少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest Nouciel

Here are some other non-Oricon charts to help you see a better big picture of what is selling in Japan. Only looking at Oricon and ignoring mobile charts like Recochoku or digital stores whose sales don't count towards Oricon is kind of a mistake if you want to see what is popular or what has a big audience.

2010/09/08

Recochoku (mobile chart)

Song chart

#37. Genie

#89. Gee

Full song chart

#84. Gee

RBT chart

#83. Genie

mora.jp (online store)

All chart (j-pop + foreign music)

#5. Genie

mysound.jp (Singles)

#3. Genie

'Lastest 24 hours' charts:

Amazon (music)

#34. Genie (on top 100 on the lastest 12 days)

HMV (not including pre-orders)

#3. Genie

#6. New Beginning of Girls Generation DVD

HMV (including pre-orders)

#3. Genie

#15. New Beginning of Girls Generation DVD

for 2010/09/07:

Tower Records

Online sales

#3. Genie (Limited Edition)

Shibuya sales

#3. Genie (Regular Edition)

Shibuya DVDs

#4. New Beginning of Girls Generation DVD

A radio chart:

Friday Super Countown (August 28-September 4)

#29. Genie

Guest silent_scream

imnikky@twitter

2jdf6e8.jpg

Some SDN48 (AKB48's sister group) members posing as SNSD, excited for their Japanese debut

Wow~

100908 SNSD @ Sakigake [HQ]

Translations here: http://twitter.com/nincomboob

[TRANS] Various Japanese Celebrity Blogs - SNSD 09.02.10-09.08.10

and Soshified translated Yoona's Innisfree Interview

innisfreemagazinescan.jpg

[ARTICLE] Tips to Use Eco Handkerchief with Yoona

---

Lots of SNSD Sheraton Hotel Fancams here [ LINK ]

Guest silent_scream

^ thanks for sharing those Memes! lol~

http://27.media.tumb...dxjexo1_500.jpg

^ reminds me of this quote:

"When she does something wrong, she just smiles like that. Then we can't say anything to her..." - Sooyoung on Tiffany ♥

--

“Girls’ Generation Will Not Follow In TVXQ’s Footsteps”

At a  press conference in Beverly Hills, L.A., Kim Young Min (40) of  SM  Entertainment stated that, “Contrary to what is expected, Girls’   Generation’s future plans in Asia will not focus solely on Japan.” He implied that Girls’ Generation would take the complete opposite road to carve a place for themselves in Japan from TVXQ, who he pointed out  had  focused completely on Japanese activities after their debut there and had then become the top of Asia.

He emphasized that,  “Girls’ Generation’s primary goal is to become ‘No.1 in Asia’, so it  is essential that we construct a system for them  where their  popularity and  talents are verified in other Asian countries so that  they naturally  become popular in Japan. They will not  follow the footsteps of TVXQ, who began to focus on gaining awareness in Asia  only after their success in Japan.”

Source: [munhwa ilbo]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

Taken from dkpopnews

-Edit-

Another Fancam of SNSD's arrival @ Incheon Airport (100906), you can see TaeNy moment! ^^

[Fancam]100906 SNSD - Incheon Airport

Guest cantthinkofaname

i don't get why some of you guys are disappointed *okay maybe that's not the word to describe it* but we all knew before hand, from what sooyoung has stated that they won't be promoting only in japan. they'll return in korea and promote in other places as well...so why?

honestly debuting at #5 on oricon daily chart is a pretty good number, considering that they're going against such huge name groups. i'm proud of what snsd has established in japan already, and wait, is their first day 1k or 11k???? i'm confused, what's the actual number?

yesterday UMJ released GENIE in chaku uta full, video clip and chaku movie

so yesterday it's the debut day of GENIE in Japanese digitally

as the full song is now available for mobile download and pc download though itunes since yesterday

start at recochoku.jp the biggest one

Chaku Uta Full

2010/09/08 #9 GENIE

Video Clip

2010/09/08 #1 GENIE

Chaku Movie

2010/09/08 #1 GENIE

Mora.jp

realtime chart #5 GENIE

Daily chart

2010/09/08 #5 GENIE

musico.jp

realtime chart #3 GENIE

Daily chart

2010/09/08 #3 GENIE

then look at ringtone which released since showcase day

Chaku Uta

recochoku.jp

2010/08/25~2010/08/31 #12 GENIE

2010/09/01~2010/09/07 #45 GENIE

2010/09/08 #26 GENIE

now look at Gee and Genie korean version released in Chaku Uta Full on the showcase day

RIAJ is the combine of all digital sales but only do weekly chart of full song

and not update often

so GENIE will have to wait a little longer

RIAJ Digital Track Chart

2010/08/25~2010/08/31 #47 Gee #59 Genie

and GENIE also doing well in itunes chart which is PC downloads

you can see that GENIE is debut at high position

and it will be better with the promotion

“Girls’ Generation Will Not Follow In TVXQ’s Footsteps”

At a press conference in Beverly Hills, L.A., Kim Young Min (40) of SM Entertainment stated that, “Contrary to what is expected, Girls’ Generation’s future plans in Asia will not focus solely on Japan.” He implied that Girls’ Generation would take the complete opposite road to carve a place for themselves in Japan from TVXQ, who he pointed out had focused completely on Japanese activities after their debut there and had then become the top of Asia.

He emphasized that, “Girls’ Generation’s primary goal is to become ‘No.1 in Asia’, so it is essential that we construct a system for them  where their popularity and talents are verified in other Asian countries so that they naturally become popular in Japan. They will not follow the footsteps of TVXQ, who began to focus on gaining awareness in Asia only after their success in Japan.”

Taken from dkpopnews

ahh yes...

silent_scream thanks for posting this here too, I was afraid to post this news since it might come across the wrong way for some cassies...

but every SONE should take note of what that SM rep said... that is the whole picture in regards to the plans for our 9 angels in the future.

Guest mydeeryoona

mid-day

oricon single

1. 25,624 ARASHI

2. 2,681 GLAY

3. 2,092 K-ON

4. SNSD

5. French Kiss

don't attach to the position so much

relax people just wait for the sales figure at the end of the week

seriously GLAY and K-ON may get sales more than 50k at the first week

French kiss I don't know 40k maybe

so snsd just compete with no one but themselves

so let's hope them sold as much as possible that's enough

Guest ice_soshi

I always interested in K-Pop group release in Japan. So I followed Kara [mister] release as well. Both of them are represent by UMJ, but the promotion vibe is different. I'm not into details here (you can always check Kara's thread or karaholic), but mister promotion is almost an AKB48 level promotion in Japan.

That's interesting to know and i was just curious, not saying you're party popping or anything. ^^ so the impression is UMJ giving less effort base on the amount of schedules that the girls have in japan? will have to see what they will do in the next few weeks. there's some rumor schedule of them doing performances etc. i'll stick with the 'slow start' opinion for now. 

@evilgary

umm you might want to have some tact with that post ^^;;;; their splitting is another matter entirely...

but personally i don't want soshi to be associated with dbsk... everytime i read some dbsk x soshi news, i get nervous... i mean when was the last time something really positive came out with news between these two groups? ... 

@2uss

that comparison that KYM made... it didn't sit well with cassies on other newsweb i read... 

then again its expected of news reporter to pick up only the most sensitive topic/comparison to put it in papers so that it can create some reactions... -.-;;; just read it with a grain of salt. The statement itself isn't even new since UMJ said the same previously.

@2uss

That was great clarifications !! thanks~ I was wondering what went on with all the press conference. I haven't been able to read all the stuff that  got asked translated except bits and pieces...

v

@2uss

that comparison that KYM made... it didn't sit well with cassies on other newsweb i read... 

then again its expected of news reporter to pick up only the most sensitive topic/comparison to put it in papers so that it can create some reactions... -.-;;; just read it with a grain of salt. The statement itself isn't even new since UMJ said the same previously.

It was important for SM, in this case representative Kim Young-min, to portray clearly the intentions of where SNSD is headed to the public at large (most importantly to the people back in Korea). The media knows that SM has quickly climbed up with unprecedented % numbers of stocks/shares by investors at which correlates with the news of SNSD entering the Japan market.

So therefore the tough questions should be asked on how will they go forward with SNSD's future endeavours.

What I heard, Cassies weren't upset with what representative Kim said, but the timing of the questions by the media that was there... because Yunho was present, it was the issue of insensitivity not content.

SMTownLApresscon.jpg

Guest cantthinkofaname

mid-day

oricon single

1. 25,624 ARASHI

2. 2,681 GLAY

3. 2,092 K-ON

4. SNSD

5. French Kiss

don't attach to the position so much

relax people just wait for the sales figure at the end of the week

seriously GLAY and K-ON may get sales more than 50k at the first week

French kiss I don't know 40k maybe

so snsd just compete with no one but themselves

so let's hope them sold as much as possible that's enough

wait so now they're 4th right? so how much is their sell number if french kiss's number if 40k???

Guest mydeeryoona

wait so now they're 4th right? so how much is their sell number if french kiss's number if 40k???

well it's just my guess cool.gif

ARASHI 550k GLAY 60-70k K-ON 50-60k french kiss 30-50k

and snsd absolutely no idea cause they are new and the promotion is the strong factor

so anything can happen other artists they got their fix fanbase now but not with snsd

you see french kiss do a hugh event to boast the sales too

so we just wait for snsd the begin the promotion now

oh no.4 is just a quick report like the first day

this number is just only the number at the beginning of the sales count of the second day

the full day number of arashi should be 100k+

Guest eyeless201

@cantthinkofaname

The chart is daily (and it's mid-day not full-day)

and mydeeryoona was refering Glay, K-ON and French Kiss sales for weekly (not daily) :sweatingbullets:

But I don't think French Kiss would sells 40k, 25k-30k is more like it. And SNSD would probably outsell FK at the weekly chart. Actually no one even AKB48 fans themself expect FK to sell higher than SNSD :)

EDIT: Oops .. mydeeryoona got it first :P

Nikkei Entertainment Magazine /w SNSD Interview October Issue

2n04sw9.jpg

Since the beginning of this year a K-POP boom has started. Girl groups, in particular, are having their major debuts one by one and more and more big names are arriving. One of these names is “SNSD”. The 9 member girl group debuted with NAYUTAWAVE RECORDS which is under Universal Music. In Korea, men and women of all ages know these girls, they’re the nation’s girl group. Up until now, they were supported in Japan by their passionate core fans.

On August 25th, these girls performed their Showcase Live at Ariake Coliseum where more than 20,000 fans were invited (through 3 performances). They have had virtually no exposure in Japanese media, but the DVD with the invitation enclosed was sold out. Just through the power of the net and word of mouth, these girls were able to attract customers. It’s possible when they have their major debut that their popularity will be better than the rest. Girls like KARA and 4Minute came first, but we wonder how the surviving girls will battle. The industry has noticed this.

SNSD’s characteristics are different from idols, they have singing skills and they dance in perfect order in their dance formations which has 9 people; a large number. In addition, another point is they have model-like figures. As a matter of fact, to show their value, many music companies wanted them and thus a battle on who got them happened. Before the K-POP boom there were rumors. Media who suspected the rumor rushed to S.M. Entertainment Japan for answers. However, before SNSD’s major debut SM did their best to keep SNSD’s information (regarding the debut) under a veil.

First Interview in Japan

This time, Nikkei Entertainment, a Japanese Magazine Media, are the first to take photos of the girls. We had an exceptionally long 2 hour interview. All SNSD members met at an unknown place and were able to share what was currently on their minds.

On a summer day where the sun’s rays were reflected in the afternoon, the 9 SNSD members met at a studio in Seoul’s exclusive residential district Gangnam. The girls who had finished getting their hair and make-up done at a salon, arrived in civilian clothes. Every member greeted us with a smiling face as they entered the studio. Though it was expected they would head back to the waiting room, the girls instead lined up in front of the reporters. The girls said in skilled, high-toned, Japanese “We’re SNSD. It’s nice to meet you.”

The same Korean company that created the stars BoA and DBSK, S.M. Entertainment, will bring in their 3rd star, these girls who have become popular. We ask how much they have studied Japanese artists and its market. S.M. Entertainment has said that SNSD will not be localized like BoA and DBSK. As expected, we wonder what SNSD has their eyes on in Japan.

Interview

— Tell us what was on your mind when you found out you would be debuting in Japan.

Taeyeon: I was filled with things like, “Finally, this time has come.” In 2001, when I was still in elementary school, I watched BoA, a senpai from my company, debut in Japan. [Note: Senpai is the same as sunbae/senior.] It was a good significance and had a large impact on me. She is skilled at dancing and singing and her Japanese is also fluent. My dream of, “I want to become someone like BoA” has came. SNSD’s trait in one word is “Energy”. We certainly want everyone in Japan to feel that force when the 9 of us stand on stage. Everyone, how was it?

Jessica: As SNSD, each and every member has individuality, so we have a unique lineup and maybe that makes us a complete girl group (that can do various things). I think that’s also unusual in Japan. So, I want people to definitely know of our charm.

Tiffany: I often use this metaphor. All of the SNSD members are like raw materials like grains, good quality fruits, or sweets. They’re delicious by themselves. However, when you cook all those ingredients together, you create a cake or dessert called “SNSD”. In that moment, it’s much more delicious. I want to be able to supply our fans with a wonderful flavor.

Yoona: That’s right. Teamwork is definitely our strength. If we don’t sing and dance together, then we aren’t successful. Up until now, teamwork has been a part of SNSD. If we show that to Japan, I believe everyone will certainly come to love us. I’m filled with a feeling of nervousness and excitement.

— Though you’re at the top in Korea, don’t you feel a little confused and pressure advancing overseas?

Sunny: We’re not. We embrace activity overseas. We can’t always show a new SNSD. Right now we have to part with what we possess and everyone understands that. We all like the new challenge. Rather than pressure, we feel the opposite. This is an opportunity that we’ve come across and we look forward to it. In a little while we will become absent from Korea. However, we’ll still be shown on the Korean media and you can find us on the net too. Everyone look at our Japan debut favorably and please cheer for us. It feels like we’re going to Japan with everyone. I’ll be happy if more people become SNSD fans in Japan.

Tiffany: In Japan, SMAP is popular and has been around for more than 10 years and is still going. I think that’s really amazing. There aren’t really any groups in Korea who have continuously been around for so long. SNSD has been around for 3 years now and I want to aim at being like SMAP.

— In places like Tokyo’s clubs, SNSD’s choreography can be seen at dance events. Powerful dancing, a distinctive characteristic of Hyoyeon, has also been noticed.

Hyoyeon: I’m happy people have been anticipating it. I surely think that Japanese fans who watch the dances with a discerning eye will also be able to train themselves to do it. I still want to challenge it more.

— Sooyoung, your Japanese is good. I think for this debut there are various activities that you are expected to do.

Sooyoung: (In Japanese) Yes, I feel a lot of pressure. Since I hate doing things that aren’t perfect, I don’t just want to communicate well in Japanese, I want to become more perfect and master it. In order to do this, after this, I’ll need to increase my use of terminology. Right now, the members study Japanese with me every day. It’s heartening and I’m thankful.

SNSD is a multi-talented group, and from the beginning we have had an aim to advance into overseas markets. Before our debut, we were prepared for overseas activities. At the heart of SNSD’s activities, if given the chance in Japan, I think it’s possible for us to do dramas, movies, MCing, and variety shows. We also came with those lessons before we debut.

Tiffany: Sooyoung has shown us various Japanese entertainment works. Starting with that, we have a bigger part of us that is interested in Japan. Besides, Sooyoung isn’t only skilled at Japanese, she also has the power to make people laugh when she talks. Like Sooyoung, I can also make people laugh, I want to become an amusing person.

Sooyoung: On the contrary, Tiffany’s family is from America, so I’m jealous that she can speak fluent English. I also have a dream that SNSD will do activities in America, so these days I’ve began studying English. Even though I should be doing my best at Japanese right now… (Haha)

— You’re on the edge of your Japan debut. Don’t your family and friends from where you’re from express worry and anxiety?

Taeyeon: My family said, “Finally!”, they were anticipating it. Originally, it’s my parents who wanted their daughter to focus on world activities.

Jessica: My family and friends know they won’t be able to see me as much when I go to Japan and they express how they will miss me, but mostly they just cheer me on.

Seohyun: My parents are very proud of us for advancing to Japan. They have cheered for me saying, “Do your best to become an artist in Japan that everyone certainly knows.”

Tiffany: People around me are warmly cheering. My fellow members, up until now our spirits keep lifting, we’re excited. We’re also doing our best with Japanese.

Yoona: Yeah, as expected we don’t have the language ability. I think if we’re even able to communicate more skillfully, we’ll get more self-confidence and be able to be even more skilled, but… BoA senpai and DBSK senpai were the first to persist in speaking Japanese. If it were proper for this interview, I would also do my best at speaking Japanese. Since I can’t right now, it’s really mortifying. Moreover, I heard that Japan has a lot of fans, but honestly we’re still overwhelmingly unknown, so first SNSD will begin preparing activities so they can get to know us.

Taeyeon: First, we have self-confidence, and right now it is important for SNSD to show that we’re cool. When we debuted in Korea, there were many girl groups that had a strong image or sexy image. We came out with a natural and relaxed image. We experienced love from people in elementary school to people of old age, regardless of gender. This time again, we’ll cross the border with energetic and powerful performances that are our forte. I believe that a more broad layer of people will come to love us.

Everyone: That’s right.

— Taeyeon, you hit SNSD’s concept right on the head and out of the group I get the feeling you are the one with the most charisma.

Yuri: That’s right. Taeyeon’s birthday is the earliest (Haha)

Taeyeon: Certainly, when we accomplish something as a team, I’m often the one out in the very front.

Hyoyeon: Taeyeon also has wonderful vocals. She has a transparent voice and when she sings we all clearly feel it.

— Do you want long promotions in Japan?

Yuri: Since we’ve worked hard to start our Japan activities, I would like to stay here as long as possible.

Hyoyeon: Yeah. I heard a lot that Japanese variety programs are interesting programs, so I would like to try and be on one.

Sooyoung: In Korea, fans are anticipating our return home after we succeed in Japan, so I want people in Japan to listen to our music as much as possible, I want to sing forever.

Seohyun: On the contrary, we can’t say that we will go home after trying a little and things don’t go smoothly.

Sunny: Right now, none of us are taking it lightly and saying, “We’ll only go to Japan for a little bit.” All 9 of us talk together about our worries and weak points. We back up each other so we can climb over this together. That’s why, right now we’re mostly anticipating this rather than being worried.

— You all really seem like a family and sisters. What is the secret to your united hearts/bond?

Yoona: Since we’re all humans, we all are individuals. Previously we disagreed on trivial things, but before our debut we came to know each other. We talk about things while they’re happening. For example, concerning choreography, even now we have opinions that collide with one another. But, if the individual has a good suggestion, we ask how we can make it SNSD-like, how do we put it together. We’ve grown accustom to operating like that.

Jessica: For example, we ask “How can we make this song look cool” and we discuss how it fits SNSD’s concept. We bounce ideas off one another, we’ve become really skilled at doing that.

Yoona: For simple things, we go with majority rules. Since there’s 9 of us, if you get 5 votes you win (Haha). Hyoyeon is the best at collecting votes. When we’re deciding on a menu what to eat and she knows she goes, “I want this! Everyone else, you also want this!” and decides for us. On dancing and singing practice start times she also goes, “Since I think O is a good time, everyone lets meet at O!” Everyone just goes, “Okay.” (Haha).

— What did you think when you heard you would be debuting in Korea as 9 members back in 2007?

Sooyoung: Before our debut we were all friends, so on the contrary, if we had to be in separate groups and battle one another I think that would have made us sad and lonely. We were anxious and when we heard we would be in a 9 member group, we were happy. Honestly, when we debuted we went to every broadcasting station and greeted them. Since there were 9 of us, the loudness of our voices differed. The staff members said nice things like, “Since there are 9 of you, you all have an amazing power.”

— Seohyun, since you’re the youngest, aren’t you nervous about the debut?

Seohyun: I’m not nervous at all.

Sooyoung: She receives a lot of love from the big sisters. It makes me jealous.

Seohyun: I’ve always wanted an older sister, so when I received 8 at once I was very happy.

— Do you guys fight at times?

Sooyoung: Of course. Mostly about trivial things (Haha). During those times, especially when someone doesn’t say “Sorry”, when we all get together to eat we make peace with one another. It feels just like a family.

— On August 25th you had your showcase live at Ariake Coliseum, but where do you want to put your next mark?

Tiffany: A country-wide tour! BoA senpai and DBSK senpai went all over Japan and it made be very jealous… I would like to have an enjoyable concert country-wide in front of lots of fans.

Sooyoung: Me too, we got to meet many people the other day at our showcase, and I want to meet even more local people.

Yoona: Well, sometime I want to perform at the Tokyo Dome.

Sooyoung: I’d like that too. And also Osaka Dome.

Tiffany: As for me, it’s still a really big dream, but I want to run towards the mark! I don’t know when that will be, but I want to do it in the shortest time possible.

Yuri: Aside from the capital, I want to visit other places. Small scale (performances) are also good, so I want to focus on our Lives. [Note: Lives here means concert, not their personal lives]

— Do you also want to make your mark at the “Japan Record Awards” and “Kohaku Utagassen”? [Note: Kohaku is a huge deal in Japan. It’s an annual singing contest held on New Year’s Eve where Japan’s top artists are INVITED to perform for either the red team or the white team.]

Hyoyeon: Honestly, I want that. But, perhaps we’ll leave other marks. Right now, I want a variety of challenges. Since I’m very greedy (Haha)

Translated by: Kanki@Soshified.com (thank you)

Source: Nikkei Entertainment Magazine

Just found this info on Newsen.

Pre-order of genie amounts to 80K, and more is coming in

link

but i don't want to make wild guess now, just wait until the end of the week.

Also, FYI, It was raining heavily yesterday in Japan due to some typhoon,

so a low sales should be expected. Don't be disappointed just keep supporting the girls.

Edit:

v

v

from previous page, more than 10K.

Guest Redwarrior

Congrats on Oricon Daily No. 5!! :D Too bad we can't really see the sales figures though. I never really understood why the oricon charts stopped after that.

Are there any scheduled music show performances?

It was important for SM, in this case representative Kim Young-min, to portray clearly the intentions of where SNSD is headed to the public at large (most importantly to the people back in Korea). The media knows that SM has quickly climbed up with unprecedented % numbers of stocks/shares by investors at which correlates with the news of SNSD entering the Japan market.

So therefore the tough questions should be asked on how will they go forward with SNSD's future endeavours.

What I heard, Cassies weren't upset with what representative Kim said, but the timing of the questions by the media that was there... because Yunho was present, it was the issue of insensitivity not content.

There's more to the article though:

[Trans] 100907 “Girls’ Generation Will Not Follow In TVXQ’s Footsteps

T/N read it carefully before bashing

At a press conference in Beverly Hills, L.A., Kim Young Min (40) of SM Entertainment stated that, “Contrary to what is expected, Girls’ Generation’s future plans in Asia will not focus solely on Japan.” He implied that Girls’ Generation would take the complete opposite road to carve a place for themselves in Japan from TVXQ, who he pointed out had focused completely on Japanese activities after their debut there and had then become the top of Asia.

He emphasized that, “Girls’ Generation’s primary goal is to become ‘No.1 in Asia’, so it is essential that we construct a system for them where their popularity and talents are verified in other Asian countries so that they naturally become popular in Japan. They will not follow the footsteps of TVXQ, who began to focus on gaining awareness in Asia only after their success in Japan.”

What Kim Young Min thinks about the TVXQ dispute.

Regarding the TVXQ dispute, Kim Young Min said, “It’s heartbreaking and painful. It pains me to see the Japanese media focusing on only one side of the Korean Entertainment industry and saying ‘Korean groups break up easily, and there are many problems within this.’”

Source: [sports khan]

T/N: And this is one that I never thought I would need to translate… until now. It came out about three weeks ago.

-In the past, TVXQ were seen starting from the bottom in Japan and working their way up. But Girls’ Generation is flashy from the start.

▲I hope that everyone sees it in a different perspective. In the past, when TVXQ debuted in Japan, they could not guarantee that they would be popular. Therefore, they needed time to win over fans. Seeing TVXQ, who were already top stars in Korea, perform on a small stage in Japan may have made people think that they were having a hard time when they weren’t.

Source: [segye ilbo]

Many cassies over at the DBSK thread were angry about that last bolded part. Basically Kim didn't think about the context. Japan music scene 4 yrs ago =/= Japan now. There are so many factors that lead to more exposure to Korean songs in Japan. So, 1) It wouldn't do anyone any good to compare the debut of the two groups 2) especially since they are signed under different companies (AVEX didn't do much promo...>.>) SNSD is EXTREMELY lucky to have Universal. CSJH flopped b/c AVEX didn't promote them as much as they could have.

This statement about THSK not having a hard time in Japan also contradicted with the statements of the boys whenever the spoke about their time in Japan. It was basically a slap in both Yunho and Changmin's faces who were present at the presscon.Here's a post that explains why:

IT IS INDEED SHOCKING HOW UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL KIM, AS CEO OF SM ENT CAN BE for the following reasons-

1) “who began to focus on gaining awareness in Asia only after their success in Japan”

- Following his logic, TVXQ only gained popularity after 2008 - which is their turning point in Japan?

- By saying this, Kim is in effect undermining SM’s past efforts (before he came about in 2010) in promoting the boys in Asia and creditted AVEX instead, when AVEX has never promoted Tohoshinki out of Japan!

- Further, as CEO of SM Ent, he should have gotten the facts straight: TVXQ gained awareness as a Korean group and not a JPop group in other Asian countries such as China ever since 2004 and also Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam etc before 2008

- and other Asian countries, including Korea are actually unaware how popular THSK is in Japan because SM did not make that fact known. Usually success in foreign countries are promoted by press releases from management companies, but apart from Purple Line winning No 1 in Oricon charts,SM never highlighted the success of TVXQ in JP to Korea or other Asian markets. When I talk to my Korean friends, none of them knew that THSK is practically like a religion in Japan, and now considered one of the most popular artists there. On contrary, there are much more news coverage on Big Bang "winning rookie award" or KARA going on Shakeburi or SNSD holding a fanmeeting of 20,000 people. But one seems to know that TVXQ has been there, done that, and how much they have achieved in Japan - even the editor-in-chief of Oricon said it himself - it is the success of TVXQ that actually promoted Korean pop culture!

2) saying ‘Korean groups break up easily, and there are many problems within this.’”

- Ironic how he shifts the blame for “corrupting the korean ent industry image” to JYJ when the root of the problem are actually the entertainment companies, and not the artists

- Surveying SM ENT's past history, apart from Kangta and Boa, which successful group stayed in SM?Not H.O.T, Not S.E.S, Not ShinHwa, Not Fly to the Sky, Not Hangeng …

- even though everyone may have different reasons for their decisions, a high rate of discontinuation in a company always indicates some degree of discontentment towards the company. and if you look at those that left, none of them left to pursue "bigger things" but preferred signing with new or fresh companies such as Shinhwa leaving to Good Entertainment

3) “may have made people think that they were having a hard time when they weren’t”

- first of all, as CEO of SM ENT, it is a cardinal rule that you never ever speak badly of your employees - so did he forget that TVXQ strictly speaking is still under SM? Does it do him any good to imply that TVXQ was lying?

- good move SM, instead of trying to gain support of the remaining pro-SM/HoMin TVXQ fans, you had to stomp upon TVXQ's goodwill on HoMin's (and SNSD) expenses and blatantly display to them how DISRESPECTFUL and UNAPPRECIATIVE THE COMPANY IS TO THEIR ARTISTS WHO WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF to feed them. I remembered when Hangeng’s lawsuit first came out, Kyu’s cyworld said sth like “even a beast don’t bite the hand that feeds one” –

Kim, before there was Suju, SNSD, Shinee, it was TVXQ and BoA who “weren’t having a hard time in JP” that fed you.

4)"TVXQ focused completely on Japanese activities after their debut there and had then become the top of Asia"

- throughout this article, there is also an undertone of Kim's hostility and resentment to the fact that TVXQ focused mainly on the Japanese market

- but then, the business strategy of placing TVXQ as foreign newbies in the JPop market is entirely SM's decision, not TVXQ's

- further, according to SM's site, "In September 1999, Kim Young-min joined SM Entertainment as a team leader of overseas business". assuming that this is right, and Japan is overseas - so now Kim is hinting that TVXQ focusing in Japan is wrong - but guess who's to blame?

Lastly, whilst Kim's intentions were to promote SNSD as the number one group in Asia - he should never have done it by trampling upon the success of other artists, especially his artist. By doing so, not only did he highlighted the lack of his allegiance and respect to his artists, but also does nothing more than stirring up anti-SNSD sentiments amongst Cassies or BigEast or even Japanese people who became aware of Korean groups only because of TVXQ.

It wasn't about SNSD but more about KYM's choice of how he went to explain about Soshi's Japan activities and plans.

Does anyone have pictures of Taeyeon from the "My Life Would Suck without You" Perf? I Loved her whole image there :P (Very young, fresh, hyper, and beautiful). - Made me love her even more!

Guest mydeeryoona

actually I don't expect them to sell up to 80k in the first single

well it's the shipment to retailer but I still find it's very high number

but with this high number why we still see the single go out of stock at the outlets that's quite weird

If SM and UMJ want to achieve that number

I guess they may have a big plan that not yet reveal