues and she weaves them into a story, stories with switched babies, mute wives, and raped girls. We may not have been raped,but some of us may have been assaulted or molested on the bus or in trains or in bookstores. And that feeling is similar to that sense of shame and anger and frustration that a person whose body is forcefully taken away from her feels.Only that being raped is a hundred times worse than being molested.

I was enchanted by her stories. They just seem so dramatic. But, it was real. And there was a bit fantasy and there was passion and beauty. And I loved it.

Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and 2 were fun. I think a lot of people can relate to Xiao Yan Zi. She’s likeable, she says what she thinks and she’s not afraid to laugh at herself.  The characters have fun with friends. They play pranks. And, it’s easy to laugh along with them. But, the passion is also there. My favourite scene between Er Kang and Zi Wei is the scene where he lit the room with dozens of candles. There was one line where she asked him, ‘Would you want to be a burden to me if you were blind?’ And Er Kang replied, ‘I would. I’d treat you as my walking stick. I’d leech on to you and trust you to take care of me.’

I love the fact that he chose to say, ‘Yes, I still want you to be with me even if I’m blind.’ I loved that. In Season 3, they reversed the situation. Er Kang and Zi Wei were separated. It’s not unrealistic. Men get drafted into the military. For Er Kang, I’m sure it was compulsory. He is after all, in charge of the private guard and he is, first and foremost, the son-in-law to the king. He’s also one of the most trusted advisors. How could he not serve his country and his emperor by going to battle? Agreed? I don’t doubt that you guys agree that he had to go to war. Going to war and becoming a drug addict and being separated from Zi Wei? Okay, have you heard of post-war syndrome ? It’s categorised under post-traumatic stress disorder. Soldiers returning home might show symptoms of being withdrawn, or violent or just different. War violence changes a person. The experience of shooting someone, or stabbing someone or throwing a gas bomb in someone’s face or even having to leave someone behind. Some of them manage to overcome the past and they carry on with just a reminder that they’ve killed people. Some of them become alchoholics. Sometimes, war trauma affects the marriage directly. People become closed off, different or changed. Some of them smoke pot or marijuana regularly to just get distracted from the memories.

The point is, Er Kang could have become a drug addict even if he wasn’t forced to take the powder/pills by Mu Sha. Even if he wasn’t kidnapped. Yes, the idea that the princess of another country, the enemy would bring you back and then feed you drugs and force you to marry her is rather far-fetched.  I concede that perhaps there are too many plot devices. But, no matter how it happened, it happened.

I appreciate those scenes of Er Kang as a drug addict. That scene where he ran away from Zi Wei when she caught his eye at the market. I thought it had a mountain of significance. Why did he run away when he saw Zi Wei? First of all, this is different from Zi Wei’s blindness. That was a physical handicap. Er Kang knew that Zi Wei  looked up to him immensely, she loved him through and through. And I’m sure that Zi Wei would still want Er Kang with her even if his addiction couldn’t be cured fully or if it couldn’t be cured at all. But, his addiction was a moral weakness. In Zi Wei’s eyes, Er Kang was great. He didn’t want her to see him like that, as a drug addict and as a thief. If he were blind or if he had lost an arm or something, he might feel hurt and he might even lash out at Zi Wei but he would never hide from her, he would never run away if that’s the case.

Love transcends all in Qiong Yao’s stories. And I like that. I would like to believe that in my world, true love wins. And I’m sure that many people want that for themselves too. A blissful, happy life filled with passion and love.

As for Yong Qi, Xiao Yan Zi and Zhi Hua, if Xiao Yan Zi continued as she did in Season 2, the dowager empress was going to have make a decree that he take a second wife. First of all, she was not bearing him any children.  When she got pregnant, she didn’t even know it, and she miscarried too. Yong Qi’s a prince, and in this story, he was being considered for the position of Crown Prince, and what’s more, he wanted children, he needed an heir, a son. If Xiao Yan Zi had carried the baby to term, whether it was a girl or a boy, at least it showed the royal family that she was capable of bearing children. But, she miscarried and it was due to her carelessness.

This part is not unrealistic. I can understand Yong Qi taking this course of action both ways. Of course, if it wasn’t for Qing Er and Xiao Jian, he would have defied the decree all the way and he would have persuaded Qianlong to sweet-talk the dowager empress. At least, the old Yong Qi would have.

But, I also understand it the way Qiong Yao had written it. Yong Qi understands how much Xiao Yan Zi loves her brother and he loves her so much that he would do whatever it takes to protect him as well and also because he understands that Xiao Jian and Qing Er truly love each other. But the fact that he had sex with Zhi Hua, I can’t forgive. Why did he have to do it? Sex is the ultimate way of verifying your love for a person. So, I feel like saying to Leo Ku’s Yong Qi, ‘You don’t love this woman. Why did you make love to her ? This is the ultimate act of betrayal to Xiao Yan Zi.’ I don’t remember that part clearly, was he drugged or did he think Zhi Hua was Xiao Yan Zi? This I don’t fully buy. Even if you’re drugged or even if you’re so drunk you think the person beside you is your lover, I think you can tell that the body is not the body of your lover.  I mean, come on, Xiao Yan Zi has had sex with Yong Qi before, surely, Yong Qi can tell whether the body he is touching belongs to Xiao Yan Zi....

This, they have to change in a lot of dramas. But, someone said that men can have sex with people they don’t love or desire. This bothers me because Yong Qi would never desire someone else besides Xiao Yan Zi. Other men can, but Yong Qi isn’t allowed to. He’s the one so completely in love with Xiao Yan Zi that he frowns when she smiles at another guy. Please do not tell me that he got aroused by Zhi Hua. He’s supposed to be faithful.

This is probably why people don't trust that she could pull something like hzgg 1 and 2 again because while all her other works are popular, hzgg belonged to an exception out of a string of similar works.

The fact that she did it once with Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and she did it again with Huan Zhu Ge Ge 2 is not enough to convince you that she can do it again? I find that the author’s emotional state is very important. One’s mindset and heart. Writers are easily influenced by life experiences.  Her emotional state now is similar to the one that she had when she was writing Huan Zhu Ge Ge 2, which means she's happy and when she's happy, her work is full of happy stuff. 

I think that for this remake to be a failure, if you guys want this to be a failure, maybe you guys should pray that someone in Qiong Yao’s family gets a stroke. Because from the way most of you are criticising this remake, it almost looks as if you’re afraid of it actually being good or worse that you want this to be a failure.

And critically speaking, hzgg 3 isn't Qiong Yao's only flop, there are also so many things that I didn't like in Romance in the Rain either. But it wasn't as bad as Hzgg 3 because I never saw the original love of the rain. But it seems like a Qiong Yao has a tendency to add unnecessary plots and characters. Like what is up the long draggy sub plot of the crazy girl Ke Yun? In dreams behind the curtain, I thought that story of the pregnant girl was redundant also, and in dreams link she was 613 and is more likable there but she was still unnecessary. When I look at Qiong Yao's works, I have to say that her stories are only  really great when you DON'T judge her work critically because you sort of have to ignore and turn a blind eye to all the flaws to call it a masterpiece of a work. And that tendency of hers, I fear, could carry on into this new Hzgg remake because unlike you, I don't think that Benjamin is a necessary addition. 

First of all, Romance in the Rain was in a few ways better than the original. Hang those who say all remakes can’t eclipse the original. Love in the Rain was very sad, my sister read the novel and she said Ru Ping died and then Shu Huan and Yi Ping couldn’t be together because they felt that Ru Ping killed herself over them.

Romance in the Rain features three main couples and then other pairings, Shu Huan and Yi Ping, Ru Ping and Shu Huan, Er Hao and Fang Yu. Sub pairings: Du Fei and Ru Ping, Er Hao and Ke Yun, Lu Zhen Hua and Fu Wen Pei (Yi Ping’s father and mother)..  I watched some parts of the original. Streaming it is tough.

I thought that Ke Yun was necessary, I did not find it very draggy, for me, it was alright. Things like that happen. People lose control of their desire for each other and then it just happens. Losing her baby was a very traumatic experience, it’s losing a part of yourself. It showed how Er Hao had changed. In the past, he was irresponsible. But, he showed that he had changed. And it was evident in the way he treated Fang Yu. I found that scene where Er Hao and Fang Yu discussed their situation with Ke Yun particularly relevant  to the triangle between Shu Huan, Yi Ping, and Ru Ping.  It was on the tram. And that conversation was just so right. Ke Yun lost her memory, thinks her baby is still alive, is mentally damaged or traumatised but she remembers Er Hao, she remembers how good he was to her. And, then, over time, she was healed and she realised that the people who made the baby that was lost are no longer the same people.  And she’s ready to move on and she’s cool with being friends.

As for Meng Ping, the part where she got pregnant wasn’t redundant. I think she got pregnant and then her mother had her baby aborted but the consequences were terrible: that she could never bear children again.

First of all, being raped was bad enough, having to go through an abortion was worse, she didn’t know better, and being told that she’s never able to bear children again. And, I suspect, that she never wanted to abort the baby in the first place, she was just lost.

Meng Ping’s storyline is crucial. Before that, she was just the sister who turned up her nose at Yi Ping and was on Xueqin’s side all the time. After the rape and abortion, she became a grown woman overnight, laden with grief and she was more understanding of Yi Ping. It was also important as it affected Yi Ping. Yi Ping wished she had protected her half-sister and the guilt Yi Ping carried with her.. This is like the scene in Little Women where Amy fell through the ice and Jo and Laurie pulled her out. Jo was so guilty about it but the sisters were closer after that. Experiences like these pulls people together, forges a bond between them.  And I find it was crucial to the storyline as Yi Ping has had broken relationships with all the members of her family except  for her own mother, that is. Step by step, she began to forgive them and even start to love them, except for Xueqin, that is.

Romance in the Rain is not just about romance. It’s about family ties, relationships, acceptance, brokenness, depression, desperation, hopelessness, faithfulness.

Btw, I am interested in knowing more of the new hzgg yet I do not understand chinese and don't have resources so it'd be cool to share interesting things.

Since you do not understand Chinese, you can either

1. Rely on translators
  2. Visit Cfensi’s Huan Zhu Ge Ge remake thread
  3. Visit the New Huan Zhu Ge Ge Tieba thread and then use Google Translate (though it’s a bit off)
  4. Or learn Chinese
One thing I dislike and like about fans of Kpop and Kdramas is that they’re crazily obsessed with all things Korean.

1. If you say anthing negative about their favourite star, even if it’s justified and constructive, they’ll go bonkers on you. (This I don’t like)
  2. But, the same enthusiasm that they use to defend their favourite stars or dramas is the one that makes South Korea’s entertainment industry so popular.
  3. Some of them even learn Korean. It’s crazy.
  4. Some of them even say they want to get plastic surgery to look like Koreans who have gotten plastic surgery. (This I find strange and frankly, it just shows an unhealthy obsession with a certain kind of look.)
Some of these things I just find strange and obsessive, but it’s their passion that propels the K-entertainment industry to the top. Although I must say their music industry isn’t really flourishing, it’s not like the U.S. where people actually form their own bands, have open mic nights everywhere, and release their own albums. Epik High is the only self-produced band I know of. Everybody else is kind of manufactured. Maybe F.T. Island is different.

Anyway, I went off on a ramble about bands but the point is, if you guys are enthusiastic about Huan Zhu Ge Ge enough to say that these actors aren’t right and that Qiong Yao should be slapped for remaking her own story, then I suppose you’re enthusiastic enough to learn the language and find out about Huan Zhu Ge Ge.

But, so few of you who pick up Korean from watching Korean dramas actually feel the same about Chinese stuff.

Memories, of course, I’m going to write about the remake of Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Kinda unofficially, illegally appointed myself as the translator of certain articles on Qiong Yao’s blog. I just get nettled whenever people give out the wrong information. And then everyone or at least most people go around quoting the wrong information. So, I’ve taken it upon myself to set things right and at least give out correct information. But, you must understand that I won’t post everything that I have in Soompi. I’m not going to link every single thing I write about the remake to this thread, only the absolutely important ones. Like Qiong Yao’s reason for the remake and the FAQ. But, if you want to post a link to a post about the remake, that’s fine with me. At least you’re helping by giving out the correct information. As far as I know, Cfensi prides themselves on accuracy so yeah the information there is pretty much accurate.

If you guys want to know about the remake, you have to ask and be specific, please.  If you don’t ask, I don’t know what exactly you’re looking for.

And then the negative criticism. You guys do realise, that if you were nicer about the actors’ looks, I wouldn’t be talking so much. I mean, it just sets me off. It’s like this alarm clock. Every time someone says, ‘He looks so ugly.’

It’s just so unfair. I mean, who has the right to call someone else ugly? Sure, you may not like how he looks but you could keep it to yourself, couldn’t you? I’m sure that all of you have features that you’re not exactly proud of and if you were public figures, I’m sure your looks would be analysed as well. So, put yourself in their shoes. If you think he’s not handsome, then, in your mind, he’s not handsome, but there is a difference between thinking it and saying it. Saying it actually hurts someone, if you keep it in your mind, at least no one truly gets hurt.

There is a reason why Facebook doesn’t have a dislike button. If you dislike the post or the comment, you just don’t click on the like button. There are a few things you guys can do.

1.Support this remake wholeheartedly at least for Qiong Yao’s sake and participate by giving suggestions. (Probability: 10%)

2.Try to be open-minded about it and wait for the remake to be aired before deciding whether it’s a failure. (Probability: 15%)

3.Continue whining and/or complaining and give feedback that’s constructive to no one. (Probability: 50%)

4.Ignore this remake. Act like it doesn't exist. (Probabilty:20%)

5.Send your feedback, including your complaints about the actresses’ appearance, to someone at HunanTV. (Probability: 5%)

zhangchan@hunantv.com That way, someone will hear you out, if there are enough complaints about their looks, I suppose you could even pressure Qiong Yao to get everyone recast.... Though I highly doubt that will happen, like in Ruby’s case, Qiong Yao actually decides the casting based on their performance.

http://t.sina.com.cn/newhuanzhugege

http://blog.sina.com.cn/qiongyao

If you want to make comments about the remake, why not take your comments all the way to Qiong Yao’s blog... At least, she’ll be able to read it. Negative or not, your comments affect the production in some way. So, why not? Even if you post in English, it should be alright.

I mean, if you feel that it’s alright to say ‘She’s ugly’ here on Soompi, surely, you’d be fine with saying it on Qiong Yao’s blog. Right, people?  Go ahead and tell Qiong Yao what you truly think of her cast.

All right, that's it. If anyone has been editing my posts, please stop doing it. I remember that I'd written my e-mail here so you guys can ask questions. It's therainhouse17@gmail.com. There's a reason for why I do what I do, so if anyone edits my words, I'm just going to re-edit it. Every word I use is chosen carefully, I like to be precise, so if you replace my words or cut out entire lines, then, the point of my message isn't going to get through. 

A suggestion to the admistrators at Soompi, if you want to edit someone's post, at least get their agreement and discuss why it needs to be done. If you cut out this last part, I'm just going to post it again. Again, if you're going to edit my post, at least have the decency to e-mail me and ask me whether my words can be censored. 

Melodeen gave some suggestions. At least, she’s trying. By the way, some people suggested that Alec Su, Ruby and Zhao Wei sing the themesong. Highly unlikely, though, because if all of them had guest spots in this remake, then, yea, it would be easier, but out of the three, only Ruby is acting in the remake. Others have suggested a rock band like Power Station.

Truthfully, Everyone should know from the beginning that having the cast to come back and replay their character was impossible unless otherwise Qiong Yao love Vicki, Alec, Ruby, and Zhou Jie so much that she decided to use them again. We would watch it again because we love the cast but it definitely won't be on our list of favorites since we already knew the storyline and characters so well from the original. I think if this were to happen, there would definitely be more fan who criticize it and anti against the idea. If they want that to happen, go back to re-watching the original which is better than seeing them in new remake. I saw hzgg 1 and 2 only after romance in the rain and got curious about who this girl playing yiping is. While browsing around the internet I found pictures of Zhaowei in ancient clothes with this cute guy so I got curious. During that time, youtube wasn't born yet so I have to order the dvd on yesasia. I became of hzgg addict ever since then. My father loved hzgg too but soon he got annoyed with xyz's character. So I doubt that my father the only one who is annoyed. But having one or two of them coming back as guest star or playing a small role would be nice. Although it would be nice if Vicki could replace Qin Lan as xyz's mother so we'll be able to see where her big eyes and personality comes from. BTW, who is Du Ruo Lan? Is she significant in this remake?

We all wants to see new face, new voice, and perhaps, new characters. After reading about Benjamin's chacrater in the new hzgg remake I'm quite excited. I love it that Yongqi actually has a competitor for xyz's affection and also, princess Xing Rong as an addition to their triangle. In the original, it was always xyz who get what she want and jealousy over YQ wasn't much as yong qi is for her. Hopefully this new Yong Qi will get everyone eyes on him when he get jealous and angry like alec su did. Though just by look at his picture I'm already charm by him and I feel like I will like him too. Hehehe.

What I meant was to have the new cast sing the them-song. It will really help them charm their audience more. Vicki sing most of the song from hzgg 1 and 2. It would be great if li sheng or hailu can sing too. If not, why not have famous group from China like feilunhai, bobo, or top combine to sing it. I dunno much about groups in china so those are just my guess. Probably by now, they should have an idea already. :lol:

Guest therainhouse

Although it would be nice if Vicki could replace Qin Lan as xyz's mother so we'll be able to see where her big eyes and personality comes from. BTW, who is Du Ruo Lan? Is she significant in this remake?

Hmm.. Xiao Jian once mentioned that their mother was a good woman, a very gentle person. And Xiao Yan Zi is not exactly gentle. I don't think she inherited her mother's personality. Haha. I don't know about the eyes. 

Do you remember the scene in Season 1 where Xiao Yan Zi kept throwing this rattan ball tied with red ribbons at Yong Qi? That was part of a little contest a rich man held. Whoever caught the rattan ball would marry his daughter. And Xiao Yan Zi kept passing the ball to Yong Qi, he got so annoyed and then he confessed his feelings for her later that night... Does that ring a bell? 

Du Ruo Lan is the daughter of that rich man. 

What I meant was to have the new cast sing the them-song. It will really help them charm their audience more. Vicki sing most of the song from hzgg 1 and 2. It would be great if li sheng or hailu can sing too. If not, why not have famous group from China like feilunhai, bobo, or top combine to sing it. I dunno much about groups in china so those are just my guess. Probably by now, they should have an idea already.  :lol:

I haven't really heard Bobo and Top Combine's songs... I think Qiong Yao will get at least one balladeer. She loves ballads. If the cast can sing well, I suppose that's alright. For all her dramas, there's a few ballads. Like in Season 1, Li Yijun sang that song 'Yu Die' . It was the closing themesong. 

But the fact that he had sex with Zhi Hua, I can’t forgive. Why did he have to do it? Sex is the ultimate way of verifying your love for a person. So, I feel like saying to Leo Ku’s Yong Qi, ‘You don’t love this woman. Why did you make love to her ? This is the ultimate act of betrayal to Xiao Yan Zi.’ I don’t remember that part clearly, was he drugged or did he think Zhi Hua was Xiao Yan Zi? This I don’t fully buy. Even if you’re drugged or even if you’re so drunk you think the person beside you is your lover, I think you can tell that the body is not the body of your lover. I mean, come on, Xiao Yan Zi has had sex with Yong Qi before, surely, Yong Qi can tell whether the body he is touching belongs to Xiao Yan Zi....

its been a while since I last saw HZGG 3 but from what I remember (vaguely), it was Xiao Yan Zi's idea. She told Yong Qi to go spend the night with Zhi Hua. I think it had something to do with Xiao Yan Zi feeling guilty that Yong Qi is neglecting Zhi Hua. And of course, on that night Zhi Hua guilt tripped him into giving her a child.

Guest therainhouse

its been a while since I last saw HZGG 3 but from what I remember (vaguely), it was Xiao Yan Zi's idea. She told Yong Qi to go spend the night with Zhi Hua. I think it had something to do with Xiao Yan Zi feeling guilty that Yong Qi is neglecting Zhi Hua. And of course, on that night Zhi Hua guilt tripped him into giving her a child.

This is the main problem I have with Yong Qi-Xiao Yan Zi in Season 3. How could he be guilt-tripped into making love to someone else? While having sex with Zhi Hua to do away with his guilt, another load is waiting because eventhough he's not cheating on Xiao Yan Zi technically but he had promised that he would love her only. And by love I means a total complete handover of oneself to another and he gave himself sexually to Zhi Hua. Aargh. Eeesh. I so do not like this part. How can he have sex with Zhi Hua? 

How can he have sex with anyone else besides Xiao Yan Zi? Sheesh. Not talking to Yong Qi for 1 day. Just the memory of it makes me angry with him. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest therainhouse

Something I didn't add in my FAQ post and the New Huan Zhu Ge Ge Gallery page. 

1.Er Tai is marrying Saiya in Season 2. (This is in the official synopsis for Season 2, I just didn't put it in my translation because it didn't fit the flow. Stupid reason but yea, now you guys know that he's staying for at least half of Season 2.)

This I just added a few days ago to the Official Cast post.

1.Du Ruolan has been changed to Hu Ruolan. The difference is the last name, that's it.

2.Saiya's nationality in the original was Tibetan, now, in the remake, she is Mongolian.

Guest therainhouse

Xie Zhongling has confirmed via her Weibo that she will be playing Cailian.

亲爱的我的风铃们!灵子离开你们的视线好几个月了~很感激你们都没有离开灵子都还关心着我~我知道大家一直都想知道灵子在新还珠中的角色~灵子现在可以告诉大家~灵子演的角色是还珠第一部中出现过的采莲~新版中会略有不同~角色虽不大~灵子会好好表现的!因为不管怎么样~演戏是灵子最喜欢的事情!

She's promised to do her best. 

Cailian is the girl who hangs around Yong Qi's side after he gave her some money to bury her dead father and then Xiao Yan Zi got jealous and moody.  Xie Zhongling is pretty, really pretty, so pretty, she's gonna steal every scene she's in. Scene-stealer! So freaking pretty. 

XieZhongling.jpg

XieZhongling2.jpg

Guest therainhouse

This is Qiong Yao's reply to a fan who wrote a letter or something to encourage her.

吧主∶

收到你长长的信,看得我非常感动

你这麼年轻,有这麼深刻的思想,让我惊喜。

看你的网吧,就知道你充满了热情

又有组织能力,还有一颗珍贵的心

你确实安慰了我,让我觉得好多了

是的,「新还珠」还要面对很多考验

我需要这儿所有的朋友支持和鼓励

尤其那些正在前线拼命的演员,真的拍得十分辛苦

我们要一气呵成拍这麼长的戏,难为这些「新人」

他们很努力,很争气,你们将来一定会喜欢他们的!

谢谢吧主帮我打气,抚平我心中的伤口!

敲三下,我爱这儿每一个朋友!

不能空手来,对不对?我送上一张没有发表过的剧照

给「新还珠格格贴吧」做为礼物!

我们可爱的小燕子,为各位祈福!

为台湾最近一悲一喜的两位S 演员祈福,愿受伤的早日康复

找到爱情的另一对圆圆满满

当然,我那可爱的小燕子

更是真真诚诚的为你们祈福

为相信人间有爱的人祈福

这是第一次我把剧照贴到这儿来

你们知道这有多珍贵吗?

Your letter touched me a lot. You are so young and yet you are so mature, I was surprised at your maturity.

I can tell that you’re full of warmth just by looking at your site. You have organisational skills as well as a dear heart.

You’ve comforted me and made me feel better. It’s true, The New Huan Zhu Ge Ge still has to face a lot of challenges.

I need the support and encouragement of the friends here. The actors need it too, especially them, they’re working so hard. 

We’re shooting it all in one go. They’ve been trying very hard; you will definitely like them in the future.

Thanks for encouraging me and soothing the wound in my heart.

I love everyone of you. 

I can’t come empty handed, can I? So, I brought a still that’s never been released publicly before as a present to The New Huan Zhu Ge Ge Tieba. Our adorable Xiao Yan Zi is praying for each one of you and for 2 of Taiwan’s S actresses, one delighted, and one having a hard time, hope that she recovers from her wounds soon. This is my first time posting a still here. Do you know precious this is?

Xiao_Yan_Zi_24.jpg

Direct link to the original post on Tieba. http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=927473238

Archived