Jump to content

Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]


Father's Day with Joo Won  

10 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the most fun father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

    • Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
      0
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
      0
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
      0
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
      0
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
      0
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
  2. 2. Who is the strictest father (figure) of Joo Won's character? (choose as many as you want)

    • Alice: Yoon Min Hyuk (Kwak Si Yang) - Father
    • Alice: Det. Go Hyeon Seok (Kim Sang Ho) - Father figure
      0
    • Good Doctor: Dr. Choi Woo Seok (Cheon Ho Jin) - Father figure
      0
    • Good Doctor: Park Choon Sung (Jung Ho Keun) - Father
    • Yong Pal: Tae Hyun’s father (Choi Joon Yong) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Han Joo Man (Dok Ko Yeong Jae) - Father
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant: Kim Won Seok (Ahn Nae Sang) - Father figure
      0
    • Nae Il’s Cantabile: Cha Dong Woo (Jung Bo Suk) - Father
    • My Sassy Girl: Gyun Pil Young (Jo Hee Bong) - Father
    • Bridal Mask: Lee Sun (Lee Il Jae) - Father
    • Someone else (Please mention in your comments)
      0
  3. 3. In which drama do you wish that Joo Won’s character should be closer to his dad? (choose as many as you want)

    • Alice
    • My Sassy Girl
      0
    • Yong Pal
      0
    • Naeil’s Cantabile
    • Good Doctor
    • 7th Grade Civil Servant
    • Bridal Mask
      0
    • Ojakgyo Family
    • King of Baking, Kim Takgu

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/2021 at 11:41 AM

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the update @Andrea Balcazar~

 

Here's the link to the article if anyone likes to read it:

http://naver.me/5bX16Wup

spacer.png

 

I was hoping the article might also mention when filming will start but, according to Google trans, it doesn't^^ It's been already two months since Joo Won was confirmed for Carter... hopefully he or his agency will share an update with us soon~ 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • coolreborn

    11648

  • stearly

    5983

  • mrdimples

    4935

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

I just saw some red carpet pics of the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards today and I was washed over by a wave of sadness (not kidding) that Joo Won isn't attending :sad1:

A little while ago, I was looking at photos when he was an MC for the 49th Baeksang Art Awards back in 2013 and I couldn't help but feel sad that he's not there today... and that he wasn't nominated for his acting in Alice.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Calli said:

Acabo de ver algunas fotos de la alfombra roja de los 57th Baeksang Arts Awards hoy y una ola de tristeza (no es broma) me invadió porque Joo Won no asistirá. : triste1:

Hace un rato, estaba mirando fotos cuando él era MC de los 49th Baeksang Art Awards en 2013 y no pude evitar sentirme triste porque no está allí hoy ... y porque no fue nominado por su actuando en Alice.

I was also looking at the carpet and I swear I was angry because Joo Won deserved at least one nomination and for me he was better than one of the actors who was nominated there

9 hours ago, Calli said:

Acabo de ver algunas fotos de la alfombra roja de los 57th Baeksang Arts Awards hoy y una ola de tristeza (no es broma) me invadió porque Joo Won no asistirá. : triste1:

Hace un rato, estaba mirando fotos cuando él era MC de los 49th Baeksang Art Awards en 2013 y no pude evitar sentirme triste porque no está allí hoy ... y porque no fue nominado por su actuando en Alice.

by God his performance was one of the best playing 3 different people in the drama I don't know if he is the only one but I saw that he was nominated for the baeksang art awards in 2013 for his interpretation of park shion but he did not win fie kim soo hyun who won And that if it made me unfair for god he deserved it that kim soo hyun

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

his performance was one of the best playing 3 different people in the drama

 

It really really was... I know we're all biased here since we're Joo Won's fans on this thread but for me who only met Joo Won recently I became such a huge fan mainly through his portrayal of Park Si On and Park Jin Gyeom. I'm happy he got the Producers' Award for his acting in Alice at the SBS Drama Awards last year but I really think he at least deserved a nomination at the Baeksang Awards in the Best Actor TV category too. 

 

@Andrea Balcazar, as far as I know Joo Won wasn't nominated at all at the Baeksang Awards in May 2013. Only for a popularity award and not for his acting in Bridal Mask. Which got fans back then very very upset and frustrated. In fact Bridal Mask didn't get any nominations and there were discussions among fans that this might have had political reasons at the time (due to sensitive relations with Japan). And that picking Joo Won as an MC for the 2013 Baeksang Awards was a way of appeasing fans, him and the whole Bridal Mask team for the nomination "snub". 

Joo Won was nominated in the Best Actor TV category at the Baeksang Awards in 2014 though for his portrayal of Park Si On and I will never understand how he didn't win back then :'( Cho Jae Hyun won instead (Kim Soo Hyun won the Best New Actor award in the Film category back then, while Joo Won had won the Best New Actor in TV award in 2012 for his acting in OB). And thankfully Good Doctor won as the Best Drama. 

 

I came to realize that awards are a lovely bonus but they often don't reflect how worthy or talented an actor is - these terms are subjective of course and to everyone "worthy" means something else... but it doesn't seem very fair and sometimes more like a popularity contest instead of a fair assessment. I'm wondering how Joo Won feels by now about this whole awards business... he had realized very early on how fleeting popularity can be but he was always very proud and very happy about receiving his awards. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was just looking at some nominations to see if I would be nominated for bridal mask but it was not even nominated I think that is because of what you said since there would be problems but I do not think it would have been a problem since I read that joo won instead having hates in japan he got a huge amount of fans i was referring to the nominations ppr good doctor he deserved it more than any actor ahors i think the baeksang awards were fairer than any other year but i keep saying i feel disappointed since They did not nominate joo won but hey I like joo won who once said that popularity comes and goes so he prefers only to act than to be depending on popularity that I like about him over there I have heard that previous years joo won was very famous in korea indonesia and japan

Since I have been following him for a year, I have been waiting for a long time that joo won has more recognition as other actors deserve it, his level of interpretation is the best choose unique characters that actors have not dared to do I hope the carter movie helps him even a little to his popularity and then give him a drama script that is really too good and that people can see

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, sadly, it has only been since early this year that I discovered Joo Won. And only because Good Doctor was finally available on German Netflix and it had been on my to-watch list forever. I was so in awe of him while watching him bring Park Si On to life... and then after watching Alice right after I became even more in awe of him. More so than I've ever been of any other actor before. So that started my Joo Won journey^^ And I somehow started doing a thorough research into his activities from the second half of 2012 onwards and I've only covered about a year so far but it's really really impressive and intimidating how busy he was back then. It was also a time where he gained lots and lots of fans - he got a lot through OB and Bridal Mask, but also through 7th Grade Civilian Servant~ This thread here was abuzz with many many fans posting daily. As was his DC Gallery.

I think from that time (2012) to around the end of 2015 was the height of his popularity... 

And to be honest it makes me sad to think that those days have gone by, so like you @Andrea Balcazar, I'm hoping very much Carter will bring him a much deserved boost in recognition. I know he'll be brilliant in it.

And I also very very much hope he'll come back with a drama soon too - with a character he'll really love, that will challenge him and one he can really sink his teeth into. 

He is so outstandingly gifted. As an actor and a musical performer. And whenever I get sad about things like him not being there at the Baeksang Awards yesterday, or about his fandom having become smaller or less vocal, I remember how his wish always was to become an actor people put their trust in, and an actor who "smells human". And he is without a doubt both already :blush:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Calli said:

I just saw some red carpet pics of the 57th Baeksang Arts Awards today and I was washed over by a wave of sadness (not kidding) that Joo Won isn't attending :sad1:

A little while ago, I was looking at photos when he was an MC for the 49th Baeksang Art Awards back in 2013 and I couldn't help but feel sad that he's not there today... and that he wasn't nominated for his acting in Alice.

 

12 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

by God his performance was one of the best playing 3 different people in the drama I don't know if he is the only one but I saw that he was nominated for the baeksang art awards in 2013 for his interpretation of park shion but he did not win fie kim soo hyun who won And that if it made me unfair for god he deserved it that kim soo hyun

 

Awards in Korea are a ratings game, more often than not: the dramas with the highest ratings or the biggest Hallyu popularity are the ones that tend to win the most awards.

 

So, I knew pretty early on that Alice, as a drama, wouldn't stand much of a chance this time around; however, given that JW did get the Producer's Award for playing Park Jin Gyeom, I did hope that something like a Baeksang nomination would come with it. It didn't happen this time - which is why I knew JW probably wouldn't make an appearance at the awards show at all - but sometimes, that's just life.

 

5 hours ago, Calli said:

It really really was... I know we're all biased here since we're Joo Won's fans on this thread but for me who only met Joo Won recently I became such a huge fan mainly through his portrayal of Park Si On and Park Jin Gyeom. I'm happy he got the Producers' Award for his acting in Alice at the SBS Drama Awards last year but I really think he at least deserved a nomination at the Baeksang Awards in the Best Actor TV category too. 

 

4 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

Since I have been following him for a year, I have been waiting for a long time that joo won has more recognition as other actors deserve it, his level of interpretation is the best choose unique characters that actors have not dared to do I hope the carter movie helps him even a little to his popularity and then give him a drama script that is really too good and that people can see

 

3 hours ago, Calli said:

He is so outstandingly gifted. As an actor and a musical performer. And whenever I get sad about things like him not being there at the Baeksang Awards yesterday, or about his fandom having become smaller or less vocal, I remember how his wish always was to become an actor people put their trust in, and an actor who "smells human". And he is without a doubt both already

 

lol - I've been a fan for six years, but have only been active on this forum for the latter half of it :P 

 

So I've learned to take JW's underratedness (the lack of major Hallyu-scale stardom, the lack of merch when you go to Seoul compared to other idols or actors, etc.) in stride, and sometimes to even cherish it a little. It makes me feel like, as his fans, we've stumbled across some sort of rare treasure: part of me wants to share it with the entire world while another part of me wants to hold it close and keep it hidden so it doesn't depreciate in value.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 12:51 AM, Calli said:

I was hoping the article might also mention when filming will start but, according to Google trans, it doesn't^^ It's been already two months since Joo Won was confirmed for Carter... hopefully he or his agency will share an update with us soon~ 

 

One good thing I do think JW gets from doing films that he doesn't from doing dramas is the chance to really work with mostly veteran actors. I think that, if his goal is to be respected for his acting (rather than looks or star quality), it's a smart choice. He's an "Oppa" now, but he can't stay an "Oppa" forever: time's not stopping for anyone, so the best shot he has, in my opinion, is to be able to establish himself as someone on par with the "Ahjussi" veterans.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Awards in Korea are a ratings game, more often than not: the dramas with the highest ratings or the biggest Hallyu popularity are the ones that tend to win the most awards.

 

Sadly, I've also observed the very same thing... even if it should be about the acting it really is mostly about how popular a drama/movie was... not always but too often. 

I honestly thought Joo Won would be at least nominated at the Baeksang Awards this year but like you said @kittyna, sometimes that's just life :'(

 

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

I've been a fan for six years, but have only been active on this forum for the latter half of it :P 

 

So I've learned to take JW's underratedness (the lack of major Hallyu-scale stardom, the lack of merch when you go to Seoul compared to other idols or actors, etc.) in stride,

 

Oh man, I really hope I'll learn to do the same thing with time. It's definitely better to be able to take it in stride (and even cherish it a little) than to be heartbroken over it~ 

 

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

One good thing I do think JW gets from doing films that he doesn't from doing dramas is the chance to really work with mostly veteran actors. I think that, if his goal is to be respected for his acting (rather than looks or star quality), it's a smart choice. He's an "Oppa" now, but he can't stay an "Oppa" forever

 

I agree that movies offer Joo Won the opportunity to work with more seasoned actors and directors. And since his goal is to act for a long, long time and in his choices of roles he seems to always have been motivated by considerations of how interesting the script is & how challenging his characters are to portray (and less by how popular the project will turn out to be) I think he's on a very good path fulfilling his goal. 

I do think though that he still has quite a while before joining the "ahjussi" ranks (judging how actors like Gong Yoo, Lee Joon Gi and Kim Nam Gil still go by "oppa") :P Even so, to me he's already on par with his sunbaes in re acting. 

And I think the thing about dramas is that it gives actors the chance to really really explore the character they're playing, settle into them and even discover things about themselves and their acting they weren't aware before over the course of 16/20 episodes; in ways that movies might not allow them to do since most movies last 2 hours tops and filming is also considerably shorter. 

Plus, it gives us, the viewers, the chance to see our favorite actors for 2 months twice a week (plus all the interviews and behind-the-scrnes stuff) and, if that hasn't become clear yet, I would looooove that so much because I really miss Joo Won on the small screen. And just more of his presence in general^^

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, 

maybe you already saw this on IG but just in case you didn't, @zu.won_supporters posted that they're planning a fan support project for Joo Won's 11th TV debut anniversary & for Carter  :grin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO39DICtyui/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

 

They posted it in Korean and Japanese but sadly not in English. Here is the papago-combined-with-google translation of their post:

 

"The 11th anniversary of Joo Won's debut on public TV is coming up.
And just in time, he's getting more attention because he's going to star in Netflix's first Korean movie, "Carter."~
so
Joo Won Supporters and Fans with Joo Won~
We're planning a great support in partnership with the world's fandom soon.

 

We ask for a lot of participation from the fans of actor Joo-won.

 

[Actor Joo Won's 11th Anniversary of his Debut, United Support Funding Guide]
Content: 11th Anniversary of Debut & Netflix's First Korean Film "Carter" Support
-Provide a portable fan useful to the film crew and other OOO
Funding amount: KRW 7 million in Korea + &
 The level of support will be adjusted according to the funding amount.
Funding deadline: Until June 10, 2021 5pm KST
Deposit account: SC 100-20-560983 dad
PAYPAL: flowers3504@naver.com
Participant Benefits:
 A gift of a fan gifted to the film crew to all members who deposit 100,000 won or more
 A spot event for depositors is being planned, and guerrilla notices are scheduled."

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I read it but thanks for putting it on the page for others to see it woau I can't believe 11 years since his debut the best would have been better if I had met him a couple of years ago but from now on I will follow him for a long time those who don't know joo won turns 11 in dramas and originally debuted 15 years as he debuted in the group altar boyz

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, Calli said:

Sadly, I've also observed the very same thing... even if it should be about the acting it really is mostly about how popular a drama/movie was... not always but too often. 

 

Well, it's not called an entertainment industry for no reason ;) 

 

Honestly, having only watched a handful of the dramas that got Baeksang nominations (It's Okay to Not Be Okay and My Unfamiliar Family - the latter of which I enjoyed more than the former), I can't really comment on the Best Actor nominees or winner in any concrete sort of way. Especially not in comparison with JW's performance in Alice.

 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, Calli said:

And since his goal is to act for a long, long time and in his choices of roles he seems to always have been motivated by considerations of how interesting the script is & how challenging his characters are to portray (and less by how popular the project will turn out to be) I think he's on a very good path fulfilling his goal. 

 

And that seems to be the running theme with his drama choices for us. The whole "Prince of Ratings" thing, in my opinion, was always a bonus for him rather than a goal: it's just that audiences trusted JW as an actor, so many people would watch whatever he's in in anticipation of a strong performance. :) However, now that I think we can reasonably say that there are a ton of really strong actors in JW's peer group, it's far more level of a playing field, with many carving out niches as being particularly strong in certain genres or for playing certain types of characters.

 

On 5/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, Calli said:

And I think the thing about dramas is that it gives actors the chance to really really explore the character they're playing, settle into them and even discover things about themselves and their acting they weren't aware before over the course of 16/20 episodes; in ways that movies might not allow them to do since most movies last 2 hours tops and filming is also considerably shorter. 

 

That's true. The amount of time allotted to the story in a drama (as opposed to a film) allows writers, directors and actors to really go in depth with their plots and characters. In all fairness, that doesn't always happen (some dramas still end up shallow and one-dimensional as heck), but it's an opportunity that can turn out really awesome if the people involved put the time and effort into that exploration and analysis.

 

JW, at least, does. Now that you've watched Level 7 Civil Servant and Nae Il's Cantabile, you've seen what he can do with roles that really were originally written more as stock characters or caricatures than real people. :coolshades:

 

10 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

those who don't know joo won turns 11 in dramas and originally debuted 15 years as he debuted in the group altar boyz

 

There's no one group called "Altar Boyz" - that's the name of the musical he was in ;) However, I understand what you mean, and yes, it is awesome that he's got four years of prior stage acting under his belt in addition to the eleven on screen :approves:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kittyna said:

Honestly, having only watched a handful of the dramas that got Baeksang nominations (It's Okay to Not Be Okay and My Unfamiliar Family - the latter of which I enjoyed more than the former), I can't really comment on the Best Actor nominees or winner in any concrete sort of way. Especially not in comparison with JW's performance in Alice.

 

Oh, same here. I only watched some of those dramas myself (I thought Lee Joon Gi in Flower of Evil was amazing) and I was meaning to watch Beyond Evil but I haven't come around to it yet (my Joo Won "studies" currently take precedence^^) but I know that it wasn't a big rating's hit. It averaged 4,7% nationwide which is very good for a cable drama but not extraordinary. But Idk... maybe it's the fan in me talking but I really think Joo Won most definitely deserved a nomination based on his acting in Alice. And maybe that's the fan in me talking again but amongst all his peers that I've seen in dramas (and there are quite a few) I still think he stands apart with what he brings to the table. At least to me~ There are some actors amongst his peers that I really like but I don't think I could say there are a "ton" of really strong actors amongst them... at least there haven't been that many that managed to really move me with their performance and make me their fan. There are some that always have me excited when I hear they'll be in a new project but I can't say it compares in any way to the way I've been affected by Joo Won and his acting - he's just so versatile and so committed - body (& voice), heart and soul - and just uniquely gifted to convey such a vast array of emotion and become someone so very different from the person he is in every-day life. I'm just really really really impressed by him, in a way unlike I've ever been before by an actor (duh^^) - hence my being here :lol:

 

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

The whole "Prince of Ratings" thing, in my opinion, was always a bonus for him rather than a goal: it's just that audiences trusted JW as an actor, so many people would watch whatever he's in in anticipation of a strong performance.

 

I agree very much. I don't think it was a goal for him either. Baker King was his very first drama and I remember reading that he said that at the time he didn't really know what 50% ratings meant, until he went outside and was recognized by so many people^^ And during OB he was still a rookie and I think for Gaksital it was more the storyline and the quality of the whole project that initially pulled people in - more so than any trust he might have built as an actor up to that point. (I remember some reporters/bloggers expressing worry as to whether Joo Won could pull of this title role). 

From what I read it was during Gaksital that many people developed that trust in Joo Won (which is so remarkable considering it was only his third drama and he was so young at the time) and many even went back and watched his previous dramas (if they hadn't already). Imo part of the reason the initial ratings for 7th GCS were so good was people's trust in Joo Won's acting and his choice of projects up to that point...

I feel the whole "ratings' prince" thing even caused him a bit of pressure by the time 7th Grade started airing. He kept being asked about his "impeccable" record, both when the drama started airing and when the ratings had dropped, and from what he said I kinda think he might have been a little relieved to break said impeccable record and walk the path of a "normal actor". I'll quote what he said about ratings to reporters he met in Morning Calm Village on March 9, 2013, after 7th GCS had ended:

 

 "I feel sorry about the ratings but I don′t feel as sorry as I thought I would feel. When the ratings for my previous pieces were high and 7th Grade Civil Servant also got high ratings, I thought I was very fortunate. Staff would joke about how my pieces all have high ratings. I thought I would feel heavy if the ratings fell, but I didn't feel much when it actually did fall. I just thought ′so it fell′, and that was it. I didn't lose heart in any way either. I think I was able to set aside thoughts about the ratings because the actors were happy on set." & "Now I feel like I'm walking the steps of a normal actor." (“이제야 정상적인 배우의 행보를 걷는 것 같다”) (sources: https://web.archive.org/web/20130510164857/http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=34172#

http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?artid=201304100800005&code=960801)

 

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

The amount of time allotted to the story in a drama (as opposed to a film) allows writers, directors and actors to really go in depth with their plots and characters. In all fairness, that doesn't always happen (some dramas still end up shallow and one-dimensional as heck), but it's an opportunity that can turn out really awesome if the people involved put the time and effort into that exploration and analysis.

 

Agree 100%. Here is me hoping that Joo Won's next drama will be of the deep, thoroughly-thought-out and multi-dimensional kind... his acting always shines, no matter how deep or meaningful the writing, just like you said:

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

JW, at least, does. Now that you've watched Level 7 Civil Servant and Nae Il's Cantabile, you've seen what he can do with roles that really were originally written more as stock characters or caricatures than real people. 

 

But I think an actor can really soar when great writing & directing provide him with the frame he/she needs to realize his/her full potential. It's like the most gifted sculptor being given porous marble or a bad chisel & mallet to work with. He/She'll still create something remarkable, especially compared to less gifted sculptors, but it still won't be the same result he/she would have had with good material & tools in their hands. I don't know if the comparison holds 100% but what I'm saying is that a great drama is always the result of good writing and good directing and good acting~ 

I have no doubt whatsoever about the last part when it comes to Joo Won's projects, so I'm just hoping the first two ingredients will be good as well - for Carter and his next drama. Which hopefully will be announced some time soon :Please:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kittyna said:

There's no one group called "Altar Boyz" - that's the name of the musical he was in ;) However, I understand what you mean, and yes, it is awesome that he's got four years of prior stage acting under his belt in addition to the eleven on screen 

There's no one group called "Altar Boyz" - that's the name of the musical he was in ;) However, I understand what you mean, and yes, it is awesome that he's got four years of prior stage acting under his belt in addition to the eleven on screen 

 

really in the writer that i have seen the most potential to do very good dramas is the goblin writer mr sunshine and descendant of the sun i really hope she offers a role to joo won since she has always done very good and successful dramas or the of good doctor with the writer that I work also made vicenzo which is a good drama also has good ideas
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, @Andrea Balcazarare you a fan of writer Kim Eun-sook? 

I think I'm one of the very very few people who didn't enjoy the few dramas I've watched that were penned by her *hides*

I've just never ever liked any of the romantic storylines in her dramas. Or any of her female leads.

The Heirs - I'm not even sure what to say about this drama except that at the time I liked Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin and if it hadn't been for either one of them I would have stopped by episode 3 or 4 at the latest^^ *hides again* 

Descendants of the Sun - it was hyped so much when I started watching k-drama so I decided to watch and then wondered the whole time what the big deal was. The only thing I really enjoyed about the drama were the Greek landscapes and the second male lead. Plus the bromance. 

Which brings me to my last Kim Eun Sook drama I actually watched through: Goblin. The bromance I really loved, the love story on the other hand made me feel very very uncomfortable. 

I tried watching The King: Eternal Monarch but didn't make it past episode 5...

I know her dramas are mostly huge, huge hits and actors in them are either already very popular or get even more popular after, but storyline and character wise her writing doesn't reach my heart, or mind. At least based on the dramas of hers I've watched. 

Not that that matters. If Joo Won ever wanted to act in one of her dramas and was cast in it I'd definitely give her the benefit of the doubt, trust his choice and hope for the very best. And most definitely watch to the very end^^ 

 

I have a question maybe someone can help with since you've all been Joo Won fans so much longer than me. 

I was roaming Joo Won's DC Gallery and stumbled upon this really really lovely video of Joo Won singing Lee Juck's "It's Fortunate" (presumably a loooong time ago), but there was no context provided. Does anyone know when and where that was? 

https://m.dcinside.com/board/joowon/148587

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calli said:

Tengo una pregunta con la que quizás alguien pueda ayudar, ya que todos ustedes han sido fanáticos de Joo Won por mucho más tiempo que yo. 

Estaba deambulando por la DC Gallery de Joo Won y me encontré con este video realmente encantador de Joo Won cantando "It's Fortunate" de Lee Juck (presumiblemente hace muuucho tiempo), pero no se proporcionó ningún contexto. ¿Alguien sabe cuándo y dónde fue eso? 

The video is when he sang in musicals and it seems that here he was in a fan meeting, he was reading things from joo won and they told me that before acting in dramas he ate with his fans after the musicals ended he was so close to his fans

1 hour ago, Calli said:

Eres fan de la escritora Kim Eun-sook? 

Creo que soy una de las pocas personas que no disfrutó de los pocos dramas que he visto que fueron escritos por ella * hides *

Nunca me ha gustado ninguna de las historias románticas de sus dramas. O cualquiera de sus protagonistas femeninas.

The Heirs : ni siquiera estoy seguro de qué decir sobre este drama, excepto que en ese momento me gustaban Lee Min Ho y Kim Woo Bin y si no hubiera sido por alguno de ellos, me habría detenido en el episodio 3 o 4. a más tardar ^^ * se esconde de nuevo * 

Descendants of the Sun : se promocionó tanto cuando comencé a ver k-drama, así que decidí verlo y luego me pregunté todo el tiempo cuál era el problema. Lo único que realmente disfruté del drama fueron los paisajes griegos y el segundo protagonista masculino. Además del bromance. 

Lo que me lleva a mi último drama de Kim Eun Sook que vi: Goblin . El bromance que realmente amé, la historia de amor, por otro lado, me hizo sentir muy, muy incómodo. 

Intenté ver The King: Eternal Monarch pero no pasé del episodio 5 ...

Sé que sus dramas son en su mayoría grandes, grandes éxitos y los actores en ellos ya son muy populares o se vuelven aún más populares después, pero la historia y el carácter sabio que su escritura no llega a mi corazón o mente. Al menos basado en los dramas de ella que he visto. 

No es que eso importe. Si Joo Won alguna vez quisiera actuar en uno de sus dramas y fuera elegido para él, definitivamente le daría el beneficio de la duda, confiaría en su elección y esperaría lo mejor. Y definitivamente mira hasta el final ^^

You should give him the opportunity to see mr sunshine since it is the same about bridal mask about the Japanese era that is why I gave myself the opportunity to see his other works and they never disappoint I think they are my kind of dramas but hey I could say that descendants of the sun do not I liked it a lot but I liked his other productions a lot

14 minutes ago, Calli said:

Me siento un poco acosador al publicar esto, pero como estamos pasando por un período tan seco de Joo-Won-news, aquí va ^^

 

Leaderswithus_hulk acaba de publicar el itinerario de hoy en su historia de IG (parece que el pobre ni siquiera tuvo tiempo para comer, yendo de una sesión a la siguiente) y Joo Won tuvo una sesión de entrenamiento hoy a las 6 pm KST. Definitivamente está vivo y bien entonces ~~

 

poor joo won's coach doesn't have time to rest and it seems that joo wpn lately kind of is very busy that he chooses the afternoon schedule normally he said that he trains during the morning one of the possibilities that I think is busy is that he is already recording Or is he training in action school because of how difficult the action scenes are I really hope that joo won stays well and does not suffer any incidents since he is going to do all the action scenes in the movie and I really hope that the movie be a success since surely he will give his full potential and on my part I will help him in the entire page of dramas promoting his film so that they see it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

The video is when he sang in musicals and it seems that here he was in a fan meeting, he was reading things from joo won and they told me that before acting in dramas he ate with his fans after the musicals ended he was so close to his fans

 

I thought it must be during his pre-TV-debut musical days, too, but I thought maybe someone remembered something a little more specific. I don't know what you mean with "he was reading things from joo won" @Andrea Balcazarbut thank you so much for replying.

 

Yes, from what I've read and seen so far he seems to have been really close to his fans during his musical days. Must have been so lovely to have discovered him back then and be able to show him support~ I'm sure Joo Won appreciated his early fans a whole lot. I remember finding this really sweet video from his Altar Boyz days where his fans threw him a little party to congratulate him for his last performance. He looked so happy and moved in it :') 

(I can't find the original source anymore so I uploaded it on gdrive for anyone who wants to watch)

 

17 hours ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

poor joo won's coach doesn't have time to rest and it seems that joo wpn lately kind of is very busy

 

He must be very busy... at least that's what I'm guessing too^^ No way for us to know what he's up to these days... unless he updates us. Maybe he will one of these days? A vlive would be amazing but I'd be happy about any sort of update - I've adopted the "beggars can't be choosers" mentality when it comes to Joo Won updates :lol: *cries*

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Calli said:

He must be very busy... at least that's what I'm guessing too^^ No way for us to know what he's up to these days... unless he updates us. Maybe he will one of these days? A vlive would be amazing but I'd be happy about any sort of update - I've adopted the "beggars can't be choosers" mentality when it comes to Joo Won updates :lol: *cries*

 

I mean, I mean that I'm reading things about joo won and then I found out what I told you that he was very close to his first fans

6 hours ago, Calli said:

I don't know what you mean with "he was reading things from joo won" @Andrea Balcazarbut thank you so much for replying.

the time has really come that I miss him a lot the same thing happened to me when I was waiting for his drama alice I hope joo won gets much more active as he was lately he is very inactive

7 hours ago, Calli said:

Ya no puedo encontrar la fuente original, así que la cargué en gdrive para cualquiera que quiera verla

thanks for the video that cute joo won with his chubby face at that time and he was the leader of the musical altar boyz right?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

the time has really come that I miss him a lot the same thing happened to me when I was waiting for his drama alice I hope joo won gets much more active as he was lately he is very inactive

 

Same :'( I really miss him a lot, too. I totally understand that he can't be as active as he used to be in his 20s (both with projects and on social media) but I'm hoping so badly he would come back soon with a drama (if his filming schedule for Carter allows) and that he'd just say a quick "hello" sometimes via IG or tiktok or vlive or twitter (though he seems to have completely abandoned that one) or weibo - I'm really not picky^^. I keep saying that the thing that matters most is that he's healthy and happy - whether we hear from him often or very rarely. But I can't help but envy the fans who got to experience the more "active" Joo Won~

 

1 hour ago, Andrea Balcazar said:

thanks for the video that cute joo won with his chubby face at that time and he was the leader of the musical altar boyz right?

You're welcome :relaxed: Yes! He played "Matthew" in Altar Boyz, who, based on what Joo Won has said in interviews about his role in the musical, is the leader of the group. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Calli said:

You're welcome :relaxed: Yes! He played "Matthew" in Altar Boyz, who, based on what Joo Won has said in interviews about his role in the musical, is the leader of the group. 

He really has been very talented both in acting and singing since as you said he was the leader but the others were much older than him and I am really looking for videos of him in those times but I don't find much

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..