Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Making his return after three years to the small screen since his military discharge, Joo Won is expected to showcase his exceptional acting skills through SBS drama 'Alice'

Joo-Won (Park Jin-gyeom) chose 'Alice' as a return to small screen after three years of military service. In particular, Park Jin-gyeom, who he plays in the drama, is a character who is inherently apathetic. Because he is actor Joo Won who has captured the public by acting with relatively high-level characters through various works, his attention is focused on how he can draw emotionless characters through 'Alice'.

Among these, on the 6th, 'Alice' production team unveiled the stills of the shooting scene that shows the character characteristics of JooWon in the drama. The power of JooWon, which takes the viewer's attention and makes the viewer immerse himself in his acting... 

In the photo, Joowon is sitting alone on the railing in a school uniform. Sit crouched down as if anything had happened, but it never seems to be in fear. Rather, his eyes are bright and his face is intense. He is curious and curious about what situation he is in, what he is thinking and what he is feeling. 

Along with this, JooWon acting amazed everyone. Earlier, the production of 'Alice' mentioned that Park Jin-gyeom, a congenital apathy, is a challenge to an actor. Because it is necessary to draw the psychological change of the character according to the situation without exposing dramatic emotions. However, in the photo, JooWon shows all the situations and psychology of the character by using all means of eyes, facial expressions, and gestures. Expectations must be drawn to JooWon's acting in 'Alice'.

In this regard, the production team of 'Alice' said, “As JooWon returned to the small screen in three years, he immersed himself in 'Alice' with the best of his ability. Thanks to this, the character Park Jin-gyeom, a congenital apathy that is possible only because of JooWon, was completed. It will instantly capture viewers and get interest into the drama. We ask for your interest and expectations.”

Following the intense action and charisma, JooWon showed a perfect digestion of even a difficult character.  Looking forward to seeing the magical story of the actor Joo Won, who meets Kim Hee-seon, and tells a magical story.

First episode will air August 28 at 10PMKST

Source :  

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/311/0001185231

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

The production team of “Alice” commented, “Joo Won’s character Park Jin Gyeom is a character who was born apathetic and slowly changes throughout the story development. It is an impossible role to portray without thorough character analysis and delicate expressions. Joo Won was able to pull this off with his intense passion. In addition, you will be able to see Joo Won’s action scenes, which have become more powerful since his discharge from the military. Please look forward to the drama.”

7 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

Along with this, JooWon acting amazed everyone. Earlier, the production of 'Alice' mentioned that Park Jin-gyeom, a congenital apathy, is a challenge to an actor. Because it is necessary to draw the psychological change of the character according to the situation without exposing dramatic emotions. However, in the photo, JooWon shows all the situations and psychology of the character by using all means of eyes, facial expressions, and gestures. Expectations must be drawn to JooWon's acting in 'Alice'.

I see. So whereas a show like Gaksital showcased how "big" JW can get as an emotive actor, Alice is really going to be about subtlety: how could JW show what Park Jin Gyeom is feeling (or at least thinking) while still scaling back enough that he's got congenital apathy (which, the more I see of it now, makes me think more of a neurological issue than a psychological one - i.e. not so much an inability to feel, but an inability to process or express those feelings).

Sounds good :) 

9 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I must say, this felt less stressful than previous scattegories, maybe it's because food is involved

Well, this one's just supposed to be lighthearted and fun :) Some replies to your responses, and then I'll share mine. Also @mystylee33, feel free to jump in at any time. I think these are more fun with more people involved.

Kim Tae-Hyun, when you have a wife like Han Yeo Jin , you are bound to do such things (romantic)

lol - You just gave me a really cute mental image there. Kim Tae Hyun does have a hidden romantic side, and I can definitely see Yeo Jin liking that sort of thing :fullofhearts:

But, I will play along. It'll be park si-on, we is like always eating in the drama and also he a doctor, so no matter how much food he has it'll burner out because of running from pillar to post to help the patients

lol - So...he eats a ton, but he also burns it all off? ;) 

Cha yoo Jin and Kim tae Hyun, again going with my instincts, no particular reason

So Cha Yoo Jin's not just a sleep-deprived grumpy cat, but a hungry sleep-deprived grumpy cat? Yikes! :fear: But I do have to say that that's quite accurate ;) 

And now, here are my answers:

1. The biggest caffeine addict - Cha Yoo Jin

Okay, to be fair, most K-drama characters are caffeine addicts by default - since that's so common now in Korean society as a whole - but out of the characters in JW's dramas, I'm with @kireeti2 on this one. He's the sort of person who'd stay up all night working and then order something obscenely strong at the coffee shop the next morning. 

Fun fact re: Seolleim in Salzburg - I did originally have a moment where, while preparing for a Rising Star concert, Yoo Jin tries to send Nae Il to get him a red eye (or maybe even a black eye), but then I realized his mom would probably kill him first (while she opened a coffee shop specifically to keep tabs on him, she also ironically doesn't like that he drinks so much of it). So that got changed to a double espresso...and his mom switching out his order for an Americano behind his back.

2. The one who thinks he/she can cook - but who actually sucks at it - Han Gil Ro

We actually see this in the drama, when he tries to cook dinner for Kim Seo Won. His prep skills were really good, but he was surprised to discover that the food didn't actually taste so great. In his defence, though, he explains that he learned how to cook while doing his enlistment, where the guys are hungry enough that they'll eat anything :P 

It also did cross my mind to put Han Do Joon here (even though I ultimately went the safer route with Gil Ro). We do see him hosting this elaborate barbeque party in Yong Pal, and he gives off such an intimidating vibe that I thought, "What if he actually can't cook, but everyone's just too scared of him to say so?" Just a random thought.

3. The one who is most likely to treat his/her partner with breakfast in bed - Baek Ja Eun

I just think she's the sort of girl who'd do something sweet like this. We see her doing that for her dad and stepmother in the beginning of Ojakgyo Brothers (even if her attempts failed), so I think that she'd try to do that for Hwang Tae Hui at least once. Mind you, she'd have to fight her in-laws for a chance in the kitchen, but provided she could actually get in there first thing in the morning....yeah :) 

4. The biggest spice fiend (i.e. the one who'd like spicy food the most or who could tolerate the spiciest) - Hye Myung

We don't see it explicitly in My Sassy Girl, but we do see that she's the type who's up for trying literally everything, and even seems to enjoy the challenge of trying something more extreme. So if, just by some stretch of the imagination, we put her into the 21st century...yeah, I think she'd definitely be game.

5. The one who is most likely to get the K-drama "street food makeover" (i.e. a rich/upper class character who tries street food for the first time and loves it) - Han Yeo Jin

We actually see this happen to Gyun Woo in My Sassy Girl, so I went with a more imaginative response. Yeo Jin seems to be genuinely curious about Tae Hyun's world and the things that were familiar to him; and we do see him teasing her about always wanting "common" foods like doenjang-jjigae or bibimbap when they go out. So why not street food as well?

6. The best home cook - Cha Yoo Jin

If we're talking about main leads, this is pretty self-explanatory. However, if I were to provide a back-up answer based on, say, the characters' moms, I think a decent argument can be made for Park Bok Ja (the mom in Ojakgyo Brothers) as well :) 

7. The one who is most likely to treat his/her partner to dinner at a high-end restaurant - Lee Yoon Hoo

Wait, what?

I'll be honest - I was inspired by this article when I came up with this particular prompt, which describes this as something Yoon Hoo might do. So why do I agree with it? Because when push comes to shove, Yoon Hoo is the male lead out of all the ones we see in JW's dramas who's most likely to go the old-fashioned route when it comes to romance - you know, the whole dinner-and-a-movie sort of date. It's too bad he's stuck with an unrequited crush on Nae Il (in both the drama and my fics), but I can imagine that this is the sort of thing he'd want to do if he ever had the chance.

8. The pickiest eater (you decide what counts as "picky") - Gu Ma Jun

Again, this is something that's more from my imagination than from the drama itself, but I see Ma Jun as being the sort of person who was brought up to have a very refined palate due to his social class. However, unlike some of the other chaebol heir characters we see (e.g. Cha Yoo Jin, Han Yeo Jin, etc.), he's not particularly open to broadening his horizons either. Instead, I think he's the sort of person who knows what he likes, expects a certain standard, and doesn't stray from it all that much.

9. The one who is most likely to gain weight from eating too much - Seol Nae Il

With a boyfriend like Cha Yoo Jin, perhaps this is to be expected - so I'll just leave it at that ;) 

10. The one who is most likely to skip meals when stressed/busy/etc. - Cha Yoo Jin

While most of the characters will show this tendency due to having really busy jobs (e.g. cops, doctors, etc.) where you literally can't stop to eat for hours at a time, I think Yoo Jin is the one who's most likely to skip meals as a matter of choice. It's not healthy - and we see his mom fussing over him because of this - but that's simply how I see him behaving if he's got a really busy schedule...or a bad mental health day. :anguished:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, kittyna said:

So Cha Yoo Jin's not just a sleep-deprived grumpy cat, but a hungry sleep-deprived grumpy cat? Yikes! 

I don't know if you are being sarcastic here or you are really surprised:joy:

14 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Lee Yoon Hoo

If Lee yoon Hoo had a partner in the drama I would have gone with him, but he ended up single. :tongue:

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

when he tries to cook dinner for Kim Seo Won. His prep skills were really good, but he was surprised to discover that the food didn't actually taste so great. In his defence, though, he explains that he learned how to cook while doing his enlistment, where the guys are hungry enough that they'll eat anything :P 

Omg, did you just watch all the 9 dramas of Joo won and then answered the questions? It didn't even strike me that other characters of Joo won were also able to cook , like, I thought to choose Si-on, but he admitted that his cooking sucks :joy:

19 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Park Bok Ja (the mom in Ojakgyo Brothers) as well :) 

Well, mom's are by default best cooks(I have my doubts aboy Ma Jim's mother), so. I thought choosing a mother from the drama would be an insult to other mothers

21 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Hye Myung

Yeah, I totally forgot about princess Hye Kyung and her love  for spicy chicken feets :joy:

22 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Baek Ja Eun

I think she might do it while they are living in USA for studies and intership. Back in Korea it's impossible and she might put family first before her relationship, at least in making food

8 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

I think we will get to see fusing of Joo won's acting from "Bridal Mask, Good Doctor and Ojakgyo brothers", and action scenes from "Yong Pal"

• Like 3

New picture updates from JW - Looks like he's got some time off :) 

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

If Lee yoon Hoo had a partner in the drama I would have gone with him, but he ended up single.

Hm...what would happen if he did actually try doing that for Nae Il? :naughty:

Omg, did you just watch all the 9 dramas of Joo won and then answered the questions? It didn't even strike me that other characters of Joo won were also able to cook , like, I thought to choose Si-on, but he admitted that his cooking sucks

No, I just have a memory that is bizarrely like Park Si On's in terms of the random bits and pieces it'd remember :P 

Well, mom's are by default best cooks(I have my doubts aboy Ma Jim's mother), so. I thought choosing a mother from the drama would be an insult to other mothers

I think, if it comes down to the mothers of JW's drama characters...yeah, Ma Jun's mother is the least likely to actually cook anything herself. Even some of the others who have servants/household staff (e.g. Han Gil Ro's mother, Gyun Woo's mother, etc.) I could imagine at least participating in the cooking to some extent. And then, of course, there are the actual home cooks, some better than others.

I think we will get to see fusing of Joo won's acting from "Bridal Mask, Good Doctor and Ojakgyo brothers", and action scenes from "Yong Pal"

That's...quite an eclectic mix you've got there. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and going back to your earlier response about Nae Il being bad at cooking...yeah, I can see that, too. (Sorry - didn't get around to replying to that sooner)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I don't know if you are being sarcastic here or you are really surprised:joy:

If Lee yoon Hoo had a partner in the drama I would have gone with him, but he ended up single. :tongue:

Omg, did you just watch all the 9 dramas of Joo won and then answered the questions? It didn't even strike me that other characters of Joo won were also able to cook , like, I thought to choose Si-on, but he admitted that his cooking sucks :joy:

Yeah, I totally forgot about princess Hye Kyung and her love  for spicy chicken feets :joy:

I think she might do it while they are living in USA for studies and intership. Back in Korea it's impossible and she might put family first before her relationship, at least in making food

Same feeling haha!  Everytime there is new stills character of Park Jin Gyeom I always feel the same vibe from his previous roles.  I'm sure he will pull off a different role this time even it's the same type before. Joo Won is ready to showcase his exceptional acting skills in Alice... I couldn't wait for that,  though I notice a little something to SBS having a lacked of promos or it's just me that it's only first week of the month and excited hehe I'm expecting more news about his drama. Fans are always ahead of updating it. ;)

And by the way, i heard Alice is still in progress of filming. I hope they are safe and will continue to end filming the last scenes. Kim Hee-sun's last part was shoot in Seoul, but Joo Won's part still remains. Filming is about to take place in a specific area of Seoul, but it is impossible to film because it is constantly raining. It was difficult to switch to a set, so it was only a week to postpone. The crew is in a position to shoot until next week if the heavy rain continues it will be move again. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mystylee33 said:

Same feeling haha!  Everytime there is new stills character of Park Jin Gyeom I always feel the same vibe from his previous roles.  I'm sure he will pull off a different role this time even it's the same type before. Joo Won is ready to showcase his exceptional acting skills in Alice.

That's what I like about Joo won's acting, he always brings best from his past drama and new angle for his every new drama. Like, he is really good at acting intense roles, which is common for most of his drama, but he can also act innocent roles as well. So, there is always new elements in his acting for his every new drama and also he maintains his past role angles

21 minutes ago, mystylee33 said:

I notice a little something to SBS having a lacked of promos or it's just me that it's only first week

I think this lack of promotion is blessing in disguise:joy:, SBS has done tones of promotions for dramas like "The king of Eternal Monarch and Back street Rookie" both ended up as lowest rated dramas of SBS. But, drama like "Dr. Romantic 2 and Hot stove league" were able to corss 15% rating ceiling and Dr. Romantic 2 clocked at 27% due to its previous series success. Both of these dramas had virtually no promotion from SBS. I guess, excessive promotion is counter productive and can effect ratings

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

what would happen if he did actually try doing that for Nae Il? :naughty:

She will bring her whole squad with her and Lee Yoon Hoo will end up with one big fat bill which will exceed his credit card limit, since it's an expensive resturant and cha yoo Jin would enjoy that sight and he'll give a smirk to Lee Yoon Hoo "That he knew this would happen"
:joy::joy:

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

No, I just have a memory that is bizarrely like Park Si On's in terms of the random bits and pieces it'd remember :P 

Lol, Another genius like park si-on:tongue:, I am pretty sure you'll be bad at cooking just like him :joy:

• Like 2

promotion video of Alice by Joo won and Kim Hee Seo, don't know the context of the video due to language barrier.

This is the issue with SBS or any free to air channels of Korean. If it were "TVn or JTBC", they would have added English subtitles to their every promotion videos :crymeme:

Vlog of kim Hee seo on Alice set . I must confess I was barely able to recognise Joo won in the video. Like, he was looking very young in the video, and at the last of the video in white t shirt I thought it was some young actor in his early 20's.

It was funny to hear that Kim Hee seo was calling him "Oppa" :joy: I couldn't stop laughing when ever I play that part

• Like 2

promotion video of Alice by Joo won and Kim Hee Seo, don't know the context of the video due to language barrier.

This is the issue with SBS or any free to air channels of Korean. If it were "TVn or JTBC", they would have added English subtitles to their every promotion videos

Found the video on YouTube, so I'll also embed it here:

From what I could tell, JW's reading out messages sent by fans - and, going by his reactions, most of them are really...let's just say, thirsty :lol: Whatever it is, they're making him cringe and Kim Hee Sun laugh, so....

And then the little preview at the end shows that the tables will end up getting turned, once it's Kim Hee Sun reading out the messages. ;) 

lol - I wasn't expecting that "OPPA!!!" moment either :lol: Also, the last bit with the true/false game, I was expecting Kim Hee Sun to keep trying until JW gets shocked at least once (the shocks are apparently random, so it would have happened sooner or later).

By the way, after watching these two videos...I get the sense that JW and Kim Hee Sun are really different in terms of personality - like...she's way bubblier and just more all-around extroverted than I thought she'd be. And that's part of what makes the on-set atmosphere so much fun.

10 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

I notice a little something to SBS having a lacked of promos or it's just me that it's only first week of the month and excited hehe I'm expecting more news about his drama. Fans are always ahead of updating it.

I think this lack of promotion is blessing in disguise:joy:, SBS has done tones of promotions for dramas like "The king of Eternal Monarch and Back street Rookie" both ended up as lowest rated dramas of SBS. But, drama like "Dr. Romantic 2 and Hot stove league" were able to corss 15% rating ceiling and Dr. Romantic 2 clocked at 27% due to its previous series success. Both of these dramas had virtually no promotion from SBS. I guess, excessive promotion is counter productive and can effect ratings

Hopefully, it means that SBS is finally realizing that they need to take these comeback dramas more seriously, and not just rely on the hype around them being comebacks to carry the ratings. That might have worked for Descendants of the Sun (and I've suspected that drama producers have simply been trying to follow that formula ever since), but it's not a guarantee.

That's what I like about Joo won's acting, he always brings best from his past drama and new angle for his every new drama. Like, he is really good at acting intense roles, which is common for most of his drama, but he can also act innocent roles as well. So, there is always new elements in his acting for his every new drama and also he maintains his past role angles

I think that's what tells us he's serious as an actor - not that others aren't (ideally, this would be universal), but just that he is. JW's always looking to build on and improve from his past acting experiences, so I think he'll end up among the ranks of respected veteran actors someday.

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

She will bring her whole squad with her and Lee Yoon Hoo will end up with one big fat bill which will exceed his credit card limit, since it's an expensive resturant and cha yoo Jin would enjoy that sight and he'll give a smirk to Lee Yoon Hoo "That he knew this would happen"

Or, if nothing else, she'd insist on bringing Cha Yoo Jin along at least...and poor Yoon Hoo winds up as the third wheel anyway.

[EDIT] Okay, I was freaking out about splitting this over two posts...and then Soompi automatically merged them. So thanks to whoever came up with that new feature!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, after watching these two videos...I get the sense that JW and Kim Hee Sun are really different in terms of personality - like...she's way bubblier and just more all-around extroverted than I thought she'd be. And that's part of what makes the on-set atmosphere so much fun.

Yeah, they both are polar opposite. Like, kim Hee seo was like constantly laughing and having funn, while Joo won was sort of reserved and I think he was enjoying his moments in his own way. And I think this is the second he was paired with an extrovert actress, first was Oh Yeon seo. While his previous female leads were also open and extrovert in some way, but I find these two to be hyper in nature when compared to others . And Kim Hee seo is naturally free around Joo won because of the age and their prior meetings, and also, because of her outgoing personality

• Like 2

Yeah, they both are polar opposite. Like, kim Hee seo was like constantly laughing and having funn, while Joo won was sort of reserved and I think he was enjoying his moments in his own way. And I think this is the second he was paired with an extrovert actress, first was Oh Yeon seo. While his previous female leads were also open and extrovert in some way, but I find these two to be hyper in nature when compared to others . And Kim Hee seo is naturally free around Joo won because of the age and their prior meetings, and also, because of her outgoing personality

It feels like they became friends in the process of filming, which is really nice :) 

I do think that JW's female co-stars are generally more outgoing than he is, but I'm like you in thinking that Oh Yeon Seo and Kim Hee Sun particularly stand out in that regard.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kittyna said:

So I know now that the cards they're reading are compliments sent in by fans - but I still don't have much of a clue what was said to either of them.

One compliment was about his dimples(P.S - I was talking about Joo won's compliment video, I didn't see that it was kim Hee seo's compliment video)

Teaser 4 of Alice, it's about Kim Hee Seo character

And for some reason I am not able to directly paste the video URL , I guess the embedding of the url is not allowed on mobile phone browsers :crymeme:

• Like 2

Teaser 4 of Alice, it's about Kim Hee Seo character

And for some reason I am not able to directly paste the video URL , I guess the embedding of the url is not allowed on mobile phone browsers

The URL you posted seems to be different from the usual YouTube video URL - there's an "m" before youtube.com there, but I don't know how that happened.

Anyway, let me try, then:

I do have to admit that, despite knowing the seriousness of the situation, I cracked up when Park Jin Gyeom just straight-up asked Tae Yi if she'd ever had a son (as demonstrated by this English subtitled version here):lol:  It's like, "As if she'd know what her future - i.e. we're not even there yet - self does back in the past - if she's your mom at all, boy!"

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

It's like, "As if she'd know what her future - i.e. we're not even there yet - self does back in the past - if she's your mom at all, boy!"

Each teaser is making drama unpredictable, like we know the story but we don't know how it's going to unfold :crazily:

I guess next teaser is going to be about second lead aka Park Jin Gyeom's father

• Like 2

I'm glad someone made an Instagram post with these two shots from the recent Alice teaser - it's one of my favourite visual juxtapositions so far, seeing the teenage and adult versions of Park Jin Gyeom one right after the other. 

Otherwise, though, it looks like we're in a bit of a lull again between Alice- and Ghost-related updates, and I'm still in the planning stages of my next fanfic, so no previews to share there either. So, just to pass the time, I'm setting yet another Musical/Drama Character Challenge

This time, though, I'm doing it differently.

1. First of all, rather than asking for characters and then finding songs to match, I'm putting the songs out and inviting ideas for which characters they might work with.  
  2. Secondly, I'm grouping the songs into three general groups: guys, girls, and pairs (couples and otherwise). So this time, it's the guys, then next time, it's the girls, etc.
  3. Thirdly, given past feedback on just how challenging this is, I'm only requiring myself to have answers for all the prompts - anyone else can just answer for however many prompts they want. I will also (to make this easier for anyone who wants to join in) provide a short hint about how the song works in context (e.g. what's going on in the story, what the original character's feeling, etc.).

So, really, rather than a game/challenge, this is more just a behind-the-scenes glimpse into my own creative process. But again, anyone is welcome to jump in at any point - who knows? You might give me some ideas :) 

Spoiler

Musical/Drama Character Challenge: Guys

Listen to each of these musical theatre numbers, and answer the question: which GUY from JW's dramas does this remind me of, and why?

By "guy", I mean ANY male character: lead, supporting, extra-without-a-name, doesn't matter. Just any guy. Also, there are no right or wrong answers here - my hope is to accumulate as many different possibilities as I can :) 

1. "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Miserables (Lyrics)

Musical character: Marius

Context: The sole survivor from a failed armed rebellion mourns for the friends and comrades who died

2. "Her Voice" from The Little Mermaid (Lyrics)

Musical character: Prince Eric

Context: A young man falls in love with a woman after hearing her singing (so...love at first listen?)

3. "Mr. Cellophane" from Chicago (Lyrics)

Musical character: Amos

Context: A man reflects on how he's constantly ignored or pushed aside by everyone around him, including his more-famous wife

4. "Why Does She Love Me?" from Love Never Dies (Lyrics)

Musical character: Raoul

Context: A man reflects on his failing marriage as he attempts to drown his sorrows at a bar; he runs into a friend who offers him some rather strange advice

5. "Me" from Beauty and the Beast (Lyrics)

Musical character: Gaston

Context: The most popular (and - let's be real - infuriatingly sexist) man in town attempts to confess to the girl he likes...by bragging about how awesome he is. Epic fail ensues :P (Hey, after the past few angsty ones, I wanted to have something completely random and comical in here, too.)

6. "Endless Night" from The Lion King (Lyrics)

Musical character: Simba

Context: A young lion (for our purposes, a young man) wishes he still had his deceased father around to guide him through life's challenges - but, even in his sadness, he finds the strength inside himself to go on

7. "With a Little Bit of Luck" from My Fair Lady (Lyrics)

Musical character: Alfie

Context: A man brags to his friends about his rather blase approach to life, where one can get away with anything with enough luck on one's side

8. "Hurricane" from Hamilton

Musical character: Hamilton

Context: Pushed into a corner by a looming scandal, a man draws inspiration from how his quick wit and skills as a writer (more specifically: political essayist) have helped him survive adversity over the years

Again, I will try to think up ideas for all eight prompts, but anyone who wants to participate can do as many or as few as they want, depending on where inspiration strikes. Have fun! :) 

• Like 1

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Are So Close, Yet So Far Apart In Main Poster For Upcoming Sc-Fi Drama “Alice”

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun are shining in the main poster for upcoming SBS drama “Alice”!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a scientist who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

Joo Won’s character Park Jin Gyeom is a strong and charismatic detective who was born apathetic. His one and only goal is to catch the culprit who killed his mother when he was in high school. Then one day, he unexpectedly meets Yoon Tae Yi, who bores an uncanny resemblance to his late mother. Despite the fact that she may not be his mother, he vows to keep her safe.

Kim Hee Sun’s character Yoon Tae Yi is a physics professor at Hankook University who finished calculus at the age of six and entered the department of physics at the young age of 15. She is a bold scientist with an overflowing passion, strong pride, outspoken personality, and confident charm. She feels strangely drawn to Park Jin Gyeom, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in her life, and her curiosity sharpens when she’s told that she resembles his late mother. Yoon Tae Yi and Park Jin Gyeom will work together to solve a special secret that involves time travel and fate.

On August 10, the drama revealed a main poster starring the two lead actors. In the spellbinding poster, Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun gaze longingly at each other as they are divided between night and day. Although they seem far apart, they are actually living in the same world. However, they will have to undergo various trials and tribulations before they discover the truth and achieve peace. The caption, “No matter what world you’re in, I’ll protect you,” in the poster shows the two characters’ determination to stay together until the end.

joo-won-kim-hee-sun.jpg

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun will showcase powerful synergy as they portray a dynamic and touching story, and fans are already looking forward to their emotional and expressive acting.

“Alice” premieres on August 28 at 10 p.m. KST 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, kittyna said:

1. "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Miserables (Lyrics)

Really? It's so obvious, Lee Kang-To, because his situation is similar as in the muscial drama, lost his all comrades:surprisedwut:

2. "Her Voice" from The Little Mermaid (Lyrics)

Yeah, so the thing is video is not available, I will try to go with the title and description of the song. I think it will be "Lee Yoon Hoo". I fell like after getting over Nae-il he might fall in love with a girl in similar way

3. "Mr. Cellophane" from Chicago (Lyrics)

Han Yeo Jin's brother : Han Do Joon, everyone around him is like using him and he knows that and his wife also ignores him and treats him like a stranger

4. "Why Does She Love Me?" from Love Never Dies (Lyrics)

Gu Ma Jun, I am drawning parallels from the beginning days of his marriage life

5. "Me" from Beauty and the Beast (Lyrics)

That Jeon man-sik character from Good Doctor. I don't know if he is sexist or misogynist, but he is kind of a guy who'll disregard everyone and will be more harsher towards women .

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

6. "Endless Night" from The Lion King (Lyrics)

One of the villain from 13th grade civil servant , I think it's the last guy who was arrested not the one who got killed

7. "With a Little Bit of Luck" from My Fair Lady (Lyrics)

That arch rival of Joo won's character from "My sassy girl", he is like a captain of palace guards, not the second lead, I think he has crush on second female lead.

8. "Hurricane" from Hamilton

Hwang Tae-Pil, he is the closest one I can think of, no other character came in my mind for this musical, perhaps someone from Bridal Mask drama , but I don't actually remeber all the chracters

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Really? It's so obvious, Lee Kang-To, because his situation is similar as in the muscial drama, lost his all comrades

lol - Well, you were the one who said the past ones were hard ;)

Just kidding; in all seriousness, I try to have a mixture of easier and harder prompts :) 

46 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Yeah, so the thing is video is not available, I will try to go with the title and description of the song

Huh. It works for me - maybe it's a regional thing (that happens sometimes on YouTube). But that being said, I like your answer :) 

47 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Han Yeo Jin's brother : Han Do Joon, everyone around him is like using him and he knows that and his wife also ignores him and treats him like a stranger

I...actually hadn't thought of that for Han Do Joon before. Personally, I see him as a very power-hungry and ambitious person, but...yeah, there does seem to be an inferiority complex undercutting all of that.

48 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

That Jeon man-sik character from Good Doctor. I don't know if he is sexist or misogynist, but he is kind of a guy who'll disregard everyone and will be more harsher towards women .

lol - I don't recall him being sexist or chauvinistic, but he was definitely the type who'd take that "my way or the highway" approach to things.

49 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

One of the villain from 13th grade civil servant , I think it's the last guy who was arrested not the one who got killed

You mean the one who was played by JW's hoobae, right?

Joo Won and Lim Yoon Ho - Friends ever since working together on "Level 7 Civil Servant"

I think his name was JJ (or, at least, his code name was). And...yeah, I can see that working, too :) 

52 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

That arch rival of Joo won's character from "My sassy girl", he is like a captain of palace guards, not the second lead, I think he has crush on second female lead.

Park Chang Hwi was the character's name, in case you're wondering :) What's funny is that I have him in mind...for another prompt in this challenge :P

53 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Hwang Tae-Pil, he is the closest one I can think of, no other character came in my mind for this musical, perhaps someone from Bridal Mask drama , but I don't actually remeber all the chracters

Don't worry; this one was the tough one - I'm still thinking on it myself. I can kind of see Tae Pil here, but...let's see what other ideas we can come up with.

5 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

On August 10, the drama revealed a main poster starring the two lead actors. In the spellbinding poster, Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun gaze longingly at each other as they are divided between night and day. Although they seem far apart, they are actually living in the same world. However, they will have to undergo various trials and tribulations before they discover the truth and achieve peace. The caption, “No matter what world you’re in, I’ll protect you,” in the poster shows the two characters’ determination to stay together until the end.

Dang...that poster looks cool! Thanks for sharing!

JW filmed an interview for Alice recently - I wonder what he'll end up telling us about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kittyna said:

lol - I don't recall him being sexist or chauvinistic, but he was definitely the type who'd take that "my way or the highway" approach to things.

Yeah, but they were like no sexist male characters in Joo won's drama, most of them were female characters, like Gu Ma jun's mom. But I choose his character because he sort of was more condescending towards Cha Yoon seo , whenever she tried to exprrss herself. That was only female interaction we get of this character, so maybe he was like that to everyone of his female collegues and subordinates

• Like 2