[Variety] Good Sunday - Heroes 영웅호걸

Guest lucky_moon

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta admit, this time I was really really rooting for the Unpopular team to win so I was disappointed in the end that the other team won.

I love the unpopular team because even tho the story is nothing new, inspirational movies are feel good movies. I love how sincere the acting is (even Noh Hongchul's!), it's got lots of heart! It also has a clear purpose and a straight forward direction. Not only that, they actually utilize the fact that they are shooting in a ski resort into the scenario.

Whereas the Popular team's movie is perhaps more interesting, it doesn't quite convey any particular message other than being a mainstream horror. Plus, the majority of the movie is shot indoor, visual wise, it was kinda meh.

But anyways, I'm loving the last 2 episodes. Can't wait for next week. Seo Inyoung is forced to clean the bathroom!! LOL.

Bad News. Heroes have been declining in ratings the last 3 weeks. It usually garners 6%, down to around 4.9%. It's too bad, it's a really good show, it's so criminally underrated. But then again, the show goes against 1N2D and 1N2D is too strong an opponent. Nothing can take it down it seems.

I really enjoyed the last couple of episodes (partially because it takes me back to my film school days). I can certainly see why the Popular team won this time around - they had the better story. If my non-existant Korean serves me correctly, Kahi even said that SooAh is very much like a child (in comparison to InAh) when they were told she had written the script. The Unpopular team were really fun to watch tho, suffering through the winter outdoor shoot (I've done it while it snowed and it's no walk in the park.)

But several things I noticed from here:

1. Narsha is pretty good at directing. She has a unique sense of visual storytelling (particularly with her and IU's short).

2. Kahi is a really good director of photography (camera director) - every shot was gorgeous (course it helped that they had a good location.) Nonetheless, it looks like she took it rather seriously and for as cold as it looked, her hands were very steady. It was funny watching her and LeeJin work like that together. (I'm very close to calling them twins.)

3. Them iPhones must have awesome battery life to keep it going like that for so long (in the cold, no less). I guess they must have downloaded after they finished a scene.

4. I always thought Kahi sounded like she was stoned all the time, but JiYeon, when she was doing her short with LeeJin - hysterical.

JiYeon:*tape*looksaround*teeth*

LeeJin: Don't do that, I'll go get some scissors. *leaves*

JiYeon:*teeth*tape

Looks like they help out the staff at a hotel in Busan. Popular team is front house, Unpopular is maid service.

Guest ~~viyage~~

i am looking for SBS heroes ep.2 with English subtitle (either download or streaming site both r fine with me)

I went to snjeung wordpress...but i couldn't find any trace of it....

anybody know where to download or watch it???

thank you :D

Guest adikkeluangman

KARA’s Nicole will miss scheduled recording for SBS’s ‘Heroes’

Due to the recent conflicts revolving around KARA, the member’s individuals activities have been gaining a lot of attention.

SBS’s ‘Heroes‘ has revealed that Nicole will not be attending the January 31st recording. A representative revealed, ”Since we have previously recorded material, [episodes with Nicole] will continue to be broadcasted until the middle of February.”

Despite the fact that the group has decided to continue with their 5-member activities, Landmark lawyer Hong Myung Ho explained, ”Discussion has only been done regarding the larger parts; we haven’t been able to bring much attention to the member’s individual activities yet… We plan to discuss all the affairs with DSP Media within the next few days and we expect for those matters to be decided then… I don’t believe the meeting will occur any later than this weekend.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/karas-nicole-will-miss-scheduled-recording-for-sbss-heroes

Guest adikkeluangman

“Heroes” PD assures fans that Nicole is not leaving the show

We previously reported about how KARA’s Nicole would not be at the film set of SBS’s “Heroes” on January 31st. After hearing the news, fan began to worry about whether or not Nicole would actually continue with the show.

On the 30th, PD Park Sung Hoon assured fans through an interiew with Money Today that, “As everyone knows, Nicole was involved in many issues and was unable to film with us on the 31st. This, however, does not mean that Nicole will leave the program.”

Fans were relieved to hear that Nicole will eventually return to the program, pending the resolution of the dispute with DSP Media.

After the second round of negotiations, KARA decided to continue together as a five-membered group. They’re hoping to continue with their schedules as planned.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/heroes-pd-assures-fans-that-nicole-is-not-leaving-the-show

in yesterday episode,iu english is so funny.... too bad she cant really speak english....

on the other hands,nicole english seems awkward suprisingly.... she happen to be serving a singaporean man,tat guys english is so obvious from singapore :D

in yesterday episode,iu english is so funny.... too bad she cant really speak english....

on the other hands,nicole english seems awkward suprisingly.... she happen to be serving a singaporean man,tat guys english is so obvious from singapore :D

IU was so cute. Definitely tried her best with English.

Nicole's English is a product of going to Korea and not continuing with her English studies. I would imagine, because she already speaks it with relative fluency, needing to study more wasn't a priority - learning Korean was. A friend of mine told me this happens to a lot of people who were born in one country, and go live/work/study in another country in their teens - that they end up not becoming confident in either language. So Nicole's English, much like a lot of other overseas-born artists remained at the level when they left the country. (Nicole must've been 14, 15 years old and hadn't developed the sophistication of adult English yet. Her English hasn't suffered too much, just perhaps the way she processes conversation because of learning 2 other languages.)

Archived