Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

class="at_ttl"Can An American Remake Of "Good Doctor" Work?

With CBS TV remaking the k-drama "Good Doctor," it's obvious that American TV is paying attention to the merits of and fan base for k-dramas. But will it work?

Earlier in the year, it was announced that American TV is attempting a remake of "Nine: Nine Time Travels," which starred Lee Jin Wook. Kim Yun Jin, who played a Korean castaway in the hit series "Lost," brought the show to the attention of American producers. They were intrigued by the fantasy plot complete with the kinds of flashbacks-and flash-forwards-that were seen on "Lost."

And then there was the American remake of "Boys Over Flowers," which was highly anticipated but lacked the charm of the original and did not get the best reviews.

Could a remake of "Good Doctor" actually work? "Good Doctor" told the story of Park Shi On, a gifted doctor with Asperger's Syndrome. The condition did not interfere with his ability to be a brilliant doctor but did create problems in social situations. Joo Won was excellent as Dr. Park Shi On and mesmerizing to watch onscreen as he created the character with his shy shuffling body language. Part of the reason that a potentially improbably situation played out so well was the warmth that Joo Won radiates whenever he takes a role. It would be hard to imagine anyone else playing the part.

Since the storylines of American TV shows are designed to potentially run on for seasons, it's hard to imagine how the relationship between Park Shi On and his colleague Cha Yoon Seo, played by Moon Chae Won, would play out. And that was an important part of the show's appeal.

Korean-American actor Daniel Dae Kim, who played Kim Yun Jin's husband on "Lost," discussed the remake during an interview at the 2014 Seoul Digital Forum. He's also the CEO of the 3AD production company.

At the forum he said that CBS was in the process of fine-tuning the details for the remake. CBS has been discussing the remake with KBS since last November and is now in the contract stage.

"There are plenty of medical television shows in the United States, but we expect the depth of the characters' stories in dramas like 'Good Doctor' will also sell in the American market," said Kim.

That may be true, but didn't the series "House," cover the same territory by creating a character who was a genius doctor with problems relating on a social level?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/22897/20140523/can-an-american-remake-of-good-doctor-work.htm

I have create movie thread "Xia You Qiao Mu"

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023356/upcoming-movie-2015-passion-heaven-xia-you-qiao-mu-%E5%A4%8F%E6%9C%89%E4%B9%94%E6%9C%A8-%E9%9B%85%E6%9C%9B%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-joo-won-han-geng?new=1

Please feel free to post and update also @coolreborn please put that link on our first thread Joowon soompi. Thank you :)

I have create movie thread "Xia You Qiao Mu"

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2023356/upcoming-movie-2015-passion-heaven-xia-you-qiao-mu-%E5%A4%8F%E6%9C%89%E4%B9%94%E6%9C%A8-%E9%9B%85%E6%9C%9B%E5%A4%A9%E5%A0%82-joo-won-han-geng?new=1

Please feel free to post and update also @coolreborn please put that link on our first thread Joowon soompi. Thank you :)

@0708july, Thanks dear. Will do when I get back to my PC, updating on phone kinda tricky. ^_^

@stearly  thanks for the welcome.
only got to notice joo won from good doctor. love medical dramas. good doctor and 49 days are among my fave dramas. want to watch his other dramas, think i did watched bits of baker king and Ojakgyo Family but never complete the dramas.
@0708july  i dun think there is a link for Last Present. actually i bought the VCD after watching Lee Jung Jae in Il Mare (think you guys will know it was remade into lakehouse) and have most of LJJ movies (except for Thieves and Face Reader). Last Present is my top top fave movie. there are some links on youtube but not eng sub. glad to know that joo won loves this movie!

@ilmare Welcome here dear.

I was thinking where did I saw your username and its a movie where Lake House movie was based right? I like that movie. ^_^

Glad you like Cutie in Good Doctor. Hope to see you more here. ^^

OMI!!! Is that chibi Sesshomaru???

@stearly  thanks for the welcome.

only got to notice joo won from good doctor. love medical dramas. good doctor and 49 days are among my fave dramas. want to watch his other dramas, think i did watched bits of baker king and Ojakgyo Family but never complete the dramas.

@0708july  i dun think there is a link for Last Present. actually i bought the VCD after watching Lee Jung Jae in Il Mare (think you guys will know it was remade into lakehouse) and have most of LJJ movies (except for Thieves and Face Reader). Last Present is my top top fave movie. there are some links on youtube but not eng sub. glad to know that joo won loves this movie!

I have watched Lake house. It's my favourite romance movie. I don't know if it' s based from Korea movie

coolreborn said: @ilmare Welcome here dear. I was thinking where did I saw your username and its a movie where Lake House movie was based right? I like that movie. ^_^ Glad you like Cutie in Good Doctor. Hope to see you more here. ^^ OMI!!! Is that chibi Sesshomaru???

stearly

said:

class="at_ttl"

Can An American Remake Of "Good Doctor" Work?

With CBS TV remaking the k-drama "Good Doctor," it's obvious that American TV is paying attention to the merits of and fan base for k-dramas. But will it work?

Earlier in the year, it was announced that American TV is attempting a remake of "Nine: Nine Time Travels," which starred Lee Jin Wook. Kim Yun Jin, who played a Korean castaway in the hit series "Lost," brought the show to the attention of American producers. They were intrigued by the fantasy plot complete with the kinds of flashbacks-and flash-forwards-that were seen on "Lost."

And then there was the American remake of "Boys Over Flowers," which was highly anticipated but lacked the charm of the original and did not get the best reviews.

Could a remake of "Good Doctor" actually work? "Good Doctor" told the story of Park Shi On, a gifted doctor with Asperger's Syndrome. The condition did not interfere with his ability to be a brilliant doctor but did create problems in social situations.

Joo Won was excellent as Dr. Park Shi On and mesmerizing to watch onscreen as he created the character with his shy shuffling body language. Part of the reason that a potentially improbably situation played out so well was the warmth that Joo Won radiates whenever he takes a role. It would be hard to imagine anyone else playing the part.

Since the storylines of American TV shows are designed to potentially run on for seasons, it's hard to imagine how the relationship between Park Shi On and his colleague Cha Yoon Seo, played by Moon Chae Won, would play out. And that was an important part of the show's appeal.

Korean-American actor Daniel Dae Kim, who played Kim Yun Jin's husband on "Lost," discussed the remake during an interview at the 2014 Seoul Digital Forum. He's also the CEO of the 3AD production company.

At the forum he said that CBS was in the process of fine-tuning the details for the remake. CBS has been discussing the remake with KBS since last November and is now in the contract stage.

"There are plenty of medical television shows in the United States, but we expect the depth of the characters' stories in dramas like 'Good Doctor' will also sell in the American market," said Kim.

That may be true, but didn't the series "House," cover the same territory by creating a character who was a genius doctor with problems relating on a social level?

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/22897/20140523/can-an-american-remake-of-good-doctor-work.htm

tokkimoon said:

stearly

said:

class="at_ttl"

Can An American Remake Of "Good Doctor" Work?

Could a remake of "Good Doctor" actually work? "Good Doctor" told the story of Park Shi On, a gifted doctor with Asperger's Syndrome. The condition did not interfere with his ability to be a brilliant doctor but did create problems in social situations.

Joo Won was excellent as Dr. Park Shi On and mesmerizing to watch onscreen as he created the character with his shy shuffling body language. Part of the reason that a potentially improbably situation played out so well was the warmth that Joo Won radiates whenever he takes a role. It would be hard to imagine anyone else playing the part.

KBS "Good Doctor" to be remade on American television by CBS

Source | 2014/05/23 | 326 views | Permalink |

KBS 2TV drama "Good Doctor" from last year is discussing a remake with American TV station CBS.

Daniel Kim, an actor and drama producer was interviewed on his visit to Korea for the 2014 Seoul Digital Forum and said, "Discussions are being made about remaking the Korean drama "Good Doctor'".

3AD is collaborating with CBS TV and Daniel Kim says, "There are several medical dramas in the States too but the deep characters on "Good Doctor" is likely to connect with the American market as well". Popular tvN drama series "Nine: Time Travelling Nine Times" was remade in America, last year.

"Good Doctor" is about a genius doctor named Park Si-on (Joo Won), who is suffers from savant syndrome. This drama was a great success last year.

Source hancinema