[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

Guest Earthprincess

that was a strong episode for The Musical! i applaud the cast for their superb acting!! i think Yoo Jin and Eun Bi could be related? is that possibility far off? i think their being related could be creating that connection between them.

the encounter between GH and EB was awesome. you can see their similarities and differences. i think deep inside GH is very much like EB, but GH's success got the better of her. Hence, her being cold... And then add the jealousy to it because of HJ.

Please raise your hand if you, like me, were relieved that the piano kiss was just a flashback sequence?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link! Awesome, love the kiss between YJ and his fiance and love even more the hand kiss between HJ and EB, how many times did he kissed her hands? Why is that so darn sexy? Just really dig their chemistry. I'd like Goo Hye Sun and Choi Daniel's playful interaction near the end.

edit: Earthprincess, I'm expecting more passionate kiss between HJ and EB! :sweatingbullets: Yup glad that it was just the past! I don't think YJ and EB is related...at least I hope not. We don't have enough info to suggest that they could be related.

hi The Musical lovers! :wub:

am so happy streaming every friday night TheMu!

thank you for the link dewimoar.

last night's episode 3 what so touching. what a pity!

go eun bi was humiliated during the audition...i thought she wouldn't cry.

how strong she was to even smile despite that...i was moved when she cried at the stairs.

go go go TheMu! such a great drama! :P

Guest Justalilodreamer

Wow such an underrated drama... I'm definitely enjoying this series. The cast and the storyline is great. Also wish there were more episodes per week.

Guest Earthprincess

The Koo Hye Sun soompi thread is quite active with drama-related items so I am copying over some information from that thread for all other fans of TheMu who is looking at this thread.

Wowwww! :D

I can't wait for FLY AGAIN :D The plot sounds pretty interesting and she's working Yoo Sun. I've known her from The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House. She's quite a great actress too :)

Have anyone heard of The Muscial releasing a comic book?

I've just read about it on this link:

http://asian-drama.org/the-musical-to-release-comic-book-on-september-15/

"If you can’t get enough of The Musical, which is just been aired for one episode per week, a cartoon version of The Musical will soon available. The comic book of The Musical is set to release its first volume on September 15, 2011, and is now available for pre-order

The first volume of The Musical comicbook has the price tag of 10,000 South Korean won (about USD $9.30), and depending on where you get it, it’s possible to deduct a 10% discount from the listed price, which makes for final price of 9,000 won (about USD $8.37).

The Musical picture book is drew by upcoming cartoonist named Lee Yung (이웅), and contains 244 pages. It’s not known how many volumes the “The Musical” comic book will have.

It’s interesting to see how a motion TV drama series which centers around the importance of songs and music is portrayed in soundless comics."

The link to purchase the book online is here:

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/5666937

This is sooooo cool! :wub:

Btw, I've came across this site which does a pretty good sum-up of the whole drama. It contains the BTS links to episode synopsis to ratings of the individual episodes :)

http://asian-drama.org/the-musical/

Be sure to check it out! ^_^

Guest Earthprincess

Here's the transcap of Episode 3 and other things TheMu related from cheerkoo at GHS Soompi.

Thanks natali--just noticed your post...

It appears that THEMU is also being repeated in SBS' sister channel SBS E!TV but it is aired on Saturday nights at 11PM.

Just a bit of info that your may have not understood from Epi3--

re Yoo Jin: He tells his fiance in the car about why his uncle and cousin are so unkind and ungrateful to him. Yoo JIn says it is because of the years of living under the pressure of the shining star that was his father. Yoo Jin briefly tells his fiance that  he is the son of the second son of a wealthy person who is his grandfather. His grandfather has two sons and his grandfather believed in his second son as the heir and the  talented financier over his first son. The first son is Yoo Jin's uncle and the man who visited YooJIn's office in the first episode is his male older cousin. There has been history of by the older son against the younger son. But one day, the younger son gave up everything and disappeared--to paint. Somehow Yoo Jin is left to carry the burden left by his father. It is not certain if YooJin and his father are in speaking terms...The uncle and his son are sarcastic and derogatory towards Yoo Jin. The mess that was left by Yooin's cousin who use dto manage the MUsical Investment Fund also became Yoo Jin's responsibility. HIs uncle, the cousin and his silent grandfather seem to be indicating that it Yoo Jin must make the Fund a success and to even fix any problems as well. But Yoo Jin does carry out a successful negotiaton with the investors who complained about losing lots of money due to the past investments. And, YOO jin's mother defintely has some type of memory loss--she believes that her son is still very little. Also, Yoo Jin's fiance supposedly comes from even more wealthy family and his cousin berates him by saying that Yoo Jin was so lucky to have RaGyung--RaGyoung stands by her man and shows much love for Yoo Jin...but the relationship still looks very empty.

The next episode 4 preview says that Go EunBi has a cantenkerous meetings with Yoo JIn. There is many reason that Yoo Jin would see his own father in Go. His father was a brilliant finacier as Go is a brilliant med student, but both give up everything so that they can paint and act respectively--they both abandoned their family in the process.....perhaps that is what happened to YOo JIn too.

Go refuses to rehearse with Hong at his apartment anymore after a run in with Bae GangHee there. Jay is telling Go how he feels about her. But Go tells him that she really cannot think about anything else right now as she has made a big decision in her life to pursure musical acing. But Jay takes that as to mean that Go has some feeling for him and he is happy about that. The song that Go sings in audition is about a girl who gave up on love for a long time and having been lonely for what feels like thousand years....(some DC people are saying that Yoo Jin must also identify with that song because he must have been very lonely for a long time given his circumstance.)

Go EunBi has lots of part itme jobs--delivering milk (I wonder whose house is the one she delivesr milk to and bows to??), tutoring and now has a new job--she has an illegal job of cleaning the dead bodies or cutting them up for analysis....Hong Jay is scared for her doing an illegal part time job for money. Go asks him if he is even thinkging about lending her the money instead. He says yes. But Go, while doing situps in his Lexus, says that she cannot do that--she does not like to live life owing to others and that it is her grandmother who taught her that. Even though Go EunBi told HOng that she really needs to concentrate on her career at this time, he still comes around to her every job to comfort, talk and spend time with Go--even to the anatomy room. He cannot bear looking at her job but he still comes to see Go EunBi....

I think those were the main points.

Oh Bae Ganhee makes Go sing at a pitch and a half higher than what she auditioned. And she told Go that she hates people who apologizes for their lack of talent.  Also Yoo JIn keeps on hearing Go;s audition tape and then fianlly decides to invest 40-uk won into a brand new creative musical written by Hong Jae--he finds out that the songs were written by Hong Jay later. So after hearing Go sing, something stirred Yoo Jin to invest money into something that he had been fighting against all this time.--------

Guest eunhye05

On a different note: Episode 2 English subs are out! Weeeeeeee! I shall now marathon episode 1 and 2 in english! :Phttp://www.kimchidra...-episode-2.html

http://www.dramafeve...e_Musical/?ap=1

I still believe the Musical is like Go Eun Bi! At first no one is still willing to watch it or give it a chance but it's going to pick up and get better and become great and defeat the odds towards the end. Just like the Little Engine that Could. I've already read so many online fans in other sites like Drama fever liking it even if they arent fans of the main stars! I think we just need to have everyone aware of it's existence. 

Some questions/comments after watching 3 episodes of the Musical for the Nth Time! Don't read if you don't want spoilers from episode 3. 

- Why does she keep writing something on the Milk Carton and then bowing when at that house (Spy Myung Wol's house?) Hehe. It makes me wonder if it's a house of one of her musical idols and she's writing that she's his/her number 1 fan. teehee.

- I hope both songs Eun Bi sang would make it to the official OST. Hye Sun has such a sweet and soothing voice. It's improved immensely since her earlier days (Nonstop etc). We can now officially add SINGER/Musical Actress to her growing list of titles. Who else thought her acting was just superb during the conflict scene with Kang Hee and when she was crying on the steps?

- That tracksuit reminds me of her honeymoon night when she played Liang Gukhwa in Pure19. That was a killer scene. hehehe. 

- What's wrong with Yoo Jin's dad's wife? That's still his mom right?

- Why won't Eun Bi get rid of those terrible loose sweaters and Long buttoned shirts? lol. Will we only see a sexier/more girly Eun Bi once in the whole series? Tsss. It doesnt bother me but I've also seen comments that they wish "Jandi" wasn't so boyish. lol. But then again it's her character here. 

- Wonder if they'll also show Eun Bi blogging about her entire experience since it was mentioned by her Grandmother.

- Who else found that Cadaver's hand creppy? It looked like it was still alive and not a corpse's hand when she was cleaning it. lol

- I love all the little moments between HongJae and EunBi especially when he went to pick her up after work and then they hung out by the Banpo Bridge. :) Cuteness overload.

- Yoo Jin is just so intense. I can't wait for the love triangle/quadrangle/pentagon to take effect! You can't help but root for him and his fiancee and yet want him also to end up with Eun Bi and then still want Eun Bi with Hong Jae. I also feel sorry for Kang Hee actually. She's in a loveless marriage and still can't move on from her ex. tsktsk. Really like how you still root for all the characters caught in this web. Yes, we're only on the 3 episode and I'm so excited for the triangle/quadragle/pentagon love story to take effect.All that being said it's not fair that the ratings haven't picked up yet. I wonder how it's doing in Japan. I hope other countries will follow and take this show across asia..neah scratch that...across the world. lol. Even if I want to blame SBS for their lack of promotion Im still grateful that they gave it a shot. Maybe we still wouldn't be watching the show by now if they hadn't chosen the friday slot. 

Guest bluetoile

I just finished watching the first two episodes and I can honestly say that it was really good. I liked the song choices and I thought that the number that they did during the first episode was great. I really like 'This is the Moment' in Korean. I can't wait to see what happens in episode 3. Hopefully, the drama will continue to just go uphill.

I also really like that there's only one episode a week. It's just like what they do for the shows in the U.S. It'd be too difficult trying to catch up with a show when they're churning out two episodes a week. Also, maybe the actors/actresses/crew wouldn't have to work so hard if they only had to come out with one episode a week. Then again, it doesn't really matter since the drama was already recorded before it was picked up by any broadcasters. Also, I like how the adventure of watching and following the drama will last a bit longer.

I'm just glad that this is airing after all. It would have been a shame to never be able to watch this because nobody wants to air this show.

It was really interesting to be able to finally see Goo Hye Sun sing because I knew that she was originally suppose to debut as a singer and I haven't had the chance to hear her sing until now.

Guest donnapie

Hello everyone! I came in quite late on THE MUSICAL train but the ending of episode 2 really excited me and made me look forward to upcoming episodes.

I do wish subs would come out sooner though.  :(

Anyways, i made a first impression review of this drama on my blog so i hope you can check it out if you have time.

Here is the link:

http://donnapie.tumblr.com/

Thank you so much for all the tidbits that you share about this series and looking forward to more coming from everyone here.  :)

Hello everyone! I came in quite late on THE MUSICAL train but the ending of episode 2 really excited me and made me look forward to upcoming episodes.

Anyways, i made a first impression review of this drama on my blog so i hope you can check it out if you have time.

Here is the link:

Thank you so much for all the tidbits that you share about this series and looking forward to more coming from everyone here.  :)

hi there! thanks for "The Musical" review and for sharing your blog link here! I like your blog a lot! plus the gifs! :D I usually hate reading long reviews but yours was actually worth reading! I see your a big fan of "Scent Woman" I've been watching that drama also so your reviews for that also interests me! :D anyway thanks again!! this drama (THE MU) needs MORE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Guest Bi Se7en

hii this is my first post here ..

i really love this drama i like the cast and the story

i watched Ep1-2 and i'm waiting for Ep3 to sub

but i have a question can anybody tell me what the relationship between those two ?

amfv46.png

hii this is my first post here ..

i really love this drama i like the cast and the story

i watched Ep1-2 and i'm waiting for Ep3 to sub

but i have a question can anybody tell me what the relationship between those two ?

*quoted image*

Hi there ^^ According to Ep 1 Gang Hee once referred to Dir.Han as her husband, so it seems they are married couples

Guest Earthprincess

Here is the link:

Hi donnapie thanks for sharing your great review!! Just a question. I noticed that some of the screen caps are from those we haven't seen before. Is there a long trailer out for this already? Can you please also share?

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Hello!

Thank you so much for working very hard to make this thread going so well.

I am so glad that many drama sites are translating THEMU.

Hopefully its popularity will soar if not in Korea, here and everywhere....

eunhye05--you asked about GoEB writing something on the milk carton and bowing---that is one of the mystery---some DC members think it has to be GangHee's hoouse--so some DC joke that Go EB is a stalker fan--keke----

I agree that Yoo JIn is so intense--he seems to have very little joy in his life--even with his fiance. He seems to carry the burden of the world on his shoulder. But I love the things he says, love the way he shows empathy for Go EB after the audition, love the way he took care of his fiance when she was feeling irritated due to lack of food. He is an ethical and yet very successful business man---that is rare and good. He is fair and cold because he has to be in his field..but he said two things so far that makes him admirable. 1, I don't like irresponsible people who think it is enough to be just happy and content by themselves. (I did not paraphrased that very well at all.) 2. There is little value to having talent if it also does not help others in some way. I thought it amazing coming out of his mouth. I see that he really respects Director Han. Since Yoo Jin seems to be so ethical, I wonder how his relationship with GoEB would bloom---if that is the angle the drama is going to take. But it seems like he is going to be confrontative with Go EB in the epi4. Often I don't like people who tell me the truth right to my face--truth that I may want to deny or not ready to accept just yet.. Yoo Jin seem to be that type---I think he does that to Go somehow.....she is mad and angry in epi 4---keke--looking forward to it....

Go and Hong are very cute and so comfortable together. Somehow I have a harder time seeing romance develop between them especially from Go's side---We have to wait and see....

I really don't get why people in Korea whose TV may be hooked to Nielsen rating system are not gettting enthusiastic about THEMU!!! WHy WhyWhy??!!!!

Archived