[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eunhye05

This is the link I usually use to watch. It doesnt lag. Sorry I didnt post it again earlier. Was busy watching--->. tvunetworks.com/watchTV/index.html#c=81037

You'll need to install the player though its free. :D

It was a great episode!  I cant wait for the recaps and subs  since it was heavy on the dialogue! 

I couldnt hold in my reactions so here's my play by play on The Musical Episode 9.

Comments and reactions.

EunBi & KangHee - chat in Studio. EB doesnt seem as excited to see KH. Its more like she wasnt happy to be there... i dont think she idolizes KH as much anymore.GOODJOB EB! Im so proud she didnt get the standby role (or so I thought since that's what it looked like). :D Hah! Take that KH! U desperate, manipulative, jealous diva you! Heartbreaking moment --> KH actually kept all those milk cartons EB wrote on and when EB turned her down she threw them out for EB to see. MEGA OUCH! Such a meanie! Stay strong EB! Fighting!

The Popstar & the investor creep me out. There's too much touchy feely. Aigoo! Aigoo! Ewwww! Why can't we do without her! she's annoying!

EB & HJ - Why did EB get all emotional and teary eyed! What was she being so stubborn about! :( She cried her eyes out and yet stayed firm! (all i could think of during this scene though was - GHS has such big pretty eyes. It's so stunning you can't concentrate) But did she just technically break up with HJ. YJ to the rescue! I did not expect that! 

HJ - poor HJ. He's doing everything for her... what else can he do!? I want to just go onscreen and giving him much attention. EB you should know better! 

YJ & EB - do i shift my OTP for this couple in the meantime? haha. I like them too! Frankly, i really dont mind which of the two EB ends up with. :D 

YJ's Mom - Oh dear. :( She's getting worse! This is so terrible. And...now we have the typical part in Kdramas. YuJin's grandpa has everything under survelliance. We're about to hit the rocks people. 

I love DirJung! he's adorable. Can he have RK instead. She needs someone cheerful and carefree in her life.

Can someone explain that scene in the shoe shop. Was she reminded of something? Her mom perhaps? seeing that we're now comparing feet?! Waaah!

And our EB is back to watching her Musicals again. Back to square one...And what was YJ doing outside the theatre? Was he stalking her?! Cute! But poor HJ! 

Now...They're at CAFE MANOLIN! :D  I'm squealing with delight at this scene right now! Her gallery finally got it's air time! Where's BHAP? Where's GAMJA? Weeee! I was there last time I visited Seoul! Even one of her paintings got it's airtime! Love this! Ok what were they discussing I got distracted?  lol

What is GJ trying to convince the idol about (unsuccessfully) ? Her face alone is just so annoying. lol.

The EB - GJ scene was funny! HE FINALLY TAKES A SHOWER and gets a SPA treatment! Thank you EB Thank You! He was beginning to smell off of the screen as he hadnt changed his outfit since day 1 and looked like a dirty tramp! 

Oh mehn! EB just went back and accepted the Standby role! WTH?!

The Preview is crazy-- KH is crying and it looks like EB and HJ have patched things up? WAAAAAH! I neeeeed the next episode now!!!!

Hello..I wanna share this MV ,TwinkleApril just made this to The Musical Viewer.I guess those who love EunJae team up will like this MV,the  sweetness overloaded with Hong Jae & Eun Bi moments:wub:Hope you enjoy!!!

http://youtu.be/3yBvqnmDKkA

:wub:I love it!!  I also watch her vid  GHS w/ LMH before & I always like her choices of songs. Will be looking for more. Thank you sunnies/choisunners!

Guest shades_blue

Thanks for sharing TwinkleApril’s MV ljlian! Too sweet.

Ah….I don’t know what to make of this episode without subs….there really wasn’t a lot of interaction between JY and EB, and the few scenes they had were strained teary conversations/arguments (involving her dropping the project I guess?), plus a requisite wrist grab! Poor JY.  Next week doesn’t look a whole lot better for you, but putting her hand over your heart again in the preview? ADORABLE. Too bad she takes it away.

On a positive note, how cute did YJ look in his lil’ suits and overcoat? I’m happy to see him smiling again, at least when he’s with EB, though his mother’s worsening condition, and the grandpa knowing about it? (!), means lots and lots of drama ahead for him.

RK and the director are looking sweeter together all the time…

And EB IS going to be a stand by? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm dying for the translation of this ep. So much dialogue! 

eunhye 05: I saw Cafe Manolin too!! I recognized the cute decor and saw her drawing on the wall as well - it tickled me to know that her cafe was used as a "set"!! I wonder if PKW signed a white mug too, as Choi Daniel has blush.gif Ep 9: hmm, as I don't understand Korean it was difficult to interpret, as some of you pointed out, but the gist of it seems to be as EB and YJ are getting closer, EB and JY are drifting apart. For some reason she seems to be able to communicate better with YJ, he's being so sweet ( loved the rain scene) , and EB enjoys his company. On the other hand, whenever EB is with JY all they do is argue and EB does not seem to want to even listen to what he has to say. What's confusing to me is I think both EB and YJ really care romantically for their other partners (RK and JY) but after all that has happened, YJ has come to care for EB, and EB in return responds to him. I don't think she really has anyone else she can talk to at this point. My heart ached for JY when he saw them in the rain. Guess we'll find out more next week!

Guest hyesun4lyf

This is the link I usually use to watch. It doesnt lag. Sorry I didnt post it again earlier. Was busy watching--->. tvunetworks.com/watchTV/index.html#c=81037

You'll need to install the player though its free. :D

It was a great episode!  I cant wait for the recaps and subs  since it was heavy on the dialogue! 

I couldnt hold in my reactions so here's my play by play on The Musical Episode 9.

Comments and reactions.

Thanks a bunch, eunhye05.  I was really hoping you'd post this time since there wasn't one last episode 8.  I was thrilled when you confirmed the Cafe Manolin setting.  Having looked at hundreds of pictures of GHS` cafe, I was pretty sure I`d recognize it anywhere now.  My fave part of your play by play: 

She cried her eyes out and yet stayed firm! (all i could think of during this scene though was - GHS has such big pretty eyes. It's so stunning you can't concentrate) But did she just technically break up with HJ. YJ to the rescue! I did not expect that! 

Yeah!  I was doing the same thing.  Since I couldn`t understand them speaking, I got fascinated just watching her eyes.  Ahhh, GHS why you so pretty?

Her deep bow at the landing of BKH's house was like so final, it kind of choked me up.  She looked like she was remembering those times she was dropping off the milk and how she would bow out of respect.  Then, that final 90 degrees bow...ahhh, so emotional and laden with unspoken words.  "BKH, I am now free of you.  I can finally say NO to you.  Have a nice life.  Annyeong!"

But then, at the end of the episode, "BKH, I'm baaaack!"   crazy.gif

The Musical, daebak!!!!

PS

@cattsumori, I usually go to this site to check for the ratings.  Unfortunately, it's pretty low since it started but it's getting recognized as a really good drama to watch but for the timeslot and day it's on.

Guest Earthprincess

But then, at the end of the episode, "BKH, I'm baaaack!"  

I actually think EB might be growing her fangs. It doesn't make sense as a plot device that she will be so undecisive, especially since she is the main heroine and this drama, apart from showing struggles and such on realizing one's dream, is also about revealing undiscovered facets of a personality. So far, we've only seen EB as this common girl who is after a big ambition. YJ, HJ, SW, RK, and KH all have shown different sides to their characters already, and we are left with EB. So, my speculation is that this turnaround is likely another aspect of her character we have yet to see. That idol singer, who I think EB knows she's better against, is so full of herself, so it only makes sense that she takes the Count Monte role to spite those who belittle her "commonness".

Guest eunhye05

@ljlian Thanks for TwinkleApril’s MV. That was really nice and hope more sweet scenes can be added in the future.

@kgrl43  I know! I got so excited too! Although it appears that they rearranged it a bit since the decor was a bit different from when I saw it last. I didnt see a PKW mug but CD's was there. I wonder if we'll get another sneak peak into the Cafe in upcoming episodes. :) 

I wonder how far EB and YJs relationship will reach. They are indeed very comfy with each other but like you it pains me to have HJ experience that scene. Now whats he gonna do about it...hmmm...

@Hyesun4lyf. Aww thanks! :D Actually the moment I saw the angel figurines while the coffee was being poured I jumped in my seat! CAFE MANOLIN! lol. That was prob a fun shoot as she was "at home" with the set.

Sorry I was away the whole weekend last week so I was just lurking for updates on episode 8. When I finally got to watch it recaps and subtitles were already up so I didnt make a playbyplay. lol. But I really really loved that episode first and foremost for the development on the EB-HJ front. I love them to bits. I couldn't help but put those scenes on replay. I forget that these two are way too old to play naive sweethearts but they make it work! I also love that they didnt makeout or anything yet. I like that we're given small doses and i hope they follow through with an EPIC Kiss and more skinship in the end. hehe

Anyways, back to episode 9. yup I dont really mind LS-ing the episode since I get to stare at GHS for 1 hour. :) Regarding the Milk Cartons...so BKH knew all along that it was EB? or was throwing all those out coincidental? I think the former..  still this was pretty emotional to watch especially since we were with her in the past 6 or so episodes when she delivered the milk and personal messages.

@Earthprincess - Id like to think thats what will happen too. I wonder why KH brokedown in the next episode! Was it because of EB? JY? cant wait!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR UPDATES MUSICAL LOVERS!  :)

Guest hyesun4lyf

Hi to all TheMu fans!  Another epic episode, ya?

cheerko at GHS' thread has started a detailed recap and I'm posting the link here and just to let you know as of this moment, it is not finished yet.  Enjoy.

The Musical Episode 9 Recap (The link is kind of wonky, you have to scroll up to get to the very first part.  Sorry, I forgot to check it first)

Thanks to cheerko for all the hard work.wub.gif

@eunhye05...yeah, that scene where the maid put out the trash or recyclables is kind of ambiguous.  For me, I like the idea of EB remembering how she was so enamored with KH even to the point of silliness (writing on the carton milk) but now she has definitely outgrown that and have grown some balls (pardon the language).

@Earthprincess...the ending can also be interpreted as EB coming back to KH as an opponent? competition? to fight for her dreams...huh.gif

shades_blue is right.  The waiting for the English sub is going to be a test of our patience.

Saw Epi 9.  Cheerko really did a good job in translating it for us. I have mixed emotions with the  characters present in this episode. It's actually near reality.:wub:  Kudos to the writer!!!   It all showed their good, bad, down & up sides. How real people would react & deal with a bad situation. Survival of the fittest!  fury.gif   Everyone is just working on their own favors. Making excuses for their own benefit. That's the world we live in! The entertainment industry? Major!  w00t.gif 

hi The Musical lovers! I am new in this thread, but not new in soompi..

I come back now to KDRAMA land!

I stop watching Kdramas and in search for a good one for almost 3 months..

and I am happy to say that this drama is the ONLY drama who caught my attention!!!

I am really loving JY and EB's chemistry!!!

I am so much in glee whenever JY is looking at EB and he's smiling from EAR to EAR!!! :wub::lol::wub:

anyway, I just came here to support The Musical!!!

This is the first time I watch Daniel Choi in a drama and I am happy to watch him! :wub:

as with GHS, I watched her previous 2 dramas so I knew that she's a good actress..

as well as Park Ki Woong too (in Love Marriage)..

I don't know why, but I am also wanting YJ to start opening up his TRUE self and keep smiling..

I want him to realize that he likes EB too.. but then, I don't want him to get hurt

as well as JY to be hurt... *MIXED EMOTIONS*

anyway, The Musical, FIGHTING!!! :wub:

Guest shades_blue

Thanks hyesun4lyfcheerko is my hero. If I could send her flowers, I would. 

I don't have the time to fully process this episode yet, so I'll have to wait until next week to sort it all out when I re-watch it with subs. 

I've been trying to figure out where EB is when she says "I have returned" in the preview for episode 10. It really looks like the room where they have been rehearsing for Count Monty.....but is it possible that the Gumiho project is somehow back on with Amour? I really want YJ to snatch the project back (since apparently he has legal rights to it) so that the skeevy chairman and pop star are out of the picture. Maybe the Count Monty project falls through somehow (The "American" seemed dissatisfied with the rehearsal), so everyone is back on the Gumiho project? Just a thought. 

@otchosais I agree, this drama incites all kinds of *mixed emotions*!ohmy.gifsad.gifwub.giffury.gifcrazy.gif

Happy weekend everyone!

Archived